ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23826    
Old February 13th, 2013 (3:54 PM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
What happens if I push it?....
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 1,766

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
    I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.

    Just search for adding Pokemon.

    You can do it fairly self-explanatory by using YAPE and Wichu's Sprite Editor. You just need to replace an old Pokemon you don't like. You can get the stats from Bulbapedia and gen IV sprites are complete in Chaos Rush's DS styled 64x64 sprite resource.

    The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....

    __________________


    Paired with Simba


    Relevant Advertising!

      #23827    
    Old February 13th, 2013 (3:56 PM).
    kj3400's Avatar
    kj3400 kj3400 is offline
    Wants a Magneton for a Charger
       
      Join Date: Mar 2012
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 53

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post

      The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....

      That's what I wanted to do, actually...

        #23828    
      Old February 13th, 2013 (3:59 PM).
      karatekid552's Avatar
      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
      What happens if I push it?....
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 1,766

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
        That's what I wanted to do, actually...

        Several have succeeded... But I don't think anyone has posted how. If you can wait a while, Jambo is getting ever closer to completing his 649 patch which will have all Pokemon up to BW.

        __________________


        Paired with Simba

          #23829    
        Old February 13th, 2013 (4:02 PM).
        kj3400's Avatar
        kj3400 kj3400 is offline
        Wants a Magneton for a Charger
           
          Join Date: Mar 2012
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 53

          Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.

            #23830    
          Old February 13th, 2013 (4:06 PM).
          karatekid552's Avatar
          karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
          What happens if I push it?....
             
            Join Date: Nov 2012
            Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 1,766

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
            Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.

            For those, just replace three crappy Pokemon and use the pokedex order tool in PGE to reorder the pokedex. There are plenty of, "What was Game Freak thinking?!?" Pokemon to get rid of:D

            __________________


            Paired with Simba

              #23831    
            Old February 13th, 2013 (4:25 PM).
            ~Anbuja's Avatar
            ~Anbuja ~Anbuja is offline
            Let's Keep It Simple
               
              Join Date: Oct 2010
              Location: In Snorlax Stomach
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 321

              Anyone has an idea why whenever I open XSE 1.1.1 on my PC, it automatically closes like 2 seconds after i get the main window of it?

              __________________

                #23832    
              Old February 13th, 2013 (4:39 PM).
              karatekid552's Avatar
              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
              What happens if I push it?....
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 1,766

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
                Anyone has an idea why whenever I open XSE 1.1.1 on my PC, it automatically closes like 2 seconds after i get the main window of it?

                Open the .ini, make autoupdatecheck=0.

                If it doesn't exist, add it under the [options] section.

                __________________


                Paired with Simba

                  #23833    
                Old February 13th, 2013 (5:33 PM).
                The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                   
                  Join Date: May 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 233

                  A friend of mine told me i am able to insert bw sprites into firered and leafgreen, and im making a hack, am i able to do that even with the size difference, if so how? D:

                  __________________

                  Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.

                  Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!

                  It has all the current pokes. And More!!
                  Lost of variety of things to do while playing. See how high you can level your poke past 100?
                  Whats the rarest poke you can find!!
                  *New features have been added~*
                  Hope to see ya there :D

                    #23834    
                  Old February 13th, 2013 (6:11 PM).
                  karatekid552's Avatar
                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                  What happens if I push it?....
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 1,766

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                    A friend of mine told me i am able to insert bw sprites into firered and leafgreen, and im making a hack, am i able to do that even with the size difference, if so how? D:

                    You have to shrink them, or wait for Chaos Rush to do it. Check out his DS Styled 64x64 Sprite Resource.

                    __________________


                    Paired with Simba

                      #23835    
                    Old February 13th, 2013 (6:22 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D.
                    The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                    The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 233

                      do you have a link to them?

                      Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?

                      __________________

                      Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.

                      Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!

                      It has all the current pokes. And More!!
                      Lost of variety of things to do while playing. See how high you can level your poke past 100?
                      Whats the rarest poke you can find!!
                      *New features have been added~*
                      Hope to see ya there :D

                        #23836    
                      Old February 13th, 2013 (7:05 PM).
                      Zemekis's Avatar
                      Zemekis Zemekis is offline
                      The Booze Cruise
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2013
                        Location: 'Murica
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 22

                        How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?

