• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Next "Seasons"

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Random Weather systems? Already have a thought of that. Every hour, There is a +50% for the weather of a city or route to be clear, while the other percentages is shared with other weather systemsand the possibilities of the weather changes depending on season and the time of day whether it is day or night. Imagine it like this. It is spring and a route has a possibility to rain of 40% while 60% has a possibility of clear weather. During summer, the same route will have an additional weather system harsh sun and has a possibilty to occur of 10% during the day. There is also 20% chance to rain (30% during the night) and 70% chance of clear weather.

This idea is great. It will make desert routes not only have sandstorms, but also harsh sun since a desert is known to have very hot temperature during the day.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Random Weather systems? Already have a thought of that. Every hour, There is a +50% for the weather of a city or route to be clear, while the other percentages is shared with other weather systemsand the possibilities of the weather changes depending on season and the time of day whether it is day or night. Imagine it like this. It is spring and a route has a possibility to rain of 40% while 60% has a possibility of clear weather. During summer, the same route will have an additional weather system harsh sun and has a possibilty to occur of 10% during the day. There is also 20% chance to rain (30% during the night) and 70% chance of clear weather.

This idea is great. It will make desert routes not only have sandstorms, but also harsh sun since a desert is known to have very hot temperature during the day.

Still on the last point, what kind of Pokemon could appear? You wouldn't really find Chlorophyll mons in the desert considering they're p much all grass. :x

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be great if there was a random weather effects set for any place. But I'm not sure if it will, since Generation V did have different weather effects already set for towns, but it was either mainly clear, rain or snow (if winter).

Years
If Christmas is offensive, change it to Arceusmas. XD

I think weather would be cool but I think it'd be kinda unfair if it's connected to real life because what if you live in a place that never gets snow but you can only get certain Pokemon in snow... That kind of thing. I just think it's best to keep it to in-game. Maybe certain cities or routes can have certain weather on certain days or months.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Weather based on location is a nice idea, but probably wouldn't work in practice because some people might NEVER see Pokemon based on certain types of weather (such as snow or something). It'd be a neat feature though in one place where all the Pokemon where static. I am curious to see what they change up with the Seasons.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Man, I really hope that the game has holidays! I'm not sure how the game would be able to correspond with the weather outside, but that would be really cool as well. If it doesn't then that's fine with me. I like the seasons as they are on the predecessor games anyway.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
new weather battle conditions?

i'm thinking one that makes it dark, possibly lowering accuracy of most pokemon and benefiting some dark moves.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Bringing back the Fog back from Generation 4 and actually making it a weather condition you can utilize in battle would be really neat. Especially if they make a new ability in which certain Pokemon aren't affected by the thick fog or benefit from it.

Another one could possibly be windy? Could be an interesting niche for flying type pokemon/moves.

Last edited:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Bringing back the Fog back from Generation 5 and actually making it a weather condition you can utilize in battle would be really neat. Especially if they make a new ability in which certain Pokemon aren't affected by the thick fog or benefit from it.

Another one could possibly be windy? Could be an interesting niche for flying type pokemon/moves.

oops, forgot about fog already being a weather, is there really no move or ability that summons it yet though?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nope. There are some effects of it (lower accuracy, Weather Ball being double damage, etc) and defog can be used to clear it, but other than that if you're not on the route it's on there is no way to summon Fog onto the field. And really only Castform benefits from it with its Weather Ball. So it's kind of a weather condition they just threw out. But while it was annoying to battle in if you didn't have defog on you I think it would be an interesting twist if a Pokemon can summon it in battle and use it to their advantage.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Maybe a Galestorm weather effect that makes flying types faster and stronger, but also lowering accuracy as attacks can miss more due to Pokemon being blown off course.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I ran in here to say Acid Rain like I always have but I was beat to the punch. Hmmm. Lighting would be an awesome effect. Randomly striking pokemon from both teams, and could be cleverly used to benefit certain pokémon.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh yes! I would love to see a new weather condition in battle! How about Smoke? It spreads through the entire battlefield and lowers Pokémon's accuracy as well as make them lose HP gradually from asphyxiation. Only Poison-type Pokémon are immune to taking damage from the asphyxiation. Normally would occur in areas with bushfires (or so I mean "wildfires"). And if there's a move that would cause this, It would be nice to have a move called "Smoke"

And what about Thunderstorm? That has been seen outside of battle, but it hasn't become a real weather effect in battle as of yet. It would be nice to see something like this, lightning strikes the Pokémon each turn, but Electric-type Pokémon are immune to the effects of Thunderstorm. And what if there's a move that causes it called "Thunderstorm"? That would be so cool. ;)

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I can't see them creating a move where pokémon set fire to nearby bushes and blow smoke in the direction of their enemies, myself.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Aha, two people beat me to Acid Rain. Also that Galestorm idea is awesome.

Do you guys consider those Room moves "weather"? I think a Room where they benefited/deducted the attack stats would be cool. Or switched them, or something I dunno lol.

Faore

:D
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
It'd be cool if they put like windy weather there. It can lower accuracy of attacks but can also put up damage of gust or other moves that use the wind.

Years
Aha, two people beat me to Acid Rain. Also that Galestorm idea is awesome.

Do you guys consider those Room moves "weather"? I think a Room where they benefited/deducted the attack stats would be cool. Or switched them, or something I dunno lol.
You mean like Trick Room? Nah, they aren't really weather even though there's not much differentiating them from weather moves. If they would consider adding new type-enhancing moves or effects I'd hope they wouldn't limit it to weather though and possibly include some kind of 'room'-like move for those types who don't have obvious weather counterparts. You know, like some kind of "spooky ambiance" effect which would be good for ghosts. That's if they're going to add more weather-ish moves in the first place, which I don't think they need to do.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If they were to add a new feature into the game to increase immersion my main hope would be that...

They create a system where npcs actually travel and are in different places at different times of the day and on different days of the week. Npcs that have places to go and not just walk back and forth on a path forever. Npcs that have their own problems and goals. (Kind of like in Xenoblade Chronicles where certain npcs had relationships and their own sidequest stories to follow)

If they can put that into Harvest Moon games from years and years ago they can do it in this game.

Back