The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23676    
Old February 14th, 2013 (4:06 AM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
What happens if I push it?....
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 1,766
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
    thanks... I found the "search this thread" function

    but im fairly certain this one is NOT in this thread:

    I need a way to make the safari game NOT end... then a way to make it end again...

    for example...
    I am making a "catch your starting pokemon" event... where you go into a safari zone game... and catch a pokemon... then immediately after you catch that poke the game ends... yay

    but by going into the Safari Zone game.. you get that step counter... so if someone were to hang around and NOT catch something till that timer ran out... they would be teleported to the REAL safari zone and end up in fuscha city with no pokemon...

    so I need to turn the step counter off for just that game... then for all other safari games (you can only get into this area one time) the step counter should be on...
    Better idea, run a check to make sure the player has a Pokemon after the safari game. If not, send him back in!

    Also, the above question I believe you need to give the player the national pokedex.
    __________________

    Paired with Simba
      #23677    
    Old February 14th, 2013 (4:28 AM).
    LocksmithArmy's Avatar
    LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
    Mew!
       
      Join Date: Feb 2013
      Age: 29
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 415
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
      Better idea, run a check to make sure the player has a Pokemon after the safari game. If not, send him back in!

      Also, the above question I believe you need to give the player the national pokedex.
      I would run a check but I cant edit the way the safari zone ends...

      I may be able to edit the real exit mapscript... that may do it...

      I dont know how to check for pokemon...
      I tried countpokemon... but it turns the map black

      I was using the countpokemon check to end my mini game (after each battle) but that is wrong... what command checks how many pokes you have in your belt?
      __________________
        #23678    
      Old February 14th, 2013 (4:45 AM).
      FBI's Avatar
      FBI FBI is offline
      Free supporter
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Location: Unknown Island
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,866
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
      I would run a check but I cant edit the way the safari zone ends...

      I may be able to edit the real exit mapscript... that may do it...

      I dont know how to check for pokemon...
      I tried countpokemon... but it turns the map black

      I was using the countpokemon check to end my mini game (after each battle) but that is wrong... what command checks how many pokes you have in your belt?
      It is countpokemon, if you're using PKSV. Also, you're going about it the wrong way. If you want a custom safari zone without a counter make a new map, don't bother trying to edit the existing routine.
      __________________
      ...
        #23679    
      Old February 14th, 2013 (4:54 AM). Edited February 14th, 2013 by LocksmithArmy.
      LocksmithArmy's Avatar
      LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
      Mew!
         
        Join Date: Feb 2013
        Age: 29
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 415
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
        It is countpokemon, if you're using PKSV. Also, you're going about it the wrong way. If you want a custom safari zone without a counter make a new map, don't bother trying to edit the existing routine.
        I did make a new map...

        on my new maps mapscript
        under "On entering map/on menu close [05]"
        ive got:
        Spoiler:
        #org 0x8800800
        '-----------------------------------
        countpokemon
        compare LASTRESULT 0x1
        if == call 0x8800810 ' Equal To
        end

        #org 0x8800810
        '-----------------------------------
        msgbox 0x8800900 ' OAK: Have you caught...
        callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
        closemsg
        special 0xCE
        special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
        setvar 0x4055 0x3
        warp 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x4 0x2
        end


        #org 0x8800900
        = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nCome back so we can see.


        its supposed to end the game after any battle where you caught a pokemon... because you would have 0 pokemon going in... then you should have 1 pokemon after the battle, so when it checks... it should play that event and give end the game... but instead... after any battle... it goes black ;(

        UPDATE:
        I used the "countpokemon" code in the exact same fashion while making the person stay in the event (if they get kicked out by the step counter)

        Spoiler:
        #org 0x8801000
        '-----------------------------------
        countpokemon
        compare LASTRESULT 0x1
        if >= call 0x816D2F2 ' Larger Than or Equal To
        compare LASTRESULT 0x0
        if == call 0x88009B0 ' Equal To
        end

