Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

TrollandToad.com

Old March 4th, 2013 (4:31 PM).
Shadow Maker

I may be doing something wrong but I don't think
    Code:
    pbUnlockDex(x)
    or
    Code:
    pbLockDex(x)
    work. I have always used Dex depends on location, but want to change it so I can have a more realistic pokedex later and inlcude the option to choose which dex you are viewing. I have an event that gives the player the pokedex, and then unlocks the 3rd dex in the list by using
    Code:
    pbUnlockDex(2)
    However, it still shows up as only having the Kanto dex unlocked, and no pokemon in it, as At this point in the game there are none of the first 151 pokemon available.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 4th, 2013 (5:24 PM).
    Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
      I may be doing something wrong but I don't think
      Code:
      pbUnlockDex(x)
      or
      Code:
      pbLockDex(x)
      work. I have always used Dex depends on location, but want to change it so I can have a more realistic pokedex later and inlcude the option to choose which dex you are viewing. I have an event that gives the player the pokedex, and then unlocks the 3rd dex in the list by using
      Code:
      pbUnlockDex(2)
      However, it still shows up as only having the Kanto dex unlocked, and no pokemon in it, as At this point in the game there are none of the first 151 pokemon available.
      They do work, and there's a lab assistant in the example maps who'll make full use of them. The first Regional Dex is unlocked by default (but that's only relevant if DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION is false).

You've got DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION=true. This means that the current region's number is always the Dex used - locking/unlocking is irrelevant and does nothing.

You'll want to set it to false, and then lock/unlock Dexes whenever you need to. If there's only one valid Dex (i.e. unlocked and contains at least 1 seen species), then it will be opened automatically rather than going to the Dexes menu.

In my opinion, having this setting be false (and playing with locking/unlocking) is far superior to having it be true (depends on location). You can get exactly the same effect as the latter, plus you can access the National Dex at all (if you want it in your game), and you can choose which viable Dex to access at will.

| Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
      | All Animations Project |

Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42

Old March 4th, 2013 (5:42 PM). Edited March 4th, 2013 by Rayd12smitty.
      Shadow Maker

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
        They do work, and there's a lab assistant in the example maps who'll make full use of them. The first Regional Dex is unlocked by default (but that's only relevant if DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION is false).

You've got DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION=true. This means that the current region's number is always the Dex used - locking/unlocking is irrelevant and does nothing.

You'll want to set it to false, and then lock/unlock Dexes whenever you need to. If there's only one valid Dex (i.e. unlocked and contains at least 1 seen species), then it will be opened automatically rather than going to the Dexes menu.

In my opinion, having this setting be false (and playing with locking/unlocking) is far superior to having it be true (depends on location). You can get exactly the same effect as the latter, plus you can access the National Dex at all (if you want it in your game), and you can choose which viable Dex to access at will.
        Mine is set to false and they aren't working

EDIT: I just downloaded version 11 again and checked. It is working in essentials but not in my game which means I messed something up XD sorry this doesn't belong here anymore. Any idea what I might have done though?

EDIT2: Nevermind. I am pretty sure it is because of a custom menu system that doesn't call for the pokedex to open correctly. I think I know how to fix it

Quick Reply