Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2926    
Old March 4th, 2013 (8:36 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Oregon
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 17,463
    I'm hoping they don't do the key thing again to determine the difficulty level, and they have us pick the difficulty from the beginning.
    __________________
    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2927    
    Old March 4th, 2013 (2:40 PM).
    colours colours is online now
    LOSTinmyMIND
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • GTGet-Together Event Management
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 30,328
    Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

    One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @[email protected]
    __________________

    I know I'm not alone

      #2928    
    Old March 4th, 2013 (2:44 PM).
    Jake♫'s Avatar
    Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
    ► My Happy Little Pill 
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: New York
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 2,953
    That would be nice. I'm sick of seeing the same shadow blob thingy instead of an actual sprite. Now that the game is 3D I think it'd be way easier to do it. Only problem is a lot of the smaller Pokémon that learn it, it might look awkward with the size of your character on it =P
    __________________
      #2929    
    Old March 4th, 2013 (3:08 PM).
    Blue's Avatar
    Blue Blue is offline
    problematic
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: United Kingdom
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 20,257
    i think that's long overdue, it would be much better surfing on a Lapras rather than some sort of.. idk what it is.
    __________________
      #2930    
    Old March 4th, 2013 (3:28 PM).
    Xander Olivieri's Avatar
    Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 5,601
      It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

      They are going to stick with something generic.
      __________________
        #2931    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (4:17 PM).
      colours colours is online now
      LOSTinmyMIND
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • GTGet-Together Event Management
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 30,328
      In a 3D game, I really wonder what it could be, though? Having a 3D-ized version of a Lapras shadow would be awkward, so I imagine it would be replaced with something different. At least, I hope so.
      __________________

      I know I'm not alone

        #2932    
      Old March 4th, 2013 (4:48 PM).
      Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
      Yamiidenryuu Yamiidenryuu is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2011
        Posts: 185
        There's no real need for placeholders, because all they'd have to do is program a swimming action for the existing models, which would be the same over any Pokemon that have the same body type, and stick the player's model on top of it. Models are a lot more flexible than sprites. The worst that'd happen would be that some Pokemon that can't legally get Surf would have a jerky or screwed-up animation, but most players aren't going to see something like that without going out of their way.

        If nothing else, they could make surf/fly animations for all the Pokemon that can legally do those things and include a placeholder to show when any other Pokemon is used. They could probably download new animations to the cartridge over wi-fi if some Pokemon get those moves legally by an event, too.
        __________________

        Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
          #2933    
        Old March 4th, 2013 (4:52 PM).
        Jake♫'s Avatar
        Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
        ► My Happy Little Pill 
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2008
        Location: New York
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 2,953
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
        It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

        They are going to stick with something generic.
        If people are taking the risk to hack their games, it's at their own risk if they break it. I don't feel like Game Freak and Nintendo should feel obligated not to do something ambitious because people are editing the files to something that shouldn't be there.

        Of course, Nintendo probably won't do it anyways but that shouldn't stop them.
        __________________
          #2934    
        Old March 4th, 2013 (7:23 PM).
        Cyclone's Avatar
        Cyclone Cyclone is offline
        Eye of the Storm
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3,392
          All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

          Cyclone
          __________________
          "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

          Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
          Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

          Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

            #2935    
          Old March 4th, 2013 (7:50 PM).
          Miss Doronjo's Avatar
          Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
          Gaiden
             
            Join Date: Oct 2010
            Location: Toronto, Ontario
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 4,488
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
            All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

            Cyclone
            Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".
            __________________

            Hawthorne Guardian
            Moderator of Video Games
            Paired to: Perdition Haze

            Pokémon:PhoenixRising
            Sylvie
              #2936    
            Old March 4th, 2013 (8:07 PM).
            Jake♫'s Avatar
            Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
            ► My Happy Little Pill 
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: New York
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 2,953
            Most of the rumors from Mr. XY have been rather far-fetched though, so if you read them take them with a grain of salt (I mean, Houndoom evolution named Houndoomed? Really?)
            __________________
              #2937    
            Old March 4th, 2013 (8:35 PM).
            colours colours is online now
            LOSTinmyMIND
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • GTGet-Together Event Management
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 30,328
            And the whole 99 Pokemon thing seemed...unrealistic too. It seems...just too few for a new generation, really.
            __________________

            I know I'm not alone

              #2938    
            Old March 4th, 2013 (8:48 PM).
            Forever's Avatar
            Forever Forever is offline
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2005
            Location: Queensland
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 35,674
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
            Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

            One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @[email protected]
            I wouldn't mind surfing on a small red Lapras sprite (for everything) again if this doesn't happen, like the early days n_n
            __________________


            Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
            You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
            A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

              #2939    
            Old March 4th, 2013 (9:37 PM).
            roosterman's Avatar
            roosterman roosterman is offline
            Freaking annoying!
               
