• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know you grew up Gen 1 when...

Can of Nothing

Loose Screw without Initiative
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
You know you grew up with Gen1 when you try teleport away from trainers right as they see you.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
When wrap was the best move ever!

lol! xD

You know you grew up in Gen 1 when you got yourself a Mew thru teleporting away from a trainer who has seen you north of the Nugget Bridge. ;)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Did people even know about that trick way back then? I never recall seeing it mentioned, all I remember seeing mentioned was...

You know you grew up with Generation 1 when you can recall those horrid Geocities sites full of people lying out of their teeth about Mewthree, Nidogod, Nidogoddess, and possibly some other 'winners' that escape me ATM.

Years
You know you grew up in gen 1 if you know some of the original game OST by heart. (I remember the original gym battle theme all too well for me to pass up.)

Years
You know you grew up in gen one when you tried to teach lickitung lick and it didn't work DX

I grew up in gen 4 and still knew it.... well gen 4 was my first game... I knew about r/s/e

Back