        #org 0x816D2F2
        '-----------------------------------
        lockall
        textcolor BLUE
        msgbox 0x8197E85 ' Did you catch your f...
        callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
        closemsg
        applymovement PLAYER 0x816D362 ' walk_down walk_down ...
        pauseevent 0x0
        special 0xCE
        setvar 0x406E 0x0
        releaseall
        end

        #org 0x88009B0
        '-----------------------------------
        lockall
        textcolor BLUE
        msgbox 0x88009F0 ' OAK: Have you caught...
        callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
        closemsg
        applymovement PLAYER 0x88009E0 ' walk_up end
        pauseevent 0x0
        special 0xCD
        setvar 0x406E 0x2
        warp 0x4 0x6 0xFF 0x19 0x1C
        releaseall
        end


        #org 0x8197E85
        = Did you catch your fair share?\nCome again!

        #org 0x88009F0
        = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nGet back in there...

        #org 0x816D362
        M walk_down walk_down end

        #org 0x88009E0
        M walk_up end


        and it worked perfectly... (even tested by actually playing the safari game and that way ends correctly too)

        so y am I getting a black screen when I count in my lil safarigame...

        counting to 0 works I guess cause it lets you keep playing if you run or chase off a poke... but if you count to 1 it glitches up...

        UPDATE2:

        it works without the message box script... so if oak doesnt call me to tell me to come back I randomely warp back with my poke...

        that sux
        __________________
          #23680    
        Old February 14th, 2013 (4:58 AM).
        FroggestSpirit's Avatar
        FroggestSpirit FroggestSpirit is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2012
          Posts: 18
          Hello, I came here from the GBC hacking, because I had the idea of patching Pokemon Crystal to have up to 512 pokemon. I'm pretty fluent in using a GB debugger, and know GB ASM well, as i've done quite a few things with it. I figured that It'd be more beneficial to come here, and work off of FireRed. It sounds like this 649 patch is kind of what I wanted to do, so that's great. Other than that, Where's the best place to start, and is there an IRC?
          __________________
          I'm ASM
          My Youtube channel
          Chain correctly in 4th gen Click here
            #23681    
          Old February 14th, 2013 (8:25 AM).
          FBI's Avatar
          FBI FBI is offline
          Free supporter
           
          Join Date: Jan 2013
          Location: Unknown Island
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,866
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
          I did make a new map...

          on my new maps mapscript
          under "On entering map/on menu close [05]"
          ive got:
          Spoiler:
          #org 0x8800800
          '-----------------------------------
          countpokemon
          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
          if == call 0x8800810 ' Equal To
          end

          #org 0x8800810
          '-----------------------------------
          msgbox 0x8800900 ' OAK: Have you caught...
          callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
          closemsg
          special 0xCE
          special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
          setvar 0x4055 0x3
          warp 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x4 0x2
          end


          #org 0x8800900
          = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nCome back so we can see.


          its supposed to end the game after any battle where you caught a pokemon... because you would have 0 pokemon going in... then you should have 1 pokemon after the battle, so when it checks... it should play that event and give end the game... but instead... after any battle... it goes black ;(

          UPDATE:
          I used the "countpokemon" code in the exact same fashion while making the person stay in the event (if they get kicked out by the step counter)

          Spoiler:
          #org 0x8801000
          '-----------------------------------
          countpokemon
          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
          if >= call 0x816D2F2 ' Larger Than or Equal To
          compare LASTRESULT 0x0
          if == call 0x88009B0 ' Equal To
          end

          #org 0x816D2F2
          '-----------------------------------
          lockall
          textcolor BLUE
          msgbox 0x8197E85 ' Did you catch your f...
          callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
          closemsg
          applymovement PLAYER 0x816D362 ' walk_down walk_down ...
          pauseevent 0x0
          special 0xCE
          setvar 0x406E 0x0
          releaseall
          end

          #org 0x88009B0
          '-----------------------------------
          lockall
          textcolor BLUE
          msgbox 0x88009F0 ' OAK: Have you caught...
          callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
          closemsg
          applymovement PLAYER 0x88009E0 ' walk_up end
          pauseevent 0x0
          special 0xCD
          setvar 0x406E 0x2
          warp 0x4 0x6 0xFF 0x19 0x1C
          releaseall
          end


          #org 0x8197E85
          = Did you catch your fair share?\nCome again!

