• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen The Capital of Hoenn

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I choose Slateport. Its got a nice marketplace, and is a nice port town, which seems to be a trait most capital cities possess, or at least that's what I've noticed. There's also a nice museum and other attractions as well, in addition to being a quite large city.

Evey

Female Red
Years
I wonder why people keep saying Lilycove? Its a nice town and all but...it just doesn't have that capital aire to it. Though it does have some cool stuff. Slateport or Maville would be better probably because they are in the center of the largest part of the region, have trade areas, shops, ships, beaches, Pokemon contest, muesems, attractions, and Maville is right near it. Together those two could be capitals together since they are so close. But Rustboro is kind-of located in a not-so convenient area and only has Trainer School and Devon Corporation. Nothing compared to some of the other cities. Mossdeap seams kinda out there though, more of a relaxing scientific area then a capital. Sootopolis is cool but devinatly too ancient and sucluded to be a capitol.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I'd say either Slateport (the hustle and bustle, the museum, the location, the BIG F****N' PORT).

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
Rusturbo without a doubt. A lot of people are saying Lilycove because of the Master Contest Hall and the Department Store but Rusturbo has the Devon Corporation and the city just seams fitting for a capitol.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I'm going to go about this logically.

In Gen I, I would think it would be Saffron, because it has that feeling of grandeur about it.

In Gen II, I would think it would be Goldenrod, because of economic reasons and the above sense of grandeur.

Gen IV, I would say Hearthome because of the feelings of grandeur.

Gen V, I feel like Opelucid, because of the feelings of grandeur and history.

Logically, I would say Rustboro because of the grand feel about the place.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Mauvile City has the right feel of a capital city for me. A good capital city should be accessible to and from anywhere you go in the region, and Mauvile has roads leading north, south, east and west, thus fitting this criteria perfectly - the centre hub of activity! The cycling road to the south provides quick transportation with the availability of the bike shop that rents bicycles for free, thus making it easier to travel everywhere else! It also has a game corner which can be a big attraction for people coming from all four directions - exactly what a capital city needs.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Overall, it looks like Lilycove if you want big, Mauvile if you want accessability, and Rostrobo because it looks like it. What I think is Mauvile as well, although it could use some help with bigger buildings and I never thought of it as a city that the game claims it to be, it would work well, being near the center and having the Game Corner helps out with that. It seems like a prime location for a good capital, albeit a bit small.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It'll always be Lilycove for me! The city has an obvious feel of greatness to it as well as having many major connections, great docking access and generally being a very impressive and well built-up area. The department store and Master Contest hall are great indications that the city is the perfect candidate to be the "capital city" of Hoenn, so it gets my vote.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i think its lilycove because its big, has a department store and museum and also has a port that can take you to either the battle tower or slateport city. so it seems like the most things to do are there and that's why i think its lilycove. oh and also gamefreak stay there in a motel.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Lilycove will be the capital for me. I think it's much bigger than Rustboro and it as a Pokemon Contest building, a supermarket I don't what it is called :3, Museum, and a Hotel. :3

Plus it's very near to the ocean and has a port of it's own.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I believe that Lilycove City would be the best capital settlement for the Hoenn region just because it's so diverse. It has virtually everything that would make a real-life city function very well, including a contest hall, motel, harbor, large department store, and a museum. It definitely benefits Hoenn because it's right near the ocean and it has all of what I stated above, therefore really aiding in keeping the Hoenn economy running smoothly.

Other than Lilycove, I think that Slateport City would make a good capital city for the similar reasons stated above.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
I think all Pokémon Leagues or Conference HQs should be the capital and Champions should have all political power in the region, therefor, Evergrande City

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
The largest city, which is supposed to be Rustiboro or Lilycove. They're tied in my view.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I would say its between Rustboro, Mauville, Slateport and Lilycove.

All four are coastal (Mauville more like London, being by the end of a river). Slateport with its market and shipping comes across as a former economic powerhouse which has reversed a decline by becoming touristy. Lilycove and Rustboro both come across as fairly booming (Devon Corp, Department Store, Gym, Contest etc.), and if there were a capital I would say it would probably be one of them.

But ideally I'd say Mauville City would make the best capital, mainly due to its central location (the UK for example has problems with infrastructure etc. due to London being at one end of the country. The geographic centre is a small rural town). It also has a gym and bike shop (Boris' bikes anyone?).

Hope I didn't go to high-level there...

Back