Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #5276    
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,204
I have a family member that lives in Brooklyn so I'm there a lot!

Hey Dipu if I get an internship in NYC we can meet up okay? :)
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.


Relevant Advertising!

  #5277    
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
Kura's Avatar
Kura Kura is offline
twitter.com/kuraberryart
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
    Age: 27
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 11,014
    I think the coolest part of the nintendo store in NYC was that bombed original gameboy. The rest is just.. like an expanded Toys R Us.. I thought it would be a bit more of a museum than it was.
    __________________
    ~Yuugiou Fan~
    ~Kamen Rider Fan~
    ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
      #5278    
    Old February 12th, 2013 (12:02 PM).
    Overlord Drakow's Avatar
    Overlord Drakow Overlord Drakow is offline
    -CONQUERER
       
      Join Date: Oct 2007
      Location: Down Under
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 3,655
      If I get the ambition to go to NYC and you're there Toujours, we can meet up! =D
      __________________
      "Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
      The Painist
        #5279    
      Old February 12th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
      Livewire's Avatar
      Livewire Livewire is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Location: Sunnyshore City
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 14,265
      I'm feeling a NYC PC party like soon!
      __________________
        #5280    
      Old February 12th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
      BeachBoy's Avatar
      BeachBoy BeachBoy is offline
      S P A R K of madness
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: Texas
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 8,453
      I might be headed up to NY this summer to work for Warby Parker. A PC party would be awesome!
      __________________
      credit to easterly
        #5281    
      Old February 12th, 2013 (12:32 PM).
      Athelstan's Avatar
      Athelstan Athelstan is offline
      Odin
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Valhalla
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 3,319
      I really wanna go NY, haven't been yet. And OMG Nintendo store...uhhhhh I have to go someday.
      __________________

        #5282    
      Old February 12th, 2013 (1:12 PM).
      Kurono Kurono is offline
      Remember?
         
        Join Date: Jun 2005
        Location: NYC
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 6,294
        At this point PC's pretty much obligated to host a gathering or two.

        ... I do believe its ten year anniversary is this year, after all. What do you guys think, hmm?
          #5283    
        Old February 12th, 2013 (2:09 PM).
        Kura's Avatar
        Kura Kura is offline
        twitter.com/kuraberryart
           
          Join Date: Sep 2004
          Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
          Age: 27
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 11,014
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kurono View Post
          At this point PC's pretty much obligated to host a gathering or two.

          ... I do believe its ten year anniversary is this year, after all. What do you guys think, hmm?
          We celebrated the 10 years last year actually. I tried hosting an IRL get together but the mods told me it wasn't allowed because of liabilities and safety stuff. I did arrange it during an event in London which would have lots of security/police around, but could understand why PC still said no.. but it's ok! I still met up with 3 other PC users who were friends anyways. Had a great time :3
            #5284    
          Old February 12th, 2013 (2:11 PM).
          Honest's Avatar
          Honest Honest is offline
          شكرا
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2008
          Location: New York City
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 11,716
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
          Hey Dipu if I get an internship in NYC we can meet up okay?
          Oh god, consider it done! I'm actually getting ridiculously hyped, it's not even funny LOL

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
          I'm feeling a NYC PC party like soon!
          Wait, Live, you don't like in NYC, do you?



          Oh, and as for the Nintendo World talk, I actually went to the grand opening of it when it was The Pokemon Center back in '01. Bought a keychain that had Pikachu and Pichu on it and said grand opening. I still have it on my keys :')
          __________________
          he did it, not me.
            #5285    
          Old February 12th, 2013 (2:19 PM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by Kurono.
          Kurono Kurono is offline
          Remember?
             
