• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Well hey, it's been a while :) Been busy with school and whatnot, but here's a quick update: Completed Gold and started Emerald, currently in Slateport city (so 2 badges down) with a Marshtomp and Tentacool. Will do my best to get back on it :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Hi, I am wanting to start a bug type run
Username: liam7199
Type: Bug
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed/HeartGold/Emerald/Platinum/Black 2

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
1st update For Fire Red
-Choose Squirtle as starter and named him slave
-Got the parcel and gave it to Oak
-Went to the viridian forest and caught a Caterpie (Ozzy) and a Weedle (Lance)
-Grinded both Weedle and Caterpie until they evolved into Metapod and Kakuna
-Got through the forest and evolved them again into Weedle and Butterfree
-Grinded until they were both level 15
-Took out Brock with confusion
-Battled through Route 3
-Caught a Paras in Mt.Moon
-Easily beat Team Rocket
-Got to Cerulean, beat blue and grinded Paras on route 24 and 25, did the stuff with Bill
-Beat Misty with Paras quite easily (Bullet Seed)
-Then I saved

Years
Okay First Update on My ultimate Poison Challenge

Heart Gold

- Got Totodile Did all the usual mr. pokemon, rival stuff
- Caught a lvl. 2 spinarak at route 30
- Grinded it with my slave totodile to lvl. 7 where it was able to kill pidgeys by itself
- grinded a little more to lvl. 11
- went to dark cave to catch a lvl. 2 Zubat grinded him to lvl 13 and went to sprout tower
- defeated Falkner with zubat and Spinarak at lvl. 15 (tried at level 13 with both but that
didn't work out pidgeotto is pretty killer against spinarak, and zubat is pretty weak.)
- went to Azalea Town got to ~lvl. 19 and beat the rival and went to Ilex Forest to get an
Oddish at lvl. 5. and went to union cave and grinded Oddish to the same level as the others(lvl. 20)
- went through Ilex forest caught another oddish as HM slave for cut.
- in Goldenrod i went for the park and beat trainers lvl. 23 for everyone, Now Golbat, Gloom and Ariados
- beat Whitney
- went to ecruteak and saved.

my team @ Ecruteak

Ariados lvl. 26
- poison sting
- fury swipes
- Night shade
- shadow sneak

Gloom lvl. 26
- Absorb
- Mega drain
- Acid
- Sleep powder

Golbat lvl. 26
- Wing attack
- Leech life
- Bite
- Confuse ray

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
2nd update
-Traveled to vermilion city and done all the SS Anne stuff
-Caught an oddish named it slave and taught it cut and flash
-Went into the gym and beat it using Paras (Toad) by using Dig
-went through Dark Tunnel
-Arrived in Lavender Town and beat Blue in the pokemon tower
-Travelled to celadon city, bought a couple of TM's, got the tea and beat Erika
-Spent a while in the game corner to get Scyther and named him Edward and also got shadowball and taught it to Butterfree
-Went onto route 16 to get Fly

Team at this point:
Beedrill (Lance) level 31
-Poison sting
-Aerial ace
-Twineedle
-Pursuit

Parasect (Toad) level 27
-Scratch
-Dig
-Spore
-Bullet Seed

Butterfree (Ozzy) level 27
-Supersonic
-Sleep Powder
-Shadow Ball
-Confusion

Scyther (Edward) level 27
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit
-Wing Attack
-Agility

p.s. can I hack in a pinsir and a heracross?

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I'm just before the first fight with the Elite 4 in my Monoflying run of White version, but I'm really not sure I can drag it out all the way to Alder. I'm feeling the strain of the time commitment to this run already, but I'll see how long I can go before I'm officially done.

