• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Finished it up, hopefully in good accord with what you'd like.

Khawill

<3
Years
Forgot to clarify, the "flute" can not be any player in the RP, it has to be an NPC (preferably made by yellow, as she is the leader, though I suppose anyone could do it). This both prevents conflict, and allows everyone a chance to interact with it him/her

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@StinkomanFan: I've got excellent news. I don't see further issue or reason to delay the approval of your app. You're approved! You may jump in in the IC thread any time you please now, though I should probably warn you that forum RP is once again rather sluggish compared to realtime RP.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well if this "Azure Flute" is a legend, or at the very least a rumor, then I think that it would be best for it to be an angel or some (demi-)celestial or (demi-)divine being; someone who, for some reason, has been shown to come in contact with Arceus in the past or has shown some unusual potential or behavior that was unorthodox for humans.

Their voice could still be the way they gain access to the Hall of Origins. The Azure Flute, as the game puts it, "[echoes] sounds that do not seem to be of [the pokemon] world. Someone with an exceptional and surreal voice would truly be worthy of the title "Azure Flute".

Dawn

Years
@blaziken153: Of course! Go ahead.

@Machomuu: Keeping in mind that you want to avoid creating a character that comes off as perfect to others, the context being divine beings and whatnot. Basic anti-sue measures and whatnot.

Years
Name: Lucas Dean

Age (10-13): 12

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Appearance: Lucas stands at 6'1 and weights 120 pounds. He usually wears a green t-shirt, black pants, yellow sneakers and a black hat.His eyesight is not very good, so he wears glasses.He has a good luck necklace which is pokeball shaped.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):Lucas is rather friendly, he cares about his friends and wants to help them as much as he can. On the other hand not a lot of people want to be his friends, but he dose not pay attention to that he cares about his own friends. He is really afraid of spiders.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?): Lucas grew up in Cinabar island, but at the age of 7 he moved with his parents to Canalave city.
He lived with his parents his whole life, Lucas did not see his father a lot, becouse of work.He worked at the Poke mart and his mother worked at the Library.His mother loves Lucas with all her heart.Lucas once broke his leg while playing, he could not walk for at least a year, and up to this day his leg hurts a lot sometimes.

Pokéspirit
Species: Blaziken

Personality : Blaziken is nice,he cares a lot for Lucas.He used to fight a lot before he became a pokespirit, but he only fought if needed.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): Blaze kick, Sky uppercut, Slash, Flame Burst.

Opening Post (I will give a bit of a story of when Lucas moved):
It was a sunny morning in Cinabar island, many of the people were still sleeping, but not Lucas he knew it was the day he was going to move.The boat arrived.
"This will take us to Fuschia City and then we will take the truck to the airport" Lucas' mother said
"I'm going to say goodbye to my friends!" Lucas happily said
"Alright, but be back within the hour we will be leaving soon" Lucas' Father said
Lucas ran as fast as he can, then he saw Blaine the gym leader.His pokemon were friends of Lucas.Lucas went to his friends said goodbye and left.Going back he saw Blaine again.Lucas stoped and went to say goodbye to the pokemon.
"Um... Mr.Blaine...could i say goodbye to the pokemon?"Lucas said.
"Oh? Yes of course. COME ON OUT EVERYONE!" Blaine Shouted.
Lucas saw his pokemon for the last time, said goodbye and left.
Back at the house the boat was about to leave, he entered the boat and left Cinabar island.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: Keeping in mind that you want to avoid creating a character that comes off as perfect to others, the context being divine beings and whatnot. Basic anti-sue measures and whatnot.
It'd be easy to make them a non-sue, all we have to do is give the being a few properties that set them apart, but still give them enough human properties and faults to still make her "mortal", so to speak. It'd be no surprise that Arceus would make an imperfect angel (or any sort of hybrid) as it would do well not to have too much attention drawn to them.

I'd just suggest that they have a unique aesthetic and the "voice to call God" to warrant the name "Azure Flute".

