• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Ok ya so with the new xse it works better but I don't know why but i'm not receiving the pokemon.

Proof

You actually have the pokemon BUT you didn't activate the pokemon party to appear on the menu
go back to the script and insert this line (I think you're using emerald right?)
setflag 0x860

and if u want the pokedex insert this line
setflag 0x861

hope this helps...

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
You actually have the pokemon BUT you didn't activate the pokemon party to appear on the menu
go back to the script and insert this line (I think you're using emerald right?)
setflag 0x860

and if u want the pokedex insert this line
setflag 0x861

hope this helps...

Ok thank you it worked...

And thanks to the other people that helped me

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Another question...
I have a script that involves someone moving to a particular spot, but as soon as I move out of eyeshot and come back, the person reverts back to where they initially were. How would I keep them from moving back, even after exiting and entering the map again?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Another question...
I have a script that involves someone moving to a particular spot, but as soon as I move out of eyeshot and come back, the person reverts back to where they initially were. How would I keep them from moving back, even after exiting and entering the map again?

This is actually a question that I'd be interested in too. The solution I think is a level script, similar to the one in the player's room in FireRed. It'd go like this:

movesprite2 0xPersonEventNumber 0xX-pos 0xY-pos
spritebehave 0xPersonEventNumber 0xBehaviourNumber

Behavior number is just what the person does (look down is 0x8 look around is 0x1...ect). This is for FireRed, though other gen III ROMs are likely similar if not the same.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
This is actually a question that I'd be interested in too. The solution I think is a level script, similar to the one in the player's room in FireRed. It'd go like this:

movesprite2 0xPersonEventNumber 0xX-pos 0xY-pos
spritebehave 0xPersonEventNumber 0xBehaviourNumber

Behavior number is just what the person does (look down is 0x8 look around is 0x1...ect). This is for FireRed, though other gen III ROMs are likely similar if not the same.

Very close, it just doesn't need to be in a level script. It just has to go directly after the applymovement it is holding in place.

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
So if I put that in, I can guarantee the particular ow's not going to move when I leave the map?

karatekid552

Years
So if I put that in, I can guarantee the particular ow's not going to move when I leave the map?

If done properly, yes. If you don't care what direction it faces, then you don't need the sprite behave. I believe a basic list of behaviors is:

0 = face down
1 = face up
2 = face left
3 = face right

Not sure, but after a few tries you'll get it right.

Note: These behaviors will not line up with the ones in A-map, trust me, I've tried.

Really? I thought it would reset if you leave the map :O

Depends, the command "movesprite" is not permanent. "Movesprite2" is permanent.

You do realize that there is a command database in XSE if you just hit F1, right? That is where I learned how to use half of these commands:).

Also, level scripts are pretty much the same as regular scripts, they just activate when you enter the map, rather than activating on a person event or an s-tile.

Last edited:

kj3400

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Ok, thanks guys, it'll be good to finally learn all the ins and outs of this scripting business :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
For running shoes if I just set the flag 0x82F does it give them to me? What to do?

Yeah, a few of the early things that look like items are actually activated by flags in FRLG (e.g the Pokedex). Just set the flag in a script and you should be able to run around in appropriate locations :P

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Not working D:
The variable 0x5004 is just a variable I was using to keep track of gender btw. There were not problems with the script outside running shoe (everything would work in the order/way I wanted, but running shoes were never given). After the end of the script I tried it out and I just can't run :(

This is FireRed.

Spoiler:

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
If i'm using pokemon ruby and i've made events using poketronic and advance map how do I make it so the event dissapears from the map once you've battled or captured the pokemon?

karatekid552

Years
Actually, you can. In the bottom, where it says flag, enter the flag. Then compile. Now, open up your script in XSE and delete the line that says clearflag 0x_____. Now, compile it again. Then, go take that flag number and set it as the person I.D. In A-map.

The person won't disappear right away, but you won't be able to battle again. Look about 5 posts above to find out how to make it dissapear on the spot. Remeber, if you add to a poketronic script, you must repoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back