• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Meh, I mean, I don't agree that it's stupid. Well, the confiscation part anyway. Suspension, maybe. My school has a three strike rule, where after the third you get suspended.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Some teachers don't care about it. Like this one who saw a student playing PSP in his class and just told him to put the device in his bag. But there are other teachers who are merciless.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Most teachers at my school doesn't care, but they "have to" take away your cell phone and suspend you or something if they see your phone out.

That's…stupid

Oh! So my school is not that different from yours. I thought mine was the only one.
Yes, it's totally non-sense. I mean, they take away your phone and if you want it back your parents are the only ones who can actually take it back (so they need to go to school and maybe lose 1 hour at work).

Luckly, my phone has never been taken away. I'm a ninja hiding it ewe

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think I'm allowed to have my phone. :? I've brought it in plenty of times, but I just use it to check the time. Besides, I seen one guy trying to get into the wifi to use the internet to cheat on a test- and the teacher was letting him.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It isn't even a school, actually. That's why I ended up stuck in dumb classes. I doubt I ever will have use of the knowledge of what a compression ignition is, hmm?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep phones are allowed, or at least used to be. Last year a nation wide ban has been called, thanks to cyber bullying and what not. Hell we even had a couple of cases of school based sexting ending up in the news.

Years
High school junior here.

@Dipu
My grades are pretty good this year. Most likely gonna change when I'm a senior, though, lol.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nathan, it's something to do with a diesel engine. I don't know enough to explain it, but that's what it is instead of being an internal combustion engine.

I'm really disappointed in myself that I know this stuff. :c

Honest

Hi!
Years
Make sure you slack of after college applications are sent in, mate. Don't want to get rescinded.

I'm off to a party, seeya~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
As long as you like....pass, I don't think anyone rescinds offers haha.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Nathan, it's something to do with a diesel engine. I don't know enough to explain it, but that's what it is instead of being an internal combustion engine.

I'm really disappointed in myself that I know this stuff. :c

I know what you talking about! I mean, I learnt that a few weeks ago. So you must know the Carnot cycle, mustn't you?

Right now I'm with pneumatics.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Wait... Diesel engine? Weird subject. I am currently in 10th grade but there is 3 years left before going to uni. I can hardly wait.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Some places rescinds offers, no? You usually have to have a bunch of pre-requisites, along with a certain grade average in most places.
I had to do a portfolio application with my college/uni applications @_@

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Xeninacra
No clue what you're talking about, sorry. x; I assume the guy who taught me about that knows what he's doing, considering he used to be a mechanic. I don't know for sure, though.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm in my school's honor roll. For the longest time I thought having a GPA over 3 (B average) would get you in, but turns out your ACT score determines it, which is pretty dumb imo. Got a 24 on it so I'm pretty much set for college.

Now I'm off to a party~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah like rescinding is a thing that colleges can do, but I've never once heard of a rescinded offer to a school honestly.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
In between for me. Saying it for the umpteenth time really lets it sink in, I really need to get into college next year or depression will kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back