                          #23837    
                        Old February 13th, 2013 (7:16 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                        karatekid552's Avatar
                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                        What happens if I push it?....
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 1,766

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                          do you have a link to them?

                          Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?

                          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

                          Patcience.... Lots and lots of it. I use GIMP and what I do is shrink the image down to an appropriate size, then make corrections until it looks good.

                          I believe Chaos draws many of them from scratch, though it takes some true talent to do that, I could never get a sprite to look remotely good from scratch.

                          Edit: Chaos, if you see this, I am not kissing up to you. I dunno how I made it on as I can't draw to save my life, so I do mean it.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
                          How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?

                          Just to say, I didn't ignore you earlier, I just don't know. There is a thread around here somewhere dealing with removing the intro. If you go back a bunch of pages in this thread, someone asked about removing the intro and got a bunch of links. (December, maybe? I know if happened, or was it the Script help thread... It's in one of them:D) Some of them might be useful.

                          You could also make it a choice between two guys, that would be the easiest.

                          __________________


                          Paired with Simba

                            #23838    
                          Old February 13th, 2013 (7:58 PM).
                          Zemekis's Avatar
                          Zemekis Zemekis is offline
                          The Booze Cruise
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2013
                            Location: 'Murica
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 22

                            Okay, i'll look back through/search the thread. Do you know how to change both options to "Boy"? Both methods are acceptable, so if you could give me some pointers on doing the double-Boy option, that'd be great!

                              #23839    
                            Old February 13th, 2013 (9:39 PM).
                            LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                            LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                            Mew!
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2013
                              Age: 28
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 415

                              in fire red what is it that keeps your pokes from evolving into gen 2 pokemon? I would like to allow users to catch and raise gen 2 pokemon as starters (a catch your own starter instead of taking the 3 choices)

                              __________________

                                #23840    
                              Old February 13th, 2013 (10:11 PM).
                              The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                              The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 233

                                what program would allow you to make oppenents have shiny,or change shiny encounter rate? and stuff like that? lol

                                __________________

                                Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.

                                Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!

                                It has all the current pokes. And More!!
                                Lost of variety of things to do while playing. See how high you can level your poke past 100?
                                Whats the rarest poke you can find!!
                                *New features have been added~*
                                Hope to see ya there :D

                                  #23841    
                                Old February 14th, 2013 (12:28 AM).
                                Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                Memento Mori
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 14,494

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                                what program would allow you to make oppenents have shiny,or change shiny encounter rate? and stuff like that? lol
                                You can use HackMew's shinyzer to make others have shiny or make wild shiny battle.

                                __________________

                                ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                Anime List | PSN Trophy List

                                  #23842    
                                Old February 14th, 2013 (3:36 AM).
                                prnoct90 prnoct90 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2006
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 13

                                  I have two questions:

                                  1. Is there a hack of fire red that pretty much just leaves the game itself alone, but makes it so all pokemon can be caught/evolved in game (as opposed to trading)?

                                  2. Is any team working on a hack that combines all the "real" regions into one complete game?

                                    #23843    
                                  Old February 14th, 2013 (3:41 AM). Edited February 14th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                                  karatekid552's Avatar
                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                  What happens if I push it?....
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 1,766

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
                                    Okay, i'll look back through/search the thread. Do you know how to change both options to "Boy"? Both methods are acceptable, so if you could give me some pointers on doing the double-Boy option, that'd be great!

                                    Well, you would have to change Oak's inrtro text to say who are you instead of what. You can do this in A-text, a hex editor, or even a script editor, though A-text would be the easiest. Then, you would have to create two different character sprites, both boys, and insert one over the girls sprite using NSE or un-Lz. So, basically replace everything girl with guy. The toughest part might be changing the multi-choice box which asks if you are a girl or a guy to say something based on the qualities of your two choice for boys, like tough kid and smart kid. I am not quite sure how to chance the multi choice box, but you may be able to find it in A-text.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                    in fire red what is it that keeps your pokes from evolving into gen 2 pokemon? I would like to allow users to catch and raise gen 2 pokemon as starters (a catch your own starter instead of taking the 3 choices)

                                    The answer has come up before in this thread. I can't remember right now, but you are still supposed to search before asking.