            Join Date: Jun 2005
            Location: NYC
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 6,294
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kura View Post
            We celebrated the 10 years last year actually. I tried hosting an IRL get together but the mods told me it wasn't allowed because of liabilities and safety stuff. I did arrange it during an event in London which would have lots of security/police around, but could understand why PC still said no.. but it's ok! I still met up with 3 other PC users who were friends anyways. Had a great time :3

            what really
            i thought pc was formed in 2003

            nonetheless there's no reason we can't have a similar gig here. just takes some careful planning.
            I can see why the staff would want nothing to do with it though.

            btw I'm glad it went well for you guys.
              #5286    
            Old February 12th, 2013 (2:33 PM).
            Ash's Avatar
            Ash Ash is offline
            cataclysm
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 10,770
            There are two members of PC that I will go and meet someday. Because they live like... five-ten minutes away from me and there is no excuse not to meet them at Walmart or something.
            __________________
            my claws are out [ chat noir ] at night i rule [/URL][/title]

              #5287    
            Old February 12th, 2013 (2:45 PM).
            Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
            Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
            Frasier says it best
               
              Join Date: Apr 2004
              Location: London, UK
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 11,411
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
              There are two members of PC that I will go and meet someday. Because they live like... five-ten minutes away from me and there is no excuse not to meet them at Walmart or something.
              5-10 minutes away is literally no excuse if you actually want to meet up with those people. Carpe diem, seize the day and all that!
              __________________
                #5288    
              Old February 12th, 2013 (2:48 PM).
              Kura's Avatar
              Kura Kura is offline
              twitter.com/kuraberryart
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2004
                Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                Age: 27
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 11,014
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kurono View Post
                what really
                i thought pc was formed in 2003

                nonetheless there's no reason we can't have a similar gig here. just takes some careful planning.
                I can see why the staff would want nothing to do with it though.

                btw I'm glad it went well for you guys.
                It was actually 2002 and they had to reset servers, I believe :3

                Also.. damn.. weren't you a super old member that used to have a sniper cat in your avatar? .. I think I remember you..
                  #5289    
                Old February 12th, 2013 (3:06 PM).
                Kurono Kurono is offline
                Remember?
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2005
                  Location: NYC
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 6,294
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                  It was actually 2002 and they had to reset servers, I believe :3

                  Also.. damn.. weren't you a super old member that used to have a sniper cat in your avatar? .. I think I remember you..
                  ...heh, yeah. not very original, i know. I joined as CharMz and probably transitioned to Kurono sometime in 2006-07.
                  I'm not so proud of my history, it's quite embarrassing. Not embarrassing enough that I'd try and hide it, though.


                  I remember you quite well, since you didn't bounce around with different names.
                    #5290    
                  Old February 12th, 2013 (3:09 PM).
                  Kura's Avatar
                  Kura Kura is offline
                  twitter.com/kuraberryart
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2004
                    Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                    Age: 27
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 11,014
                    YEAH CHARMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! I remember you now!! How've you been? :3

                    ;3 Hey everyone can turn a new leaf, nothing to be embarrassed about!
                    Hurrah, I'm remembered!
                      #5291    
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (3:12 PM).
                    Incineroar's Avatar
                    Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                    the spirit of the fighter
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • Developer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Iki Town
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 13,443
                    I wish I could meet up irl with some PC members, but I'm practically out in the middle of nowhere ;___;
                    __________________
                      #5292    
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (3:14 PM).
                    Honest's Avatar
                    Honest Honest is offline
                    شكرا
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2008
                    Location: New York City
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 11,716
                    Holy crap, I really hope you guys think I turned a new leaf since I joined.

