ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3451    
Old February 27th, 2013 (2:57 PM).
Izanagi-No-Okami Izanagi-No-Okami is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1

    So I'm almost done with this game (first playthrough), however I've run into a major issue.. I've beaten the league, collected all of the dragon gods, beaten Joseph and gotten yiyan, and I've gotten all 8 of the ruby destiny fragments. Also be aware I'm playing on Version 15, the most recent version. I put all the fragments in my bag and headed over to the tower, but when I talked to Jayson he acted like it was my first time there, and when I talked to Chaomega he told me to go see Giratina in shadow valley. However, I already got shaymin (I had to in order to get my 8th symbol), and since I've beaten Joseph, the entrance to shadow valley in dusk path's mineral cave is gone. That's not all. Out of boredom I went to Breeze Isle, and when I got there I saw that April and Breatherna were there as well. Whenever I tried to start the double battle (for the second time now) I was able to walk around after saying yes to the battle twice.. ?? Additionally, I was able to obtain another Devihel and another Angeallen. Furthermore, I went to see if Jospeh was in front of Yiyan AGAIN, and surprisingly he was. However, when I beat him, he wouldn't move even though I had shaymin, a problem many other people had as well. I've gone through just about every page in this thread and I've seen similar questions, but nobody has answered. I would be very grateful if someone could help, as I've put alot of hours into this game... If I have to restart that's fine, but I'd like an answer because it's driving me crazy. Thanks for your time, guys.


    Relevant Advertising!

      #3452    
    Old February 27th, 2013 (5:23 PM).
    destinedjagold's Avatar
    destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
    Oh Hai Thar~
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Philippines
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 8,526

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Izanagi-No-Okami View Post
    So I'm almost done with this game (first playthrough), however I've run into a major issue.. I've beaten the league, collected all of the dragon gods, beaten Joseph and gotten yiyan, and I've gotten all 8 of the ruby destiny fragments. Also be aware I'm playing on Version 15, the most recent version. I put all the fragments in my bag and headed over to the tower, but when I talked to Jayson he acted like it was my first time there, and when I talked to Chaomega he told me to go see Giratina in shadow valley. However, I already got shaymin (I had to in order to get my 8th symbol), and since I've beaten Joseph, the entrance to shadow valley in dusk path's mineral cave is gone. That's not all. Out of boredom I went to Breeze Isle, and when I got there I saw that April and Breatherna were there as well. Whenever I tried to start the double battle (for the second time now) I was able to walk around after saying yes to the battle twice.. ?? Additionally, I was able to obtain another Devihel and another Angeallen. Furthermore, I went to see if Jospeh was in front of Yiyan AGAIN, and surprisingly he was. However, when I beat him, he wouldn't move even though I had shaymin, a problem many other people had as well. I've gone through just about every page in this thread and I've seen similar questions, but nobody has answered. I would be very grateful if someone could help, as I've put alot of hours into this game... If I have to restart that's fine, but I'd like an answer because it's driving me crazy. Thanks for your time, guys.

    I am aware of this bug, but unfortunately, I have no idea what it causing this to happen.
    It's a rare bug though.

    Anyway, please send me your saved file via PM so I can activate the final event for you.
    Note: Save file, not saved states.

    I'll get back to you when I get home.

    __________________



    FC: 0061-1111-6462
    TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

      #3453    
    Old March 1st, 2013 (8:12 AM).
    Damned Damned is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Posts: 98

      Where can I find Seviper and Croagunk and how far would it be in the game?

      __________________

      Space for rent.

        #3454    
      Old March 1st, 2013 (10:30 PM).
      XeroNos's Avatar
      XeroNos XeroNos is offline
         
        Join Date: Jan 2011
        Location: Finding new Challenges !!
        Age: 28
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 3,015

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Damned View Post
        Where can I find Seviper and Croagunk and how far would it be in the game?
        I am quite sure Croagunk is on the route south of 1st gym's city

          #3455    
        Old March 2nd, 2013 (7:18 AM).
        Damned Damned is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2011
          Posts: 98

          So yeah, I just did the Light catching Ralts script, and just like the first post mentioned, my level 13 Charmander fainted the Ralts with two scratches. Is this going to cause any problems in my game later on?

