• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
So close... Many of the specials are different on Emerald. Special 0xA1 will nickname a pokemon for you. Try looking at scripts which you know contain the given special to find their new numbers.

Even in Fire Red I found my nickname special only works sometimes. Any idea why that is? Like it works I'd say half the time and randomly. Script doesn't crash or anything but it doesn't name the Pokemon (the nick name screen comes up with a ??? rather than the Pokemon mini-sprite-overworld thing). I can only assume I'm supposed to do more in the script than just calling the nickname special.

Any idea why that is?

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
And now it's not even letting me receive the Pokemon, fun..

Spoiler:

Proof that this doesn't let me get the actual pokemon, it's actually really small, click it to make it bigger...
Lol MB

Last edited by a moderator:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
And now it's not even letting me receive the Pokemon, fun..

Spoiler:

Proof that this doesn't let me get the actual pokemon, it's actually really small, click it to make it bigger...
Lol MB

It looks like you've overwritten your initial script without re-pointing the parts of it which you have expanded in this revised version. This is because your offsets haven't changed (your scripts both start at the offset 0x9C0B77) and has led to your script becoming garbled later on. Unless you're doing minor edits (that don't increase the overall length) to an already inserted script then you should be using dynamic offsets like how you originally inserted the script rather than using the decompiled version.

Also, you seem to be using an early version of XSE. Here's a link to XSE 1.1.1 which is far less buggy and alters a few things such as the msgbox commands.

With that, try inserting this with the new version of XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @TakeRiolu
msgbox @Initiation 0x2
release
end

#org @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantAnother? 0x2
release
end

#org @TakeRiolu
givepokemon 0x27 0x5 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @FoundRiolu 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
msgbox @NicknameRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

#org @Nickname
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xA1
waitstate
return

#org @WantRiolu?
= A Riolu is in a Pokéball.\pDo you want a Riolu?

#org @Initiation
= Well it doesn't seem right, is this\nan initiation?

#org @WantAnother?
= Really you want another one!

#org @FoundRilolu
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org @NicknameRiolu?
= \c\h01ÊNickname this RIOLU?

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
It looks like you've overwritten your initial script without re-pointing the parts of it which you have expanded in this revised version. This is because your offsets haven't changed (your scripts both start at the offset 0x9C0B77) and has led to your script becoming garbled later on. Unless you're doing minor edits (that don't increase the overall length) to an already inserted script then you should be using dynamic offsets like how you originally inserted the script rather than using the decompiled version.

With that, try inserting this with the new version of XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @TakeRiolu
msgbox @Initiation 0x2
release
end

#org @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantAnother? 0x2
release
end

#org @TakeRiolu
givepokemon 0x27 0x5 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @FoundRiolu 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
msgbox @NicknameRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

#org @Nickname
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xA1
waitstate
return

#org @WantRiolu?
= A Riolu is in a Pokéball.\pDo you want a Riolu?

#org @Initiation
= Well it doesn't seem right, is this\nan initiation?

#org @WantAnother?
= Really you want another one!

#org @FoundRilolu
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org @NicknameRiolu?
= \c\h01ÊNickname this RIOLU?

Now it just doesnt work, but i think it's because there has to be three of them for three different pokemon...

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
I'm using XSE and i put this in

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hey, Lj.

However when I put the offset into the advance map sprite and talk to it it just gives a bleep sound and no msgbox appears. Please help.

Sorry for double posting but I fixed it I needed to download XSE 1.1.1 I guess I had a older version of XSE. So I got it.

Last edited:

butterflye

Dancing on the rainbow lane
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Hi, I just started the scripting and I need help.
I use the Ruby game. I make a givepokemon script and I follow the diegoisawesome's tutorial. It works, but to a point. When I click "Yes", box with Yes / No disappears, but the game freezes. (Here's the screenshot img841.imageshack.us/img841/4355/eeekp.png). Does anyone have an idea what is the reason?

Here's my script:
Spoiler:

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Hi, I just started the scripting and I need help.
I use the Ruby game. I make a givepokemon script and I follow the diegoisawesome's tutorial. It works, but to a point. When I click "Yes", box with Yes / No disappears, but the game freezes. (Here's the screenshot img841.imageshack.us/img841/4355/eeekp.png). Does anyone have an idea what is the reason?

Here's my script:
Spoiler:

Tell me if this Helps

Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
It says type mismatch on line 21 and that's with the new xse...

the problem may have just been that there's three of them...

It doesn't work because I accidentally misspelled Riolu on that dynamic pointer so it didn't know where to connect. After correcting that it compiled perfectly in my XSE :P

butterflye

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Tell me if this Helps

Spoiler:

No, it did not help. To be honest, I don't see also difference between your script and mine. Anyway, I tried to use other tutorials, I added also "lock" and "faceplayer", but still the game freezes when I select "Yes". Here's the script with a few changes:
Spoiler:

Can anybody help me?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
How would I go about making a level script that starts in the players room BEFORE the player is actually shown in their room? Can I do that? What i want to do is go through the intro of telling oak your name and all that, then when you shrink down into an OW, instead of just starting off in your room, a script will start that warps the player to a different map, they do a little story stuff, then it ends, and warps them back to their room into their bed, like if it was all a dream? I know how to do all of this except for the initial activation of the level script, because I'm bad with those. o-o

No, it did not help. To be honest, I don't see also difference between your script and mine. Anyway, I tried to use other tutorials, I added also "lock" and "faceplayer", but still the game freezes when I select "Yes". Here's the script with a few changes:
Spoiler:

Can anybody help me?
Haha, this may be an easy fix, let me know if this helps. Try changing "compare lastresult 0x1" to "compare 0x300D" or "compare lastresult 0x300D"

Last edited:

butterflye

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Yes, thank you, it finally works.

But I have another problem and I hope that my another request doesn't tire anybody. The same script is going to have one, a strange anomaly. If there is a choice of Yes / No, when I click Yes, the game takes it as click No, and I don't get Pokemon. Does anyone know and could cause me the reason? I totally am beginner in scripting...

Again, this is the script:
Spoiler:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Yes, thank you, it finally works.

But I have another problem and I hope that my another request doesn't tire anybody. The same script is going to have one, a strange anomaly. If there is a choice of Yes / No, when I click Yes, the game takes it as click No, and I don't get Pokemon. Does anyone know and could cause me the reason? I totally am beginner in scripting...

Again, this is the script:
Spoiler:

It's var 0x800D, that is LASTRESULT. It's on line 10, you're checking the wrong var.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
It's var 0x800D, that is LASTRESULT. It's on line 10, you're checking the wrong var.
like i was saying, I get 300 and 800 mixed up sometimes haha. x3
but yeah, betterflye, if the 800D works for your script, then forget what i said about setting the compare to 0x0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back