ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23951    
Old February 21st, 2013 (11:48 AM).
Garuga17's Avatar
Garuga17 Garuga17 is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Indonesia
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 43
    err... someone can help me out?

    My roms is always freezing when it tried to evolving Pokemon, it seems that there are somethings wrong with the routine(i don't know though..), or maybe something else..

    any suggestion what i should do? maybe inserting new evolution routine? or just fix the existing one? please help D:
    __________________
    dunno what to write here....

    Relevant Advertising!

      #23952    
    Old February 21st, 2013 (12:12 PM).
    karatekid552's Avatar
    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
    What happens if I push it?....
       
      Join Date: Nov 2012
      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 1,766
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Garuga17 View Post
      err... someone can help me out?

      My roms is always freezing when it tried to evolving Pokemon, it seems that there are somethings wrong with the routine(i don't know though..), or maybe something else..

      any suggestion what i should do? maybe inserting new evolution routine? or just fix the existing one? please help D:
      I've got you bro. Now, are we dealing specifically with items, or evolutions in general? There are three different but similar evolution routines. One for items, one for level up, and one for trading.
      __________________

      Paired with Simba
        #23953    
      Old February 21st, 2013 (12:48 PM).
      95gemello7's Avatar
      95gemello7 95gemello7 is offline
      MrGarroz
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Italy
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 20
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
        Well, from what I have seen, we don't know a ton about graphic movement on the screen. However, my best guess would be to find the graphic for the claw in unLz and make note of the offset. Take that offset and turn it into a pointer and see if that pointer is in your animation. If it is, then that is definitely the section which has the claw animation. Remove that section and play around with the sections around it until it works.
        I find out that offset in unLz, but there isn't the pointer in the animation code... So i achieved to repeat twice that first part of Dragon Claw... My problem now is this: how can I delete the orange/red coloration assumed by the Pokémon after it used Dragon Claw?
        __________________
        MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
        MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
          #23954    
        Old February 21st, 2013 (12:52 PM).
        LocksmithArmy's Avatar
        LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
        Mew!
           
          Join Date: Feb 2013
          Age: 28
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 415
          HEY... y cant I checkitem...

          none of my checkitem scripts work... it acts like I have the item... even if I dont...

          I made a new item (its a land deed) its item 0x15B

          so I have a script
          checkitem 0x15B 1
          if == jump 0xwherever

          it just jumped without checking (cause i did not have the item at the time)

          is there something wrong with my layout?
          I even tried
          if true jump 0xwherever
          and got the same result
          __________________
            #23955    
          Old February 21st, 2013 (12:59 PM). Edited February 21st, 2013 by karatekid552.
          karatekid552's Avatar
          karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
          What happens if I push it?....
             
            Join Date: Nov 2012
            Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 1,766
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
            I find out that offset in unLz, but there isn't the pointer in the animation code... So i achieved to repeat twice that first part of Dragon Claw... My problem now is this: how can I delete the orange/red coloration assumed by the Pokémon after it used Dragon Claw?
            My best advice: just delete things until you know what does what. The animation will most likely run in order (why wouldn't it) so if you want to delete the last thing that happens, remove the last set of instructions. Just play with it until it works.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
            HEY... y cant I checkitem...

            none of my checkitem scripts work... it acts like I have the item... even if I dont...

            I made a new item (its a land deed) its item 0x15B

            so I have a script
            checkitem 0x15B 1
            if == jump 0xwherever

            it just jumped without checking (cause i did not have the item at the time)

            is there something wrong with my layout?
            I even tried
            if true jump 0xwherever
            and got the same result
            Checkitem stores the result on 0x800D (Lastresult). So, you need to compare LASTRESULT 0x1. Then you can use the if command.
            __________________

            Paired with Simba
              #23956    
            Old February 21st, 2013 (1:29 PM).
            LocksmithArmy's Avatar
            LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
            Mew!
               
              Join Date: Feb 2013
              Age: 28
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 415
              your an amazing soul....

              i was afraid I would run out of flags... but tis will save me several.
              __________________
                #23957    
              Old February 21st, 2013 (1:46 PM). Edited February 21st, 2013 by giradialkia.
              iDowngrade iDowngrade is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 34
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                The front sprite uses normal palettes and the backsprite (in unlz.gba) uses the shiny palette. When you import a new sprite, you are changing the palette (even if it's the same image, you're changing around which color goes first in the palette order) so instead of "blue green orange yellow" it becomes "yellow orange green blue"-- all of the blues in the original become yellow, all of the green's become orange, etc. even if the same colors were used.