                    Cause if not, I'll bury my head in shame forever. Seriously.
                      #5293    
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (3:14 PM).
                    Broken_Arrow's Avatar
                    Broken_Arrow Broken_Arrow is offline
                    Paper plane~
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                    Location: Dragons Nest~
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 1,209
                    Today wasn't cold..but windy



                    I LOVE THE NORTH WIND!!!!

                    been watching Hart of dixie...i think i like that series..it's good,can't wait to watch season tew!
                    __________________
                    A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
                    Brock – Pokemon

                      #5294    
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (3:14 PM).
                    Sableye~'s Avatar
                    Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
                    Back to PC~
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 4,056
                    I've never been to NY, despite being directly below it. If you guys do meet up, you'll have to let me know how it goes? I have yet to meet people online in real life. x:

                    asdfghjkl
                    Dipu, how long did you say it would take for the feeling to come back into my numb(ish) fingertips? It's fun to poke at them, but I thought something would have changed by now. :?
                    __________________
                    I can't think of a good signature.
                      #5295    
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (3:21 PM).
                    Kura's Avatar
                    Kura Kura is offline
                    twitter.com/kuraberryart
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2004
                      Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Serious
                      Posts: 11,014
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
                      Holy crap, I really hope you guys think I turned a new leaf since I joined.

                      Cause if not, I'll bury my head in shame forever. Seriously.
                      TBH I don't remember what you were like when you first joined .O.! Shame on me~~!!!
                        #5296    
                      Old February 12th, 2013 (3:28 PM).
                      Kurono Kurono is offline
                      Remember?
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2005
                        Location: NYC
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 6,294
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                        YEAH CHARMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! I remember you now!! How've you been? :3

                        ;3 Hey everyone can turn a new leaf, nothing to be embarrassed about!
                        Hurrah, I'm remembered!
                        I'm glad it was so easy for you to remember me. I'm good. :)



                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
                        Holy crap, I really hope you guys think I turned a new leaf since I joined.

                        Cause if not, I'll bury my head in shame forever. Seriously.
                        I was probably not around when you joined, so I wouldn't know.

                        but if you were as bad as I think you might have been, you have my sympathy.

                        that shame will still be there with you forever. embrace it
                          #5297    
                        Old February 12th, 2013 (3:33 PM).
                        Honest's Avatar
                        Honest Honest is offline
                        شكرا
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2008
                        Location: New York City
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 11,716
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
                        I've never been to NY, despite being directly below it. If you guys do meet up, you'll have to let me know how it goes? I have yet to meet people online in real life. x:

                        asdfghjkl
                        Dipu, how long did you say it would take for the feeling to come back into my numb(ish) fingertips? It's fun to poke at them, but I thought something would have changed by now. :?
                        You should come if you can Jess! And I said about a week or two... no luck? D=

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kura View Post
                        TBH I don't remember what you were like when you first joined .O.! Shame on me~~!!!
                        I'd rather you didn't remember! D;

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kurono View Post

                        that shame will still be there with you forever. embrace it
                        Oh, I embrace my idiocy, no worries. At least I wasn't a flirt back then... though that's not a good thing, actually D;
                          #5298    
                        Old February 12th, 2013 (3:47 PM).
                        Sableye~'s Avatar
                        Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
                        Back to PC~
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 4,056
                        I prefer hiding behind the internet, thanks. x;
                        Not that I can tell. It just feels almost like the skin is thicker over that portion of my fingertip. If I jab my fingernail into it, I actually can feel the pain more easily, though. :? It's been, what, three weeks now? I have no sense of time haha.
                          #5299    
                        Old February 12th, 2013 (3:48 PM).
                        Honest's Avatar
                        Honest Honest is offline
                        شكرا
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2008
                        Location: New York City
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 11,716
                        Hm, well, if it's thicker, that means it's definitely healing. I'm not sure what the more pain means, though... maybe nerves in the process or repairing?
                          #5300    
                        Old February 12th, 2013 (3:53 PM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by Sableye~.
                        Sableye~'s Avatar
                        Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
                        Back to PC~
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 4,056
                        It isn't, though. Just by sight, it's no different than the rest of my fingertips. :? I'm not that worried about it, honestly. It's not like it bothers me or anything.


                        ...So part of today was spent having my eyes examined. I was told that, even with glasses, my vision will continue to deteriorate. D; But I hate wearing glasses so that's at least an excuse not to wear mine haha.
                        Closed Thread
                        Quick Reply

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:19 AM.