• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen The Capital of Hoenn

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Of all the settlements in the Hoenn region, which do you think is (or would make the best) Capital? Which of the settlements would actually be viable as capitals? Why?
And remember, capitals aren't always the biggest cities. Canberra (the capital of Australia) is way smaller than Sydney and Melbourne).

Years
While I believe that Rustboro and Lilycove could make decent capitals due to the size and population of them, I actually think that Mauville might be the best choice to be Hoenn's capital city. It's the closest city to the center of the region, which would make it an easier access point from all sides (rather than someone from say Littleroot or Petalburg trying to get to Lilycove). It also has a bit of an economy going in the games with both Rydel's bike shop and the Game Corner.

The only other option I can think of is Ever Grande City, as the Pokemon League area would make sense as controlling the region. Contradicting it's name though, it isn't much of a city, and with it being located away from the majority of the region on an island, I don't think it would be the smartest location for a capital.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Definitely my fictional city at the end of Route 111 Lilycove. The shipping empire is huge and has been for hundreds of years, and just look at all the greatest cities of the world that were based at the water's edge. (Think Rome, Constantinople, NYC, Singapore, Alexandria, and Honolulu)

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
Cities don't need to be in the center of a region to be its capital. Take for example London or Washington DC; two metropolises which are nowhere near the center of their respective nations.

However, I do agree Mauville is best as a capital thanks to its economy and can be serviced easily by nearby Slateport city. And if Mauville cannot be Hoenn's administrative capital it can at least be its financial capital, though I guess Lilycove might give it a run for its money.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'd say Lilycove, I know that Vaporeon7 said that size doesn't matter but if it did Lilycove is the biggest city, it's near the shore and since Hoenn is mostly water it tends to help, it's also close to the Pokemon League, It hosts contests (In Emerald, it's the only place that hosts contests xD), It has the department store and the Gallery.

SoliderOfMisfortune

Master in the making.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I think Mauville has an edge when it comes to the underground section.... In time of crisis they could have a way out. That's my opinion. Also economically Lilycove would be pretty well off with all of the attractions.

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
I think it's Lilycove without a doubt. I just think that with everything being there (giant mart, contest hall, evil people base, the museum, the harbor) there's just so much going for it in terms of social, political, and economic advantages. It's obviously a major shopping center of the region, it has the harbor for imports, it has the history aspect with the museum. Yeah there's no gym to attract people, but there's the Master contest hall. I just feel like it's the ideal manifestation of a capital city.

If I had to choose a runner-up, probably Mossdeep. Idk why, I just feel like it'd make a good capital city. For all we know, that "space center" is actually a national defense base where weapons of mass destruction are being made for defense against the other regions. Or maybe it is a space station, but also a missile launch pad in case of warfare with other regions. If that's the case, I'd want Mossdeep to be the capital because it'd be the last to fall in warfare and at least then they'd have their weapons base until the end.

....I've taken this WAY too far just to make up a case as to why Mossdeep is awesome....

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Haha guys. Where does the president of Hoenn stay? That one who says to you search for Steven. Where? In Rustboro so It's basically Rustboro. BUT in my opinion, it would be Lilycove. Hoenn is a region with so much water, and Lilycove is just like a city island!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
He's not the president of Hoenn, just of Devon Corporation! In my opinion Lilycove would definitely be the capitol of the region. It's not secluded by woods/caves like Rustboro and honestly Mauville just isn't jumping out to me as a "major" city. Lilycove has the population, the ports, the tourist attractions and the access from all directions that just scream Capitol to me.

Years
Tbh I think that if I lived in Mauville city I would probably want to leave the place. The Game Corner may be good towards the city economy, but it could also attract gamblers, drug addicts etc wow I'm really getting into this.

Lilycove City could indeed be the most important city along with Rustboro. Mosdeep City is just a city imo. Slateport is like a seaside resort kind of place, and a big one at that. Sootopolis City is the most isolated of all the cities.

Who is for Fortree being the capital?

blue

gucci
Years
Mauville City seems to be at the heart of it all for me, it's a great little city and I can see it as a Capital for Hoenn.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My vote goes to Rustboro. It's where the Devon corporation is and the school. Just cause it isn't the biggest city doesn't mean it can't be the capital.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I kinda see Mauville as the Las Vegas of the region, not the capital. Similarly, I see Lilycove as the San Francisco of the region. As for the actual capital, my vote goes to Rustboro.

Years
I say Rustboro, just because of how it looks. All the buildings look so official and boring and there are actual walkway, instead of everyone walking on grass. So thats my guess.

Qwert0s

Trawler of Webs
Years
I vote that it be in Fortree. That is where the Gym Leaders convened to discuss matters of great importance in Pokemon Adventures Ruby and Sapphire.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Rustboro. It seems so urban compared to the other cities. I know being urban doesn't matter, but I see that the government would be most likely work somewhere urban? :x

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Rustboro, because of the trainer school and the Devon Corporation. Additionally, there is a gym over there.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I think it could be either Mauville or Lilycove. Mauville is at the center, which is where a lot of capitals are located in, but it doesn't really have much outside of a game corner and a gym. Lilycove makes more sense because of it's size and because it's got the Dept. store and the pokemon contest.

Rustboro and Slateport also make sense to me just because of their size.

Back