Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #651    
Old February 19th, 2013 (11:58 PM).
ISNorden's Avatar
ISNorden ISNorden is offline
Teddiursa
     
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 153
    Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
    I'm currently stuck in/around Floaroma Town, wondering how to get onto the upper ledges of the meadow so I can reach the Valley Windworks from there. Could someone please give me directions? I'd appreciate that very much. (For what it's worth, I'm playing Pearl on DeSMuME for Windows.) Thanks!
    __________________
    ========================

    Ingeborg S. Nordén

    " Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"

    Relevant Advertising!

      #652    
    Old February 20th, 2013 (12:06 AM).
    Sonikkts's Avatar
    Sonikkts Sonikkts is offline
       
      Join Date: Feb 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 139
      Hello

      I stopped playing short of the DS. Back in the day, I was the guru on Pokémon. Ask me anything about Gen III, II or I and I can tell you. I played them religiously, and still do.

      I was recently given a DS (lucky me) along with Platinum and Diamond. I have just completed Diamond. Wow, what a game.

      I have a question regarding the completion of the National Dex, something that has always been a blur to me. I Google'd plenty, but I get conflicting info.



      Yellow is the only version I have completed, as in 150 Pokémon. It will automatically update to 151, without showing Mew. Therefore Mew isn't needed, and is unnecessary. Red and Blue too.

      In Generation II, Event based Pokémon such as Celebi are treated the same as Mew.

      In Generation III, Event legendary Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys as well as Ho-Oh and Lugia) are not required to qualify for any of the diplomas.

      In Generation IV, Event legendary Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus as well as Ho-Oh and Lugia), are not required to qualify for any of the diplomas.




      Is all this correct? Therefore in order to complete the National Dex in Gen IV, I need to migrate Kanto Pokémon from Fire Red and Leaf Green, Johto Pokémon (the ones not available in FR/LG and in the wild post Elite Four), Hoenn Pokémon from migrating them from Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire, and version exclusive Pokémon from Pearl/Diamond or Platinum respectively?

      Yes I am a perfectionist! Making up for lost time...
      __________________
        #653    
      Old February 20th, 2013 (2:41 AM).
      curiousnathan's Avatar
      curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Australia
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 7,828
      Quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help thread; please post any further questions you have there!

      Swoosh
      __________________
      Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
        #654    
      Old February 20th, 2013 (2:46 AM).
      Hikamaru's Avatar
      Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
      Sacred Hearts Club
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Location: Australia
      Age: 24
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 46,465
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sonkitts View Post
      Is all this correct? Therefore in order to complete the National Dex in Gen IV, I need to migrate Kanto Pokémon from Fire Red and Leaf Green, Johto Pokémon (the ones not available in FR/LG and in the wild post Elite Four), Hoenn Pokémon from migrating them from Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire, and version exclusive Pokémon from Pearl/Diamond or Platinum respectively?
      Yes it is correct. You need your 4th Gen game and also a copy of the 3rd Gen game (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen) inserted into the second slot of your DS, located at the front bottom. You then have to select 6 Pokemon from the 3rd Gen game to transfer over, and it can only be Pokemon from the PC Box. And remember you cannot proceed until you select exactly six Pokemon for transfer.

      Then you head to Pal Park (located on Route 221 in D/P/Pt, and Fuchsia City in HG/SS) where you can participate in a catching game to try and catch all 6 Pokemon, using Park Balls that are given to you. They have a 100% catch rate (similar to the Master Ball) so you'll catch the Pokemon without fail.

      It's only on the DS and DS Lite though, so if you're using a DSi or 3DS you cannot utilize this feature.

      More information on Pal Park can be found here. Good luck with completing your Pokedex!
      __________________
      pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
        #655    
      Old February 20th, 2013 (7:50 AM).
      PlatinumDude's Avatar
      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
      Nyeh?
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Canada
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 12,832
      Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
      I'm currently stuck in/around Floaroma Town, wondering how to get onto the upper ledges of the meadow so I can reach the Valley Windworks from there. Could someone please give me directions? I'd appreciate that very much. (For what it's worth, I'm playing Pearl on DeSMuME for Windows.) Thanks!
      Sadly, you don't get to access the ledged area in Floaroma Meadow, which leads from the Fuego Ironworks, until you get access to Surf, and once you do, you can surf from Route 205 to the left. Valley Windworks is all the way to the right from Floaroma.
      __________________

        #656    
      Old February 20th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
      Sonikkts's Avatar
      Sonikkts Sonikkts is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 139
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
        Yes it is correct. You need your 4th Gen game and also a copy of the 3rd Gen game (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen) inserted into the second slot of your DS, located at the front bottom. You then have to select 6 Pokemon from the 3rd Gen game to transfer over, and it can only be Pokemon from the PC Box. And remember you cannot proceed until you select exactly six Pokemon for transfer.