                There are other tools out there that specifically specialize in inserting front and back sprites (Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor, for example) and unlz.gba tends to mess up people when it comes to palettes.
                You mean that if i insert my stuff with wichu's sprite editor the palette will not get messed up? ill test it later, thanks for your help!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                The front sprite uses normal palettes and the backsprite (in unlz.gba) uses the shiny palette. When you import a new sprite, you are changing the palette (even if it's the same image, you're changing around which color goes first in the palette order) so instead of "blue green orange yellow" it becomes "yellow orange green blue"-- all of the blues in the original become yellow, all of the green's become orange, etc. even if the same colors were used.

                There are other tools out there that specifically specialize in inserting front and back sprites (Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor, for example) and unlz.gba tends to mess up people when it comes to palettes.
                Not working, can you tell me how do i fix the pallette or a working and tested video on how to fix this problem?

                And if someone else wants to help me with this

                Please help!

                When i import my front pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, it goes alright.
                But when i import my back pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, when i test it ingame, the palette gets automatically messed up, any helps?
                  #23958    
                Old February 21st, 2013 (5:10 PM). Edited February 21st, 2013 by giradialkia.
                karatekid552's Avatar
                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                What happens if I push it?....
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 1,766
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                  your an amazing soul....

                  i was afraid I would run out of flags... but tis will save me several.
                  If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
                  You mean that if i insert my stuff with wichu's sprite editor the palette will not get messed up? ill test it later, thanks for your help!



                  Not working, can you tell me how do i fix the pallette or a working and tested video on how to fix this problem?

                  And if someone else wants to help me with this

                  Please help!

                  When i import my front pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, it goes alright.
                  But when i import my back pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, when i test it ingame, the palette gets automatically messed up, any helps?
                  Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

                  Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.
                  __________________

                  Paired with Simba
                    #23959    
                  Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:07 AM).
                  trafalgar's Avatar
                  trafalgar trafalgar is offline
                  FireBlast
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 15
                    As the title suggests I have a big problem with the program vba sdl h.
                    The problem is that it did not create the trace file while performing the steps right.
                    I hope some of you can help me.
                      #23960    
                    Old February 22nd, 2013 (4:38 AM).
                    QuartierGenerale QuartierGenerale is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2012
                      Posts: 53
                      Thanks karatekid, i'll try
                        #23961    
                      Old February 22nd, 2013 (8:34 AM).
                      SporreKing SporreKing is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2012
                        Posts: 15
                        Hello there! I have a question which i really need to be answered. I repointed the pointer which points to the OWS-table to 0x00801000 and i copyed and pasted the old OWS-table to 0x00801000. Then i added a new pointer to that table pointing to 0x00802000 where i've added a copy of the hero-data. Now i open NSE and go to "View>Offset". I tried putting in various offsets because i didn't know which one it wanted me to give. I tried giving it the offset to where the pointer to the sprite-table was (the one i repointed to 0x00801000), i tried giving it the offset to the actuall spritetable, i tried giving it 0x0080125C which is the pointer in the spritetable which leads to 0x00802000 where i have the sprite-data. All this, but i couldn't get the texture to show up in NSE!! And when i activate "Advanced Mode" and go to the first default sprite (Hero) I see that under "Sprite Pointer: " It sais "$H35BB68". When i once again put in "80125C" at "View>Offset" I see that "Sprite Pointer: " is the value which is changing. So i go back to the default hero and check the "Sprite Pointer: " and ofc it shows "$H35BB68" So i go to my Hex Workshop and go to the offset "0035BB68" but it just leads me to a bucnh of zeros?!?!?! So which offset am i going to add to "View>Offset"? I mean, if the no. 1 sprite which is hero points to "35BB68" which is only a bunch of zero's, how can that offset possibly give the texture to the hero? And how am i supposed to find the "zero space" of my sprite?!
                          #23962    
                        Old February 22nd, 2013 (8:54 AM).
                        karatekid552's Avatar
                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                        What happens if I push it?....
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 1,766
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
                          Hello there! I have a question which i really need to be answered. I repointed the pointer which points to the OWS-table to 0x00801000 and i copyed and pasted the old OWS-table to 0x00801000. Then i added a new pointer to that table pointing to 0x00802000 where i've added a copy of the hero-data. Now i open NSE and go to "View>Offset". I tried putting in various offsets because i didn't know which one it wanted me to give. I tried giving it the offset to where the pointer to the sprite-table was (the one i repointed to 0x00801000), i tried giving it the offset to the actuall spritetable, i tried giving it 0x0080125C which is the pointer in the spritetable which leads to 0x00802000 where i have the sprite-data. All this, but i couldn't get the texture to show up in NSE!! And when i activate "Advanced Mode" and go to the first default sprite (Hero) I see that under "Sprite Pointer: " It sais "$H35BB68". When i once again put in "80125C" at "View>Offset" I see that "Sprite Pointer: " is the value which is changing. So i go back to the default hero and check the "Sprite Pointer: " and ofc it shows "$H35BB68" So i go to my Hex Workshop and go to the offset "0035BB68" but it just leads me to a bucnh of zeros?!?!?! So which offset am i going to add to "View>Offset"? I mean, if the no. 1 sprite which is hero points to "35BB68" which is only a bunch of zero's, how can that offset possibly give the texture to the hero? And how am i supposed to find the "zero space" of my sprite?!
                          I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

