The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23626    
Old January 25th, 2013 (3:25 PM).
wwmb's Avatar
wwmb wwmb is offline
Watcher
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
    Sorry, yeah it is FR haha
    The post mentioned removing the intro, but im looking more to...delay it.
    I also have no ASM skills, but I will attempt to teach myself if thats what is needed to do my idea, but will that code remove it? or could i use that to maybe push back the intro of the game, so i can allow my own events to happen and then create some kind of event where it initiates the original intro?
    Yep, ASM seems to be a requirement.... and, if you learn it you could not only activate it (or parts of it, like Jambo kind of does) whenever you want, but make your own version.

    I don't actually know ASM (yet) either, so I cannot help you very much, other than finding posts by other people

    I think the (perhaps simplified) steps are: move the intro (and stop everything from trying to call it), build a function to start the intro at its new place of residence, and then write a script to call that function.

    Good luck!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #23627    
    Old January 26th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
    tajaros's Avatar
    tajaros tajaros is offline
    Hi I'm dawg
       
      Join Date: Apr 2012
      Location: Philippines
      Age: 18
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 857
      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
      Ok, this is extremely urgent A-map seems to be malfunctioning along with 1.92.

      So I was trying to port over my old tileset but when i do everything in the tileset became monocolored... :/

      Yet, I've edited the pallete and when I checked the pallete editor the palletes are right but in a-map and in game the tiles are monocolored and I don't know why...

      It's my first time inserting tiles again after a month but I don't think that's my problem because on a new ROM a clean FR rom I saved the tileset and tried to load it again but when it load it was monocolored and I don't know the reason behind that... :/

      Here's a pic to show you guys what's happening.

      Spoiler:


      I need help please without this to be fixed I can't contninue with my hack... :/
      __________________
        #23628    
      Old January 27th, 2013 (1:31 AM).
      DrFuji's Avatar
      DrFuji DrFuji is offline
      Heiki Hecchara‌‌
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Downia-upside
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 1,326
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
      Ok, this is extremely urgent A-map seems to be malfunctioning along with 1.92.

      So I was trying to port over my old tileset but when i do everything in the tileset became monocolored... :/

      Yet, I've edited the pallete and when I checked the pallete editor the palletes are right but in a-map and in game the tiles are monocolored and I don't know why...

      It's my first time inserting tiles again after a month but I don't think that's my problem because on a new ROM a clean FR rom I saved the tileset and tried to load it again but when it load it was monocolored and I don't know the reason behind that... :/

      Here's a pic to show you guys what's happening.

      Spoiler:


      I need help please without this to be fixed I can't contninue with my hack... :/
      That happens when you complete these steps:
      • Save your tileset from A-Map and open it in Paint/ another image editor
      • Edit the palette that you were using in A-Map
      • Save your tileset with the new palette, overwriting the version you saved earlier
      • Make some changes to the original tileset that was opened in Paint and save it, once again overwriting the file that was just saved from A-Map (At this point you're overwriting a file that overwrote an earlier version of this file)
      • When you load this new tileset into A-Map it will display like what you've shown, with the final palette in the tileset overwriting all the colours except the transparent one (I think it can also overwrite the transparent colour if you changed it while editing the palette earlier)
      You get this effect because Paint only saves the image and doesn't overwrite the assigned palette even if its different. When you edit the palette in A-Map and overwrite the file that is still in Paint then you're working with an outdated version of the tileset in terms of the palette if you don't reload/ reopen it so when you again overwrite that file it doesn't change the associated palette to what it was originally.

      To get your tileset back to normal you need to have your final saved tileset which looks screwed up in A-Map but fine in Paint - If you deleted it in a fit of confusion or something happened to it then there's nothing you can do other than start again or use an earlier saved version from a back up. Anyway, you need to change your palette back to how it was when you started out with 100% accuracy, if you've got a .pal file of it then you should have no trouble with this. Save the messed up tileset in A-Map but title it something different than the standard 'TilesetXX' so you don't overwrite anything. Copy+Paste the tileset that looks okay in Paint but wrong in A-Map over this newly made tileset and save it. When you open it in A-Map then it should hopefully look back to normal.

