The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Resources
Help With Fixing Tileset Transparency (Also free tileset)

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 28th, 2013 (12:53 AM). Edited February 1st, 2013 by Dylanrockin.
Dylanrockin's Avatar
Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
That guy
     
    Join Date: May 2011
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 277
    Yeah, I kind forgot to fix the transparency of this super tileset, and I would appreciate any and all help with fixing it. For those who are just gonna download this tileset, be warned that it has white space in the image and wont look good without fixing the transparency, but for those who do wanna help, anyone can use this and have a super tileset for their game.

    Credits for the tiles in this tileset: So that moderators don't yell at me for credits. ;P
    BoOmxBiG
    WesleyFG
    =zerudez
    UltimoSpriter
    0NegaXFMP0
    Heavy-Metal-Lover
    TyranitarDark
    Alucus, Alistair, Calis projects and/or Kyledove
    UltimoSpriter
    Rossay
    Alstair and PHO
    Rayquaza
    zetavares852
    robie392

    Download Link:
    Spoiler:
    Attached Thumbnails
    Super Tileset.png‎   MvHnykl (1).png‎  
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old January 28th, 2013 (4:40 AM).
    WinterKirby's Avatar
    WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Age: 5
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Mild
      Posts: 152
      Umm, your link doesn't work.
      __________________
      X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old January 28th, 2013 (8:14 AM).
      macrpg's Avatar
      macrpg macrpg is offline
         
        Join Date: Jan 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 12
        Same thing here, this is a link or an attached Image?
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old January 28th, 2013 (9:44 AM).
        Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
        Yamiidenryuu Yamiidenryuu is offline
           
          Join Date: Oct 2011
          Posts: 185
          According to the quote function, the link doesn't work because there is no link. The spoiler tags are completely empty. Too bad, I woulda loved another free tileset to play around with.
          __________________

          Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old January 28th, 2013 (11:01 AM).
          WinterKirby's Avatar
          WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Age: 5
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 152
            It's supposed to be an attached image, but he didn't attach anything.
            __________________
            X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old January 28th, 2013 (3:12 PM).
            Dylanrockin's Avatar
            Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
            That guy
               
              Join Date: May 2011
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 277
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by WinterKirby View Post
              It's supposed to be an attached image, but he didn't attach anything.
              The image is there look to your far left, it's very tall, and very thin it is there you just need to look and yes it is free but useless unless you fix all the white space into transparency.
              Reply With Quote
                #7    
              Old January 28th, 2013 (3:35 PM).
              WinterKirby's Avatar
              WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Age: 5
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Mild
                Posts: 152
                That's it?

                It took me five seconds.

                Spoiler:


                __________________
                X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

                Reply With Quote
                  #8    
                Old January 28th, 2013 (3:56 PM).
                Dylanrockin's Avatar
                Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                That guy
                   
                  Join Date: May 2011
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 277
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by WinterKirby View Post
                  That's it?

                  It took me five seconds.

                  Spoiler:


                  Yup, but in it's current state it's practically unusable and that isn't even the full tileset I'm still adding more, but for now I just need someone to help me with fixing the transparency because I messed up and forgot to do it ahead of time.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #9    
                  Old January 28th, 2013 (4:28 PM).
                  WinterKirby's Avatar
                  WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Age: 5
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Mild
                    Posts: 152
                    Well it's transparent now.
                    __________________
                    X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

                    Reply With Quote
                      #10    
                    Old January 28th, 2013 (5:06 PM).
                    Conan Edogawa's Avatar
                    Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
                    One Truth Prevails
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Massachusetts
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 1,061
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                      Yup, but in it's current state it's practically unusable and that isn't even the full tileset I'm still adding more, but for now I just need someone to help me with fixing the transparency because I messed up and forgot to do it ahead of time.
                      You can set the transparency in RMXP. Your real issue is the resizing you've done on some tiles. Some of the buildings look like they were stretched, which isn't very attractive.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #11    
                      Old January 28th, 2013 (5:10 PM).
                      ppooookkkkkkk ppooookkkkkkk is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: May 2012
                        Location: Newbud town (Pokemon Morning/Night)
                        Age: 16
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 229
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                        Yup, but in it's current state it's practically unusable and that isn't even the full tileset I'm still adding more, but for now I just need someone to help me with fixing the transparency because I messed up and forgot to do it ahead of time.
                        Just need to tell you, don't use mspaint to add tiles. It removes all transparency.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #12    
                        Old January 28th, 2013 (5:33 PM).
                        Dylanrockin's Avatar
                        Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                        That guy
                           
                          Join Date: May 2011
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Timid
                          Posts: 277
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ppooookkkkkkk View Post
                          Just need to tell you, don't use mspaint to add tiles. It removes all transparency.
                          Yeah I figured that and face-palmed.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #13    
                          Old January 28th, 2013 (5:35 PM).
                          carmaniac's Avatar
                          carmaniac carmaniac is offline
                          Where the pickle surprise at?
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2009
                            Location: England
                            Age: 22
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 682
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                            The image is there look to your far left, it's very tall, and very thin it is there you just need to look and yes it is free but useless unless you fix all the white space into transparency.
                            Image is only there because you added it back in, we can see when you edited the post XD. Quick way to set up transparency, download paint.net, open it up, open up the file, click on the bucket fill tool, set transparency, hold shift and left click the colour you want to be transparent.
                            __________________

                            Pokémon: Lost Souls.







