ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23851    
Old February 15th, 2013 (8:29 AM).
FBI's Avatar
FBI FBI is offline
Free supporter
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Unknown Island
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
how much room is there for extra maps on fire red... I intend to add a new island broken into several maps which ultimately has all the gen 3 pokemon... should I be worried about space?
You should have enough, for another Mini-region. Worst comes to worse, you can always expand the ROM :)
__________________
...

Relevant Advertising!

  #23852    
Old February 15th, 2013 (10:34 AM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by Shubunkus.
Shubunkus's Avatar
Shubunkus Shubunkus is offline
I.R.
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 49
    Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to change the starting map in a FireRed ROM with SMCA but when I load the ROM onto SMCA, I get the error "Run-time error '380': Invalid Property Value". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? If not, is there another way I can change the starting map?
    __________________
      #23853    
    Old February 15th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
    Demon_Fox Demon_Fox is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2007
      Location: New Zealand
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 6
      Thanks for the quick replies, that is disappointing that its broken I was depending on the additional OWs and Palette options, does anyone know if the ips patches have the same problems. I already started from scratch again because of that glitch, however I don't really wont to wipe all scripts out.

      Quote:
      It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

      Diegoisawesome discovered this some time ago.
      Is there any way of implementing the OW and palette hack without the tool, so it doesn't have the bad return address.

      Like a step by step guide, or if anyone could give me a hand.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        #23854    
      Old February 15th, 2013 (12:59 PM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by karatekid552.
      karatekid552's Avatar
      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
      What happens if I push it?....
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 1,766
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
        It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

        Diegoisawesome discovered this some time ago.
        Is there anyway we could fix this and re-upload the tool? JPAN hasn't been active on this forum for a little while, has anyone been able to tell him? He did provide the source code, I believe, so it would be nice.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shubunkus View Post
        Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to change the starting map in a FireRed ROM but when I load the ROM, I get the error "Run-time error '380': Invalid Property Value". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? If not, is there another way I can change the starting map?
        This is a problem that using JPAN's hack causes. I know how to do the things SMCA does with a hex editor. I will write a tutorial soon. You are not the only one wondering this.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Demon_Fox View Post
        Thanks for the quick replies, that is disappointing that its broken I was depending on the additional OWs and Palette options, does anyone know if the ips patches have the same problems. I already started from scratch again because of that glitch, however I don't really wont to wipe all scripts out.



        Is there any way of implementing the OW and palette hack without the tool, so it doesn't have the bad return address.

        Like a step by step guide, or if anyone could give me a hand.

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        I believe the ips doesn't have any problems, but it does wipe out all old scripts and such, so that will have to be your decision. By the way, always back up, especially when doing something such as using a tool like JPAN's which makes major changes to your rom.
        __________________

        Paired with Simba
          #23855    
        Old February 16th, 2013 (5:19 AM).
        .parado✗'s Avatar
        .parado✗ .parado✗ is offline
        paranormal user
           
          Join Date: Sep 2012
          Location: Ha✗land
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Gentle
          Posts: 38
          Hello hackers
          I have a big Problem.. I want to show Graphics via ASM, but I dont know
          where the DMA3 location is..

          First of all here the Code

          Code:
          .align 2
          .thumb
          .global main
          
          main:
                  ldr r0, dma3
                  mov r1, #0x80
                  strb r1, [r0]
                  pop {r0-r7, pc}        
                  push {r0-r7, lr}
                  ldr r0, source
                  ldr r1, destination
                  swi 0x12
                  pop {r0-r7, pc}
                  push {r0-r7, lr}
                  ldr r0, dma3
                  mov r1, #0x40
                  strb r1, [r0]
                  pop {r0-r7, pc}
                  
          
          .align 2
          dma3: .word 0x4XXXXXX
          
          .align 2
          
          source:
                  .word 0x08A00000
          
          destination:
                  .word 0x06008800
          Well, I know the DMA is in the I/O RAM but where?

          Also, how to load a tilemap?
          Cuz I need it too..

          Thanks
          __________________
          If you are interested in a german romhacker forum, go to

          www.board.romresources.net

          I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
            #23856    
          Old February 16th, 2013 (9:29 AM).
          95gemello7's Avatar
          95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
          MrGarroz
             
            Join Date: Sep 2012
            Location: Italy
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 20
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
            I have no clue. The second way, you were guaranteed results as you did it manually. I want you to try something. Make an edit in PGE and close it. Then open up the hex editor and see if the change was made to the rom. No matter the result, go back into to PGE and verify that the change was made.

