• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Sometimes I see a cloud and try to envision the water the cloud contains condensed. I want to envision this accurately, so, community scientists, would the cloud contain enough to fill a swimming pool? More or less? I'm talking like your average cumulus cloud on a sunny day. Sorry if that's not enough information.

Years
Couldn't you google this?

I'd say that since clouds vary dramatically in size etc... it would be fairly hard to get a fixed result on this.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Why should I when I can ask someone here, all the while igniting a potentially interesting conversation? Conversations like this are how people are able to consult google for things in the first place. I was hoping not only to spark a curiosity and wonder of an amazing feat such as clouds here, on this forum, but to get a broad response on the topic as a whole. In my dreams that could happen. Commence with the boring "lol google" answers.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I actually live with someone who could probably answer this to some extent - it sounds right up his alley with the kinda work he does. If not then I'll take a stab at it if I can. But I can tell you now that it'd depend on the density of the cloud, it's volume, and the volume of the swimming pool - all of which are absurdly variable. But I'll ask him a bit later and get back to ya because I'm interested in this one too now, haha.

By the way - I'm alright with this thread, for anyone who thinks it should just be googled and closed or whatever. I don't know exactly what sort of discussion's gonna form here but something interesting at least will hopefully come out of it and I imagine we'd all learn something. I wanna give this a shot and see how it does.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I've always wanted to live on a cloud...

And that's an interesting question, actually. I'd assume it could though. Clouds are massive. Don't take my word for it! Also, the thread title = awesome

Back