• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I don't want anymore of either. If Black and White could provide us with all new creatures, then why not continue down that path? If they have to include the old guys, then just include them as is.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Qwilfish evo.

...Though questionable on whether or not it's even necessary, though it certainly wouldn't kill anyone. It's really the only Water/Poison Pokemon we have, so yeah, I think it would be beneficial more than anything else. D:

Well, redlion fish sort of resemble it, so, I can see an evolution based on that! As for it's viablity, it can perfectly have an Intimidate ability as well as features to utility moves such as Spikes and Toxic Spikes~ It'd certainly be a killer in the rain as well as an overall damage sponge.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As much as I like Gastrodon, I don't see the Sea Slug Pokémon gaining any legs or wings =P Maybe an evolution from a slug something like a serpent or snake, but definitely no wings or legs.

Yeah I'm not sure how a slug could fly unless it got wings as in... floatation wings??

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
This is just really guesswork but do you think this generation will have 8 baby pokemon?

Gen's two and four both introduced 8 baby pokemon each. If this is indicative of a pattern developing then I would expect us to get 8 baby pokemon in Pokemon XY.

Just something to chew on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wouldn't really trust patterns at this point. :( But who knows, really? Maybe just a few will be introduced! Hopefully not for really unnecessary ones. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
On the plus side they can bring certain Pokemon to light that weren't brought to light before. :3

I'm not sure what can really be brought to life, but there's tons of options in Pokemon so any sort of evolution of any Pokemon is likely! I mean we might even get LEGENDARY PRE-EVOS! Such as Articuno. :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
On another note I was just thinking about gimmick pokemon.

I think there are some past gimmick pokemon that could evolve and give up their "gimmick" status now. I mean in a lot of cases gimmick pokemon are only really "cool" in the gen they were introduced and then the next gen of gimmicks arrive and they're not as relevant.

Obviously they are a few like Ditto and Smeargle that won't evolve but I would really love to see pokemon like Delibird, Spinda, Kecleon or Chatot get evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
I knows that they are making evolutions or the monkeys. They are going to be called: orangasear, orangapour, and orangasage

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I knows that they are making evolutions or the monkeys. They are going to be called: orangasear, orangapour, and orangasage

How do you know that for sure...? I kind of highly doubt that'll occur, though, because they seemed finished off as it was. :x

On another note I was just thinking about gimmick pokemon.

I think there are some past gimmick pokemon that could evolve and give up their "gimmick" status now. I mean in a lot of cases gimmick pokemon are only really "cool" in the gen they were introduced and then the next gen of gimmicks arrive and they're not as relevant.

Obviously they are a few like Ditto and Smeargle that won't evolve but I would really love to see pokemon like Delibird, Spinda, Kecleon or Chatot get evolutions.

idm if they evolve but they just kind of lack a purpose now to evolve :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
And Castform, and Luvdisc (gen 3 had the most gimmick Pokémom...). I see Castform and Kecleon evolving however. Perhaps Kecleon can evolve into a Normal/Dragon and get Multitype (when using Draco Plate it becomes pure Dragon).

Pokemaster234

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Evolution Ideas

Hi everyone.this post will be of Pokemon who you think may evolve
I think Dunspace needs one.
Please be free to post your Ideas or anything here

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hi everyone.this post will be of Pokemon who you think may evolve
I think Dunspace needs one.
Please be free to post your Ideas or anything here
Moved your thread into an already pre-existing thread of the same topic.

+1 on a Dunsparce evolution for this generation though!

Years
I'm hoping for Dunsparce, Houndoom (It's not needed, but It'd look so cool :<) Sharpedo, Pinsir, Heracross, Tentacruel, and a few more I can't get off the top of my head.

None of these are really necessary, and there's other poke's that definitely need an evo more than these ones, haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm sad because some people forgot Tentacruel is Water/Poison too...
Anyways a Tentacruel evolution would be awesome to see, a giant jellyfish that looks alien like.

We should make a petition for a Dunspance evolution...maybe if GF hasn't already made one they could add it in before the game's out (and if they don't wish to mess with their dex number, that's if they finished making it already, they can give it the DP dex treatment).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see either of those happening. Arbok is kind of established how it is, and if they gave Seviper an evolution they'd have to give on to Zangoose as well, since they're a pair. Zangoose is already strong enough as it is, so I'm just not seeing it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well hello there, Tropius. I wonder if you'll have an evolution, but it seems like you're pretty much set as it is. It's kind of disappointing though, because you're a Pokemon that clearly has tons of potential, but yet you're fairly easy to defeat. Oh well.

Oh, and you too, Dewgong. Only out of curiosity, and because your stat total absolutely sucks, which is a shame because you're one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to use you in battle, and you look like a pretty bulky Pokemon but your stats are just a shame. .__.

I'd love a Tropius evolution honestly. I love the concept of it but it'd be hard to make something...more of it I suppose? It's already got a lot going on (aesthetically), but stats wise and movepool I'd love to see it be given an evolution! Dewgong could as well, as the evolution for Seel to Dewgong was honestly pretty minor (other than gaining a horn, it's Ice secondary typing, and gaining a little more size...nothing).

Back