        Then you head to Pal Park (located on Route 221 in D/P/Pt, and Fuchsia City in HG/SS) where you can participate in a catching game to try and catch all 6 Pokemon, using Park Balls that are given to you. They have a 100% catch rate (similar to the Master Ball) so you'll catch the Pokemon without fail.

        It's only on the DS and DS Lite though, so if you're using a DSi or 3DS you cannot utilize this feature.

        More information on Pal Park can be found here. Good luck with completing your Pokedex!
        Thanks !

        Is this also the case in Gen III then? The Legendary/Unobtainable Pokémon aren't necessary for completing the Pokédex such as Lugia and Ho-Oh.

        Things would be so much easier if we could trade with Gen II games... ¬.¬
        __________________
          #657    
        Old February 20th, 2013 (12:26 PM). Edited February 20th, 2013 by Hikamaru.
        Hikamaru's Avatar
        Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
        Sacred Hearts Club
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Location: Australia
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 46,465
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sonkitts View Post
        Thanks !

        Is this also the case in Gen III then? The Legendary/Unobtainable Pokémon aren't necessary for completing the Pokédex such as Lugia and Ho-Oh.

        Things would be so much easier if we could trade with Gen II games... ¬.¬
        That's correct, Ho-Oh/Lugia and the Event Legendaries are not needed for 3rd Gen and D/P/Pt's National Pokedex completion.

        Sadly you cannot transfer from 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen, since the GBC is incompatible with the GBA.
        __________________
        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
          #658    
        Old February 23rd, 2013 (11:05 PM).
        d00bt00b d00bt00b is offline
        Genxo
           
          Join Date: Jan 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 20
          My trainer ID is 00217. Does this positively or negatively effect my ability to get a shiny? I've been soft resetting for about 15 hours and still haven't gotten a shiny starter.
          __________________
          Pearl Friend Code: 5158 2556 3409
            #659    
          Old February 23rd, 2013 (11:13 PM).
          Rainbow Arcanine's Avatar
          Rainbow Arcanine Rainbow Arcanine is offline
          now known as aslan
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Location: Australia
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 636
          Ahhhh soft resetting for a shiny starter takes patience, fifteen hours is a long time but remember some people can go for months before they find one. D:

          However just checking up on Bulbapedia, it did say the Trainer ID affected many things along with a secret ID that can be viewed by various methods. The SID does affect if a Pokemon is shiny or not but it didn't say much more other than that, but I don't believe your Trainer ID determines the shinies.If you still need clarifying or want to read more about it, you can go here and check out the info. :3

          Hope I helped and good luck! :D.
          __________________
          pineapples are cool.

            #660    
          Old February 26th, 2013 (6:35 AM).
          ISNorden's Avatar
          ISNorden ISNorden is offline
          Teddiursa
             
            Join Date: Feb 2013
            Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 153
            Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
            I've spent the past 3-4 days looking for a safe route to Pastoria City in the Pearl game, without success: the only unlocked paths lead straight through the Great Marsh, where I inevitably end up sunk up to my bleeping neck no matter how long I struggle. Those of you who've gotten that far before...is there a drier alternative that I'm overlooking? Please help if you can; what started as an addictively great game is becoming an exercise in frustration.
            __________________
            ========================

            Ingeborg S. Nordén

            " Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
              #661    
            Old February 26th, 2013 (7:13 AM).
            Totodilesteel99's Avatar
            Totodilesteel99 Totodilesteel99 is offline
            Lord of Awesomeness
               
              Join Date: Oct 2012
              Location: I live in the land of awesomeness
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 44
              No, sorry. I don't think there's another way. But if you walk, there's less chance of you get sunk. If you do get sunk, go Up, Right, Left, Down, Up ETC on your control pad, because that gets you out quicker.
              Hope I helped!
              __________________
              Hey there! Your reading this!
              If your still reading this now have a cookie.
              If you are reading now still have another cookie.
              If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
              If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

