• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Wild double, triple and rotational battles?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It'd be interesting to encounter certain pokemon in a -gang- rather than singular or double. I mean, some pokemon live in packs or groups, like Durant and Beedrill, so I hope that they can implement a system that you can encounter groups of certain pokemon like those~! It doesn't have to be for like, every single route and for every single pokemon.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I find myself agreeing with what other people in the thread have said. Triple battles in the wild could work, because you might encounter certain Pokémon in a pack, herd or flock and then it seems reasonable that they would attack you together. But rotation battles are too structured - Pokémon probably aren't gonna behave like that without instruction.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Personally for me I think doubles is enough. While triples and rotationals can work for actual in-game trainer battling, I just don't think wild Pokemon are in sync enough to be able to perform the latter successfully, and triples just seems like way too much to randomly find. Plus it's already annoying not being able to capture both Pokemon in doubles and making it one more EXTRA would make me sad. :(

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I hope rotational battles go away and never come back. I can't stand them.

Doubles and Triples are fine though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The only thing I'd like to see a comeback of is wild double battles. Wild triple/rotation battles seem to be pushing it, IMO.

Back