            My feeling is that PGE isn't editing the rom...

            Edit: Next time you use pictures, use [img] tags so that I don't have to follow the links. It makes it much easier for me or anyone to view. Photobucket actually gives you the [img] tagged links in its sharing box.
            So, I cheked and in my opinion PGE doesn't work on attack's pointer because in my Hex Editor nothing has changed... But what can I do now?? I really don't know how to change manually the pointers because I have to repoint the pointers which are in PGE!
            It sounds weird, but I don't know how to explain this thing!
            __________________
            MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
            MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
              #23857    
            Old February 16th, 2013 (9:31 AM). Edited February 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.
            karatekid552's Avatar
            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
            What happens if I push it?....
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 1,766
              For those you having problems with SMCA and JPAN's hack, i was writing my tutorial today on how to do it with a hex editor, and I learned why. The origional location of the player facing section was cleared for free space. So, SMCA was expecting values 01-04 but got FF.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
              So, I cheked and in my opinion PGE doesn't work on attack's pointer because in my Hex Editor nothing has changed... But what can I do now?? I really don't know how to change manually the pointers because I have to repoint the pointers which are in PGE!
              It sounds weird, but I don't know how to explain this thing!
              You know how pointers work, they are just reverse byte order. Also the animation pointer table is in order, so using the section on finding the animation offset in Choas' tutorial, find the location of the pointer you want and then you can move it to the one you want to have that animation. If you are creating new animations, remember-

              The offset is AX BY CZ so the pointer would be CZ BY AX 08.
              __________________

              Paired with Simba
                #23858    
              Old February 16th, 2013 (9:51 AM).
              The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
              The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2010
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 305
                For the Shinyzer do you have to make more offsets or can you just call back to that one offset everytime you need ashiny in your script?
                __________________
                Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.
                Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!


                  #23859    
                Old February 16th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
                karatekid552's Avatar
                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                What happens if I push it?....
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 1,766
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                  For the Shinyzer do you have to make more offsets or can you just call back to that one offset everytime you need ashiny in your script?
                  You can use the same offset. However I have found that you don't even need to do that. Just set var 0x8003 to the number of shines you want to appear in a row. I have done just that on over 100 separate occasions and it always works.

                  Basically, I just created a ton of tiles that contain this script:

                  #Dynamic 0x800000
                  #org @start
                  setvar 0x8003 0x1
                  end

                  and these tiles increased the shiny rate by making the next Pokemon you see, after stepping on the tile, shiny.
                  __________________

                  Paired with Simba
                    #23860    
                  Old February 16th, 2013 (3:48 PM).
                  The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                  The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 305
                    How do you put in a script period
                    __________________
                    Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.
                    Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!


                      #23861    
                    Old February 16th, 2013 (4:30 PM).
                    Blue's Avatar
                    Blue Blue is offline
                    problematic
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                    Location: United Kingdom
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 20,309
                    Anyone know why I'm getting a Black Screen when entering Viridian Forest? I've been working on a hack for quite a long time now and I've edited a few maps but Viridian Forest has been untouched, anyway when I try to access it, the screen just goes black.
                    __________________
                      #23862    
                    Old February 16th, 2013 (5:09 PM).
                    karatekid552's Avatar
                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                    What happens if I push it?....
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 1,766
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                      How do you put in a script period
                      More specific please? Do you know how to compile? Or do you just not know how to use a script in game?
                      __________________

                      Paired with Simba
                        #23863    
                      Old February 16th, 2013 (6:46 PM).
                      The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
                      The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 305
                        if i could have a run through from using like XSE or PKVSUI (the codes i got) but like offset,and implementing them into the map and game.
                        And can someone explain why APSE isnt changing my sprites.
                        I made a recolour, then kept the background to be transparent as the original color
                        butfor my hack i need normal and shiny(which will what be recolored instead of the normal)
                        what happens is it creates a white outline of the pikachus body but whatever is dark stays, this is all BEHIND the original pokemon but if i synchronize the palettes instead of update it just goes screy and changes colors but the sprite im changing does change except it devleops blobs,whats the best sprite editing program
                        __________________
                        Hey guys. lol i didnt think my username through. Wish i could change it.
                        Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!