              Join my Forum!
              pokemasters.freeforums.org




                #662    
              Old February 26th, 2013 (9:38 AM).
              Sydian's Avatar
              Sydian Sydian is offline
              V A N I T Y
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: Alabama
              Age: 24
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 32,070
              Take the route south of Veilstone. There's no mud on that route. Lots of trainers and grass, but no mud. It's the route I always take to Pastoria. I didn't even know people took the muddy one there. lol
              __________________
              ≫ they took a little look at my heart
              they found a prince living behind bars ≪

              challenges | klippy
                #663    
              Old February 26th, 2013 (6:05 PM). Edited February 26th, 2013 by ISNorden.
              ISNorden's Avatar
              ISNorden ISNorden is offline
              Teddiursa
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2013
                Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 153
                Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                Take the route south of Veilstone. There's no mud on that route. Lots of trainers and grass, but no mud. It's the route I always take to Pastoria. I didn't even know people took the muddy one there. lol

                Wow, you saved me--thank you so much! Somehow I thought all the roads near Lake Valor were closed until after the fight with Team Galactic; I stand corrected. Note to future confused newbies: you'll need a team that averages 25th-30th level (not to mention lots of healing supplies) to survive the fights on that beach south of Pastoria City. Fisherman Kenneth's Gyarados nearly KO'd my 19th level Roselia when I'd gotten the overgrown fish barely conscious!
                __________________
                ========================

                Ingeborg S. Nordén

                " Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
                  #664    
                Old February 26th, 2013 (7:43 PM).
                ISNorden's Avatar
                ISNorden ISNorden is offline
                Teddiursa
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                  Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 153
                  Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
                  Thanks to Sydian's advice, I finally made it to Pastoria City and got ready to fight Crasher Wake. The water-maze with the colorful buttons is harder to navigate than it looks, though: Even with a guide from the GameFAQs web site, I always end up caught between a green and a yellow button in the southeastern part of the maze. Could a more experienced player please tell me how to avoid this problem? The only way I could start over was to open a save-state I kept before setting foot in the gym.
                  __________________
                  ========================

                  Ingeborg S. Nordén

                  " Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
                    #665    
                  Old February 26th, 2013 (7:48 PM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                  V A N I T Y
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 24
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,070
                  It's really difficult for me to give directions to anything, driving somewhere, gym puzzles, you name it lol. So instead of trying to explain and use my shaky memory of this gym, have this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCW9qi1Rjw

                  idk if you're playing DP or Platinum, but I don't think the gym changed for those games...the link is for the DP version though, if in fact they are different. If you're playing Platinum and it doesn't look the same, I guess just search for a Platinum one instead. Cheers.
                  __________________
                  ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                  they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                  challenges | klippy
                    #666    
                  Old February 26th, 2013 (8:59 PM).
                  curiousnathan's Avatar
                  curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Location: Australia
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 7,828
                  Again, please use the 4th Gen Help thread for questions like these.

                  Moved.
                  __________________
                  Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
                    #667    
                  Old February 26th, 2013 (8:59 PM).
                  curiousnathan's Avatar
                  curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Location: Australia
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 7,828
                  Please use the 4th Gen Help Thread for any future questions you may have.

                  Moved.
                  __________________
                  Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
                    #668    
                  Old February 27th, 2013 (2:18 PM).
                  RoreyG's Avatar
                  RoreyG RoreyG is offline
                  Lizardon Man
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2012
                    Location: Atop Mount Silver
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 412
                    Hi everyone. I'm about to restart my Heart Gold and I'm thinking about what my final team would be:




                    If anybody has any ideas for potential movesets, I'd really like to hear them.
                    __________________

                      #669    
                    Old February 27th, 2013 (4:55 PM).
                    PlatinumDude's Avatar
                    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                    Nyeh?
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Location: Canada
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 12,832
                    Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RoreyG View Post
                    Hi everyone. I'm about to restart my Heart Gold and I'm thinking about what my final team would be:




                    If anybody has any ideas for potential movesets, I'd really like to hear them.
                    Feraligatr achieves good coverage with its level-up moves alone:
                    -Waterfall/Aqua Tail
                    -Ice Punch/Ice Fang
                    -Crunch
                    -Superpower/Earthquake

                    Arcanine (idk here):
                    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
                    -ExtremeSpeed
                    -Crunch
                    -Thunder Fang

                    Nidoking has a pretty wide movepool physically and specially, so really, go with what you want, but it must always carry a Ground STAB and have Poison Point as an ability; Rivalry is very unreliable.