          #org 0x88009F0
          = OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nGet back in there...

          #org 0x816D362
          M walk_down walk_down end

          #org 0x88009E0
          M walk_up end


          and it worked perfectly... (even tested by actually playing the safari game and that way ends correctly too)

          so y am I getting a black screen when I count in my lil safarigame...

          counting to 0 works I guess cause it lets you keep playing if you run or chase off a poke... but if you count to 1 it glitches up...

          UPDATE2:

          it works without the message box script... so if oak doesnt call me to tell me to come back I randomely warp back with my poke...

          that sux
          Try using a different type of level script? Use 02 or 04, I think the message will work then. Don't forget to set a flag to disable to script in the end (if you want to reuse that map).

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by FroggestSpirit View Post
          Hello, I came here from the GBC hacking, because I had the idea of patching Pokemon Crystal to have up to 512 pokemon. I'm pretty fluent in using a GB debugger, and know GB ASM well, as i've done quite a few things with it. I figured that It'd be more beneficial to come here, and work off of FireRed. It sounds like this 649 patch is kind of what I wanted to do, so that's great. Other than that, Where's the best place to start, and is there an IRC?
          The best place to start is by identifying what it is you'd like to do. There's a lot of aspects for hacking and some of them are vastly different than others. If you enjoyed analyzing data and making routines, then you can start with scripting and later move on to ASM. If you're switching over to Fire Red for a graphic update, mapping/tile inserting to graphic editing might be where you want to start.

          The tutorial section is a good place to being for any of these, make sure to use the search function to easily find what you're looking for. As for an IRC, I think PC has one, but I've never gotten it to work (not sure if ****** code or some sorta failure on my part). Maybe you'll have more luck :P
          __________________
          ...
            #23682    
          Old February 14th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
          95gemello7's Avatar
          95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
          MrGarroz
             
            Join Date: Sep 2012
            Location: Italy
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 20
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
            I mean the exact same animation. Wait, it wasn't sky uppercut, for that one, but I know they exist:p

            Pointers are a fun little things. In a hex editor they look like CZ BY AX 08, but regularly they are AX BY CZ. It should be working, as you do have pointers, so I don't quite understand why it wouldn't. Try opening up a hex editor and doing it manually.
            Yes, I knew how pointers work... And how can I change animations using an Hex Editor? I'm still wondering why changing the pointer in Attack Editor doesn't work...
            __________________
            MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
            MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
              #23683    
            Old February 14th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
            karatekid552's Avatar
            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
            What happens if I push it?....
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 1,766
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
              Yes, I knew how pointers work... And how can I change animations using an Hex Editor? I'm still wondering why changing the pointer in Attack Editor doesn't work...
              Go to the pointer table and change the pointer manually. So, follow Chaos Rush's tutorial where he second post on it was Gamer2020 saying that it could be done in PGE but he hadn't released it yet.
              __________________

              Paired with Simba
                #23684    
              Old February 14th, 2013 (1:05 PM). Edited February 14th, 2013 by 95gemello7.
              95gemello7's Avatar
              95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
              MrGarroz
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2012
                Location: Italy
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 20
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                Go to the pointer table and change the pointer manually. So, follow Chaos Rush's tutorial where he second post on it was Gamer2020 saying that it could be done in PGE but he hadn't released it yet.
                I'm confused... I just tried to do this thing...
                First: I tried another time to change the pointer in PGE...
                I went to Pound's table.
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/01_zps6c3489de.png
                Then I went to Mega Punch's table.
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/02_zpsc035aa34.png
                I changed Pound's pointer with Mega Punch's, repointed and saved.
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/03_zps3115b3d6.png
                When I tried it on my rom, it didn't work.
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/05_zpsce67b360.png

                After this fail, I did this: I went to Pound's animation pointer in my hex editor.
                I found it and Mega Punch's animation.
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/06_zps82e45420.png
                Then I swapped these two pointers.
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/07_zps5f9d65fc.png
                And... It worked!
                http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/08_zpsdc48812b.png

