ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2013 (10:03 PM).

Nature: Adamant
    What about the testing question?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
    When you use an hm move, the script checks for the appropriate badge flag before continuing. Remove this check and it will work like a charm.

1)I would assume so. I have skimmed through Chaos Rush's attack animations and I didn't see anything about an end command or such.
    2)That is because your .ini file does not have the appropriate line. Tell me what game you are using and I will tell you the line to add.

Once your ini is set up, build your own animation from Chaos Rush's tutorial. Then you can just change the pointer in PGE to go to the offset at which you placed said attack animation in your rom.

1)This is a fun topic. I'm going to tell you this, you have no control unless you know ASM. What releases the dogs is a special in the script when you place the ruby and sapphire in the machine on One Island. However, in JPAN's hacked engine, he included a way to create roaming Pokemon. Download v1.1 of his hack and look through the documentation for instructions.

2)I though the form was specific to the game... Let me look into this as the last time I thought about these forms was before I started hacking:p.

Edit: After a quick look an Serebii, this is the case. Deoxys forms are specific to the game and will change when traded to the sppropriate form in that game. So, unless you can figure out how to do form changes (Jambo51 did it, however it required 30-40 seperate ASM routines and he does NOT plan on releasing it anytime soon, so don't bug him, we want him to stay:p) you're stuck with a single form. Sorry.

Edit for 95gemello7:

Here is a quote from Chaos' tutorial, it tells how to find the end, I must have missed it:

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 12th, 2013 (11:13 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by LocksmithArmy.
    Mew!

Quote:

2)I though the form was specific to the game... Let me look into this as the last time I thought about these forms was before I started hacking:p.

Edit: After a quick look an Serebii, this is the case. Deoxys forms are specific to the game and will change when traded to the sppropriate form in that game. So, unless you can figure out how to do form changes (Jambo51 did it, however it required 30-40 seperate ASM routines and he does NOT plan on releasing it anytime soon, so don't bug him, we want him to stay:p) you're stuck with a single form. Sorry.
      I have to dissagree... if you want BOTH forms... simply add a second Deoxis to the game... in the other form... there are plenty of ways to add pokemon to the roster... and his stats and pic are already there...

I considered doing this for my hack...

after you beat the elite four you can go fight deosis again and catch his second form
      it would just take a flag check to decide which one you fight, and at the end of the second e4 fight have it check that flag...

id like it to alternate... every time you beat the e4 it swapps... thatd be a fun code.

by add, I mean add to the pokedex...
      Old February 13th, 2013 (3:33 AM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by karatekid552.
      What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
        is there a gba tool that lets you flip flags in a game sav... like a sav editor of sorts...

it would be a handy tool...
        From what I have heard, a save editor for gba is close to impossible because the save file is split up into 16 blocks and shifted around.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
        What about the testing question?
        Testing question? I don't know what you are talking about... Sorry.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
        I have to dissagree... if you want BOTH forms... simply add a second Deoxis to the game... in the other form... there are plenty of ways to add pokemon to the roster... and his stats and pic are already there...

I considered doing this for my hack...

after you beat the elite four you can go fight deosis again and catch his second form
        it would just take a flag check to decide which one you fight, and at the end of the second e4 fight have it check that flag...

id like it to alternate... every time you beat the e4 it swapps... thatd be a fun code.

by add, I mean add to the pokedex...
        That is a way of doing, but it isn't truly forms and you would have to remove another Pokemon from your game in order to add in said form. Unless you know how to extend the pokedex.....

For making both deoxys battle you, (this was a much earlier question I neglected) yes you could have them both come down and battle you. Just have two sprites hidden on screen, then show one, have it move in on you, battle, and disappear. Then do the same with the second one.

Paired with Simba
        Old February 13th, 2013 (4:39 AM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by 95gemello7.
        MrGarroz

Nature: Serious
          Quote:
          So then it won't work the way I thought, oh well, at least Chaos left the instructions on how to do it.

Add this line to the end of the BPRE section in the .ini file:

AttackAnimationTable=&H1C68F4

edit: Remember that some attacks share animations, so if you want them all in order, you will have to copy and paste some of them.
          Thank you a lot for the line!!
          About attacks' animations... I didn't know this thing... I supposed that every attack's animation was complete... Could you give me an example of one of these moves, please?