                                    Edit: I think you need to give the player the national Pokedex.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
                                    I have two questions:

                                    1. Is there a hack of fire red that pretty much just leaves the game itself alone, but makes it so all pokemon can be caught/evolved in game (as opposed to trading)?

                                    2. Is any team working on a hack that combines all the "real" regions into one complete game?

                                    1) Probobly, I know that there is one for Emerald. Try looking for a FireRed Complete or FireRed 386 in the showcase.

                                    2) This is really tough due to space requirements. The closest I think would be the 649 patches by Jambo51 and Chaos Rush.

                                    __________________


                                    Paired with Simba

                                      #23844    
                                    Old February 14th, 2013 (4:01 AM).
                                    LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                    LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                    Mew!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                                      Age: 28
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 415

                                      thanks... I found the "search this thread" function

                                      but im fairly certain this one is NOT in this thread:

                                      I need a way to make the safari game NOT end... then a way to make it end again...

                                      for example...
                                      I am making a "catch your starting pokemon" event... where you go into a safari zone game... and catch a pokemon... then immediately after you catch that poke the game ends... yay

                                      but by going into the Safari Zone game.. you get that step counter... so if someone were to hang around and NOT catch something till that timer ran out... they would be teleported to the REAL safari zone and end up in fuscha city with no pokemon...

                                      so I need to turn the step counter off for just that game... then for all other safari games (you can only get into this area one time) the step counter should be on...

                                      __________________

                                        #23845    
                                      Old February 14th, 2013 (4:06 AM).
                                      karatekid552's Avatar
                                      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                      What happens if I push it?....
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                                        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 1,766

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                        thanks... I found the "search this thread" function

                                        but im fairly certain this one is NOT in this thread:

                                        I need a way to make the safari game NOT end... then a way to make it end again...

                                        for example...
                                        I am making a "catch your starting pokemon" event... where you go into a safari zone game... and catch a pokemon... then immediately after you catch that poke the game ends... yay

                                        but by going into the Safari Zone game.. you get that step counter... so if someone were to hang around and NOT catch something till that timer ran out... they would be teleported to the REAL safari zone and end up in fuscha city with no pokemon...

                                        so I need to turn the step counter off for just that game... then for all other safari games (you can only get into this area one time) the step counter should be on...

                                        Better idea, run a check to make sure the player has a Pokemon after the safari game. If not, send him back in!

                                        Also, the above question I believe you need to give the player the national pokedex.

                                        __________________


                                        Paired with Simba

                                          #23846    
                                        Old February 14th, 2013 (4:28 AM).
                                        LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                        LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                        Mew!
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2013
                                          Age: 28
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 415

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                          Better idea, run a check to make sure the player has a Pokemon after the safari game. If not, send him back in!

                                          Also, the above question I believe you need to give the player the national pokedex.

                                          I would run a check but I cant edit the way the safari zone ends...

                                          I may be able to edit the real exit mapscript... that may do it...

                                          I dont know how to check for pokemon...
                                          I tried countpokemon... but it turns the map black

                                          I was using the countpokemon check to end my mini game (after each battle) but that is wrong... what command checks how many pokes you have in your belt?

                                          __________________

                                            #23847    
                                          Old February 14th, 2013 (4:45 AM).
                                          FBI's Avatar
                                          FBI FBI is offline
                                          Free supporter
                                          • Silver Tier
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                                          Location: Unknown Island
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 1,770

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                          I would run a check but I cant edit the way the safari zone ends...

                                          I may be able to edit the real exit mapscript... that may do it...

                                          I dont know how to check for pokemon...
                                          I tried countpokemon... but it turns the map black

                                          I was using the countpokemon check to end my mini game (after each battle) but that is wrong... what command checks how many pokes you have in your belt?

                                          It is countpokemon, if you're using PKSV. Also, you're going about it the wrong way. If you want a custom safari zone without a counter make a new map, don't bother trying to edit the existing routine.

                                          __________________

                                          ...

