• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
I like the story for the project, I hope that the finished project will be at a greater level than the original pokemon games.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
How do we receive our prizes from the daily draw? I've won a super potion and a masterball, but recieved nothing. Also, after you beat Theo on the cruise it says that you can take as much time as you want to get off, but then you get sent off right after.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2013
I downloaded the game as advertised on a Deviant Art page, the 3.0 file has a Trojan. Lucky for me McAfee picked it up when I ran the executable(where the Trojan is found). This was strange(to me), as McAfee has never given me reliable virus protection except from outside IP addresses.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Metalynx (level 37)
Tanscure (level 36)
Palij (level 35)
Gaslug (level 30) (Just caught him, he's great! Training him up.)
Quetzoral (level 28, freshly caught)
Barewel (Nicknamed TROLL)(Hm Slave)(Level 10)

EDIT: I managed copy the info on the pop-up window that appears when the game freezes.. maybe it'll help with identifying the problem? I think you're right though, I'll try playing on a different computer.

---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonPhonein:13:in `pbRandomPhoneTrainer'
PokemonPhone:6:in `each'
PokemonPhone:6:in `pbRandomPhoneTrainer'
PokemonPhone:206
PokemonPhone:174:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
Scene_Map:59:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:115:in `update'

Oh, I see what's happening; you're getting a random call from a trainer. Several people have reported the game crashing when this happens; my advice is to hold out for 3.1, which should be out in a few weeks with bugfixes and improved events.

I think the download link is broken, thats why i went to the front page and downloaded the wrong one >.<

Try this one: [link]

I like the story for the project, I hope that the finished project will be at a greater level than the original pokemon games.

Ha ha, well, we don't have the resources that Game Freak does so we'll never be on a greater level than them, but we hope to be fun, interesting, and challenging! Plus, I like to deviate from the Pokemon formula sometimes in some new ways. Glad you enjoy it!

How do we receive our prizes from the daily draw? I've won a super potion and a masterball, but recieved nothing. Also, after you beat Theo on the cruise it says that you can take as much time as you want to get off, but then you get sent off right after.

Thanks for letting us know about both of these things. They'll be fixed in the next version.

I downloaded the game as advertised on a Deviant Art page, the 3.0 file has a Trojan. Lucky for me McAfee picked it up when I ran the executable(where the Trojan is found). This was strange(to me), as McAfee has never given me reliable virus protection except from outside IP addresses.

"lucky" for you, McAfee turns up the game as a false positive when it isn't actually a virus. This is because we're not a registered publisher, and there is a virus out there that is named "game.exe," but it's not ours. Disable your antivirus and extract again, and I suggest getting a better antivirus-- Avast! is free and good.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Metalynx (level 37)
Tanscure (level 36)
Palij (level 35)
Gaslug (level 30) (Just caught him, he's great! Training him up.)
Quetzoral (level 28, freshly caught)
Barewel (Nicknamed TROLL)(Hm Slave)(Level 10)

EDIT: I managed copy the info on the pop-up window that appears when the game freezes.. maybe it'll help with identifying the problem? I think you're right though, I'll try playing on a different computer.

Pokemon Uranium
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonPhonein:13:in `pbRandomPhoneTrainer'
PokemonPhone:6:in `each'
PokemonPhone:6:in `pbRandomPhoneTrainer'
PokemonPhone:206
PokemonPhone:174:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
Scene_Map:59:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:115:in `update'

im new to the forum, but ive been playing 3.0 for 6 hours straight and i LOVE it. i stopped playing pokemon YEARS ago but when i did i was obsessed lol. and just recently i saw on tumblr a post about uranium and i thought i would try it out. and it is amazing. the fakemon, the story, everything. but i recently ran into the SAME error messege on mine. but i was just walking into the pokecenter when it happened. the only guess i can come up with is it has to do with my phone? im not sure if that would make sense. it randomly happened. ive also been taking screenshots of any bugs or tiny problems ive had. but as of right now i cant play because everytime i try to open my saved game, i get that error messege. and after i exit the messege i cant move my character and no buttons work. but the music keeps playing. i really dont wanna start over XD i already got 2 badges and im lazy. lol
P.S not sure if you need it but im almost always free and ive messed around with sprites a tiny bit so if you need any help at all just email me or something. [email protected] im willing to do anything you may need. the game is freaking awesome i love it. keep up the awesome work.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
im new to the forum, but ive been playing 3.0 for 6 hours straight and i LOVE it. i stopped playing pokemon YEARS ago but when i did i was obsessed lol. and just recently i saw on tumblr a post about uranium and i thought i would try it out. and it is amazing. the fakemon, the story, everything. but i recently ran into the SAME error messege on mine. but i was just walking into the pokecenter when it happened. the only guess i can come up with is it has to do with my phone? im not sure if that would make sense. it randomly happened. ive also been taking screenshots of any bugs or tiny problems ive had. but as of right now i cant play because everytime i try to open my saved game, i get that error messege. and after i exit the messege i cant move my character and no buttons work. but the music keeps playing. i really dont wanna start over XD i already got 2 badges and im lazy. lol
P.S not sure if you need it but im almost always free and ive messed around with sprites a tiny bit so if you need any help at all just email me or something. [email protected] im willing to do anything you may need. the game is freaking awesome i love it. keep up the awesome work.

