• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new!

Years
Hey everyone!

I'm new here. I joined looking to make some new friends, and pokemon was the best thing I could think of for a common interest! When I'm not studying for all of my college science classes, I'm currently watching the show from the start (currently in orange league) and I just started playing liquid crystal on-line. I'm also debating about buying a 3DS for the new pokemon X and Y, but it's so much money. :(

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hey, BD!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! That's cool that you're taking some science classes! Which ones? I'm a science major. :p

The anime is the best! I have the first four seasons on DVD and I'm also currently trying to get through watching all of the episodes!

You should definitely invest in a 3DS because X & Y look like they're going to be great! I think the original 3DS is much cheaper now than it was back in the day when it was first released, so maybe you could find a good price; nevertheless, it's still expensive. :\

Hope to see you around!

Years
Why hello there and welcome to PC! I'm actually watching Pokemon from the beginning too! (Currently on episode 406 I think?) ohh science sounds neat, hope you do amazing in your school work. I'm in my first year for game programming. :P
We'll it'll be worth it if all the new ideas their adding are good. I'm debating on getting a 3ds too.. Probably should get it though haha. Anyways hope you love it here, if you have any questions or if you would like to talk I'm always here! Hope to see you around. :)

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
Wow that's funny everybody's watching Pokemon from the beginning. lol. I just started watching it too. I'm currently at the Indigo league episode 58. Anyways, welcome bro!

Years
Haha, I'm on epsisode...112, 113ish? Something like that. Ash has his 4 badges from the orange league and a couple more episodes have gone by, too.
Someone in the pokemon league at my school was selling their 3DS + pokemon white + pokemon black2 for $120! I kick myself a little bit everyday for not replying to their advertisement. :(

Good luck with computer programming! I'm in my 3rd year of biology and minor in pharmacology (pharmacy school here I come!) Don't ask my any questions about calc though...I forgot it all. :(

Cid

Years
Hey there ButterfreeDreamer! I'm really digging the username. The mention of Butterfree brings back so many memories from my original anime series-watching, RBY days, so it's really nostalgic. Not to mention the word dreamer, which I find really hopeful and inspirational. Double worded usernames I tend to prefer over single worded ones a lot, although I don't really know why. If I get the chance to change my username, I'll probably change it either to something like that, or a short one like what I have right now. Either would work.

But yes, you are quite new. :) There's nothing wrong with being new of course! Everyone goes through that stage. In fact, I think you type really admirably for a new user. I like that, because it says a lot about you as a person, in my opinion. You joined to make new friends? Well then, congratulations, because you hit the jackpot! ;D PC's a wonderful place to make new friends in. And if you stay active and make your presence felt, then it wouldn't be hard to do just that. Which is really nice, because PC becomes so much cooler when you have people to share fun times with.

It's interesting to hear that you're a biology major though! I'm a physics major myself. And I think science people should come here and stick for each other more often, haha. Plus I hear you're watching the anime from the start? That's gonna take a while for sure! But if you enjoy it so much, then I don't think I should stop you. I'm just gonna sit here and tell you we have the perfect section for fans of the franchise's anime like you, the Pokémon Anime section. :D Oh yeah! Maybe you can count the days that pass in the anime for me? Like we could see how old Ash really is now, I mean we could do the math if you're up to it. :p I'm just kidding. Liquid Crystal is a good hack though, so I hope you're enjoying that. And that you check out more of PC's hacks in Emulation, too! <3

I feel you with your sentiments of X and Y costing a fortune, though. D; We have a forum for that in case you haven't seen it yet, so perhaps that would help in staving off our wanting X and Y for the time being. ;; In any case, I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do! And if you need me for anything, then just hit me up with a VM! I'm friendly enough, I think. c: Welcome aboard!

Years
Well, in real life my favorite animal is a butterfly, and butterfree is about a million times cooler then beutifly. :D Thanks for the compliment in my username! All I know is that it had to include butterfree in it.

Yeah, being a science student plus work plus volunteering has basically drained any social life I use to have and it's hard to find time to go out for more than a hour or so at a time, so internet here I come! :P

Physics major? I have respect for that. I was a chemical engineer major my freshie year, and I had to take what my school calls physics 1 and physics 2 for engineers...let's just say that didn't help my GPA.

I think looking at the X and Y forums would be way too much of a tease. :P I'm just going to stay away, unless I give in one time and buy one. Maybe I can tell myself if I get a good PCAT score this summer I can reward myself with a 3DS. :P I'm just scared that the only game I'll play is pokemon (and maybe a mario game) and that would be it. :( As I said...college = no social life. Or much of a video game life.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Hey Butterfree !
I wish you all the best of luck in your studies !
I too am dreading getting a 3DS and hoping that I don't just put it down after I play the new Pokemon games and a few Mario ones. My last DS shared the same fate until it was broken T_T.
So long I spent without a DS until now and I'm currently playing Pokemon White !
The early anime series is ones I can relate to as it's probably ones filled with memories from childhood. Watching metapod vs metapod ! WHO CAN HARDEN the most ?
Ash acquiring the Haunter to defeat Sabrina !
Then they get rid of Brock for Tracey...BOO ! We want Brock X_X

Have fun posting around the forums and if you need help we're all here for you !

Years
Hey Butterfree !
I wish you all the best of luck in your studies !
I too am dreading getting a 3DS and hoping that I don't just put it down after I play the new Pokemon games and a few Mario ones. My last DS shared the same fate until it was broken T_T.
So long I spent without a DS until now and I'm currently playing Pokemon White !
The early anime series is ones I can relate to as it's probably ones filled with memories from childhood. Watching metapod vs metapod ! WHO CAN HARDEN the most ?
Ash acquiring the Haunter to defeat Sabrina !
Then they get rid of Brock for Tracey...BOO ! We want Brock X_X

Have fun posting around the forums and if you need help we're all here for you !

Thanks! :D
The worst decision they made going from season 1 to season 2 was getting rid of Brock! Being older now, I find all of Brock's....hormone problems....even more hilarious. Those were the best episodes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
hai hai ButterfreeDreamer and welcome to PokeCommunity ^^
The place where apparently every single Pokéfan is watching the anime from the beginning xD
I myself am at episode 440 something xD
There's plenty to do around here, so have fun exploring o.o
if you need someone to talk to or anything, feel free to drop me a VM/PM o.o

Years
Heeey there, welcome! <3 Butterfree is super cute, agreed. I always trained one in R/B/Y and even FR/LG, as hard as it was to use sometimes.

Ooh, good luck with watching the series, it's quite long but still worthwhile to watch. I keep up with it even now, though I skipped some parts of Sinnoh since it wasn't my favorite region. Like others have said, Pokemon Anime will be a great place for you if you want to discuss the show with others, though of course there are plenty of other places around here to get involved in too. :3 Liquid Crystal is one of my favorite hacks, it was soo satisfying to play since ShinyGold was never finished.

Pharmacy major sounds interesting - I had some friends who considered trying that as well. I'd probably have tried for it if my school had that option available but I went down another path! Hopefully school doesn't boggle you down too much; I know it really stresses me out from time to time, but guess that's just something you have to deal with in life. ): I'm a senior but changed my major about a year in, so I still have 1-2 semesters to go before graduating. Would have been just one semester after this one if some of the professors in my department weren't on vacation, ugh.

Anyway, have a blast here on PC and contact me anytime if you like! :D

Back