• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years

I don't know if thats been brought up but after you enter the Prof's lab again and go directly left you are unable to move anymore. Also, can anyone tell me if Horsea is available in this game (and if so, will it be able to evolve into Kingdra)?
So if you can avoid it don't go there. Horsea is available in the hack and check out the location as well as the evolution guide by Dark Rising Girl on first page

My only recommendation for this game would be you increase the level of wild pokemon o the experience they give to be at least somewhat on par with the ridiculous level slope. I have no problem grinding if I have to beat a trainer, but it doesn't add difficulty when you force someone with level 45 pokemon to grind on lv 20 spinarak's...it causes annoyance. The game is plenty difficult with every single pokemon you face (trainer) having some sort of status and a 5-10 level jump on you.
The game is hard I admit but only until you receive VS Seeker.

how do i download this.? help? zip and gba
PM me and I will tell you what to do or read my above post

You used Ferrothorn, that's even more than using legendary xD
Which equals your favourite and best Poke (Lucario). Which is also more than using the legendary :D

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

Here it comes............

Wait for it.......................

Okay, this isn't sounding right..............

I'll be submitting the Dark Rising 2 thread in 2 days! So it'll be posted in the progression hacks section in the upcoming days. Now, back to work for me!
Quite a long time you put up . :D Well bring on the two waiting days

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Just want to say this is the best hack so far for me man. THANK YOU
Also, just a suggestion to people, that bug that repeats a event is not that bad.
You could use those events to gain exp for example you could battle Light in
Volair forest a couple times to gain exp.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Just want to say this is the best hack so far for me man. THANK YOU
Also, just a suggestion to people, that bug that repeats a event is not that bad.
You could use those events to gain exp for example you could battle Light in
Volair forest a couple times to gain exp.

You are right but it won't look good. So it should be rectified.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Question. Is Victini important as in am I going to have to use him in battle at the end of the game as a must Pokemon on my team. Just want to know how i can train him now. Also how does scared ash work

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Question. Is Victini important as in am I going to have to use him in battle at the end of the game as a must Pokemon on my team. Just want to know how i can train him now. Also how does scared ash work

Nope, there really isn't any mandatory pokemon for you to have in your party. Mine sat in my PC with all the other legendaries.

As for sacred ash, I guess Victini would have to be holding it and the last alive?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
So bloody frustrating. I've finished the Dark Rising HQ mission and the game has bugged out and is causing Sydney to talk as if she is Celio or Oak or Bill whoever it was in the original Fire Red so I can't get back to the main storyline.

Can anyone help!?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
So bloody frustrating. I've finished the Dark Rising HQ mission and the game has bugged out and is causing Sydney to talk as if she is Celio or Oak or Bill whoever it was in the original Fire Red so I can't get back to the main storyline.

Can anyone help!?

For those who are stuck at the DR HQ Mission, there's a cave entrance on Huntik Route that will bring you to Trident Waters If you defeated Light and got the item from him. Down from Trident Waters is Millennium City which will bring you back to the main places in the game. Also, download the latest version of the hack as Sydney and Florina no longer talk as if they're celio or bill.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Well, I cant download the official walkthrough posted on the first page of this thread, mainly due to it wanting me to sign up, which is always a hassle and so much more junk mail in the email account I rarely use anymore.

Overall, Im just now downloading this hack and gonna give it a whirl.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
For those who are stuck at the DR HQ Mission, there's a cave entrance on Huntik Route that will bring you to Trident Waters If you defeated Light and got the item from him. Down from Trident Waters is Millennium City which will bring you back to the main places in the game. Also, download the latest version of the hack as Sydney and Florina no longer talk as if they're celio or bill.

i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
hey, what emulator should i use? ive tried no$gba and thats not working, neither is visualboyadvance

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Download the latest version of VBA and try, it would work. If doesn't patching is not good or your ROM is not proper.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Okay,i just beat the ghost gym and i'm back the dark rising hq,i got no idea what i'm supposed to do now :<

Edit:NVM :)

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago

I just fix the DR HQ Mission/Getting back to Millennium City problem. You can enter the cave at Huntik route now. Just download the patch on the first post, do all of the patching stuff, then while you're playing, go in and out of a building so the changes can take affect, then go through the cave entrance on huntik route. Hope everything works out for you now and everyone else who's stuck at this problem.

DR2 Thread coming soon...

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Finally i beat adrian,man that was difficult,but with some hax my excadrill sweeped his team :D.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I know that the creator of this hack wants to move on, and Im not sure if this was ever mentioned, but, after you deliver the parcel in the very beginning of the game, if you go back into the Prof's lab, the event where you deliver the parcel is replayed, and you get 5 more Pokeballs, thus giving an infinite source of Pokeballs and Money (with enough time and patience.)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I know that the creator of this hack wants to move on, and Im not sure if this was ever mentioned, but, after you deliver the parcel in the very beginning of the game, if you go back into the Prof's lab, the event where you deliver the parcel is replayed, and you get 5 more Pokeballs, thus giving an infinite source of Pokeballs and Money (with enough time and patience.)

No one's ever reported that problem and I just tested it. I was able to walk back into the lab after the parcel event and Prof.Ivan graded my pokedex, the event didn't occur again. Make sure you're using the correct Fire Red version Rom & that it's clean.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
No one's ever reported that problem and I just tested it. I was able to walk back into the lab after the parcel event and Prof.Ivan graded my pokedex, the event didn't occur again. Make sure you're using the correct Fire Red version Rom & that it's clean.

I can never seem to tell what version of the Fire Red rom Im using. I mean, it's not that bad of a glitch, but I'll still look into a newer version of the ROM to prevent it if we need to go back to the Ivan.

OK, Ive tried alot of Fire Red Roms, and I can either not get them to load the hack or they do recreate the Pokedex getting event every time I enter the lab. I dont know what's going on, and if I have to talk to Ivan after said event for a later event, then Im screwed out of it.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I can never seem to tell what version of the Fire Red rom Im using. I mean, it's not that bad of a glitch, but I'll still look into a newer version of the ROM to prevent it if we need to go back to the Ivan.

OK, Ive tried alot of Fire Red Roms, and I can either not get them to load the hack or they do recreate the Pokedex getting event every time I enter the lab. I dont know what's going on, and if I have to talk to Ivan after said event for a later event, then Im screwed out of it.

Don't worry, you won't have too. But to re-load your save files, on your gba emulator go to File-Load-then find the save file on your computer, then click it. Don't go to "Load game" when you're reloading a save file from a different patch or rom.

Back