• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay. The house combinations are fine. The blue one is the starter house and the green one is proffesors home..

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Heres my map for JNathan, Its suppose to resemble Pallet a little. Small mistakes like tree edges are fixed.
titleak.png

It's a good start, but needs quite a bit of improvements. The paths should appear where players will usually be required to walk over, but also need to put into consideration where NPCs' are walking as well. The paths need to go up to, and in most cases under the building to make it look like people over time have formed the path after constant walking. One building needs to be moved slightly, as it seems to be illogical as to how you've placed it. Below I've added an image highlighting certain places. Where I've highlighted in red, is where you need to pay attention to. The green lines show where you should really speaking put paths. Blue line shows how far to push your building over. You've made a good start, just need to put those thoughts into consideration.

Help_zpsd63abc4d.png

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Just been trying some new stuff like what I learned in work experience last year to make something pretty cool using Google Sketchup (I'm thinking 3D model possibilities for game dev here guys)...

Spoiler:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I have it fixed. Thanks for the critique!

Try to use the redish trees a little bit more, using it just 3 times make the map a little bit boring.
Try to remove the bridge that leads to blues house, since it makes no sense because you can easily reach it on feet, and 2 bridges that close too each other doesnt look very well.
The water should be not that squarish also random stones in the water would'nt really hurt it either, and how is the hero going to get to the other side, hoping on the mountain i suppose?
In which you should try to map the mountains and trees not that squarish.

Also most comments i see here are just comments to have a reason to post theyre owns maps like "i like the tiles" or "place trees different" and thats it, i only saw like 3-4 people trying to give real sugguestions or critism to make someone improve theyre maps. How are they supposed to improve if they don't get told the truth that some parts of theyre mpas might be just bad?

Non of this is meant bad just my thoughts while dashing through the forum :<

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Google Sketchup, eh? Well your tiles look nice, but I'd like to see you create an actual map with it ;)

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
The 3D mini-map done by Rayquaza is very well done even for a prototype, like ppooookkkkkkk said the grass is flat making like the 3D rocks would be very useful ,I myself haven't looked at the system but if you can make certain pixels transparent that would be excellent.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
3902827.png

Hey guys. My town I posted earlier has a couple more edits..

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
3902827.png

Hey guys. My town I posted earlier has a couple more edits..

It looks nice. You might want to move the hill the lab is on and the lab up more. That or get rid if some trees below it. The path is pretty small for going to the biggest building on the map

Arma

The Hyena
Years
It looks way too cramped imo... the 3 trees directly above the building in the south west corner don't look to me. The two bridges so close to each other look ridiculous. And you might want to remove some trees below the lab... Hope this helps you!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
The top floor of Sky Pillar in Ancient Emerald:
descend_from_the_heavens_by_pokemon_tiler-d5u9kvr.png

Since it's a remake of an official map, I don't have much to comment on, but you've made good use of the GSC-style graphics.
8.5/10

Now, here's my remake of Ceruelan City.
Spoiler:

(I'd also like some feedback as to wether I should use some kind of underlying concrete in the city, like Jubilife City or if I should keep it as it is.)
PS: The Bridge is a placeholder, and the top right corner with empty water is undecorated til I've made the route north.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Now, here's my remake of Ceruelan City.
Spoiler:

(I'd also like some feedback as to wether I should use some kind of underlying concrete in the city, like Jubilife City or if I should keep it as it is.)
PS: The Bridge is a placeholder, and the top right corner with empty water is undecorated til I've made the route north.

It's pretty accurate minus a few things, if you are going for as close as possible

1) there shuold be a second path coming from the east of the bridge area, doesn't have to be connected to the bridge, just have one

2) There should be two cut trees in the south fence of the city, and on the East exit (East exit would also need a boulder)

3) You should probably extend the southern-most paths as they do just keep on going, and consider using light posts there if you want

Overall this map is very well done just these minor issues, I remember your Route 4 map had many errors in it but this is a vast improvement.

9.3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back