• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
This may or may not resemble the events in Black and White where we had to battle N after he had defeated Alder, but what if we had the evil organization's leader as the region's champion?

It shouldn't have to play out the same way as Black and White. Instead, this champion ended up becoming corrupted at some point in his time as the region's champ and only wanted to grow more powerful. In doing so he formulated his own organization and searched out new ways for power - genetically enhanced ways. Maybe he had even grown up with a mother or father who was a scientist in Pokémon genetics. He plays nice with the people and the protagonist, but secretly he has been doing some very dark things behind everyone's back and it isn't known until we discover he's the leader of said organization.

Which probably wouldn't happen until after we defeat the Elite 4, because if it happened any time before that, then the League probably wouldn't welcome him back.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
This may or may not resemble the events in Black and White where we had to battle N after he had defeated Alder, but what if we had the evil organization's leader as the region's champion?

It shouldn't have to play out the same way as Black and White. Instead, this champion ended up becoming corrupted at some point in his time as the region's champ and only wanted to grow more powerful. In doing so he formulated his own organization and searched out new ways for power - genetically enhanced ways. Maybe he had even grown up with a mother or father who was a scientist in Pokémon genetics. He plays nice with the people and the protagonist, but secretly he has been doing some very dark things behind everyone's back and it isn't known until we discover he's the leader of said organization.

Which probably wouldn't happen until after we defeat the Elite 4, because if it happened any time before that, then the League probably wouldn't welcome him back.

Idk, it feels too much like Pokémon Colosseum tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm this is unrelated to the champions, but I wanted to add in that I'm extremely excited about hearing more rumours, rather than actually information? I mean I love information and all, but the stuff that comes out of rumours and the things you can hope for is just so much more exciting. I mean, will we get Pokemon rumours? :3 And soon?? I love images of Pokemon rumours from like CoroCoro idc if they're fake but daym they're exciting. Actually I hope we get fake leaks or really early leaks of CoroCoro next month just because EXCITING.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The champs have been quite varied in personality in imo.
Blue- Jerkish childhood friend
Red-...
Lance- Calm but can kick butt when he has to (well all of them can)
Steven- Cool, and relaxed stone obsessive rich boy
Wallace- Likes beauty and elegance
Cynthia- Relaxed, likes myths and going to resorts
Alder- Is like a grandfather
Iris- Peppy, and cheerful but can get angry if one messes with Pokemon.

Maybe we can have a champ who's sort of a loner making the player want to learn more about her/him.

blue

gucci
Years
I think it's intentional that they make the Champions with different personalities and background, it gives us more of a diversity mixture. It will be interesting to see how they decide to portray the new champion.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah the person telling you to go out on your journey just so they can beat you? Kinda doesn't make sense. :( This is mainly because I see the professor as more of a mentor than anything really
"I have to tell you, <player>...I was once the Champion! It didn't last long, the current Champion beat me two days later, so I became a professor! Now go out and squash him!"

Something like that? :P

Cyclone

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I am angry! I want a dolphin water starter! And now I won't ever get one as this is probably the last generation.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Graphics aside there's one thing I hope they fix: The encounters. I've said it in one thread, but they better get rid of random encounters. It's a dated and tired mechanics, one that has no purpose and is just annoying. They got 3D models, so it can't be hard to make them visible in the overworld. This way you get to choose if you want to fight them or not, without having to click the run button 10 times every 5 minutes.

Random encounters is a common thing for JRPGs, and it also ruins the feeling of being patient to catch a rare Pokemon (not to mention game-breaker material).

You ever played any modern JRPG? I'm 99% sure Pokemon is the ONLY RPG that still uses random encounters.

You don't need random encounter to get surprised of getting a rare Pokemon nor does do you need to it to reward patience. **** just seeing it in the overworld alone is a surprise on its own, and if they don't want you to catch it easily it can run away instead of trying to attack you. I know in Persona 3 when you find a rare shadow it'll run away right when it sees you.

It would be good to interact with Wild Pokemon rather than having encounters but from the images, it still looks like there are grass patches for it.

Why don't we compromise over this and think about what the Pokémon would be like if its monsters popped out of the overworld's grass just before the game switched into battle mode?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am angry! I want a dolphin water starter! And now I won't ever get one as this is probably the last generation.
Why do you say that? If it remains popular, and there are still more ideas out there, there could be a 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th generation.

Cyclone

Years
Why don't we compromise over this and think about what the Pokémon would be like if its monsters popped out of the overworld's grass just before the game switched into battle mode?

It sort of looked like that's what was going on with the wild Pikachu in the trailer.

Yeah and I wanted a flightless Grass bird last gen, and a Fire snake for this one but I still have my hopes they'll come around...eventually, maybe not as starters but plain Pokémon.

Years
This is off subject, but in the trailer, who realized that the main character was roller skating at one point? I wonder if this is replacing the bike or running shoes, or if it is just gonna be a third option.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I just realized something.

The names for the starters are in English.

Since the they said worldwide in October, now I'm wondering how is Gamefreak actually working on this game in order to be able to send it out worldwide in the same month!?

Didn't they release every single regional name variant of the starters with the trailer? I noticed that screenshots of that point in the Japanese version of the trailer have the Japanese name in a bigger font at the top instead of the English name, so I think that GameFreak has every name for the starters finalized (or nearly so.)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea I think the names are pretty much done by now....man when do we get new info? I'm starving~

This is off subject, but in the trailer, who realized that the main character was roller skating at one point? I wonder if this is replacing the bike or running shoes, or if it is just gonna be a third option.

Yea we've talked about it before. Some of us think it might replace the shoes, bike, or like you said maybe just a third option. We did notice but just not enough data to go off on and come up with theories lol.

Years
I highly doubt that'll ever happen. All starter Pokémon have been able to walk on land at this point, and well a dolphin (unless they do something weird to it) a can't.

There's no set pattern for the starters. Besides for the past five generations we got a lizard of somekind for grass but now it seems we've got our first mammal grass starter. Last generation we got our first water mammal, and in the one before that we got our first fire mammal (hey they made a mammal starter pattern...)
So maybe we will get legless starters next (barring Serperior as it had legs as Snivy as you said).

Anyways on this generation I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll do cutscene's, hope they don't cut off the characters like in EBWB2W2s.

Years
One thing that I always wished they would improve in these games was the pokemon noises. Why can't they take the same sounds from the show and use those for the games?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
One thing that I always wished they would improve in these games was the pokemon noises. Why can't they take the same sounds from the show and use those for the games?
Would you prefer more things to do in-game or more Pokémon noises? Personally, I choose the former.

Cyclone

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Would you prefer more things to do in-game or more Pokémon noises? Personally, I choose the former.

Cyclone

Considering they'd just be sound clips I don't think it'd be a problem. The "stuff to do" in-game has always been relatively uninspired so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to add in sound clips. Do you really consider calling in (for example) a Rhyhorn in its full 3-D glory and then hearing his mediocre Generation I sound appealing? Haha something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back