                                            #23848    
                                          Old February 14th, 2013 (4:54 AM). Edited February 14th, 2013 by LocksmithArmy.
                                          LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                          LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                          Mew!
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2013
                                            Age: 28
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 415

                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                                            It is countpokemon, if you're using PKSV. Also, you're going about it the wrong way. If you want a custom safari zone without a counter make a new map, don't bother trying to edit the existing routine.

                                            I did make a new map...

                                            on my new maps mapscript
                                            under "On entering map/on menu close [05]"
                                            ive got:

                                            Spoiler:
                                            #org 0x8800800
                                            '-----------------------------------
                                            countpokemon
                                            compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                            if == call 0x8800810 ' Equal To
                                            end

                                            #org 0x8800810
                                            '-----------------------------------
                                            msgbox 0x8800900 ' OAK: Have you caught...
                                            callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                                            closemsg
                                            special 0xCE
                                            special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
                                            setvar 0x4055 0x3
                                            warp 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x4 0x2
                                            end

                                            #org 0x8800900
                                            = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nCome back so we can see.

                                            its supposed to end the game after any battle where you caught a pokemon... because you would have 0 pokemon going in... then you should have 1 pokemon after the battle, so when it checks... it should play that event and give end the game... but instead... after any battle... it goes black ;(

                                            UPDATE:
                                            I used the "countpokemon" code in the exact same fashion while making the person stay in the event (if they get kicked out by the step counter)

                                            Spoiler:
                                            #org 0x8801000
                                            '-----------------------------------
                                            countpokemon
                                            compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                            if >= call 0x816D2F2 ' Larger Than or Equal To
                                            compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                            if == call 0x88009B0 ' Equal To
                                            end

                                            #org 0x816D2F2
                                            '-----------------------------------
                                            lockall
                                            textcolor BLUE
                                            msgbox 0x8197E85 ' Did you catch your f...
                                            callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                                            closemsg
                                            applymovement PLAYER 0x816D362 ' walk_down walk_down ...
                                            pauseevent 0x0
                                            special 0xCE
                                            setvar 0x406E 0x0
                                            releaseall
                                            end

                                            #org 0x88009B0
                                            '-----------------------------------
                                            lockall
                                            textcolor BLUE
                                            msgbox 0x88009F0 ' OAK: Have you caught...
                                            callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                                            closemsg
                                            applymovement PLAYER 0x88009E0 ' walk_up end
                                            pauseevent 0x0
                                            special 0xCD
                                            setvar 0x406E 0x2
                                            warp 0x4 0x6 0xFF 0x19 0x1C
                                            releaseall
                                            end

                                            #org 0x8197E85
                                            = Did you catch your fair share?\nCome again!

                                            #org 0x88009F0
                                            = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nGet back in there...

                                            #org 0x816D362
                                            M walk_down walk_down end

                                            #org 0x88009E0
                                            M walk_up end

                                            and it worked perfectly... (even tested by actually playing the safari game and that way ends correctly too)

                                            so y am I getting a black screen when I count in my lil safarigame...

                                            counting to 0 works I guess cause it lets you keep playing if you run or chase off a poke... but if you count to 1 it glitches up...

                                            UPDATE2:

                                            it works without the message box script... so if oak doesnt call me to tell me to come back I randomely warp back with my poke...

                                            that sux

                                            __________________

                                              #23849    
                                            Old February 14th, 2013 (4:58 AM).
                                            FroggestSpirit's Avatar
                                            FroggestSpirit FroggestSpirit is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                                              Posts: 17

                                              Hello, I came here from the GBC hacking, because I had the idea of patching Pokemon Crystal to have up to 512 pokemon. I'm pretty fluent in using a GB debugger, and know GB ASM well, as i've done quite a few things with it. I figured that It'd be more beneficial to come here, and work off of FireRed. It sounds like this 649 patch is kind of what I wanted to do, so that's great. Other than that, Where's the best place to start, and is there an IRC?

                                              __________________

                                              I'm ASM
                                              My Youtube channel
                                              Chain correctly in 4th gen Click here

                                                #23850    
                                              Old February 14th, 2013 (8:25 AM).
                                              FBI's Avatar
                                              FBI FBI is offline
                                              Free supporter
                                              • Silver Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2013
                                              Location: Unknown Island
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 1,770

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                              I did make a new map...