                BUT MY REAL QUESTION IS: why? Wasn't the first way correct and easier?
                __________________
                MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
                MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
                  #23685    
                Old February 14th, 2013 (1:23 PM).
                karatekid552's Avatar
                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                What happens if I push it?....
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 1,766
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
                  I'm confused... I just tried to do this thing...
                  First: I tried another time to change the pointer in PGE...
                  I went to Pound's table.
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/01_zps6c3489de.png
                  Then I went to Mega Punch's table.
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/02_zpsc035aa34.png
                  I changed Pound's pointer with Mega Punch's, repointed and saved.
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/03_zps3115b3d6.png
                  When I tried it on my rom, it didn't work.
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/05_zpsce67b360.png

                  After this fail, I did this: I went to Pound's animation pointer in my hex editor.
                  I found it and Mega Punch's animation.
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/06_zps82e45420.png
                  Then I swapped these two pointers.
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/07_zps5f9d65fc.png
                  And... It worked!
                  http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/95gemello7/08_zpsdc48812b.png

                  BUT MY REAL QUESTION IS: why? Wasn't the first way correct and easier?
                  I have no clue. The second way, you were guaranteed results as you did it manually. I want you to try something. Make an edit in PGE and close it. Then open up the hex editor and see if the change was made to the rom. No matter the result, go back into to PGE and verify that the change was made.

                  My feeling is that PGE isn't editing the rom...

                  Edit: Next time you use pictures, use [img] tags so that I don't have to follow the links. It makes it much easier for me or anyone to view. Photobucket actually gives you the [img] tagged links in its sharing box.
                  __________________

                  Paired with Simba
                    #23686    
                  Old February 14th, 2013 (1:37 PM).
                  LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                  LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                  Mew!
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2013
                    Age: 29
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 415
                    just wanted to thank everyone for the help... I altered a bit from my original plan... but now in my hack you can pick from the 3 starters OR talk to oak without choosing one and get an option to catch your own starter pokemon... its awesome
                    __________________
                      #23687    
                    Old February 14th, 2013 (1:40 PM).
                    karatekid552's Avatar
                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                    What happens if I push it?....
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 1,766
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                      just wanted to thank everyone for the help... I altered a bit from my original plan... but now in my hack you can pick from the 3 starters OR talk to oak without choosing one and get an option to catch your own starter pokemon... its awesome
                      That is great, you're welcome!!! Did you ever solve the disappearing legendary dogs problem?
                      __________________

                      Paired with Simba
                        #23688    
                      Old February 14th, 2013 (1:55 PM).
                      LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                      LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                      Mew!
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2013
                        Age: 29
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 415
                        I believe I did... but then again... ive said that before... so... only a ton of testers playing through it will tell ;)
                        __________________
                          #23689    
                        Old February 14th, 2013 (7:59 PM).
                        The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                        The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2010
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 361
                          Is there a guide on how to use shinyzer
                          __________________
                          Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.
                          Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!


                            #23690    
                          Old February 14th, 2013 (9:34 PM).
                          Omega Zero's Avatar
                          Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
                          Is back...
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2009
                          Location: I'm always living aren't I?
                          Age: 20
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 445
                          Would anyone happen to have the DP instruments in .wav file?
                          __________________
                            #23691    
                          Old February 15th, 2013 (2:41 AM).
                          Demon_Fox Demon_Fox is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2007
                            Location: New Zealand
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 6
                            Hi I just started using Jpan's Hacked engine (the tool version). I was wondering if anybody has come across a glitch after using the hack tool to add the extra OWs. When the hero uses surf and has a battle the sprite is all messed up until you leave the map. At first I thought I had messed it up somehow, but I tried it on a fresh rom and it has the same result.

                            In addition it also resets the game anytime you go near the old man who needs coffee (unless you change his sprite in Advanced Map).