                            Developed by Carmaniac.


                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                            My balls seem to be fine.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #14    
                            Old January 29th, 2013 (12:55 AM). Edited January 29th, 2013 by Dylanrockin.
                            Dylanrockin's Avatar
                            Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                            That guy
                               
                              Join Date: May 2011
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 277
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
                              Image is only there because you added it back in, we can see when you edited the post XD. Quick way to set up transparency, download paint.net, open it up, open up the file, click on the bucket fill tool, set transparency, hold shift and left click the colour you want to be transparent.
                              Shhh, your killing my cover ! I figured that, but when I used paint.net, I used the magic wand, then pasted my image in, and it didn't do anything. Then I had to resort to fixing the transparency of every white space individually which annoyed me, because some tiles were overwritten with transparency for some reason. Also where on Paint.net can I "set transparency" with the bucket fill tool?
                              Reply With Quote
                                #15    
                              Old January 29th, 2013 (7:13 AM).
                              WinterKirby's Avatar
                              WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2012
                                Age: 5
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Mild
                                Posts: 152
                                I used the "Select by Color" in GIMP, and turned the threshold to 0 so it would only select the one shade of white. Then I deleted it and BAM. Transparent.
                                __________________
                                X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

                                Reply With Quote
                                  #16    
                                Old January 29th, 2013 (7:33 AM).
                                carmaniac's Avatar
                                carmaniac carmaniac is offline
                                Where the pickle surprise at?
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Location: England
                                  Age: 22
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 682
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                                  Shhh, your killing my cover ! I figured that, but when I used paint.net, I used the magic wand, then pasted my image in, and it didn't do anything. Then I had to resort to fixing the transparency of every white space individually which annoyed me, because some tiles were overwritten with transparency for some reason. Also where on Paint.net can I "set transparency" with the bucket fill tool?
                                  Near the bar that says tolerance, there's a flask that is filled in green, click it, it goes transparent Also, set the tolerance to 0. A wise tip to do, if you're ever using ms paint to resize anything, I'd suggest for you to go into something like paint.net, set the background layer as a colour you wont use for the transparency, and make a new layer for the tileset, then you can click merge layer and it will have a background colour for you, allowing you to paste it in ms paint for resizing without the worry of having to set up a colour for transparency in RMXP.
                                  __________________

                                  Pokémon: Lost Souls.







                                  Developed by Carmaniac.


                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                  My balls seem to be fine.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #17    
                                  Old February 1st, 2013 (7:40 PM).
                                  Dylanrockin's Avatar
                                  Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                                  That guy
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2011
                                    Age: 21
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 277
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
                                    Near the bar that says tolerance, there's a flask that is filled in green, click it, it goes transparent Also, set the tolerance to 0. A wise tip to do, if you're ever using ms paint to resize anything, I'd suggest for you to go into something like paint.net, set the background layer as a colour you wont use for the transparency, and make a new layer for the tileset, then you can click merge layer and it will have a background colour for you, allowing you to paste it in ms paint for resizing without the worry of having to set up a colour for transparency in RMXP.
                                    Hmm... how odd, I tried all that, and then loaded it in RMXP and there is still transparency issues, most odd. I set the tolerance to 0%, I clicked the green flask to "overwrite," and then I selected a white color from the color picker and used that, then I filled in the first layer, after that I inserted my image as a separate layer and merged the two together and did not do anything, the white is still white and not the transparent black and whiteish kinda look when you do make it transparent for the background.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #18    
                                    Old February 1st, 2013 (8:38 PM).
                                    WinterKirby's Avatar
                                    WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                                      Age: 5
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Mild
                                      Posts: 152
                                      You could just import the one I did for you. It's already transparent.

                                      Nothing complicated at all. Just put the image in /Graphics/Tilesets, then go into RMXP and set the passability and terrain tags and stuff.
                                      __________________
                                      X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #19    
                                      Old February 1st, 2013 (9:07 PM). Edited February 1st, 2013 by Dylanrockin.
                                      Dylanrockin's Avatar
                                      Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                                      That guy
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2011
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Timid
                                        Posts: 277
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by WinterKirby View Post
                                        You could just import the one I did for you. It's already transparent.

                                        Nothing complicated at all. Just put the image in /Graphics/Tilesets, then go into RMXP and set the passability and terrain tags and stuff.
                                        Oh... well that's awfully nice of you, thank you. Also if I want to edit the file once again the transparency disappears and paint.net does not have a good zoom function so I was wondering what program I can use as a substitute for MSPaint because MSpaint does not keep transparency.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #20    
                                        Old February 2nd, 2013 (4:33 AM).
                                        WinterKirby's Avatar
                                        WinterKirby WinterKirby is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2012
                                          Age: 5
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Mild
                                          Posts: 152
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by WinterKirby View Post
                                          That's it?

                                          It took me five seconds.

                                          Spoiler:


                                          I use GIMP.
                                          __________________
                                          X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

                                          Reply With Quote
                                          Reply
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:58 AM.