Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:14 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Posts: 35,664
In Black and White, hidden abilities were able to be accessed through the Dream World and in Black 2 and White 2, the Grottoes. At this point not every single ability is released, and it comes to mind as to whether the abilities for the ones we've got will be accessible in these games at some point! So, which Pokemon in specific do you want the hidden abilities for out of the Pokemon we've had from Generation 1-5? Do you think it's possible that everything will be released? In what way do you think this can happen - Hidden Hollows, something else? Also, how would you feel about a second hidden ability for past generation Pokemon? Out of the abilities we already know, what would you like to give certain Pokemon? Share yo thoughtssss.
__________________


Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:37 AM).
Correspondence Correspondence is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 895
    Well we still have like what 6-7 months till X/Y are released?So that is plenty of time for GF to release the Dream World abilities in Gen V games.And I guess abilities will most likely be distributed in somewhat similar ways in Gen VI
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old March 4th, 2013 (6:45 AM).
    Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
    Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
    Vampire Waifu
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Location: California
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 9,445
      GF will need to find another way to obtain their Hidden Abilities, because I've got a feeling that the Dream World will shut down by the time X and Y are released.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (7:24 AM).
      colours's Avatar
      colours colours is online now
      LOSTinmyMIND
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • GTGet-Together Event Management
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 30,212
      At first, you have normal abilities, which Pokemon had to increase their battle potential, which was introduced in Gen III. Gen V more or less took it in the right direction with Dream World abilities(even though I dislike Dream World itself, but that's not relevant to the topic). At the same time, B2W2 introduced Hidden Abilities, which I believe were just Dream World abilities without actually going into DW itself.

      But would a Hidden Ability system be useful by any means, of course! It would add a hell of a lot more variety in some Pokemon, and I know that some Pokemon that need it more than others(Politoed and Ninetails, other than having those godforsaken weather abilities that makes OU such a pain). A secondary Hidden Ability wouldn't be so bad as well, but I wouldn't overdo it on abilities in case some Pokemon become overpowered because of them. xD;
      __________________

      If this night is not forever
      At least we are together
      I know I'm not alone
      I know I'm not alone
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (4:40 PM).
      lopunny's Avatar
      lopunny lopunny is online now
      high jump kick
      • Super Moderator
      • Battle Server Staff
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2012
      Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 20,026
      I hope that X&Y finds a great way to incorporate Hidden Abilities in the games because there are still great Pokemon that have a good Hidden Ability that is unreleased. LIKE SNIVY!
      __________________

      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (4:46 PM).
      Jake♫'s Avatar
      Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
      ► My Happy Little Pill 
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: New York
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 2,953
      I hope there's a more convenient way to obtain hidden abilities outside of the Dream World and Hidden Grottos. I'd love for their to be a chance for all wild Pokémon to have their hidden abilities when they're found in the wild.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (4:49 PM).
      lopunny's Avatar
      lopunny lopunny is online now
      high jump kick
      • Super Moderator
      • Battle Server Staff
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2012
      Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 20,026
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
      I hope there's a more convenient way to obtain hidden abilities outside of the Dream World and Hidden Grottos. I'd love for their to be a chance for all wild Pokémon to have their hidden abilities when they're found in the wild.

      Yeah I kinda like this idea about wild Pokemon sometimes having hidden abilities. I think that maybe they could bring back the shaking grass or something similar and instead of having different Pokemon make it contain a Pokemon with its hidden ability.
      __________________

      Reply With Quote
        #8    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (8:56 PM).
      Forever's Avatar
      Forever Forever is offline
      • Moderator
      • Crystal Tier
      • EOEvent Organizer
       
      Join Date: Nov 2005
      Location: Queensland
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 35,664
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
      Well we still have like what 6-7 months till X/Y are released?So that is plenty of time for GF to release the Dream World abilities in Gen V games.And I guess abilities will most likely be distributed in somewhat similar ways in Gen VI
      Maybe but if they haven't been released up until now there's got to be a good reason for it, right? Maybe they'll be saving it for X/Y!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
      GF will need to find another way to obtain their Hidden Abilities, because I've got a feeling that the Dream World will shut down by the time X and Y are released.
      I hope it doesn't ;_;

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
      At first, you have normal abilities, which Pokemon had to increase their battle potential, which was introduced in Gen III. Gen V more or less took it in the right direction with Dream World abilities(even though I dislike Dream World itself, but that's not relevant to the topic). At the same time, B2W2 introduced Hidden Abilities, which I believe were just Dream World abilities without actually going into DW itself.

      But would a Hidden Ability system be useful by any means, of course! It would add a hell of a lot more variety in some Pokemon, and I know that some Pokemon that need it more than others(Politoed and Ninetails, other than having those godforsaken weather abilities that makes OU such a pain). A secondary Hidden Ability wouldn't be so bad as well, but I wouldn't overdo it on abilities in case some Pokemon become overpowered because of them. xD;
      I don't think it'd make certain Pokemon overpowered tbh. Unless it's like Speed Boost Haxorus but they're not that insane >__>;

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
      Yeah I kinda like this idea about wild Pokemon sometimes having hidden abilities. I think that maybe they could bring back the shaking grass or something similar and instead of having different Pokemon make it contain a Pokemon with its hidden ability.
      Shaking grass hidden abilities would make shaking grass muuuch better, ya.
      __________________


      Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
      You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
      A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

      Reply With Quote
        #9    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (9:00 PM).
      Livewire's Avatar
      Livewire Livewire is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Location: Sunnyshore City
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 14,265
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
      I hope there's a more convenient way to obtain hidden abilities outside of the Dream World and Hidden Grottos. I'd love for their to be a chance for all wild Pokémon to have their hidden abilities when they're found in the wild.
      Please God yes. I'd be more incentive for me to actually play the game that way.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
      Reply

      Quick Reply

      Join the conversation!

      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

      Create a PokéCommunity Account

      Sponsored Links
      Thread Tools

      Posting Rules
      You may not post new threads
      You may not post replies
      You may not post attachments
      You may not edit your posts

      BB code is On
      Smilies are On
      [IMG] code is On
      HTML code is Off

      Forum Jump


      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:25 PM.