                            Any help would be awesome.
                              #23692    
                            Old February 15th, 2013 (3:39 AM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                            karatekid552's Avatar
                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                            What happens if I push it?....
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 1,766
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                              Is there a guide on how to use shinyzer
                              It's extremely simple, if you can figure it out:D After you use use it in your rom by attaching it to some free space, just set var 8003 to any number you like in a script. This number is number of shiny encounters you will have in a row, be it wild or trainer Pokemon.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Demon_Fox View Post
                              Hi I just started using Jpan's Hacked engine (the tool version). I was wondering if anybody has come across a glitch after using the hack tool to add the extra OWs. When the hero uses surf and has a battle the sprite is all messed up until you leave the map. At first I thought I had messed it up somehow, but I tried it on a fresh rom and it has the same result.

                              In addition it also resets the game anytime you go near the old man who needs coffee (unless you change his sprite in Advanced Map).

                              Any help would be awesome.
                              I know that the hidden movement option number 1 in FireRed always causes a crash for me but I have also seen it where missing or corrupt OWs will cause crashing too. Check in NSE classic to make sure his sprite and pallets are intact after the move.

                              When you say it is messed up until you leave the map, that could be that the rom just needed to refresh itself, especially if you had a save file, which is essentially, a back-up of the important ram data. So, by warping, you refresh the locations and data of almost everything. The location of the battle sprits most likely was moved, and therefore, the game up was unable to recognize it until, the ram was refreshed.
                              __________________

                              Paired with Simba
                                #23693    
                              Old February 15th, 2013 (4:52 AM).
                              Jambo51's Avatar
                              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                              Glory To Arstotzka
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 732
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Demon_Fox View Post
                                Hi I just started using Jpan's Hacked engine (the tool version). I was wondering if anybody has come across a glitch after using the hack tool to add the extra OWs. When the hero uses surf and has a battle the sprite is all messed up until you leave the map. At first I thought I had messed it up somehow, but I tried it on a fresh rom and it has the same result.

                                In addition it also resets the game anytime you go near the old man who needs coffee (unless you change his sprite in Advanced Map).

                                Any help would be awesome.
                                It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

                                Diegoisawesome discovered this some time ago.
                                __________________
                                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                  #23694    
                                Old February 15th, 2013 (4:56 AM).
                                LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                Mew!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                                  Age: 29
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 415
                                  how much room is there for extra maps on fire red... I intend to add a new island broken into several maps which ultimately has all the gen 3 pokemon... should I be worried about space?
                                  __________________
                                    #23695    
                                  Old February 15th, 2013 (8:29 AM).
                                  FBI's Avatar
                                  FBI FBI is offline
                                  Free supporter
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2013
                                  Location: Unknown Island
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 1,866
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                  how much room is there for extra maps on fire red... I intend to add a new island broken into several maps which ultimately has all the gen 3 pokemon... should I be worried about space?
                                  You should have enough, for another Mini-region. Worst comes to worse, you can always expand the ROM :)
                                  __________________
                                  ...
                                    #23696    
                                  Old February 15th, 2013 (10:34 AM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by Shubunkus.
                                  Shubunkus's Avatar
                                  Shubunkus Shubunkus is offline
                                  I.R.
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 49
                                    Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to change the starting map in a FireRed ROM with SMCA but when I load the ROM onto SMCA, I get the error "Run-time error '380': Invalid Property Value". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? If not, is there another way I can change the starting map?
                                    __________________
                                      #23697    
                                    Old February 15th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
                                    Demon_Fox Demon_Fox is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2007
                                      Location: New Zealand
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 6
                                      Thanks for the quick replies, that is disappointing that its broken I was depending on the additional OWs and Palette options, does anyone know if the ips patches have the same problems. I already started from scratch again because of that glitch, however I don't really wont to wipe all scripts out.

                                      Quote:
                                      It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

                                      Diegoisawesome discovered this some time ago.
                                      Is there any way of implementing the OW and palette hack without the tool, so it doesn't have the bad return address.

                                      Like a step by step guide, or if anyone could give me a hand.