Batel

A nothing.
Years
I must say that after reading the discussion of the Azure Flute, I can't help but be hugely intrigued by the concept of Arceus actually creating a way to interact with him after all of the crap they pulled. I know that he has already shown mercy through the creation of that big hunk of rock on Mt. Coronet, but the thought that he would actually create a way to possibly /speak/ to him would astound me. Then again, many gods in ancient mythologies have done far stranger things... So it wouldn't be that far outside the realm of possibility in my mind(as if that actually matters).

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
You sure weren't joking about not posting for a while, jeeze... maybe I should start my Application for another RP in the meantime.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: Well who's going to make that character? I certainly didn't think it up. :P

@StinkomanFan: An excellent idea.

Dawn

Years
I apologize for not keeping things moving guys. The issue right now is that I can't seem to get ahold of Torn Zero for a joint post... I suppose I'll have to work around that unless the issue is rectified rather quickly.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
sorry i havnt posted in a long time my moniter is broke atm so I'm resorting to my laptop for now and flip its slow, at least the keyboard works lol. About the azure flute situation may I recomend something.

The azure flute is presumably going to be a person, but how do we interact with this person. Thinking back to the point I made about the orbs, perhaps a group of people in the rp , or several groups fight for each orb as teams (in a sence) and even if 1 team doesnt have all the orbs they can still place their orbs at the alter and release this demon / angel. Its an idea nether the less.

Khawill

<3
Years
sorry i havnt posted in a long time my moniter is broke atm so I'm resorting to my laptop for now and flip its slow, at least the keyboard works lol. About the azure flute situation may I recomend something.

The azure flute is presumably going to be a person, but how do we interact with this person. Thinking back to the point I made about the orbs, perhaps a group of people in the rp , or several groups fight for each orb as teams (in a sence) and even if 1 team doesnt have all the orbs they can still place their orbs at the alter and release this demon / angel. Its an idea nether the less.

The second part stopped making sense to me, because there are no orbs, teams, or angels/demons that I'm aware of...

To answer your question, it would be an NPC that any of us could find and interact with (though nobody would know the importance IC) then as more evidence is provided to its role, the more people will attempt to find it.

I assume every child (that is a player at least) is probably on the side of bringing Pokemon back, while most adults would like to kill this child, specificly the ones with a lot of power.

Speaking of this, I think I will make this character soon, before my next post.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The second part stopped making sense to me, because there are no orbs, teams, or angels/demons that I'm aware of...

To answer your question, it would be an NPC that any of us could find and interact with (though nobody would know the importance IC) then as more evidence is provided to its role, the more people will attempt to find it.

I assume every child (that is a player at least) is probably on the side of bringing Pokemon back, while most adults would like to kill this child, specificly the ones with a lot of power.

Speaking of this, I think I will make this character soon, before my next post.
The orbs he's referring to are those of Palkia and Dialga, though I don't think that those will be needed to access the HoG...though it is worth considering.

There are no teams (that we know of, though there are forces and groups that are a threat to various status quo), and there's no pokemon I know that is antithesis to Arceus to make a sort of demon, but the angel he's referring to is the Azure Flute herself.

...and I've noticed that almost everytime I right about the Azure Flute, I call them a her. As such, I think they should be either a hermaphrodite or a female (as an angel, both would make sense, but in the case of some sort of sexual encounter I could see her being a female, just as a precautionary measure on Arceus' part), and in either case I propose that their name should be Aoi. It's not particularly subtle, but the name itself isn't that unordinary.

Though when you think about it, I'd see no reason most adults would want her gone. If anything, it's the children that would, because they are the ones with the pokespirits, and quite a few of them are enjoying or are accustomed to their powers. Many of them can actually sustain their lives better than some adults can for this reason. Not all of them, of course, and many of them are suffering (some of them because of their pokespirits), but when you think about it, adults have very little reason to want to destroy something that could actually improve their facets of everyday life and restore order to the now anachronistic world.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Yea now that I think about it, the factions would no longer be adult v children, it would be power for all v power for one. I don't know about the name Aoi (mostly because the name is pure vowels :D) So what about Idoa or so something (though the name part is almost always hard for me)

I've kept the gender unknown because honestly I still don't think it should be an angel. I mean they don't exist in Pokemon (or at least never referenced) and since Arceus is a physical, seeable, and sentient Pokemon. It just seems like it should be a human with a special pokespirit that is the "flute"