                    Ampharos:
                    -Thunderbolt
                    -Power Gem
                    -Signal Beam
                    -filler

                    Pidgeot (use it as your Fly slave):
                    -Fly
                    -*insert filler moves in last 3 slots*

                    Heracross is amazing in-game and competitively:
                    -Megahorn
                    -Close Combat
                    -Night Slash
                    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge
                    Ability: Guts

                    But you're going to have to use something else as your Surf slave or have Feraligatr drop a coverage move for Surf.
                    __________________

                      #670    
                    Old February 27th, 2013 (6:38 PM).
                    Sydian's Avatar
                    Sydian Sydian is offline
                    V A N I T Y
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2008
                    Location: Alabama
                    Age: 24
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 32,070
                    I'm sure competitive people would cringe at this, but Nidoking is able to learn Surf, and as PlatinumDude said, Nidoking has good attack and special attack, so you could always go mixed on his set and give him Surf. I don't think it'd be bad, and it'd allow Feraligatr to have Waterfall/Aqua Tail and get better use of either of those than it would from Surf.
                    __________________
                    ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                    they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                    challenges | klippy
                      #671    
                    Old February 27th, 2013 (8:56 PM).
                    curiousnathan's Avatar
                    curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                    Location: Australia
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 7,828
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RoreyG View Post
                    Hi everyone. I'm about to restart my Heart Gold and I'm thinking about what my final team would be:




                    If anybody has any ideas for potential movesets, I'd really like to hear them.
                    Just a reminder that RMT questions (with incomplete teams) belong here. If you want any future help with your teams, that thread is your best friend! 8)
                    __________________
                    Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
                      #672    
                    Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:32 PM).
                    ISNorden's Avatar
                    ISNorden ISNorden is offline
                    Teddiursa
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                      Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 153
                      Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
                      I've surfed over to Fuego Ironworks recently: the wild catches outside are great, the worker battles are OK, but those blasted spinning tiles are driving me nuts. How do I get the spin tiles to take me to that central room with the furnace and the boss? I keep missing that room no matter which path I choose.
                      __________________
                      ========================

                      Ingeborg S. Nordén

                      " Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
                        #673    
                      Old March 3rd, 2013 (7:59 AM).
                      Lolcatcomics's Avatar
                      Lolcatcomics Lolcatcomics is offline
                      Novice Geek
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 26
                        HI!
                        I recently got a copy of SoulSilver and have made it to the third, ghost-type gym leader already! However, it was harder than i thought it would be and eventually i was down to level 8 Ratttata whom i only keep around for cut and rock smash. I was totally prepared to lose, go back to the pokemon center, and try agian, but the foe's Grengar used mean look! None of my moves effect him and none of his moves effect me except hypnosis! Please advise! i really don't want to turn off the game and have to restart the whole gym.
                        Thanks!
                          #674    
                        Old March 3rd, 2013 (8:11 AM).
                        Sydian's Avatar
                        Sydian Sydian is offline
                        V A N I T Y
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: Alabama
                        Age: 24
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 32,070
                        Quote:
                        I've surfed over to Fuego Ironworks recently: the wild catches outside are great, the worker battles are OK, but those blasted spinning tiles are driving me nuts. How do I get the spin tiles to take me to that central room with the furnace and the boss? I keep missing that room no matter which path I choose.
                        Here's a map of Fuego Ironworks. http://www.psypokes.com/platinum/maps/fuegoironworks.png

                        Quote:
                        HI!
                        I recently got a copy of SoulSilver and have made it to the third, ghost-type gym leader already! However, it was harder than i thought it would be and eventually i was down to level 8 Ratttata whom i only keep around for cut and rock smash. I was totally prepared to lose, go back to the pokemon center, and try agian, but the foe's Grengar used mean look! None of my moves effect him and none of his moves effect me except hypnosis! Please advise! i really don't want to turn off the game and have to restart the whole gym.
                        Thanks!
                        Are you like...in the battle right now? Sadly, there's nothing you can do if that's the case. You can maybe get Struggle to activate, but he might too, and he'd definitely be able to take out a Ratatta with it. Just take the loss, grind your levels more, and go back. Level 24 is the minimum I'd go in there.
                        __________________
                        ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                        they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                        challenges | klippy
                          #675    
                        Old March 3rd, 2013 (8:30 AM).
                        Lolcatcomics's Avatar
                        Lolcatcomics Lolcatcomics is offline
                        Novice Geek
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 26
                          Quote:
                          Are you like...in the battle right now? Sadly, there's nothing you can do if that's the case. You can maybe get Struggle to activate, but he might too, and he'd definitely be able to take out a Ratatta with it. Just take the loss, grind your levels more, and go back. Level 24 is the minimum I'd go in there.
                          Ok, i just powered off and went pack to my last save( start of gym). this time, i'm leaving my Rattata in the PC. My problem was that i couldn't die, couldn't kill him, and couldn't switch out. i was stuck. actually, i'd better leave my Slowpoke behind too. Thanks for your help!
                          Closed Thread
                          Quick Reply

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:23 AM.