There's another problem...
          I just tried to change "Pound" 's animation pointer with "Karate Chop" 's in Attack Editor, but it doesn't work... What am I supposed to do..? I tried to find the answer to this question in the forum, but I haven't found anything...
          I'm sorry if I'm annoing you...
          Old February 13th, 2013 (12:04 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
            Thank you a lot for the line!!
            About attacks' animations... I didn't know this thing... I supposed that every attack's animation was complete... Could you give me an example of one of these moves, please?

There's another problem...
            I just tried to change "Pound" 's animation pointer with "Karate Chop" 's in Attack Editor, but it doesn't work... What am I supposed to do..? I tried to find the answer to this question in the forum, but I haven't found anything...
            I'm sorry if I'm annoing you...
            I believe sky uppercut and seismic toss use the same animation. This is the only example I can think of.

Are they both pointers? I have done it with a hex editor before and it works fine, but since I learned of how to do it in PGE, I actually haven't tried it. Open up that same rom again and see if the changes you made are still there. You may have just neglected to save.

I will never be annoyed by an honest question. As long as you don't ask me to do I for you, I am happy to answer any question!;p

Paired with Simba
            Old February 13th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
            MrGarroz

Nature: Serious
              Quote:
              I believe sky uppercut and seismic toss use the same animation. This is the only example I can think of.

Are they both pointers? I have done it with a hex editor before and it works fine, but since I learned of how to do it in PGE, I actually haven't tried it. Open up that same rom again and see if the changes you made are still there. You may have just neglected to save.

I will never be annoyed by an honest question. As long as you don't ask me to do I for you, I am happy to answer any question!;p
              Do you mean the same background?

Well, I think that they aren't exactly pointers, 'cause pound's pointer is 346F1C08, but in Attack Editor it is typed as 1C6F34... By the way, i replaced this pound's "pointer" with karate chop's pointer (1CFCEA), but when I opened the game to see the change, pound still had its originally animation... Nothing changed... As you said I checked and changes was still there... I'm just at the beginning and this hack is already making me crazy!

Thank you, for real! I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I just want to learn step by step how to do decently an hack!
              Old February 13th, 2013 (1:10 PM).
              paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
                Have you saved correctly the file in the hexeditor?
                If you use HexEditorMX, you must do Save As -> Name of original file -> overwrite

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
                Old February 13th, 2013 (1:39 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
                  Do you mean the same background?

Well, I think that they aren't exactly pointers, 'cause pound's pointer is 346F1C08, but in Attack Editor it is typed as 1C6F34... By the way, i replaced this pound's "pointer" with karate chop's pointer (1CFCEA), but when I opened the game to see the change, pound still had its originally animation... Nothing changed... As you said I checked and changes was still there... I'm just at the beginning and this hack is already making me crazy!

Thank you, for real! I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I just want to learn step by step how to do decently an hack!
                  I mean the exact same animation. Wait, it wasn't sky uppercut, for that one, but I know they exist:p

Pointers are a fun little things. In a hex editor they look like CZ BY AX 08, but regularly they are AX BY CZ. It should be working, as you do have pointers, so I don't quite understand why it wouldn't. Try opening up a hex editor and doing it manually.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LegacyHo-oh View Post
                  Im hacking pokemon emerald. How do i make a new evolution stone.
                  I have made a tutorial for this, and I am going to submit it today, here is my raw tutorial that I just finished on Word.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1UEZ4V-MULRChTsHLR6hcSnCn_g9gTOqQGtUh9vzCOZqGX6PJXZiICDRR7lM_/edit?usp=sharing

Paired with Simba
                  Old February 13th, 2013 (2:10 PM).

How do you test specific maps? If I edit one map is there an easy way to jump to it for testing?

Quote:
                    From what I have heard, a save editor for gba is close to impossible because the save file is split up into 16 blocks and shifted around.

Testing question? I don't know what you are talking about... Sorry.

That is a way of doing, but it isn't truly forms and you would have to remove another Pokemon from your game in order to add in said form. Unless you know how to extend the pokedex.....