                          #23864    
                        Old February 16th, 2013 (6:57 PM).
                        Blue's Avatar
                        Blue Blue is offline
                        problematic
                        • Moderator
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2008
                        Location: United Kingdom
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 20,309
                        Ayone know how to fix those Black Screen Warp problems with Advanced Map?
                        __________________
                          #23865    
                        Old February 16th, 2013 (8:43 PM). Edited February 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                        karatekid552's Avatar
                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                        What happens if I push it?....
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 1,766
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                          Ayone know how to fix those Black Screen Warp problems with Advanced Map?
                          Insert the map into a new bank. That is the only solution I have found that works. I would suggest using a-map 1.92 for anything other than drawing maps, since it is far more stable than 1.95.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
                          if i could have a run through from using like XSE or PKVSUI (the codes i got) but like offset,and implementing them into the map and game.
                          And can someone explain why APSE isnt changing my sprites.
                          I made a recolour, then kept the background to be transparent as the original color
                          butfor my hack i need normal and shiny(which will what be recolored instead of the normal)
                          what happens is it creates a white outline of the pikachus body but whatever is dark stays, this is all BEHIND the original pokemon but if i synchronize the palettes instead of update it just goes screy and changes colors but the sprite im changing does change except it devleops blobs,whats the best sprite editing program
                          The best sprite editing program is GIMP. The best sprite insertion program is the Advance Series by Wichu. It can edit pallets for sprites right inside of it.

                          For writing scripts, consult diegoisawesome's tutorial. For inserting, when you click the gears at the top of XSE to compile, it will show you the offsets. Take the offset of the very first @label you used in the script and copy it. Then, choose how you want to use it. For most things, just place the script in the script offset box in a-map. For some map scripts and s-tiles, a var is required. Pick one thats deemed safe. For a list of safe vars; http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6829256#post6829256 (there is a follow up post on the next page also). Remember, the script will only run on these when the var is equal to the value specified below it.
                          __________________

                          Paired with Simba
                            #23866    
                          Old February 17th, 2013 (6:40 AM).
                          95gemello7's Avatar
                          95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
                          MrGarroz
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                            Location: Italy
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Serious
                            Posts: 20
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                            For those you having problems with SMCA and JPAN's hack, i was writing my tutorial today on how to do it with a hex editor, and I learned why. The origional location of the player facing section was cleared for free space. So, SMCA was expecting values 01-04 but got FF.



                            You know how pointers work, they are just reverse byte order. Also the animation pointer table is in order, so using the section on finding the animation offset in Choas' tutorial, find the location of the pointer you want and then you can move it to the one you want to have that animation. If you are creating new animations, remember-

                            The offset is AX BY CZ so the pointer would be CZ BY AX 08.
                            Thank you for the help, finally I've made a simply custom animation!! Here's my Night Slash animation!



                            Also I've ordered all attacks animation's pointer in order to make easier find and select the needed animation; so, can I create a thread, when I have time, where I write these informations? Is it possible?
                            __________________
                            MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
                            MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
                              #23867    
                            Old February 17th, 2013 (7:42 AM).
                            karatekid552's Avatar
                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                            What happens if I push it?....
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 1,766
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
                              Thank you for the help, finally I've made a simply custom animation!! Here's my Night Slash animation!



                              Also I've ordered all attacks animation's pointer in order to make easier find and select the needed animation; so, can I create a thread, when I have time, where I write these informations? Is it possible?
                              I would say, create a patch that just has the animations in order and post it in the resources thread. You can use luner ips to make the patch.
                              __________________

                              Paired with Simba
                                #23868    
                              Old February 17th, 2013 (8:02 AM).
                              95gemello7's Avatar
                              95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
                              MrGarroz
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2012
                                Location: Italy
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Serious
                                Posts: 20
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                I would say, create a patch that just has the animations in order and post it in the resources thread. You can use luner ips to make the patch.
                                Reordering all the pointers could be a good idea.. I will do it, taking my time, but I will do it!
                                __________________
                                MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
                                MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
                                  #23869    
                                Old February 17th, 2013 (8:12 AM).
                                karatekid552's Avatar
                                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                What happens if I push it?....
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 1,766
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
                                  Reordering all the pointers could be a good idea.. I will do it, taking my time, but I will do it!
                                  Have fun. But remeber, the pointers are inorder, it's the data they point to that is not
                                  __________________

