• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

You know Pokemon is trolling you when...

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
The most recent one: volt switch. After crit killing my sweeper for the rest of the gym. My most memorable: Pokemon Stadium. Some trainer spammed sand attack until my accuracy was so low, Surf wouldn't hit. Ever.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
When a certain Alomomola use Toxic to my Pokemon, and use Wish while Protect-ing itself, causing its 'wish' to be granted as HP recovery.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
this website just trolled me went back for no reason after the longest reply ever! >(
my fiirst pokemon game i ever played was ss (it hated me) nidoran female was the only thing i encountered when i wanted male my party was always under leveled the ai's secondary effects always ocerd on me and mine never worked saw five shinies all had explosion metronome was allways splash whilst the ai got judgment and the one-hit-K.O attachs. The only good thing was my typhlosion was female also why did whitneys miltank use stomp on gastly and it hit? game ended up crashing in lavender town and never working again all it did was have a black screen (no seariosly Lavender town) mabye becuase i named my rival POOFACE?

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Using all of your expensive Pokeballs on catching a certain Pokemon, but after using one basic Pokeball you catch it. lol :)

Years
My troll moment was when I started a new game on fire red the other day. I picked a Bulbasaur (male) as my starter, and I couldn't beat my rival's Charmander no matter how I changed my strategy! I tried ten times. So I ended up restarting the game, selecting Bulbasaur again (although this time I lucked out with it being a female), and then beat my rival easily on the first attempt.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
When you're trying to capture Lugia, hp down to a sliver, paralyzed. you start throwing all of the 30 ultra balls and then your 25 great balls, not one wants to work. Then you throw a regular old pokeball and it catches it -_-. All the wasted pokebucks

Then when you're battling trainer from waaaay back in the game with a golbat that confused my gyrados over. and over. and over. and over. Eevery single time it didn't hit the darn thing :(

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I was in a tournament and the only pokemon I had left was my shiny Gigalith in the championship match. I managed to beat 2 of his pokemon to bring out his last pokemon, a Gyarados. Stone edge missed 3 times in a row and I ended up losing the final battle. Even my opponent thought I should've won the battle!

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I'm playing through FR right now, and I have never had such a difficult time catching a Chansey in any Kanto region file, ever. I think I've seen 30 by now, and haven't caught one. I've been in the Safari Zone for days now, I'm going out of my mind!

EDIT: Immediately after posting, encountered a Chansey who fled the second I threw bait. *shakes fist at sky*

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
When your pokemon is way stronger than the enemy, but it dies cause it can't escape from sleep or confusion.

Back