I'll post my party specs later. Rufflet is taking a lot of effort to just put up with it, though it's already somewhat better than Tranquil was.

thescourgex2

Like a sir!
Years
update 2 of my fire red mono-flying run

update 2:
Spoiler:

pictures
Spoiler:

Team:

charmeleon.png
Enflammer (charmeleon) -LVL 22

Pidgeotto(FRLG)Sprite.png
Hawkeye (pidgeotto) -LVL 22

Gyarados(FRLG)Sprite.png
Superkarp (gyarados) -LVL 22

Golbat(FRLG)Sprite.png
Lolbat (golbat) -LVL 22

Years
Second update to my poison challenge:
-went through Rock Tunel
-at the Lavender changed names of Beedrill to Stinger, and Nidorino to Dino King
-went to Celadon City
-beat Erica
-beat Giovanni and obtained Silp Scope
-went to Lavender, beat rival, caught Haunter, rescued Mr. Fuji
-went to Fushia by Route 12, on the way obtained Super Rod
-went to Safari Zone, obtained HM3 and Gold Teeth, at Fushia traded Gold Teeth for HM4
-went to the Route 19 to catch any water pokemon, caught Horsea
-beat Koga
-caught Tentacool at Route 19, moved Horsea to the Box
-Saved

My actual team:

Zaurus (Venusaur)(evolved before fighting Erica) lv 38
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder

Stinger (Beedrill) lv 36
-Pin Missle
-Focus Energy
-Cut
-Twineedle

Dino King (Nidorino) lv 37
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Horn Attack
-Strength

Haunter lv 34
-Shadow Punch
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
-Dream Eater

Tentacool lv 20 (sorry i havent leveled it yet, but i dont have now time to do that)
-Surf
-Supersonic
-Constrict
-Acid

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Username: Lockdown
Type: Dark
Game(s): LG, HG, S, D, B2

My normal type save is apparently corrupted.

Also, because i'm doing dark-type, and there are no dark types in the Kanto dex, how am I supposed to do Kanto, hack in my whole team? I'm really confuzzled. I looked over the rules, an I can only hack/trade in a pokemon that is withtin my regional dex, and there are no dark-types in the Kanto dex....

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
"What are you doing here?"

I didn't realize this could be done for more than one game. Well I decided to hack in a level 15 Pinsir for my Emerald run of my Bug challenge. I'm on my way to Flannery's gym so I'm gonna need all the help I can get. :/

Here's a small update, I didn't do much since my last one.

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

I'll probably edit this later with an update, if I make some significant progress.

Username: Lockdown
Type: Dark
Game(s): LG, HG, S, D, B2

My normal type save is apparently corrupted.

Also, because i'm doing dark-type, and there are no dark types in the Kanto dex, how am I supposed to do Kanto, hack in my whole team? I'm really confuzzled. I looked over the rules, an I can only hack/trade in a pokemon that is withtin my regional dex, and there are no dark-types in the Kanto dex....
For ultimate challenges with the Dark type you don't have to do any of the Kanto games.

Last edited:

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
"What are you doing here?"

I didn't realize this could be done for more than one game. Well I decided to hack in a level 15 Pinsir for my Emerald run of my Bug challenge. I'm on my way to Flannery's gym so I'm gonna need all the help I can get. :/

Here's a small update, I didn't do much since my last one.

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

I'll probably edit this later with an update, if I make some significant progress.

For ultimate challenges with the Dark type you don't have to do any of the Kanto games.
Ok, thanks. I didn't know that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
What are you doing here?

I'm gonna hack in something for my Poison challenge. What it is, I haven't decided yet.

Since it's been awhile since I posted something (been busy with my Youtube channel), and since it's late and I'm going to bed in a few, I thought I'd bring this up.

To NecrumWarrior:
I have been doing an Ultimate Poison challenge for at least a month. (and an Electric challenge for about a week) Every time I come to this forum thread, I look at your list of Ultimate Challengers, and not once have I seen my name. I know it says not to ask about this unless over an outrageous amount of time has passed, but since you update weekly, I figured a month was too much. I'm not mad about the Electric challenge, since I've only been doing it for a few days to a week, but a month's wait for the Poison challenge seems too much.

