The PokéCommunity Forums
The PokéCommunity Forums > Community Square > Feedback & Support
Suggestion Quoting notifications?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:14 PM).
XIII's Avatar
XIII XIII is offline
don't you remember?
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: arcata, ca
Age: 18
Gender: Other
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,800
I think it'd be a cool idea to integrate some sort of notification that lets you know when you've been quoted so you can respond.

Frankly I find myself stumbling on threads that are too old to respond to anymore and then seeing someone quote me and I would like to respond, but didn't know they quoted me.

Would it be possible to consider integrating something like this at all? Or is it just.. Impossible?
I dunno I thought it would be an awesome thing to have so that we don't have to check the mass amounts of threads all the time.
__________________
let's meet again
in the next life
thirteen | you make a good other | ven for short
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:17 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
k a h u n a.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 24
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,751
I think that could get annoying if you're someone that gets quoted a lot. If it was something that you could enable or disable though, then I don't see a problem in it. Though even still, not everyone uses the quote feature or they use it differently (ie. I just c/p what I'm replying to and put quote tages around it, without listing who said it so it'd be of no use in that case) so it wouldn't cause you to catch every reply. But I could see this being useful for people that ask questions in Q&A threads often or post in debates in OC&D that want to know when they're replied to.

As long as it's not a required feature, I think it'd be okay. I wouldn't use it though, but I could see where others would want to.

Alternatively, you could just subscribe to the threads you want to know what people reply to you with. So with that being said, we technically do have this feature haha.
__________________

vacationing in unova for a month! see you soon!
starboy
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:21 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,204
This is something that's been suggested multiple times before and always gotten a solid amount of support. I know it's possible on VB4, but idk about our version of it.
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:23 PM).
XIII's Avatar
XIII XIII is offline
don't you remember?
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: arcata, ca
Age: 18
Gender: Other
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I think that could get annoying if you're someone that gets quoted a lot. If it was something that you could enable or disable though, then I don't see a problem in it. Though even still, not everyone uses the quote feature or they use it differently (ie. I just c/p what I'm replying to and put quote tages around it, without listing who said it so it'd be of no use in that case) so it wouldn't cause you to catch every reply. But I could see this being useful for people that ask questions in Q&A threads often or post in debates in OC&D that want to know when they're replied to.

As long as it's not a required feature, I think it'd be okay. I wouldn't use it though, but I could see where others would want to.

Alternatively, you could just subscribe to the threads you want to know what people reply to you with. So with that being said, we technically do have this feature haha.
I meant to say it would be able to be disabled.

Wait, subscribing to threads lets you do this?

**Is there a way to make myself auto subscribed to all my own threads?
__________________
let's meet again
in the next life
thirteen | you make a good other | ven for short
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:25 PM). Edited March 4th, 2013 by colours.
colours's Avatar
colours colours is online now
→ let's be infinite
PokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 27,261
It seems that you aren't the only one to suggest this(lol that was a long time ago, nevermind)!

Going by the replies from that thread, it seems that having a notification for quotes would be counter-productive, but who knows? Things could be different now, and personally, I wouldn't mind this!
__________________
infinite colours

we're living limitless

Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:32 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
k a h u n a.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 24
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,751
Quote:
Wait, subscribing to threads lets you do this?

**Is there a way to make myself auto subscribed to all my own threads?
I don't use that feature myself, so I can't say for sure. It wouldn't direct you right to where you've been quoted though, I'm sure. But yeah, you can subscribe to threads. :)

I still like your suggestion though!
__________________

vacationing in unova for a month! see you soon!
starboy
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old March 4th, 2013 (6:34 PM).
Relith's Avatar
Relith Relith is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Albany, Ny
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 98
Would be nice for this to be an option to have as a notification, because it's helpful if you don't remember to check the challenge thread you signed up for.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old March 4th, 2013 (7:43 PM).
seeker's Avatar
seeker seeker is offline
breaker of chains
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,808
It'd be quite difficult, and frankly too much trouble, to code the feature. I too would like it, but I believe the main reason that it was turned down in the past was because it would require a lot of database queries. Meaning there would be some massive strain on the server. A lot of flags need to get checked in a feature like this and the current software that we're on doesn't really support a smooth running of such a functionality.
__________________
paired with adventure | avatar sprite by logiedan
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old March 4th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
Avori Adonis's Avatar
Avori Adonis Avori Adonis is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 17,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I meant to say it would be able to be disabled.

Wait, subscribing to threads lets you do this?

**Is there a way to make myself auto subscribed to all my own threads?
It just emails (if you decide for it to email you, that is, but that's the only form of notification you get) you (which is a terrible form of notification, in my opinion) when people reply to your thread. Not if people quote you.
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old March 5th, 2013 (5:39 AM).
Kura's Avatar
Kura Kura is offline
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Posts: 11,037
I can suggest doing a name search for yourself perhaps every evening or once you've logged on, so that it might help you keep track of who has quoted you until another solution is found :33
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 PM.