I was thinking someone who was infused with a mew spirit, considering mew is pretty symbolic as the most pure pokemon.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yea now that I think about it, the factions would no longer be adult v children, it would be power for all v power for one. I don't know about the name Aoi (mostly because the name is pure vowels :D) So what about Idoa or so something (though the name part is almost always hard for me)

I've kept the gender unknown because honestly I still don't think it should be an angel. I mean they don't exist in Pokemon (or at least never referenced) and since Arceus is a physical, seeable, and sentient Pokemon. It just seems like it should be a human with a special pokespirit that is the "flute"

I was thinking someone who was infused with a mew spirit, considering mew is pretty symbolic as the most pure pokemon.
Thing is, there has never been a canonical appearance of Arceus in the games AFAIK. As such, the existence of angels or other divine operatives is not unlikely. Well, it's not that their existence that's worth considering; rather, it's Arceus' capability to create one.

But if we don't do angels, then I suggest some sort of divine human. I actually prefer it. I could very well see the Azure Flute being the product of divine conception. The reason I say this is because, other than Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, and the Lake Trio, there isn't any other pokemon that is that close to Arceus. The problem with this is that it's rather unlikely that it would entrust any of them to such a sinful species. Now, it could give such an ability to a chosen child, but rather it seems like the smarter choice would be to give the ability to an unborn child, one who is a blank slate. A blank slate would not only be the most reliable choice, but, in the words of a certain someone, "human beings are infinitely malleable," and what better choice than something that has absolutely nothing to interfere with the development of the perfect sentinel and vanguard.

Imbuing a human with abilities and special characteristics, as I mentioned earlier, would be enough. I personally feel that a tongue of gold and a unique aesthetic would really be enough, and maybe some other ability as well as a self-defense mechanism (or a pokespirit).

Oh, and as for names...I actually have a few. All of them female, in the case that she is female and all of them symbolic; there's a good balance of subtle and blunt:
Spoiler:

...Okay, not all of them are symbolic. The first 6 definitely are, though. Still, I can't say I'm not fond of Idoa as well.

In the end, though, it's your character, so this is all merely suggestion, I just hope you will at least take it into consideration.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I don't mind your idea of the divine being involved, but I'd rather not bring supernatural in (at least as far as Pokemon is involved.) Mew is the definition of pure and trustworthy, and it isn't exactly all-powerful either, also it keeps the "divine" out (something I don't feel comfortable using really). It's not like the person is something holy or powerful, the person is just a medium to talk with Arceus.

Any of the names listed (excluding Aoi) are fine by me, maybe it should be voted. I think the character will be a girl, and she would have received her spirit (if born with it, it would be chronologically inaccurate. She will be significantly younger than everyone though (age 7) and will not exactly follow anyone permanently

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't mind your idea of the divine being involved, but I'd rather not bring supernatural in (at least as far as Pokemon is involved.) Mew is the definition of pure and trustworthy, and it isn't exactly all-powerful either, also it keeps the "divine" out (something I don't feel comfortable using really). It's not like the person is something holy or powerful, the person is just a medium to talk with Arceus.

Any of the names listed (excluding Aoi) are fine by me, maybe it should be voted. I think the character will be a girl, and she would have received her spirit (if born with it, it would be chronologically inaccurate. She will be significantly younger than everyone though (age 7) and will not exactly follow anyone permanently
Interestingly enough, Mew does look like something of a fetus and it is attracted to lullabies; it wouldn't be unlikely that someone born with a unique voice could somehow attract its spirit...though, having said that, Yellow has made it clear that she doesn't want to involve legendaries, you should ask her about this before doing anything with Mew.

Also, what's wrong with Aoi? It's a rather ordinary (and popular) name, and given the subject matter, it fits pretty well from my PoV. It's minor, but I'm curious.

I also don't see why she'd be born with a pokespirit in the first place. When I said "divine conception", I meant it in the sense much like the bible, or similar to the bible. It's not really supernatural, it's just divine intervention (though, ironically, we are dealing with spirits, already).

Last edited:
Back