The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Closed Thread

Old February 6th, 2013 (3:54 AM).
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejirachi123 View Post
what if the leader of the evil team was a rich and respected man or woman. this way it is almost like a mystery and it wouldn't be so oveus like in BW.

P.S. maybe he could even be your ali up until you find out his secret.
Kind of reminds me too much of Pokémon Colosseum tbh.

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 6th, 2013 (7:19 AM).
clout

Nature: Relaxed
I thought Colosseum had a great storyline, so to incorporate a similar scenario into a mainstream handheld Pokemon game would be pretty cool IMO. It could take place after the events that occurred in Colosseum, kind of like a sequel.
Old February 6th, 2013 (8:15 AM). Edited February 6th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
    That was my first empresion after watching the traillor. But I'm pretty sure it will be genetics. Think abou t it, they could make use of the DNA splicers if it is genetics.
    What DNA splicers…? I never noticed them, ever!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
    Exactly. I wonder what the evil team will be like? And what their name is?
    I'm reserving the name of 'Team Vortex' for a fan game that I'm working on but hope to actually publish! I can try, can't I? 'Aeonn' region, here I come!!!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
    Old February 6th, 2013 (8:46 AM). Edited February 6th, 2013 by Guy.
    just a guy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
    What DNA splicers…? I never noticed them, ever!
    The DNA Splicers is a key item found in B2W2. It's what the player uses to merge Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom to form White Kyurem or Black Kyurem. If it's brought back in X and Y, I doubt they'll change its main use for anything more despite the apparent theme in DNA / genetics.
    Old February 6th, 2013 (8:55 AM).
    everything is purple

Although personally I would have preferred the dimensions/coordinates theory; the more and more we go along, the more I learn towards DNA/genetics.

ehh, does anybody know when get more news?
    Old February 6th, 2013 (9:00 AM).
    just a guy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
    Although personally I would have preferred the dimensions/coordinates theory; the more and more we go along, the more I learn towards DNA/genetics.

ehh, does anybody know when get more news?
    Hopefully early next week, around the 12th, new scans from this month's CoroCoro issue will be leaked online. I'm really looking forward to what may be on them this time around!
    Old February 6th, 2013 (9:01 AM).
    everything is purple

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
    Hopefully early next week, around the 12th, new scans from this month's CoroCoro issue will be leaked online. I'm really looking forward to what may be on them this time around!
    Hopefully we see legit new pokemon haha I'm anticipating the rodent/bird families
    Old February 6th, 2013 (9:32 AM).
    used Sacred Fire!

Nature: Bold
    I look forward to the evil team despite what I said on twitter of chances that there might not be an evil team :x

so it's gonna be forever... or it's gonna go down in flames
    Spinoffs Moderator
    Old February 6th, 2013 (9:37 AM).
    used Sacred Fire!

I dunno yet but given how it's been going lately of the changed patterns idk they could just shock is! Nevertheless in BW it was revealed around late August so maybe around then??

Spinoffs Moderator
    Old February 6th, 2013 (10:21 AM).
    everything is purple

hmm, no evil team eh? Interesting concept but what would be the plot then?
    Old February 6th, 2013 (12:09 PM).
    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
      That would make the rivals the main antagonists (as in the literary term not saying they're evil or anything.)
      I'm hoping for more players in this game plot as in more than one team. We could have three evil teams who rule over one third of the region and are fighting one another for the whole. The last team standing could depend on the starter you pick like team X(using letter as place holder) for Froakie, team Y for Fennekin, and Z Green for Chespin.
      Old February 6th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
      I like kitties

Nature: Lax
      I suspect CoroCoro will have the protags and the region, no actually I have no doubt that won't be shown. Something tells me that all 9 months will be used for slow but steady and oh so meaningful info. Something like what is to follow. As a note, 2-3 new Pokemon is a mandatory reveal, and in the end alongside with all of this we shall likely have 30 or so new Pokemon as per previous generations:
      February-New Movie 16 Pokemon, Protag's, and region. These 3 are usually the base info along side the starters, and seeing how starters+legendaries(which are usually June info instead of April/May when it comes to gen 4/5 reveals) have already been given, the only thing left now is the basis.
      March-Pokedex, Pokedevice, Battle changes. After covering the basics to the games when it comes to characters, we start to get into how everything works. The pokedex will get a feature as I suspect a huge reworking of it compared to the limp BW changes outside of the habitat list, the Pokedevice will get a small introduction with basic features outlined. Battle Changes would be whatever the new feature with bonding is, and we might get hints of other changes through screens.
      April-Online bits and pieces, coverage of some sort of spinoff that works with the games.
      May-Evil Team, more bits of the game that have changed, as the roller skates, more info on the bonding feature.
      June-Media Blowout. Not too many things revealed, but thanks to E3 the majority of info will be here.

July,August, September, October will be about covering various characters, Professor, Gym Leaders, Rival, what not. Maybe some more features, but the gist of what changes we will get will all come in the upcoming months instead. Perhaps Battle Tower and such as well in these months.I feel there is much to be revealed compared to previous generations, even DP, and that the 10 month wait is justified by a deluge of info we will get each month, that might not even scratch much of the games surface. And I really hope the region gets revealed this month, it would be the ultimate driving force behind speculation, and could work for them brilliantly.

#328 Trapinch
      Supporter Collab January 2015
      Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 6th, 2013 (2:16 PM).