          __________________

          Space for rent.

            #3456    
          Old March 2nd, 2013 (7:37 AM).
          darknessrules darknessrules is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: India
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 13

            i know this is wrong thread but destinedjagold can i send ruby destiny save file
            I have told u this before but still the same after months of playing
            I really liked it a lot but after u have to do training section 1 again,i keep going to the land of the dead and when devihel resseructs me i go back to the land of the dead and this goes on forever
            by the way i play this game on my android galaxy y using gameboid emu

              #3457    
            Old March 2nd, 2013 (7:42 AM).
            destinedjagold's Avatar
            destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
            Oh Hai Thar~
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2007
            Location: Philippines
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 8,526

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by darknessrules View Post
            i know this is wrong thread but destinedjagold can i send ruby destiny save file
            I have told u this before but still the same after months of playing
            I really liked it a lot but after u have to do training section 1 again,i keep going to the land of the dead and when devihel resseructs me i go back to the land of the dead and this goes on forever
            by the way i play this game on my android galaxy y using gameboid emu

            This thread is for Life of Guardians only though.
            So if you have problems with the previous RD games, leave me a PM or a VM.
            Don't post it here.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Damned View Post
            So yeah, I just did the Light catching Ralts script, and just like the first post mentioned, my level 13 Charmander fainted the Ralts with two scratches. Is this going to cause any problems in my game later on?

            It won't change the game. Don't worry about it.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Damned View Post
            Where can I find Seviper and Croagunk and how far would it be in the game?

            If you have seen them, then you can look up their locations with your PokeDex.
            I forgot of their whereabouts though... Soz... :\

            __________________



            FC: 0061-1111-6462
            TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

              #3458    
            Old March 2nd, 2013 (8:05 AM).
            Damned Damned is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2011
              Posts: 98

              Thanks for the confirm of no problems with the Ralts fainting.

              AlienhunterX, I looked south of the first gym (The one in Silkwind Town with Janice as the Elemental Master right?) and did not find a Croagunk. If you still have a save file from that game, could look him up in your pokedex for me?

              __________________

              Space for rent.

                #3459    
              Old March 2nd, 2013 (9:34 AM).
              U.Flame's Avatar
              U.Flame U.Flame is offline
              Suuuper Busy
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2008
                Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 1,254

                I hate reposting but being the last post in the previous page usually means it goes unseen as people only pay attention to the current page and not realize what was posted last. (Either that or I'm being ignored, lol) Anyways,

                "Speaking of R.D.'s (Wait...Ruby Destiny not Rainbow Dash) missing backsprite, pretty much all unobtainable Pokemon have missing backsprites. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but since Mew has Transform, transforming into those Pokemon looks weird due to the "??" backsprite. It's minor, but I suggest adding backsprites to even unobtainable Pokemon for Transform's sake."

                __________________

                Hacks I'm working on:
                Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
                3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
                Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

                Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

                Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

                Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                Times I've ninja'd people: 3

                  #3460    
                Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:16 AM).
                jog5454's Avatar
                jog5454 jog5454 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                  Location: North Dakota, USA
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 31

                  I really love this hack a lot! It was a very creative hack.... even though I never finished it I kept getting glitched in the betas haha. I will give it another shot and we will see what happens

                  __________________

                  Ultimate Random Challenge Progress: Fire Red 8/8 - Gold 16/16 - Emerald 0/8 - Diamond 0/8 - White 0/8
                  Random Challenge Teams:
                  Fire Red: Starmie lvl 64, Arbok lvl 60, Pidgeot lvl 60, Areodactyl lvl 62, Jolteon lvl 62, Tangela lvl 60
                  Gold: Typhlosion lvl 60, Furret lvl 60, Donphan lvl 60, Ampharos lvl 60, Persian lvl 60, Starmie lvl 60
                  Emerald: Scyther lvl 10
                  Diamond N/A
                  White N/A

                    #3461    
                  Old March 2nd, 2013 (6:41 PM).
                  Skylar97's Avatar
                  Skylar97 Skylar97 is offline
                  Hack enjoyer
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                    Location: Kelso wa
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 31

                    this is the king of hacked games

                    __________________

                    Hacks I enjoy


                    Thanks for all the great work.