Try to time the call/crash time to a moment where you are in a exterior. That way you will receive the call and the game won't crash. That's all you gotta do. If you think the call will happen right after the moment you have saved, just go asap to a exterior.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2013
I am tempted to trust you, the only thing is I have other rmxp games, all unregistered, many using game.exe and it never stops, nor attempts to stop them. I will try again.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I am tempted to trust you, the only thing is I have other rmxp games, all unregistered, many using game.exe and it never stops, nor attempts to stop them. I will try again.
There are no viruses on it, but it's up to you to believe on me or not. The problem is Game.exe is a name of a common virus so for precaution Anti-virus point anything with that name/extension as viruses.

Hey, quick question. Is the your theme music a remix from Meteos on the ds?
Yes it is!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hey, ~JV~,
Just thought I'd tell you:
Neither the Mediafire nor the Rapidshare links for version 3.0 are working.
The MF link is "invalid or deleted" and the RS says your "public link is exhausted".
I'd recommend uploading it to dropbox or similar, and linking from there, since it doesn't have a limit of downloads.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey, ~JV~,
Just thought I'd tell you:
Neither the Mediafire nor the Rapidshare links for version 3.0 are working.
The MF link is "invalid or deleted" and the RS says your "public link is exhausted".
I'd recommend uploading it to dropbox or similar, and linking from there, since it doesn't have a limit of downloads.

Already had done this but totally forgot about updating it here on PC!

Google Drive

Download it from there, I'll update the first post soon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
Is there anyway to make the screen bigger aside from adjusting the resolution in properties?, could you make the screen bigger anyway im loving the game BTW

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hi I tried the game and enjoyed it. Great job !
Is seikamater catchable ?

CrowClaw : try alt+enter ;)

Edit : Is there any other stone than the water stone ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Is there anyway to make the screen bigger aside from adjusting the resolution in properties?, could you make the screen bigger anyway im loving the game BTW

Go to options -> screen size, the only choices are 256x192 and 512x384, but the latter should be good enough.

Hi I tried the game and enjoyed it. Great job !
Is seikamater catchable ?

CrowClaw : try alt+enter ;)

Edit : Is there any other stone than the water stone ?
Seikamater is not catchable, just as Tiko says before the battle. You'll have to obtain her some other way. (hint: the method is included in the download...)

There are other stones in the game-- there's a man on the top floor of a house in Rochfale who gives out random stones when you show him specific Pokemon (Dunsparce, Magikarp, etc). There are various stones scattered around the other routes, too. In 3.1 we'll add them to the lottery and an event in Vinoville where you can choose any stone you like.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I got around to playing the new version (after my last attempt was less than up to par) and I am still oustounded by the doors, I always had trouble making it so they work like they should despite your size, and i never had any luck, you amaze me with that, I also am having fun with your tons of fake pokemon, mostly having no clue what type they are, and giving them new names :3
one thing that perplexes me though is how you got to change the little orange symbol in the corner of the game's screen, how did you do that? :o

also, as for (at least the female hero) when standing still, facing left, there is a misplacement, where there is not enough shadow underneath and a bit of shadow on the top

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Since other people have mentioned having trouble with the name "Game.exe" (I am too), why don't you just change the name to something like Uranium.exe? I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, so I don't know if it's possible/how easy that would be.

Years
I just started playing your game, because it looks truly awesome!
But there seems to be one quite irritating thing in my game: whenever I have to choose between options, it is really difficult to get behind the first option. It starts as soon as the new game - option menu pops up, but it becomes quite crucial to go further than the "info controls" menu. The red arrow seems to stick around the first option, sometimes it just flickers to the next option whenever I try to go to that option, but the time that the red arrow stays at the next option just last for a couple tenths of a second.

With some luck I was able to get to name my character and I had no problems using the arrow keys, so there seems to be no problem with my arrow keys but with the menu control.

Furthermore, even if I disable my antivirus it seems if I am not able to extract a couple of things out of the rar file. Like the audio map the ini file and all of the dll files, they seem to disappear whenever I extract the rar file, maybe it is possible that this problem causes the almost not being able to pick another option than the first option.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
tumblr_mnf6slP5Dp1s018r1o1_1280.png

Pokemon Uranium Beta 3.1 is out!

Download: [Drive] [Mega]
Mac version coming soon!​

New in v3.1:

• 4 new Fakemon
  • Sidequests in Rochfale and Kevlar
  • Rival battle
  • VS Sprites!
  • Rebalancing
  • New cries
  • COUNTLESS bugfixes

If you have problems getting the game to run, please check the Readme included in the download.

NOTE: We will not be posting regular updates on Pokecommunity anymore. The best way to keep track of the game's progress is via our Tumblr or DeviantArt.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Twitch and JV

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Wooh this has made a TON of progress JV congrats..
Definitely gonna play this sometime soon

Back