                                  Paired with Simba
                                    #23870    
                                  Old February 17th, 2013 (9:57 AM).
                                  GetTrolledFilms GetTrolledFilms is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2013
                                    Posts: 1
                                    So, I've been searching, and I haven't found anything. My question is, how do you add Recent Generation Pokemon to an earlier Generation ROM? So, as an example, how would I be able to add, say an Infernape, or a Genesect, to a Hack using a FireRed Base ROM?
                                      #23871    
                                    Old February 17th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
                                    Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
                                    Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
                                    Bug reporter
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Gentle
                                      Posts: 334
                                      Okay, i've a problem.
                                      I'm hacking Fire red (italian rom) and the hack is ambiented in seevi island.
                                      When i talk to the people that leads me other island he let me go only in first 3 islands. How can i do for go in other island?
                                      Need some flag in particular?
                                      I hope you understand me.
                                      __________________
                                      Hacks I support:

                                      And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

                                        #23872    
                                      Old February 17th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
                                      Shubunkus's Avatar
                                      Shubunkus Shubunkus is offline
                                      I.R.
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 49
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by GetTrolledFilms View Post
                                        So, I've been searching, and I haven't found anything. My question is, how do you add Recent Generation Pokemon to an earlier Generation ROM? So, as an example, how would I be able to add, say an Infernape, or a Genesect, to a Hack using a FireRed Base ROM?
                                        Basically, what you are doing is not adding new Pokemon, you are trchnically just editing an existing Pokemon so it resembles a newer generation one.

                                        You first have to replace an existing Pokemon's sprite with the one you want to add (ex. Infernape) with programs such as Nameless Sprite Editor and then editing it's stats with YAPE or related programs so it resembles the stats of the Pokemon you want to add (Infernape). There should be many tutorials on how to do this. Just look through the Tutorials section and you will find some.
                                        __________________
                                          #23873    
                                        Old February 17th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
                                        karatekid552's Avatar
                                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                        What happens if I push it?....
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bold
                                          Posts: 1,766
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
                                          Okay, i've a problem.
                                          I'm hacking Fire red (italian rom) and the hack is ambiented in seevi island.
                                          When i talk to the people that leads me other island he let me go only in first 3 islands. How can i do for go in other island?
                                          Need some flag in particular?
                                          I hope you understand me.
                                          Most likely, or you need the upgraded ticket... or both. Try looking at the script for the boat and see what item and/or flag is required to sail to the other islands.
                                          __________________

                                          Paired with Simba
                                            #23874    
                                          Old February 17th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
                                          Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
                                          Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
                                          Bug reporter
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2011
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Gentle
                                            Posts: 334
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                            Most likely, or you need the upgraded ticket... or both. Try looking at the script for the boat and see what item and/or flag is required to sail to the other islands.
                                            I could not find anything, I tried with all flags or tools that I have found but nothing: (
                                            __________________
                                            Hacks I support:

                                            And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

                                              #23875    
                                            Old February 17th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
                                            Robbi Robbi is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2013
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 5
                                              Quote:
                                              1) a little program called SMCA will help you.

                                              2)for cave exits where the doorway is facing up (meaning you walk down to get out) the tile just above the door way needs have warp capabilities in its behavior, and the warp needs to be placed on it. There are two floor tiles that look the same. One is just your standard floor tile while the second has warp properties.

                                              For emerald, the block (tile) # for a normal cave floor in title set 19 is block 201. The block # for a warp tile is block 207. If you want to see how this works or to check for other warp-able blocks, open up the block editor and look at its behavior data.

                                              Block numbers can be found in the bottom lefthand corner of Amap when you hover over a particular block.

                                              3) I can't see a picture, and that is because you need 15 posts to post pictures. My best guess is that there is green-s-tile on the ground in the events tab where you stepped. Delete it.

                                              Good luck and welcome to the rom hacking forum
                                              1) That does not work for me for some reason.
                                              2) Ohh, I changes the tiles for warp properties, but i tested it, it still doesn't work.
                                              3) there isn't anything like that, its just a regular tile that does it, and its every so often.
                                              4) Now when i start it up, after the van, it goes black and wont start.
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:58 PM.