      Ugh, sorry that parts of this are poorly worded. I've had this happen one or two times so I know it can be really devastating if you don't know what to do ;_;
      __________________
        #23629    
      Old January 27th, 2013 (3:33 AM).
      tajaros's Avatar
      tajaros tajaros is offline
      Hi I'm dawg
         
        Join Date: Apr 2012
        Location: Philippines
        Age: 18
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 857
        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
        That happens when you complete these steps:
        • Save your tileset from A-Map and open it in Paint/ another image editor
        • Edit the palette that you were using in A-Map
        • Save your tileset with the new palette, overwriting the version you saved earlier
        • Make some changes to the original tileset that was opened in Paint and save it, once again overwriting the file that was just saved from A-Map (At this point you're overwriting a file that overwrote an earlier version of this file)
        • When you load this new tileset into A-Map it will display like what you've shown, with the final palette in the tileset overwriting all the colours except the transparent one (I think it can also overwrite the transparent colour if you changed it while editing the palette earlier)
        You get this effect because Paint only saves the image and doesn't overwrite the assigned palette even if its different. When you edit the palette in A-Map and overwrite the file that is still in Paint then you're working with an outdated version of the tileset in terms of the palette if you don't reload/ reopen it so when you again overwrite that file it doesn't change the associated palette to what it was originally.

        To get your tileset back to normal you need to have your final saved tileset which looks screwed up in A-Map but fine in Paint - If you deleted it in a fit of confusion or something happened to it then there's nothing you can do other than start again or use an earlier saved version from a back up. Anyway, you need to change your palette back to how it was when you started out with 100% accuracy, if you've got a .pal file of it then you should have no trouble with this. Save the messed up tileset in A-Map but title it something different than the standard 'TilesetXX' so you don't overwrite anything. Copy+Paste the tileset that looks okay in Paint but wrong in A-Map over this newly made tileset and save it. When you open it in A-Map then it should hopefully look back to normal.

        Ugh, sorry that parts of this are poorly worded. I've had this happen one or two times so I know it can be really devastating if you don't know what to do ;_;
        I don't think so when I tried it in another hack it was the same so I think I'm hopeless for tile inserting now... :(
        __________________
          #23630    
        Old January 27th, 2013 (5:49 AM).
        FBI's Avatar
        FBI FBI is offline
        Free supporter
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2013
        Location: Unknown Island
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,700
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
        I don't think so when I tried it in another hack it was the same so I think I'm hopeless for tile inserting now... :(
        Are you using MS paint to insert tiles (I use XP, cuz we gud liek dat yo)? If you're not I think you should. Another thing you can do is what Fuji suggested, and work from a back up. Though if you have the desired tile set (and the colors are compatible i.e RGB# is a multiple of 8), then you can simply open the palette editor and change the colors to match and insert (shouldn't take more than 10 mins). Also, make sure advance map is the most recent version :)
        __________________
        ...
          #23631    
        Old January 27th, 2013 (9:02 AM).
        Chaos Rush's Avatar
        Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
        im sexy and i know it
           
          Join Date: May 2007
          Location: Taylor Swift
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 1,296
          How would you find the ASM routine that the game runs when pressing A while selecting "Pokedex" on the Start Menu? I tried pausing the game in VBA-SDL-H right after pressing A, but I can't find the exact routine, because whenever I put in a breakpoint, it breaks even in other places that have nothing to do with the Pokedex, and that it seems like the game is always running multiple routines or something :/
          __________________

          My projects:
          Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
          Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
          Sonic Classic Heroes
          Sonic 3 Complete
            #23632    
          Old January 27th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
          miksy91's Avatar
          miksy91 miksy91 is offline
          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
             
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Location: A small country in the North
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 1,435
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
            How would you find the ASM routine that the game runs when pressing A while selecting "Pokedex" on the Start Menu? I tried pausing the game in VBA-SDL-H right after pressing A, but I can't find the exact routine, because whenever I put in a breakpoint, it breaks even in other places that have nothing to do with the Pokedex, and that it seems like the game is always running multiple routines or something :/
            There are several things you can try but you're currently on a wrong path if I understood right what you're saying here. The processor executes code so fast that if you're trying to press some button on that program to stop executing at certain point, you can never be quick enough.
            Anyway, can't you just set a breakpoint to the ram address having the buttons stored in them? There should be some high ram area in GBA where certain universal things like key presses are stored. When you press A, one bit is set in a certain ram address and you can set a breakpoint to that address and follow the code onwards from there.