For making both deoxys battle you, (this was a much earlier question I neglected) yes you could have them both come down and battle you. Just have two sprites hidden on screen, then show one, have it move in on you, battle, and disappear. Then do the same with the second one.
                    Old February 13th, 2013 (3:18 PM).
                    Free supporter
                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
                    How do you test specific maps? If I edit one map is there an easy way to jump to it for testing?
                    You can just have a temporary warp there to test the map.
                    Old February 13th, 2013 (3:34 PM).

OK! Thanks well thanks so much!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                      You can just have a temporary warp there to test the map.
                      Old February 13th, 2013 (3:45 PM).
                      Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
                        I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.
                        Old February 13th, 2013 (3:54 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
                          I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.
                          Just search for adding Pokemon.

You can do it fairly self-explanatory by using YAPE and Wichu's Sprite Editor. You just need to replace an old Pokemon you don't like. You can get the stats from Bulbapedia and gen IV sprites are complete in Chaos Rush's DS styled 64x64 sprite resource.

The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....

Paired with Simba
                          Old February 13th, 2013 (3:56 PM).

Quote:

The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....
                            That's what I wanted to do, actually...
                            Old February 13th, 2013 (3:59 PM).

Quote:
                              That's what I wanted to do, actually...
                              Several have succeeded... But I don't think anyone has posted how. If you can wait a while, Jambo is getting ever closer to completing his 649 patch which will have all Pokemon up to BW.

Paired with Simba
                              Old February 13th, 2013 (4:02 PM).

Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.
                                Old February 13th, 2013 (4:06 PM).

Quote:
                                  Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.
                                  For those, just replace three crappy Pokemon and use the pokedex order tool in PGE to reorder the pokedex. There are plenty of, "What was Game Freak thinking?!?" Pokemon to get rid of:D

Paired with Simba
                                  Old February 13th, 2013 (4:25 PM).
                                  Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
                                    Anyone has an idea why whenever I open XSE 1.1.1 on my PC, it automatically closes like 2 seconds after i get the main window of it?
                                    Old February 13th, 2013 (4:39 PM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
                                      Anyone has an idea why whenever I open XSE 1.1.1 on my PC, it automatically closes like 2 seconds after i get the main window of it?
                                      Open the .ini, make autoupdatecheck=0.

If it doesn't exist, add it under the [options] section.

Paired with Simba
                                      Old February 13th, 2013 (5:33 PM).
                                      The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                                      The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

A friend of mine told me i am able to insert bw sprites into firered and leafgreen, and im making a hack, am i able to do that even with the size difference, if so how? D:

Old February 13th, 2013 (6:11 PM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                                          A friend of mine told me i am able to insert bw sprites into firered and leafgreen, and im making a hack, am i able to do that even with the size difference, if so how? D:
                                          You have to shrink them, or wait for Chaos Rush to do it. Check out his DS Styled 64x64 Sprite Resource.

Paired with Simba
                                          Old February 13th, 2013 (6:22 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D.
                                          The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                                          The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

do you have a link to them?

Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?

Old February 13th, 2013 (7:05 PM).
                                            The Booze Cruise

How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?
                                              Old February 13th, 2013 (7:16 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                                              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                                                do you have a link to them?

Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?
                                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

Patcience.... Lots and lots of it. I use GIMP and what I do is shrink the image down to an appropriate size, then make corrections until it looks good.

I believe Chaos draws many of them from scratch, though it takes some true talent to do that, I could never get a sprite to look remotely good from scratch.

Edit: Chaos, if you see this, I am not kissing up to you. I dunno how I made it on as I can't draw to save my life, so I do mean it.

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
                                                How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?
                                                Just to say, I didn't ignore you earlier, I just don't know. There is a thread around here somewhere dealing with removing the intro. If you go back a bunch of pages in this thread, someone asked about removing the intro and got a bunch of links. (December, maybe? I know if happened, or was it the Script help thread... It's in one of them:D) Some of them might be useful.

You could also make it a choice between two guys, that would be the easiest.

Paired with Simba
                                                Old February 13th, 2013 (7:58 PM).
                                                The Booze Cruise

Okay, i'll look back through/search the thread. Do you know how to change both options to "Boy"? Both methods are acceptable, so if you could give me some pointers on doing the double-Boy option, that'd be great!
                                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply