• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
As long as the Legendary count is below eight for this Generation, I'll be happy. I thought they introduced waaay too many in Gen IV & Gen V..

Guy

just a guy
Years
As long as the Legendary count is below eight for this Generation, I'll be happy. I thought they introduced waaay too many in Gen IV & Gen V..
Each generation seems to grow in the number of Legendary Pokémon. Only Gen V bucked the trend by having one less ─ not counting Phione in Gen IV. I think the odds are in favor of having about the same number of legendaries as we've had most recently. Although, I too wish they would dial it back down again.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't mind the abundance of legendary pokemon, but, if you've seen my thread about the challenges of finding legendary pokemon, I'm just concerned that they are becoming more and more easier to find, so, I just hope that they will be more mysterious and harder to capture and find.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Actually I think eight is the right number. Two version mascots, one third mascot, legendary trio, cute legendary like Mew and one other event legendary.

Each generation seems to grow in the number of Legendary Pokémon. Only Gen V bucked the trend by having one less ─ not counting Phione in Gen IV. I think the odds are in favor of having about the same number of legendaries as we've had most recently. Although, I too wish they would dial it back down again.
Phione is a legendary btw.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not to mention, Kirlia staggered upon being 'hit' by the supposed Growl. Why would Kirlia stagger if it was just a stat-down move that is just a cute growling sound? It doesn't make any sense.

If you are trying to refer to older 3D Pokemon games, Gamefreak did this one themselves. None of the Animations in Pokemon X and Y are from older games. For all we know, the Pokemon may stagger for every attack listed in the game. We don't know yet. I still personally think it was Confuse Ray since it was not said what they attack was by official sources.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Actually I think eight is the right number. Two version mascots, one third mascot, legendary trio, cute legendary like Mew and one other event legendary.

I think the least they'll do is 10 as they usually have a duo as well in each generation except V (genetic/clone duo, sun-moon/johto bird duo, Eon/yin yang/sex(gender) duo, and dream/lunar phases duo). Though I can't think of anything they could base it off on...no wonder Unova lacked one...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't get the need for less legendaries. GF has found a fitting pattern: a legendary trio, , an endgame trio, a mirage legendary, three event legendaries, and, apparantly common to only odd-numbered gens, two version-exclusive field legendaries.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Some may consider that debatable.

I did make a slight error in my last post though. If Phione is not counted, then Gen V had just as much Legendary Pokémon as Gen IV. If Phione is counted, however, then Gen V has one less like I said.

I find it actually really highly unlikely that they would include anything less than at least 7 or 8 legendaries in this game. The highest that they'll go is probably 9 or 10, but absolutely no more than that, I feel.
Gen V introduced thirteen new legendary Pokémon. I wouldn't put it passed GameFreak to reach or pass that if they wanted to. I would like to have around eight to ten though. I feel like that's a reasonable amount.

blue

gucci
Years
The fact that they have increased the number of legendaries for each generation over the years, even more so for the recent Generations leads me to believe that they will introduce another high amount which will make it even more difficult to adjust too.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
12 legendaries this time round, no doubt about it. 3 events, 3 mains, 1 pixie, a trio, and 2 sidequest legends. Roamers are out, as is the silly notion that 2 trio's are needed. 2 sidequest legends means I'm expecting something like Darkrai/Cresselia, but more fleshed out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think there will be too many legendaries. I mean I'm not opposed if there's a lot but just because there was a lot in the past it doesn't mean there will be this time around as GF likes to break patterns. :(

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
People have a way of posting what I want to say right before I am going to say it.
Gamefreak has no pattern now. Too much has changed with 5th gen.
I'm not sure if there will be as many legends this time. The hints seem to leen toward less new Pokémon in general, so less legends makes sense

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
People have a way of posting what I want to say right before I am going to say it.
Gamefreak has no pattern now. Too much has changed with 5th gen.
I'm not sure if there will be as many legends this time. The hints seem to leen toward less new Pokémon in general, so less legends makes sense
True, even gens tend to release less new pokemon compared to the odd generations (two out of three had 150 +, well one being the first one). However Sinnoh had the most legends yet despite having 107 leaving 12-13 percent (depending in how one thinks of phione) of it's new mon to be legends...so they could go back to gen III number or go beat gen IV's record.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
What happens about Black/White Kyruem? Will you be able to get the DNA splicer again? How do you think that will work out? Also, almost everything classified as "news" so far, is from the Fakemon Tumblr page, so don't trust it unless its actually Coro Coro, or Nintendo. I'm definitely a fire type guy, my favorites being Typhlosion/Rapidash/Arcanine. I will just pray to god it's not a bipedal fox similar to Zoroark... I personally would not mind an updated Ninetales...maybe a Fire/Ground type? There are so many awesome Fakemon, I hope GF will live up to their fanbase. I also have one last question, how do you all personally think other game's legendaries will tie into the post-campaign game? How would stationary legendaries look in the world, will you be able to get all legendaries through this generation similar to the previous generation's many legendary encounters?

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I honestly think that kind of thing is best left for fifth gen. :x I...really doubt the DNA splicers would be making any kind of re-appearance in these games, but that's just me.

And if by "the game's legendaries" you mean Xerneas and Yveltal, I find it really hard to speculate on how they would affect post-game content if we don't know what the main game content is even going to hold. u_u

I meant like having Kyogre/Groudon is HG/SS, or Arceus/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina as well. Do you think there will be things like that in this game...

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't want too many past gen legendaries in the games as it'll throw off them being brand new. But I wouldn't mind if a few Unova legendaries were there given that they're recent and it might appeal to the players more if they got some extra Reshiram/Zekrom :3;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't want too many past gen legendaries in the games as it'll throw off them being brand new. But I wouldn't mind if a few Unova legendaries were there given that they're recent and it might appeal to the players more if they got some extra Reshiram/Zekrom :3;

I doubt we'd get them though. If anything it'd be older ones that are harder to get. But I agree, I don't want too many. Maybe the legendary beasts or something.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
For old legendary Pokémon, I've been thinking that Dialga and Palkia should make a return in Pokémon X and Y, wait... have I already said that before? :o

But anyways, there's some guy on YouTube who so-called "claims" that he has a rival battle theme for X and Y composed by Junichi Masuda, but I can guarantee you that it's not official. But here it is:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Why would you even believe that? Not you but anyone in general. No one has the music from the games. But it is a good effort, pretty accurate of what the Pokemon games have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back