            Another way would be trying to use an asm editor and get hang of the processes being executed before you press A button at that time.
            You should be able to find some table defining text strings "Pokedex", "Pokemon", [Player's name]", "Option" and all that stuff. Find the pointer to "Pokedex" for instance and see how it is accessed. Somewhere close to it (either in that routine or some "main routine" calling that subroutine) you should find a routine for making the game wait for the player to press either A button or Up/Down for scrolling up or down in the menu.

            For reference; http://blog.pkh.me/p/1-scavenger-hunt.html
            __________________
            My Rom Hack



            Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
            CP of encountered pokemon in GO

            Learn how to hack GB/C games:

            Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
            -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
              #23633    
            Old January 27th, 2013 (2:09 PM).
            tajaros's Avatar
            tajaros tajaros is offline
            Hi I'm dawg
               
              Join Date: Apr 2012
              Location: Philippines
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 857
              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
              Are you using MS paint to insert tiles (I use XP, cuz we gud liek dat yo)? If you're not I think you should. Another thing you can do is what Fuji suggested, and work from a back up. Though if you have the desired tile set (and the colors are compatible i.e RGB# is a multiple of 8), then you can simply open the palette editor and change the colors to match and insert (shouldn't take more than 10 mins). Also, make sure advance map is the most recent version :)
              I am using XP I just have windows 7 theme...

              I already did that but it still the same when loading a tileset... :/ No, I inserted the tileset but it looks monocolored but when I open the pallete editor it's the pallete that I wanted... :/

              I am using 95 but I thought to myself maybe it's because there are many bugs with 95 but when I tried it in 92 it's still the same.
              __________________
                #23634    
              Old January 27th, 2013 (3:05 PM). Edited January 27th, 2013 by FBI.
              FBI's Avatar
              FBI FBI is offline
              Free supporter
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2013
              Location: Unknown Island
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,700
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
              I am using XP I just have windows 7 theme...

              I already did that but it still the same when loading a tileset... :/ No, I inserted the tileset but it looks monocolored but when I open the pallete editor it's the pallete that I wanted... :/

              I am using 95 but I thought to myself maybe it's because there are many bugs with 95 but when I tried it in 92 it's still the same.
              Do you have a 16 color version of what's coming up as all green in A-Map? And have you tried inserting them onto a clean ROM then patching it over? If you're doing something wrong with inserting it, shouldn't insert properly on the clean ROM. If it does insert onto the clean ROM just patch it on the ROM you're working on



              EDIT:
              Time for me to pose a question. How do I do this:

              Maybe with the down arrow too? I'm asking for FireRed. This screenshot is from Foullump's White Version.

              EDIT2:

              Quote:
              You would have to use hex.
              Up = [F7]
              Down = [F8]
              Left = [F9]
              Right = [EF]
              Is there no way to do it in the script editor?

              EDIT3:

              Welp, I ended up figuring it out. If you're interested:
              Spoiler:

              Here they are for PKSV:
              \h79 - Up
              \h7A - Down
              \h7b - Left
              \h7c - Right

              For XSE it's simply just square brackets and a capital letter. Hope that helps
              __________________
              ...
                #23635    
              Old January 27th, 2013 (6:42 PM).
              Strawberry Mint's Avatar
              Strawberry Mint Strawberry Mint is offline
              Cute Trainer
                 
                Join Date: May 2011
                Location: British Columbia, Canada
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 4
                I'm making a Gold hack, and I want to remove the guide gent from cherrygrove city. I can do that just fine, that's not the problem. However, he gives the player the map card, which is kind of important. How can I make sure the map card is pre-installed as soon as you obtain the pokegear?
                __________________
                  #23636    
                Old January 28th, 2013 (12:59 AM).
                miksy91's Avatar
                miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: A small country in the North
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 1,435
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Strawberry Mint View Post
                  I'm making a Gold hack, and I want to remove the guide gent from cherrygrove city. I can do that just fine, that's not the problem. However, he gives the player the map card, which is kind of important. How can I make sure the map card is pre-installed as soon as you obtain the pokegear?
                  You're going to have to change the script ran in the downstairs of your house so that map card is being "installed" at the same time when the script is run.

                  In other words, download PKSV and decompile the script at 0x18164F. There, you've to make the script "setbit2 0x1".