Could you please put my name on the Ultimate Challengers' list for Poison and Electric? I'm not angry, I'm just making sure you're not ignoring my semi-constant updates.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: For my Poison challenge I hacked in a Gulpin, named Grimy Muck.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
My computer broke recently, so I have been unable to do a proper update of the thread. I am terribly sorry for that. As soon as my new computer arrives, I will go through the arduous task of catching everything up. I truly appologize and thank you for your patience.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
My computer broke recently, so I have been unable to do a proper update of the thread. I am terribly sorry for that. As soon as my new computer arrives, I will go through the arduous task of catching everything up. I truly appologize and thank you for your patience.

Oh, now I understand. Thank you!

PS: What is your profile picture exactly?:\ Just wondering.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hmmm. Odd. I thought for certain you were on the list. Something must have happened along the line to make you missing from the list. It looks like you started posting again late in January, which is when my compy broke, so I had no opportunity to see that I had missed you when adding that update. Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't really know how you got missed before.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hmmm. Odd. I thought for certain you were on the list. Something must have happened along the line to make you missing from the list. It looks like you started posting again late in January, which is when my compy broke, so I had no opportunity to see that I had missed you when adding that update. Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't really know how you got missed before.

Don't worry, it's fine. I didn't know why you hadn't updated, so I was worried. Anyway, I have an update!

Update 2: Genocide of Route 4

What happened since last time:
Spoiler:

My team:
Spoiler:

I took that one guy's advice (WarriorCat's his username) and used imgur to upload the pictures of my Pokemon. I'll find out his username and edit it in later. Anyway, that's it for now. Peace!

P.S. My YouTube channel is active! I now upload videos daily, with 3 Pokemon videos a week. The rest is other games I like to play. My username is Jacob Presau, search it up on YouTube.

Last edited:
Years
Okay second update of my Ultimate Poison Challenge:

Heart Gold

I Got all The rest of the Johto Badges, caught a lvl. 19 Tentacool in the sea between Olivine and Cianwood and caught a lvl. 22 gastly at the bell tower. Now im just before the elite four after training a little in route 26 and victory road.

My team pre Elite Four:

Gengar Lvl. 50 (used evolution editor to evolve at lvl. 50)
@Shell Bell
(a whopping 165 sp atk. @ Modest Nature)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
He's a pure beast with that shadow Ball :D

Crobat Lvl. 45 (evolved right after beating ecruteak Gym)
@Poison Barb
- Cross Poison
- Bite
- Wing Attack
- Fly

Gloom Lvl. 45 (Trying to get a leaf stone but can't find one?)
@Miracle Seed
- Solarbeam
- Mega Drain
- Acid
- Sleep Powder

Ariados Lvl. 46
@Quick Claw
- Sucker Punch(pretty bad move in my opinion)
- Bug Bite
- Night Shade
- Psychic

Tentacruel Lvl. 45
@Nevermeltice
- Surf
- Ice Beam (Pretty annoying in the gaming place but after some time i got enough for both this and Thunderbolt)
- Toxic Spikes (much better than the old spikes move)
- Poison Jab

I really like the 4th gen Games (First time i play one of these) love how attacks can be either physical or Special in the same type and a lot of the new moves are actually really good, was thinking of catching a Koffing or an Arbok but i think my team is Good as it is Right now, don't have that much use of a pure poison type, maybe an Arbok with Earthquake wouldn't be that bad but i have to catch it in the Safari zone and yeah meh... I can use an Arbok in another game then...

To the Elite Four, hope i don't get smacked around by Will's psychics.

EDIT: how do you make those spoiler pop out thingies? i Would be glad if someone can PM me about that or a link to where i can find it?

EDIT2: E4 Was a Breeze Gengar swept through most of them, Crobat and Tentacruel took out the rest of them!

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Update #6 on my HeartGold grass monotype run, with the Elite Four defeated!
Spoiler:

Sorry for the tl;dr. >_<

The team so far (after Lance):
Spoiler:

And here's the second update for FireRed. I currently have five badges.
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back