If they show the region soon I imagine they will cover parts of it like they did with Johto (remakes) and Unova's map as to not reveal everything in the games.
        Old February 6th, 2013 (2:54 PM).

or instead there could be a world cricus that effects everyone. it is like caused by the lkegendaries. so its up to you to say the world.:]

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
          Old February 6th, 2013 (3:19 PM).
          just a guy

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
          If they show the region soon I imagine they will cover parts of it like they did with Johto (remakes) and Unova's map as to not reveal everything in the games.
          Dissecting a new region's map is one of my favorite parts about speculation. There's a lot of discussion and ideas that comes out of it. So I hope they do reveal it in this month's CoroCoro. It would make sense to do so after all. I mean, how can you get hyped about where you're going, if you don't even know where you're going in the first place, right?

Plus, if I recall correctly, the region usually gets revealed early on. So, fingers crossed.
          Old February 6th, 2013 (3:32 PM).
          I like kitties

It indeed does. DP,Pt,HGSS,BW, and B2W2 all have had their region map revealed in the second info month after the first info month. B2W2 is the anomaly, as in that B2W2 was revealed in a weird way, and nothing but art for the mascots was revealed, and as such March was the first info month and April the second. Not to mention XY has given us the starters as well, which usually are revealed cocurrently with the protag's and region.

#328 Trapinch
          Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 6th, 2013 (4:23 PM).
          Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
            Whatever the new map is, I hope travelling through there is not as linear as BW. Which was good, but I'd perfer alternate routes for alternate gym badges (still out of 8)?

Hawthorne Guardian
            Moderator of Video Games
            Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
            Sylvie
            Old February 6th, 2013 (4:46 PM).

I hope there are lots of routes and cities, Unova wasn't as good as Hoenn as Unova had very few towns, cities and routes. They were bigger, but...
            Old February 6th, 2013 (5:01 PM).
            just a guy

Quote:
            Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
            I hope there are lots of routes and cities, Unova wasn't as good as Hoenn as Unova had very few towns, cities and routes. They were bigger, but...
            They were sort of dull and forgettable, right?

Unova was just so straight foward and it lacked the variety to make it a really interesting region altogether. Each town and city didn't seem all that different to me, with the exception of Castelia City. They all just seemed to blend.

You mention Hoenn, which I think is one of the most diversified regions. I loved the different cities and towns like Fortree, Sootopolis, and Pacifidlog. Sure, there was a lot of water routes, but the variety in the locations made up for that in my opinion. This is something I hope we get to see again in the X and Y region. Not towns that look too bland or one big city that got too much attention, but a region that is filled with culture, color, and variety. Plus, a lot of different routes to take us to each of these areas. It's supposedly set in France, but there are a lot of other European countries and cultures they can pull ideas from if they really wanted to.

That's what I'm hoping for.
            Old February 6th, 2013 (5:56 PM).
            used Sacred Fire!

... :(

I found Unova cities unique and I remember all of them very well! For me Hoenn was the forgettable one. XD; I'd hate for it to be completely like Hoenn, because the cities were so boring and tropical and idk, lacking Unova's spark. I'd love to see them designed like Colloseum tbh, and from what we've seen that doesn't seem impossibleee!

Spinoffs Moderator
            Old February 6th, 2013 (5:57 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
            They were sort of dull and forgettable, right?

Unova was just so straight foward and it lacked the variety to make it a really interesting region altogether. Each town and city didn't seem all that different to me, with the exception of Castelia City. They all just seemed to blend.

You mention Hoenn, which I think is one of the most diversified regions. I loved the different cities and towns like Fortree, Sootopolis, and Pacifidlog. Sure, there was a lot of water routes, but the variety in the locations made up for that in my opinion. This is something I hope we get to see again in the X and Y region. Not towns that look too bland or one big city that got too much attention, but a region that is filled with culture, color, and variety. Plus, a lot of different routes to take us to each of these areas. It's supposedly set in France, but there are a lot of other European countries and cultures they can pull ideas from if they really wanted to.

That's what I'm hoping for.
            It's not that I didn't like Unova's cities, I mean I love Castelia, but I think Hoenn was great because almost every city was unique. From the markets and beach of Slateport, the warm relaxing feeling of Lavaridge, the fresh and green feeling of Verdenturf to the nature feeling of Fortree, Hoenn was a smorgasbord of environments to explore. That's what I want, and that is why I think a lot of people want a remake of R/S as well.
            Old February 6th, 2013 (6:32 PM).
            I like kitties

Yeah, I dunno, Unova is Hoenn Deux in terms of variations, and the routes are the best in the series. If we're strictly taking BW Unova its agreeable, but B2W2 Unova is one of the best efforts for a region yet. Not to mention, if anything, Unova is the first region with specific music for all cities/towns, which in itself makes it unique. If its the direction the series is going, then so be it, if not just a tad tweaking would make it perfect.

#328 Trapinch
            Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 6th, 2013 (7:35 PM).

Hoenn had different music for several cities as well, Verdanturf and Fortree come to mind. Anyways I think it'll be cool if the region had Hoenn's ecological variety but with Unova's city size, just this time add something to the cities, Unova was really lacking that the only cities I enjoyed visitiing were the three cities in the middle (Castelia, Nimbasa, Opalucid).
              Old February 6th, 2013 (11:33 PM).

I hope there is transport systems like the bullet train in Johto/Kanto. Even though it wasn't needed, it was still fun anyway.
              Old February 7th, 2013 (3:42 AM).

that would be cool if you were able to interact in the train/plane whatever. not like the subway system, but a cool thing like a look out or maybe part of the story invoves being in traansportation system. :]

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                Closed Thread

Quick Reply