                  You could for example do the following:
                  Change that "2call 0x56C7" to "2call 0x7FF0". Next replace

                  Code:
                  #org 0x1816C7
                  '-----------------------------------
                  jumpstd 0x29
                  WITH

                  Code:
                  #org 0x183FF0
                  '-----------------------------------
                  setbit2 0x1
                  jumpstd 0x29
                  __________________
                  My Rom Hack



                  Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                  CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                  Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                  Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                  -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                    #23637    
                  Old January 28th, 2013 (1:44 AM).
                  Flame999's Avatar
                  Flame999 Flame999 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                    Location: Lavaridge Town
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 103
                    heeelp i can't figure out how i make a trainer fade after you beat them
                      #23638    
                    Old January 28th, 2013 (2:59 AM).
                    FBI's Avatar
                    FBI FBI is offline
                    Free supporter
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Location: Unknown Island
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1,700
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
                    heeelp i can't figure out how i make a trainer fade after you beat them
                    Fade? You mean like disappear?

                    It's disappear 0xPersonEventNumber
                    set a flag after that if you want it to be permanent (and change the person ID on A-map to that flag #)
                    __________________
                    ...
                      #23639    
                    Old January 28th, 2013 (3:18 AM).
                    stocko's Avatar
                    stocko stocko is offline
                    Toast Engineer
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2011
                      Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 38
                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
                      So, I've got a few questions here, any help is appreciated

                      1. I'm attempting to change the pokemon logo on the title screen of emerald. The image goes across fine but the palette I'm changing in APE does not seem to do anything. I'm using this offset in APE 00DDE258, does anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

                      2. I was wondering whether it would be possible to make it that rather than having a choice of boy/girl in the beginning of the game whether it would work to have it so you have multiple characters to choose from? Or is there a script function to change the characters OW? or does it require ASM?

                      Thanks
                      __________________
                      Just chillen :D

                      I support these hacks
                        #23640    
                      Old January 28th, 2013 (5:28 AM).
                      ~Anbuja's Avatar
                      ~Anbuja ~Anbuja is offline
                      Let's Keep It Simple
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2010
                        Location: In Snorlax Stomach
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 321
                        Well i wouldn't ask without searchign first but, the answer didn't help me 100%

                        After i tried to resize a map in A-map 1.95 Im getting this "Invalid pointer to map header" error.
                        S
                        earched if someone else had this problem before and giradialkia did, and they told him to re-download a new version of A-map, did that but im still getting this error.

                        I hope theres a solution to his or im screwed

                        Or if someone can PM me his A-map version if that is allowed and possible.
                        __________________
                          #23641    
                        Old January 28th, 2013 (8:00 AM).
                        FBI's Avatar
                        FBI FBI is offline
                        Free supporter
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2013
                        Location: Unknown Island
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,700
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
                        Well i wouldn't ask without searchign first but, the answer didn't help me 100%

                        After i tried to resize a map in A-map 1.95 Im getting this "Invalid pointer to map header" error.
                        S
                        earched if someone else had this problem before and giradialkia did, and they told him to re-download a new version of A-map, did that but im still getting this error.

                        I hope theres a solution to his or im screwed

                        Or if someone can PM me his A-map version if that is allowed and possible.
                        Yeah, I just use Amap 1.92 for mapping and 1.91 for inserting maps. I haven't downloaded the new version yet, but I've never had any errors using those two. "Invalid pointer to map header" -- What is your map header? Change it to the default in FireRed/whatever rom you're using. See if that fixes it.
                        __________________
                        ...
                          #23642    
                        Old January 28th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
                        ~Anbuja's Avatar
                        ~Anbuja ~Anbuja is offline
                        Let's Keep It Simple
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2010
                          Location: In Snorlax Stomach
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 321
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                          "Invalid pointer to map header" -- What is your map header? Change it to the default in FireRed/whatever rom you're using. See if that fixes it.
                          Unfurtunately my A-map doesn't let me have acess on that certain map anymore(which is pallett town), since it gives me that error and no map shows up anymore

                          Well I was thinking if i could skip that map entirely and don't use it, or even delete it entirely and create a new map on some other free space, idk if that could be a solution?

