• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Art Battle #1 - Create a Fakemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

Art Battle #1 - Create a Fakemon!

I honestly think quuuuuite a lot of people here are amazing at the art of fakemon creation. So I thought it'd be a good idea to let people draw whatever the heck they wanted for the first art battle in quite a while. :3

You're supposed to draw a fakemon. As simple as that. No restrictions regarding the type or anything else. Just make it look as appealing as you could. If you manage to win, you stand a chance to win an emblem and have your gallery stickied for a certain number of days.

Rules

- You may use any medium of art
- Artwork may or may not include color.
- Maximum dimensions of 1440x900 is allowed. So go wild, I say! (being specific because it could serve as my desktop background, yknow.)
- Only one entry per member.
- No previously made artwork.
- Must be your own artwork; do not take credit for other artist's work.
- Entries should be submitted to me in a PM before WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6th @ 8:00PM GMT+5:30 (or Indian Local time, if you wanna google that). This is when the entry period ends and the voting period begins. (Do not post entries in thread)
- You may not vote for your own work - shouldn't really need to say this, lmao.
- Do not divulge information regarding your works. Remember, the whole 'PMing the entries to me' thing is being done to maintain anonymity and prevent any biased voting. No one should know which entry has been done by whom.
- Ask any questions you have in the thread.

Voting

- Once the entry period ends, I will post all entries on the thread, without names.
- You are then supposed to vote on the entry you liked the most and state your reasoning behind your preference. Remember, you have to post your votes here. Not PM me. There will be no poll.
- You may vote even if you have not participated in the battle.
- You must vote if you have participated in the battle.
- After one week of voting, I will post the winning submissions! (along with artists' names)

Contestants

- Alexial357 (Entry received)
- WinterKirby (Entry received)
- Loki
(Disqualified due to lack of submission)
- Sunfished (Entry received)
- Urugamosu (Entry received)
- Inferna (Entry received)
- Adin Terim (Entry received)
- Corvidae (Entry received)

Hope to see some wonderful stuff in here, guys. Remember, an emblem is at stake here. ;p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Count me in for this battle! ;D Thanks Dero!!! <33333333;;

@ppooookkkkkkk
Derozio said:
- You may use any medium of art

I don't think it has to be digital.

derozio

Years
Yes, like Alex said, it doesn't have to be digital. ;] Should I add you to the participants' list then, pok?

You're in, Alex.

derozio

Years
Alrighty, pok-man! You've been added as an entrant. :3

Edit: WinterKirby has already sent his entry, guys. And it is looking pretty darn good. <3;

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Hmmm... I might try my hand at this even though I'm god awful at design. *Q* I hope I can finish on time....

derozio

Years
You've got almost ten days. I'm sure you can do it, Loki. I'll add you. :3

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Question! When you said a fakemon, is it specifically one fakemon, or can we have a whole evolutionary line included as well?

derozio

Years
It means exactly that - a fakemon. I decided against going for the whole evolutionary line thing because I don't really want to burden the artists with multiple entries.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Ok, so no evolutions. I guess I want to participate as well.

derozio

Years
Sprites aren't allowed, I'm afraid. I do plan to have a joint event sometime in the future, though. Logeidan already told me that we may see something that we can all do together so that'll be something to look forward to, I suppose.

You've been included in the list, Sunfished and Charlie.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Can't make my design, first I caught very bad flu and fever then I got pain in my legs. And when I'll fesl fine ( doctors said you need to stick to the bed till February 8) so I just can't make my dedign. I would like you to get me out of the list.
This was posted using my mobile.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Excuse me Derozio, but I pm'd my submission to you about a few days ago and it still says that you haven't received it. I have no idea if it's because it was a link or you didn't have time to update the first post.

derozio

Years
Updated the first post. Sorry for the delay, guys. Been a little busy. I'll update the post again tomorrow. Gotta go now so yeah..

We've got another contestant and he has already submitted his entry.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So gonna do this. Is it okay to divulge type and name, or is it just the design?

Type / name / description is optional. I added a name and whatnot and Dero didn't force me to redo my entry or anything. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back