• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The systems only drop to 100 when they are about to be discontinued. Expect the 3DS to remain at 170 for another year or so. Then maybe it'll drop to 150, but it'll be a long time before the 3DS' drop to the discontinued price. 5 or 6 years.

I've seen the 3DS in Australia on sale for $119 in store. And pretty much everything is more expensive here. (despite our higher dollar)

Chaos Lucario

The Legend Of Chaos
Years
well, i'm going to get Y version, because of Yveltal's pattern's, if you notice and you played Gen3 games, its patterns relate to Groudon, one of my favorite pokemon, but from a youtube video, i saw there is a possibility of being able to CUSTOMIZE your character, which in probobaly everyone's oppinion, is epic, and i see no reason that you can't simply choos an original poketrainer, such as Gold, or my favorite, Red! i think that would be cool! but it's not out yet and we'll just have to wait. only time will tell!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
well, i'm going to get Y version, because of Yveltal's pattern's, if you notice and you played Gen3 games, its patterns relate to Groudon, one of my favorite pokemon, but from a youtube video, i saw there is a possibility of being able to CUSTOMIZE your character, which in probobaly everyone's oppinion, is epic, and i see no reason that you can't simply choos an original poketrainer, such as Gold, or my favorite, Red! i think that would be cool! but it's not out yet and we'll just have to wait. only time will tell!

I doubt you'd be able to ever choose a previous character because trainers like Red could appear in future games. Imagine if you played as Red and you could battle him later in the game like you could in Johto and Unova.

Years
The systems only drop to 100 when they are about to be discontinued. Expect the 3DS to remain at 170 for another year or so. Then maybe it'll drop to 150, but it'll be a long time before the 3DS' drop to the discontinued price. 5 or 6 years.

This. Honestly, I would think with this game coming out, 3DS prices for used ones will only go up (if anyone was looking for a used one). I got mine used on ebay for $92, had a couple dings on it, but it came with everything except an SD card so I couldn't complain. Try ebay if anyone is really looking for a deal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've seen the 3DS in Australia on sale for $119 in store. And pretty much everything is more expensive here. (despite our higher dollar)

That was the cheap sale, though :x Otherwise it's usually a lot more. Maybe they'll have cheap trade in deals around that time, I guess!!

Pinta77

What if Pokemon X & Y suck? Bare with me. Gaming in general has gotten lazy. You pay $60 dollars for new a ps3 that you can beat in a day!

So think about it. Gamefreak/Nintendo is putting effort into all the 3d models, making an entirely 3d map, and everything! Do you think they are going to put less effort into the storyline because of this?

Sirfetch’d

I think the games will be ok. I know it seems like most of the thought will go into making all of the 3D models and effects, but GF always has a way of making the games great and I doubt X&Y will be any different.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hold your breath and wait I guess. I don't buy the new consoles and games anymore but I still study the newer Pokémon and the 6th generation gives me more to work with now.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Rather than have its own thread, I think this is a perfect little topic to discuss over in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation area. /merges

If these games suck, then you'll probably find me sitting alone in a dark corner crying.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd certainly be disappointed~! However, I would still play the game, and see if I can warm up to it. I do that all the time; I used to did not like D/P until I've played it a few times, and now I easily love the storyline. I see that X&Y can just be enjoyable a few times around too.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Does anyone else think you'll have the option of trainer customization? I say this because of the sunglasses in the beginning when the trainer is staring into the mirror are gone when the trainer is running from the Eiffel Tower towards the end. Maybe small changes such as accessories?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
See, here's the thing: I'd love for trainer customization to be introduced, but what are the chances of it really happening? I mentioned before that if anything, we would've seen screenshots of the main protagonists in different clothing of some sort, finally putting the character customization rumours to rest and all...but we haven't, so that's why I'm a bit skeptical really. I mean, I thought the sunglasses were part of the male protag's design? If not, then I can see them allowing small, customizations, but I'm not getting my hopes up on them allowing you to "pimp" out your character, so to speak. >.>

Yeah, after all... there is another hint on being able to customize your character in X and Y. There was a glitch just right when the player swung over the vine and his sunglasses were left behind, floating in the air.

But if it all turns out that there won't be customization... then I'd assume the sunglasses serve as some kind of special purpose, if not being an accessory.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
The games could possibly suck entirely. It does seem a bit rushed. But it would take a lot for me to hate a Pokemon game. I'd give it so many chances, because I'm so positively biased to the franchise.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm sure those deficiencies will be overlooked by a lot of us BECAUSE 3D POKEMON WOOO THREE-DIMENSIONALALALA

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It just means if there is a game breaking bug or a loophole for duplication or custom DNS servers GF can easily patch the games to not work with them, like Mario Kart 7 was fixed so certain tracks won't have shortcuts that shouldn't be.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It won't. The worse it can do is that for those long stretches of grinding the animations taking 3-4 seconds each can get very tedious.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well at least the 3DS XL has drove down the price a bit of the normal 3DS.

The 3DS XL didn't change the price of the 3DS at all....Dunno where you got that info from. The 3DS (going to go by prices here in the US) was 250 upon release. A few months later it dropped to 170. When the 3DS XL came out last year, the 3DS' price was still 170 and the XL's is 200.

Nintendo didn't drop the 3DS's price at all since the XL's release. I don't see another price drop for another 2 years at the least. They also won't drop to the 100 range until the successor to the 3DS is released in like 4 or 5 years at the least. When the systems drop to $99 then the system is being or is already discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back