                                              on my new maps mapscript
                                              under "On entering map/on menu close [05]"
                                              ive got:

                                              Spoiler:
                                              #org 0x8800800
                                              '-----------------------------------
                                              countpokemon
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if == call 0x8800810 ' Equal To
                                              end

                                              #org 0x8800810
                                              '-----------------------------------
                                              msgbox 0x8800900 ' OAK: Have you caught...
                                              callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                                              closemsg
                                              special 0xCE
                                              special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
                                              setvar 0x4055 0x3
                                              warp 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x4 0x2
                                              end

                                              #org 0x8800900
                                              = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nCome back so we can see.

                                              its supposed to end the game after any battle where you caught a pokemon... because you would have 0 pokemon going in... then you should have 1 pokemon after the battle, so when it checks... it should play that event and give end the game... but instead... after any battle... it goes black ;(

                                              UPDATE:
                                              I used the "countpokemon" code in the exact same fashion while making the person stay in the event (if they get kicked out by the step counter)

                                              Spoiler:
                                              #org 0x8801000
                                              '-----------------------------------
                                              countpokemon
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if >= call 0x816D2F2 ' Larger Than or Equal To
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                              if == call 0x88009B0 ' Equal To
                                              end

                                              #org 0x816D2F2
                                              '-----------------------------------
                                              lockall
                                              textcolor BLUE
                                              msgbox 0x8197E85 ' Did you catch your f...
                                              callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                                              closemsg
                                              applymovement PLAYER 0x816D362 ' walk_down walk_down ...
                                              pauseevent 0x0
                                              special 0xCE
                                              setvar 0x406E 0x0
                                              releaseall
                                              end

                                              #org 0x88009B0
                                              '-----------------------------------
                                              lockall
                                              textcolor BLUE
                                              msgbox 0x88009F0 ' OAK: Have you caught...
                                              callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                                              closemsg
                                              applymovement PLAYER 0x88009E0 ' walk_up end
                                              pauseevent 0x0
                                              special 0xCD
                                              setvar 0x406E 0x2
                                              warp 0x4 0x6 0xFF 0x19 0x1C
                                              releaseall
                                              end

                                              #org 0x8197E85
                                              = Did you catch your fair share?\nCome again!

                                              #org 0x88009F0
                                              = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nGet back in there...

                                              #org 0x816D362
                                              M walk_down walk_down end

                                              #org 0x88009E0
                                              M walk_up end

                                              and it worked perfectly... (even tested by actually playing the safari game and that way ends correctly too)

                                              so y am I getting a black screen when I count in my lil safarigame...

                                              counting to 0 works I guess cause it lets you keep playing if you run or chase off a poke... but if you count to 1 it glitches up...

                                              UPDATE2:

                                              it works without the message box script... so if oak doesnt call me to tell me to come back I randomely warp back with my poke...

                                              that sux

                                              Try using a different type of level script? Use 02 or 04, I think the message will work then. Don't forget to set a flag to disable to script in the end (if you want to reuse that map).

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by FroggestSpirit View Post
                                              Hello, I came here from the GBC hacking, because I had the idea of patching Pokemon Crystal to have up to 512 pokemon. I'm pretty fluent in using a GB debugger, and know GB ASM well, as i've done quite a few things with it. I figured that It'd be more beneficial to come here, and work off of FireRed. It sounds like this 649 patch is kind of what I wanted to do, so that's great. Other than that, Where's the best place to start, and is there an IRC?

                                              The best place to start is by identifying what it is you'd like to do. There's a lot of aspects for hacking and some of them are vastly different than others. If you enjoyed analyzing data and making routines, then you can start with scripting and later move on to ASM. If you're switching over to Fire Red for a graphic update, mapping/tile inserting to graphic editing might be where you want to start.

                                              The tutorial section is a good place to being for any of these, make sure to use the search function to easily find what you're looking for. As for an IRC, I think PC has one, but I've never gotten it to work (not sure if ****** code or some sorta failure on my part). Maybe you'll have more luck :P

                                              __________________

                                              ...

                                              Closed Thread
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:34 PM.