This is a twist on the pokemon nuzlocke challenge! Credits for this do go to Marriland (Youtuber).
1. FAINTED POKEMON ARE DEAD
When a Pokemon faints, it must be released forever (or boxed permanently). It is considered to be dead.
2. ONLY CATCH THE 1ST ELIGIBLE POKEMON IN AN AREA.
You can catch or obtain only the first eligible obtainable Pokemon you encounter in any route or area, with exceptions being made based on the Pokemon's gender. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area.
• Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught. Ever.
• If you have 1, 3, or 5 Pokemon in your party, you ignore any Pokemon encounters whose gender you have an uneven number of, e.g. if you have just one male Pokemon and two female Pokemon, you cannot catch any more female Pokemon until the count is even again. If you have an even number of each gender, this does not apply.
• "Dupes Clause" is recommended, to add to the uniqueness of each Pokemon. This means you do not count any encounter against any Pokemon whose species you have already caught, which is usually determined by the Poke Ball symbol by their HP bar.
3. ALL POKEMON MUST BE NICKNAMED
This is to increase the bond between you and your Pokemon. They're not just randoms; they're your friends. Treat them accordingly.
4. YOUR POKEMON ARE "PARTNERED" WITH EACH OTHER AND FIGHT IN PAIRS
• Only one male and one female can form a pair, and once they do, it lasts until one dies or is released.
• Each Pokemon on your team can battle only alongside its partner, if it has one. Switching Pokemon out in battle is allowed, but ONLY for the Pokemon's partner.
• If a Pokemon dies in battle, its partner must avenge the fallen Pokemon or die along with them; switching to any other Pokemon is forbidden, regardless of circumstance. (In the case of Double or Triple Battles, you may have to make exceptions. Do what feels right.)
• If a Pokemon's partner dies, it can gain a new one that doesn't already have a partner (either from a PC box or a wild Pokemon)
5. YOU CANNOT DEPOSIT POKEMON TO YOUR PC
• You must release Pokemon or have them die in battle if you want to withdraw anything in your PC.
• You can freely release your Pokemon (up to you if it counts as a "death" or not), but you will probably feel like a jerk for doing it.
• If you absolutely require HM moves to get through the game, you may temporarily break this rule and deposit a pair of Pokemon in the PC for one or two HM Pokemon; however, they cannot fight or do anything other than use HM moves outside of battle, and should be removed as soon as one of your main Pokemon can use the required HM move.
Meh what the heck.
Ima di this on Emerald
Nickname restriction: Males are fruit, Females are Vegetables
Additional rule: Dupes clause: if I run into a pokemon I already have, I can skip onto the next pkmn I see.
I'm starting this with the Pokemon Emerald randomizer to make the challenge a little more fun. It randomizes the starter pokemon and pokemon that appear.
- My starters happened to be Houndoom, Vulpix, and Ninetales. I was thinking of re-randomizing, but I decided against it and went with Houndoom.
- Caught Chimecho (female) at level 3 on the first route. My team now consists of a male Houndoom and a female Chimecho. The Chimecho only knows Wrap, so it won't be much help.
- The Chimecho got annihilated by a wild Entei, time to find another female.
- Caught a female Numel on the next route (north of Oldale), guess I got a fiery pair.
- Guess what, the Numel got killed by a Jirachi. Time to find yet ANOTHER female.