                          Thanks for the reply though :>
                          __________________
                            #23643    
                          Old January 28th, 2013 (11:55 AM).
                          karatekid552's Avatar
                          karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                          What happens if I push it?....
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2012
                            Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 1,766
                            Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by stocko View Post
                            So, I've got a few questions here, any help is appreciated

                            1. I'm attempting to change the pokemon logo on the title screen of emerald. The image goes across fine but the palette I'm changing in APE does not seem to do anything. I'm using this offset in APE 00DDE258, does anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

                            2. I was wondering whether it would be possible to make it that rather than having a choice of boy/girl in the beginning of the game whether it would work to have it so you have multiple characters to choose from? Or is there a script function to change the characters OW? or does it require ASM?

                            Thanks
                            1. I searched using the Pallet editor in VBA on my BPEE rom and found the offset of the Rayquaza's pallet in the title screen to be 0x00DDE418 and the pallet for the glow on its body to be at 0x00D8BA54.

                            2. You can change the character in FireRed using JPAN's hacked engine. To make the change at the beginning in the selection area will require ASM or a very, very fancy script with lots of variables and picture boxes.

                            Look in the spoiler for a past post on removing the intro. From their, if you know what flags and stuff to write, you could try writing your own ASM or script to make it work:
                            Spoiler:

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
                            So, I got this idea for my game that I really want to do, but I'm not sure how, or if I even can, but would it be possible to have gameplay before the actual intro of the game? This is what im thinking of doing: The game starts right away, youre playing as a little boy, you do a small pre mission kinda deal, then it fast forwards to the present, and thats where the game starts, you tell the prof your name, and so on. Because my character will be living in pallet town and I want to show some background like where he was before then, because i want it to make sense as to why hes there now. How could I do this? And how difficult would it be if possible?

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by wwmb View Post
                            __________________

                            Paired with Simba
                              #23644    
                            Old January 28th, 2013 (1:56 PM).
                            FBI's Avatar
                            FBI FBI is offline
                            Free supporter
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2013
                            Location: Unknown Island
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 1,700
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
                            Unfurtunately my A-map doesn't let me have acess on that certain map anymore(which is pallett town), since it gives me that error and no map shows up anymore

                            Well I was thinking if i could skip that map entirely and don't use it, or even delete it entirely and create a new map on some other free space, idk if that could be a solution?

                            Thanks for the reply though :>
                            I wouldn't ignore it, it could come back and mess things up in future (what if it happens to other maps?). Try HackMew's patching method (in his tutorial thread). That thing has never failed me lol.
                            __________________
                            ...
                              #23645    
                            Old January 28th, 2013 (2:13 PM).
                            Flame999's Avatar
                            Flame999 Flame999 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                              Location: Lavaridge Town
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 103
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                              Fade? You mean like disappear?

                              It's disappear 0xPersonEventNumber
                              set a flag after that if you want it to be permanent (and change the person ID on A-map to that flag #)
                              Yes disappear like the rocket grunt after you help bill in fire red and i'm using pksv by the way and this is my script

                              '-----------------------
                              #org 0x740001
                              trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x8740018 0x8740051
                              msgbox 0x8740069 '"I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn C..."
                              callstd 0x6
                              end


                              '---------
                              ' Strings
                              '---------
                              #org 0x740018
                              = I hope you're ready to end all battles cause here I come

                              #org 0x740051
                              = You were ready afterall

                              #org 0x740069
                              = I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn Champion

                              When i put disappear 0x1 or whatever after callstd 0x6 it says Unknown keyword "disappear" at line 6 what do I do I have no clue what to do? if you can help thanks
                                #23646    
                              Old January 28th, 2013 (2:31 PM).
                              karatekid552's Avatar
                              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                              What happens if I push it?....
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2012
                                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 1,766
                                Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
                                Yes disappear like the rocket grunt after you help bill in fire red and i'm using pksv by the way and this is my script

                                '-----------------------
                                #org 0x740001
                                trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x8740018 0x8740051
                                msgbox 0x8740069 '"I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn C..."
                                callstd 0x6
                                end


                                '---------
                                ' Strings
                                '---------
                                #org 0x740018
                                = I hope you're ready to end all battles cause here I come

                                #org 0x740051
                                = You were ready afterall

                                #org 0x740069
                                = I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn Champion

                                When i put disappear 0x1 or whatever after callstd 0x6 it says Unknown keyword "disappear" at line 6 what do I do I have no clue what to do? if you can help thanks
                                "Disappear" is PKSVUI talk for "hidesprite" in XSE. It is the same command (in terms of hex numbers) just different names.