                          Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

                          Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

                          Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.
                          __________________

                          Paired with Simba
                            #23963    
                          Old February 22nd, 2013 (8:55 AM).
                          iDowngrade iDowngrade is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 34
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                            If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.



                            Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

                            Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.
                            sorry for the giant letter, and thanks, ill give it a try later
                              #23964    
                            Old February 22nd, 2013 (11:24 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2013 by SporreKing.
                            SporreKing SporreKing is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2012
                              Posts: 15
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                              I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

                              Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

                              Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

                              Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.
                              Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?
                                #23965    
                              Old February 22nd, 2013 (11:57 AM).
                              karatekid552's Avatar
                              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                              What happens if I push it?....
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2012
                                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 1,766
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
                                Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?
                                I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.
                                __________________

                                Paired with Simba
                                  #23966    
                                Old February 22nd, 2013 (12:26 PM).
                                SporreKing SporreKing is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                                  Posts: 15
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                  I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.
                                  THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping
                                    #23967    
                                  Old February 22nd, 2013 (12:53 PM).
                                  karatekid552's Avatar
                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                  What happens if I push it?....
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 1,766
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
                                    THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping
                                    You're very welcome. I love answering questions so feel free to keep asking them. Have fun hacking!:D
                                    __________________

                                    Paired with Simba
                                      #23968    
                                    Old February 22nd, 2013 (1:06 PM).
                                    LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                    LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                    Mew!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                                      Age: 28
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 415
                                      i have 2 odd situations going on...

                                      1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

                                      2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont

                                      both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

                                      all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

                                      is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...
                                      __________________
                                        #23969    
                                      Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:20 PM).
                                      SporreKing SporreKing is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2012
                                        Posts: 15
                                        I have another question I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes Links to guides are strongly appreciated
                                          #23970    
                                        Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:34 PM).
                                        karatekid552's Avatar
                                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                        What happens if I push it?....
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bold
                                          Posts: 1,766
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
                                          I have another question I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes Links to guides are strongly appreciated
                                          This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
                                          Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.
                                          __________________

                                          Paired with Simba
                                            #23971    
                                          Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:37 PM).
                                          LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                          LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                          Mew!
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2013
                                            Age: 28
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 415
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                            This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
                                            Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.
                                            the idea is the same... you dont really need jpans engine... I used that tut sucessfully without having that engine its just a lil more work and creativity is all...
                                            __________________
                                              #23972    
                                            Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:42 PM).
                                            karatekid552's Avatar
                                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                            What happens if I push it?....
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Bold
                                              Posts: 1,766
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                              i have 2 odd situations going on...

                                              1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

                                              2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont

                                              both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

                                              all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

                                              is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...
                                              1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

                                              2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.
                                              __________________

                                              Paired with Simba
                                                #23973    
                                              Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:21 PM).
                                              SporreKing SporreKing is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                                Posts: 15
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                                This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
                                                Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.
                                                Thx once again KarateKid552! I'll try it when i get home from my vaccation ;D
                                                  #23974    
                                                Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:25 PM).
                                                LocksmithArmy's Avatar
                                                LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
                                                Mew!
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                                                  Age: 28
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 415
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                                  1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

                                                  2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.
                                                  1. yes i can...

                                                  2. I tried once making a bank 44 and it did not work... but i shall try some more...

                                                  I did corrupt a map bad once... but they are fairly easy to fix in the hex editor... this stuff is pretty straight forward (1 month ago I had done no hex work or skripting... at all... it was all gibberish) its alot of fun to learn
                                                  __________________
                                                    #23975    
                                                  Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:33 PM).
                                                  karatekid552's Avatar
                                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                                  What happens if I push it?....
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Bold
                                                    Posts: 1,766
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                                    1. yes i can...

                                                    2. I tried once making a bank 44 and it did not work... but i shall try some more...

                                                    I did corrupt a map bad once... but they are fairly easy to fix in the hex editor... this stuff is pretty straight forward (1 month ago I had done no hex work or skripting... at all... it was all gibberish) its alot of fun to learn
                                                    If you can go back and forth in A-map, then just delete all map connections, save, and try again. Sometimes it just needs a reset.
                                                    __________________

                                                    Paired with Simba
                                                    Closed Thread
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:43 PM.