                                      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                                        #23698    
                                      Old February 15th, 2013 (12:59 PM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                                      karatekid552's Avatar
                                      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                      What happens if I push it?....
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                                        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 1,766
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                        It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

                                        Diegoisawesome discovered this some time ago.
                                        Is there anyway we could fix this and re-upload the tool? JPAN hasn't been active on this forum for a little while, has anyone been able to tell him? He did provide the source code, I believe, so it would be nice.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Shubunkus View Post
                                        Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to change the starting map in a FireRed ROM but when I load the ROM, I get the error "Run-time error '380': Invalid Property Value". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? If not, is there another way I can change the starting map?
                                        This is a problem that using JPAN's hack causes. I know how to do the things SMCA does with a hex editor. I will write a tutorial soon. You are not the only one wondering this.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Demon_Fox View Post
                                        Thanks for the quick replies, that is disappointing that its broken I was depending on the additional OWs and Palette options, does anyone know if the ips patches have the same problems. I already started from scratch again because of that glitch, however I don't really wont to wipe all scripts out.



                                        Is there any way of implementing the OW and palette hack without the tool, so it doesn't have the bad return address.

                                        Like a step by step guide, or if anyone could give me a hand.

                                        Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                                        I believe the ips doesn't have any problems, but it does wipe out all old scripts and such, so that will have to be your decision. By the way, always back up, especially when doing something such as using a tool like JPAN's which makes major changes to your rom.
                                        __________________

                                        Paired with Simba
                                          #23699    
                                        Old February 16th, 2013 (5:19 AM).
                                        .parado✗'s Avatar
                                        .parado✗ .parado✗ is offline
                                        paranormal user
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2012
                                          Location: Ha✗land
                                          Age: 22
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Gentle
                                          Posts: 38
                                          Hello hackers :)
                                          I have a big Problem.. I want to show Graphics via ASM, but I dont know
                                          where the DMA3 location is..

                                          First of all here the Code

                                          Code:
                                          .align 2
                                          .thumb
                                          .global main
                                          
                                          main:
                                                  ldr r0, dma3
                                                  mov r1, #0x80
                                                  strb r1, [r0]
                                                  pop {r0-r7, pc}        
                                                  push {r0-r7, lr}
                                                  ldr r0, source
                                                  ldr r1, destination
                                                  swi 0x12
                                                  pop {r0-r7, pc}
                                                  push {r0-r7, lr}
                                                  ldr r0, dma3
                                                  mov r1, #0x40
                                                  strb r1, [r0]
                                                  pop {r0-r7, pc}
                                                  
                                          
                                          .align 2
                                          dma3: .word 0x4XXXXXX
                                          
                                          .align 2
                                          
                                          source:
                                                  .word 0x08A00000
                                          
                                          destination:
                                                  .word 0x06008800
                                          Well, I know the DMA is in the I/O RAM but where? :(

                                          Also, how to load a tilemap?
                                          Cuz I need it too..

                                          Thanks :)
                                          __________________
                                          If you are interested in a german romhacker forum, go to

                                          www.board.romresources.net

                                          ;) I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
                                            #23700    
                                          Old February 16th, 2013 (9:29 AM).
                                          95gemello7's Avatar
                                          95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
                                          MrGarroz
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                                            Location: Italy
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Serious
                                            Posts: 20
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                            I have no clue. The second way, you were guaranteed results as you did it manually. I want you to try something. Make an edit in PGE and close it. Then open up the hex editor and see if the change was made to the rom. No matter the result, go back into to PGE and verify that the change was made.

                                            My feeling is that PGE isn't editing the rom...

                                            Edit: Next time you use pictures, use [img] tags so that I don't have to follow the links. It makes it much easier for me or anyone to view. Photobucket actually gives you the [img] tagged links in its sharing box.
                                            So, I cheked and in my opinion PGE doesn't work on attack's pointer because in my Hex Editor nothing has changed... But what can I do now?? I really don't know how to change manually the pointers because I have to repoint the pointers which are in PGE!
                                            It sounds weird, but I don't know how to explain this thing!
                                            __________________
                                            MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
                                            MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
                                            Closed Thread

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:24 PM.