                      #3462    
                    Old March 3rd, 2013 (3:08 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,494

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
                    "Speaking of R.D.'s (Wait...Ruby Destiny not Rainbow Dash) missing backsprite, pretty much all unobtainable Pokemon have missing backsprites. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but since Mew has Transform, transforming into those Pokemon looks weird due to the "??" backsprite. It's minor, but I suggest adding backsprites to even unobtainable Pokemon for Transform's sake."
                    Useless spriting, don't you think? :D
                    Transform should just be replaced with another move and it would work as well. :D

                    __________________

                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List

                      #3463    
                    Old March 3rd, 2013 (5:25 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2013 by kensarcher.
                    kensarcher's Avatar
                    kensarcher kensarcher is offline
                    Hack Addict
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Location: Metro Manila
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 45

                      i just want to share this for those beginner players who just recently downloaded this hack.
                      start your journey doing this before going to the academy.. when you do your first step at
                      bouquet field go to mineral cave immediately.

                      i raised my charmander up to lvl 45 at the mineral cave and turn it to charizard
                      "before going to hevah academy" and i think i can make it up to lvl 50. for roughly(3 hours including the search for stormidran)
                      i also caught stormidran using the hidden pokeball at silk village at the bottom of day care center.
                      im abusing my savestate for me to catch this rare lvl 40 pokemon at the start of my journey.

                      Mineral Cave Pokemons
                      name: lvl: exp:
                      magnemite 27-35 350-490
                      stormidran 40-41 850 (i guess)
                      occutales 27-36 850 (i guess also)
                      graveler 27-36 700
                      geodude 27-36 (i dont know coz i dont battle w/ this pokemon)
                      swoobat 27-36 550- 600+
                      woobat 27-36 250-300 +
                      zubat 27-36 same as woobat
                      lunatone 27-36 650-750
                      solrock 27-36 650-750

                      note: i use smokescreen first then savestate until the 2nd atk misses
                      if you want to catch stormidran(abbility levitate) a really powerful lightning/dragon fan made pokemon the percentage for it to
                      appear is i guess 1%
                      but after catching this pokemon you can now use switching battle
                      for you to win against lunatone,solrock,swoobat and graveler

                      Stomidran Skills are spark, iron tail,twister and lightningbolt

                      sorry for my english

                      __________________

                      ________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________
                      _________________________________________________
                      I'm a proud Filipino! xD Playing Pokemon since 1st year HS[/sig-reason]

                        #3464    
                      Old March 3rd, 2013 (6:24 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2013 by Damned.
                      Damned Damned is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2011
                        Posts: 98

                        Found Croagunk, he can be found the earliest in Vextra Forest, just in case anybody else was looking for him.

                        Ok so I just somehow ended up with a Sludge Bomb TM in my inventory! I just went through the Safari Zone for the first time (Caught about 11 Scyther so I could get one with the nature that I wanted). I'm not really complaining since I now have a really nice move for my Croagunk, but still, has this happened to anyone else? Did I pick it up somewhere along the way and forget I had it?

                        __________________

                        Space for rent.

                          #3465    
                        Old March 3rd, 2013 (10:32 PM).
                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                        Memento Mori
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 14,494

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Damned View Post
                        Did I pick it up somewhere along the way and forget I had it?
                        That's most probable solution. TMs do not magically appear outta nowhere

                        __________________

                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List

                          #3466    
                        Old March 6th, 2013 (2:50 AM).
                        DCson17's Avatar
                        DCson17 DCson17 is offline
                        a modest hacker
                           
                          Join Date: May 2012
                          Location: Canada
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 17

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                          That's most probable solution. TMs do not magically appear outta nowhere

                          Made me chortle a little bit. xD

                          __________________




                            #3467    
                          Old March 7th, 2013 (8:16 AM). Edited March 8th, 2013 by Damned.
                          Damned Damned is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2011
                            Posts: 98

                            OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

                            Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

                            I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

                            Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

                            EDIT:

                            Hey DJG,

                            I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

                            Thanks.

                            __________________

                            Space for rent.

                              #3468    
                            Old March 8th, 2013 (10:07 PM).
                            XeroNos's Avatar
                            XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2011
                              Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                              Age: 28
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Brave
                              Posts: 3,015

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Damned View Post
                              OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

                              Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

                              I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

                              Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

                              EDIT:

                              Hey DJG,

                              I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

                              Thanks.