                                If you want him to stay gone, make sure you set it up like this:

                                fadescreen 0x____
                                hidesprite 0x______
                                setflag 0xflag#
                                fadescreen 0x_____

                                Then, take the flag# and set it as the Person I.D. in A-map.
                                __________________

                                Paired with Simba
                                  #23647    
                                Old January 28th, 2013 (2:31 PM). Edited January 28th, 2013 by FBI.
                                FBI's Avatar
                                FBI FBI is offline
                                Free supporter
                                • Silver Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2013
                                Location: Unknown Island
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1,700
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
                                Yes disappear like the rocket grunt after you help bill in fire red and i'm using pksv by the way and this is my script

                                '-----------------------
                                #org 0x740001
                                trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x8740018 0x8740051
                                msgbox 0x8740069 '"I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn C..."
                                callstd 0x6
                                end


                                '---------
                                ' Strings
                                '---------
                                #org 0x740018
                                = I hope you're ready to end all battles cause here I come

                                #org 0x740051
                                = You were ready afterall

                                #org 0x740069
                                = I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn Champion

                                When i put disappear 0x1 or whatever after callstd 0x6 it says Unknown keyword "disappear" at line 6 what do I do I have no clue what to do? if you can help thanks
                                For this, you want him to disappear as fast as you finish talking to him? If that's the case you need to add the line:
                                disappear LASTTALKED
                                after the callstd, then set a flag to keep him disappeared. Make sure you change his Person ID
                                to whatever flag you used (found in A-Map).

                                EDIT:
                                Try it out yourself first. If it doesn't work look at this as reference:
                                Spoiler:

                                #dyn 0x740000
                                #org @start
                                trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 @begin @defeat
                                msgbox @afterwards
                                callstd MSG_NORMAL
                                disappear LASTTALKED
                                setflag 0x560
                                release
                                end

                                'I'm too lazy to add newline charachters, you get the idea

                                #org @begin
                                = I hope you're ready to end all battles cause here I come

                                #org @defeat
                                = You were ready afterall

                                #org @afterwards
                                = I came from Kanto to test a Hoenn Champion.
                                __________________
                                ...
                                  #23648    
                                Old January 29th, 2013 (12:42 AM).
                                stocko's Avatar
                                stocko stocko is offline
                                Toast Engineer
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 38
                                  Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                  1. I searched using the Pallet editor in VBA on my BPEE rom and found the offset of the Rayquaza's pallet in the title screen to be 0x00DDE418 and the pallet for the glow on its body to be at 0x00D8BA54.

                                  2. You can change the character in FireRed using JPAN's hacked engine. To make the change at the beginning in the selection area will require ASM or a very, very fancy script with lots of variables and picture boxes.

                                  Look in the spoiler for a past post on removing the intro. From their, if you know what flags and stuff to write, you could try writing your own ASM or script to make it work:
                                  Spoiler:




                                  For the answer to question one I think you may have been confused. I was after the actual Pokemon logo's palette if it was the incorrect palette I was using. If not, any suggestions as to why the palette was not changing correctly. But thanks for the answer nonetheless

                                  Thanks heaps for question 2's answer, I think you might be sending me along the right track there. I'll look into it further and come up with some more ideas

                                  Thanks a lot for your answers.
                                  __________________
                                  Just chillen :D

                                  I support these hacks
                                    #23649    
                                  Old January 29th, 2013 (9:10 AM).
                                  Andrut's Avatar
                                  Andrut Andrut is offline
                                  Collecting dust since 1898
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2009
                                    Location: Warsaw, Poland
                                    Age: 18
                                    Posts: 286
                                    Is it possible to implement Emerald style double battles in Fire Red?
                                    __________________
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by anonymous
                                    Florges
                                    It's a forest guardian that pities how bad a type Grass is, so it gets moves to help out Grass-types, but is smart enough not to be Grass-type itself. The appearance is simply mimicry to hide from humans.
                                      #23650    
                                    Old January 29th, 2013 (12:00 PM).
                                    karatekid552's Avatar
                                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                    What happens if I push it?....
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 1,766
                                      Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by xoax View Post
                                      Is it possible to implement Emerald style double battles in Fire Red?
                                      Anything can be done. However, it would require an exteme amount of ASM knowledge and understanding of how to break apart everything and isolate the routines you need. For anyone without a "masters degree" in rom hacking, yeah, it's impossible. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
                                      __________________

                                      Paired with Simba
                                      Closed Thread
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:15 PM.