              Join Date: Sep 2012
              Location: The moon
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 249
              hey guys, i walked into gamestop to get meloetta and they had a big oversized box advertising X and Y. it had the miiverse symbol in the corner. we're gonna get miiverse for 3DS!!! and compatable with X/Y!!!

              oh, and does anyone know what site mr xy is on? i'd like to read what he says myself. although i don't like only 99 pokemon, what he says seems plausible.
              __________________

              pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
              my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
              "Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
                #2940    
              Old March 4th, 2013 (11:32 PM).
              Jake♫'s Avatar
              Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
              ► My Happy Little Pill 
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Location: New York
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 2,953
              Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

              And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?
              __________________
                #2941    
              Old March 5th, 2013 (8:37 AM).
              Cyclone's Avatar
              Cyclone Cyclone is offline
              Eye of the Storm
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 3,392
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
                Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".
                Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

                Cyclone
                __________________
                "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                  #2942    
                Old March 5th, 2013 (8:40 AM).
                Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                Gaiden
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2010
                  Location: Toronto, Ontario
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 4,488
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                  Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

                  Cyclone
                  Well, you can take a look at All Things Sylveon or the News Summary for a brief overview~! ^^

                  Basically, it's "type" is the hot issue. GF hasn't revealed it's type yet, but... they might in the next CoroCoro or so.
                  __________________

                  Hawthorne Guardian
                  Moderator of Video Games
                  Paired to: Perdition Haze

                  Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                  Sylvie
                    #2943    
                  Old March 5th, 2013 (8:54 AM).
                  Livewire's Avatar
                  Livewire Livewire is offline
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Location: Sunnyshore City
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 14,265
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                  One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @[email protected]
                  This would be so awesome, seriously. Strollin' onto the beach on the back of a ferocious-looking Gyarados.


                  And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

                  And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
                  __________________
                    #2944    
                  Old March 5th, 2013 (9:17 AM).
                  Cordelia Cordelia is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                    Nature: Sassy
                    Posts: 9,753
                    I want to surf on my Gyarados. D: BE IN FEAR, TEAM ! I shall dominate you with my fearsome Gyarados.
                      #2945    
                    Old March 5th, 2013 (9:20 AM).
                    colours colours is online now
                    LOSTinmyMIND
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • GTGet-Together Event Management
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2005
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 30,328
                    Quote:
                    And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
                    This, even though I think by the time they reveal Sylveon's type, people would've long stopped caring about it. XD;
                    __________________

                    I know I'm not alone

                      #2946    
                    Old March 5th, 2013 (9:21 AM).
                    Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                    Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                    Gaiden
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2010
                      Location: Toronto, Ontario
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 4,488
                      That, or it can turn out that people have been hyping over the type from nothing. ;__;
                      GF generally likes to see that sort of hype happen.
                      __________________

                      Hawthorne Guardian
                      Moderator of Video Games
                      Paired to: Perdition Haze

                      Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                      Sylvie
                        #2947    
                      Old March 5th, 2013 (9:21 AM).
                      Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
                      Evil Stud Muffin Evil Stud Muffin is offline
                      I like kitties
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2013
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Lax
                      Posts: 2,741
                      Nah Sylveon is one of those pre-release permanent discussions, like NY or Shanghai for Unova. Only thing is we don't know which side is the blatantly obvious one, team new type or team old type...
                      __________________

                      #328 Trapinch
                      Supporter Collab January 2015
                      Doctor Who Fan Club


                        #2948    
                      Old March 5th, 2013 (10:01 AM).
                      colours colours is online now
                      LOSTinmyMIND
                      • Moderator
                      • Platinum Tier
                      • GTGet-Together Event Management
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2005
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 30,328
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
                      That, or it can turn out that people have been hyping over the type from nothing. ;__;
                      GF generally likes to see that sort of hype happen.
                      That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
                      __________________

                      I know I'm not alone

                        #2949    
                      Old March 5th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
                      roosterman's Avatar
                      roosterman roosterman is offline
                      Freaking annoying!
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2012
                        Location: The moon
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 249
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                        Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

                        And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?
                        if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

                        i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.
                        __________________

                        pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
                        my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
                        "Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
                          #2950    
                        Old March 5th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
                        Jake♫'s Avatar
                        Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
                        ► My Happy Little Pill 
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: May 2008
                        Location: New York
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lax
                        Posts: 2,953
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                        That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
                        That's the beauty of CoroCoro coming out when it does: Gives the fans enough time to sit here on our own and hype it up for them while we speculate =P

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
                        if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

                        i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.
                        As nice as all of that sounds, I severely doubt anything he is saying is really going to come true. This happens pretty much every generation from over there, and although every once in a great while we get a small fact that was true, most of it is just made up. Plus Nintendo/Game Freak having someone leak all their info ahead of time is kind of odd, since that ruins the games themselves if you know everything ahead of time.
                        __________________
                        Closed Thread

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 AM.