                              Well I will only make this short, You did not need to use TM Pyro Strike on Charizard because it learns itself by leveling up. Other starters like Blastoise and Venusaur also learn similar powerful move when they grow. Secondly the game only has 3 main story branching, The Good, Normal and the Bad side. 4th one is just sort of one's own method. You can play them all by using save states. But in the hack only one can be played one at a time

                                #3469    
                              Old March 10th, 2013 (2:22 AM).
                              hackstar's Avatar
                              hackstar hackstar is offline
                              Check it out!!
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2013
                                Location: Dhaka
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 243

                                hey dgr should make a new hack of ruby destiny series with 6th generation pokemon ....because new pokemon will be quite match with his hack....and I believe you should go for it dr!!!

                                __________________

                                Always FEEL CONFIDENT!!!

                                  #3470    
                                Old March 10th, 2013 (8:55 AM).
                                Damned Damned is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2011
                                  Posts: 98

                                  Dude is retired for Pokemon ROM hacking.

                                  __________________

                                  Space for rent.

                                    #3471    
                                  Old March 10th, 2013 (1:58 PM).
                                  U.Flame's Avatar
                                  U.Flame U.Flame is offline
                                  Suuuper Busy
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                                    Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 1,254

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Damned View Post
                                    Dude is retired for Pokemon ROM hacking.
                                    What gave you that impression? Pokemon Skyline is still in development, even if progress is slow or halted. Inactivity doesn't mean retirement.

                                    __________________

                                    Hacks I'm working on:
                                    Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
                                    3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
                                    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                                    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

                                    Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                                    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                                    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

                                    Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

                                    Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                                    Times I've ninja'd people: 3

                                      #3472    
                                    Old March 10th, 2013 (4:29 PM).
                                    Damned Damned is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                                      Posts: 98

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
                                      What gave you that impression? Pokemon Skyline is still in development, even if progress is slow or halted. Inactivity doesn't mean retirement.

                                      I thought he said after this game he was done with ROM hacking because of real life.

                                      __________________

                                      Space for rent.

                                        #3473    
                                      Old March 10th, 2013 (5:10 PM).
                                      pokemontrainerroxas's Avatar
                                      pokemontrainerroxas pokemontrainerroxas is offline
                                      Pokemon Hack Player
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Adamant
                                        Posts: 3

                                        One of the best hacks ever, also i got chaomega by saying no to the guy in the tower of fate is that normal?

                                        __________________

                                        pokemonRubyDestinySeries:D

                                          #3474    
                                        Old March 10th, 2013 (7:12 PM).
                                        destinedjagold's Avatar
                                        destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                                        Oh Hai Thar~
                                        • Silver Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2007
                                        Location: Philippines
                                        Age: 26
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Careful
                                        Posts: 8,526

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by pokemontrainerroxas View Post
                                        One of the best hacks ever, also i got chaomega by saying no to the guy in the tower of fate is that normal?

                                        eeyup.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Damned View Post
                                        I thought he said after this game he was done with ROM hacking because of real life.

                                        I don't remember ever saying that though. :\
                                        Yes, it's possible for me to stop ROM Hacking but, even if that day comes, I'll still be hanging around in the "who's online" page. xD

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
                                        hey dgr should make a new hack of ruby destiny series with 6th generation pokemon ....because new pokemon will be quite match with his hack....and I believe you should go for it dr!!!

                                        maybe...

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Damned View Post
                                        Spoiler:
                                        OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

                                        Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

                                        I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

                                        Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

                                        I made those so pipz can have an easy life beating the bosses in the game. :\

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Damned View Post
                                        Hey DJG,

                                        I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

                                        Thanks.

                                        You can start the branching when you finally got your 5 badges (again).
                                        just talk to the pink/yellow/whatever-color-it-is pyramid in the game~

                                        __________________



                                        FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                        TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                                          #3475    
                                        Old March 10th, 2013 (11:48 PM).
                                        nomi1993a's Avatar
                                        nomi1993a nomi1993a is offline
                                        Nauman Nasir
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 32

                                          how can i get written walkthrough of this game plz help

                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:46 PM.