• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
It's the same principle. Any save file from Beta 3.1 or before is COMPLETELY incompatible with Beta 3.2 or above. That's because 3.2 (and upwards) has a completely different memory structure.

Pokémon Liquid Crystal Beta 3.1 and below saves DO NOT WORK with Beta 3.2 or later. At all. Whatsoever. There is no way around this. Please stop saying you can, because you can't.

However, any save made using Beta 3.2 (or anything after Beta 3.2) IS compatible with the latest releases!

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
This is an awesome remake, and I plan on doing this game on my youtube channel if that's alright. :3

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
See if the sprites are different, tiles are different then there no way we can use. But when the basic things are same then we use for sure. Do you mean that beta 3.1 has different look than the latest?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hello everyone, been a while since I was around here. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have another 2 weeks left of this half of University term, then I get 3 weeks off for Easter. This is when I'll be back working on LC again.

For now though, I would like to introduce a ne, quick and simple way to report a bug directly to me. Currently people have been posting bugs onto the main wall as well as in this discussions section. I'm now keeping an up to date log of all bugs in a todo list application, where you can publicly see the list and priority of the bugs. This is now the preferred method of submission, using the Submit a Bug option from the sidebar on the left of the project page on RHO Social or the Official Liquid Crystal site.

How to submit
This will ask you to enter a bug description and priority for the bug. Since I use this same Todo list to manage my personal and university life I will be notified via email as well as the todo list of new reports. This method of submission will be the fastest method to have bugs fixed.

All of the currently logged bugs on the system are available from a link on the submit page, Current Bugs & Todo List, attached to this post.

What about the bugs here
When I get some free time I'll go through and do a periodic check of all the bugs reported around here since the last time I did that, adding them to the list ready to be fixed. This happens every couple of months, so not very often. If you want a bug fixed asap then I suggest using the new Submit a Bug form.

Using the IRC to submit bugs
if you're on any of the RHO IRC channels #liquidcrystal and happen to come across a bug, you can use the .lcbug command to submit a bug to the same system right from the chat line. For example, type ".lcbug The game crashes when talking to your rival" and the bug will be logged with the highest priority.

Useful Links
The following methods of bug submission have been added to the first post.

Click for a list of bugs currently logged in the new system.

Years
question i have, This or Crystaldust? both are similar hacks to pokemon crystal on the gameboy color. Why should i play this over that. What is the difference between the two?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
This is an awesome remake, and I plan on doing this game on my youtube channel if that's alright. :3

Of course you can, doing an LP is like free advertising for us! :D

See if the sprites are different, tiles are different then there no way we can use. But when the basic things are same then we use for sure. Do you mean that beta 3.1 has different look than the latest?

Wut? I never mentioned anything graphical? I talked about memory structures and variables.

Look, trust me, I made the LC save structure, and I KNOW using saves from older versions of LC doesn't work, the game simply refuses to read them (claims they are corrupt).

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
You speak to the grunt directly north of the crystal shop, the one who stops you going into the middle entrance, then go speak to the crystal shop owner. If I remember right, it continues the storyline.

ah thanks for the correction, i was a bit stuck so i talked to every NPC i could.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Laz?,
Some people say your game isn't a remake anymore , you made your own of it...

FOR ME THAT'S NOT TRUE, YOUR GAME IS THE BEST REMAKE, BETER THAN SHINY GOLD. (Gold Remake)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Laz?,
Some people say your game isn't a remake anymore , you made your own of it...

FOR ME THAT'S NOT TRUE, YOUR GAME IS THE BEST REMAKE, BETER THAN SHINY GOLD. (Gold Remake)

Except it is true. If anything it is both. The crystal portion is already remade. But there are tons of things added to it, such as with team Saturn and the islands.

Years
question i have, This or Crystaldust? both are similar hacks to pokemon crystal on the gameboy color. Why should i play this over that. What is the difference between the two?
Well both are awesome hacks but Crystal Dust only Covers the events in Johto and is a remake of it while LC covers both Kanto and Johto as well 2 Orange Island gyms and offers plenty of new areas a well as events other than the original ones. So here you go the choice is yours........

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I need help with Orange Islands... I battled everyone in lighthouse and went to next city... i tried to go in Crystal Caves South Entrance North of Sandway town but one of Grunts talk to me that i cant go in... I tried everything and dont know what to do.... Somebody help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
To everyone who is asking about the nexus guards. In sandaway talk to the guy who is in the house where they have the crystal artwork(he has a charmeleon) He will go after one of the guards in sandaway and you can enter the cave. Also does anyone know what to do after you get to safari town. Or is that as far as it goes atm?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
How is LaZ going to to continue adding map names into Fire Red? From his beta 3.1 there is only a few unused map names and there is no known way on how to add more without corrupting ROMs

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
This is just a notice that the Trainer Request 2013 will be closing on March 15th. If you haven't already submitted a trainer then you can still submit them until then. How do you know if you won? You'll have to find out by playing xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2015
Hi, first of all I want to thank the author Link and Zelda for creating this wonderful hack for free, and for letting us relive our priceless childhood. Now, I have played pre version 3 and I thought that my previous save files would work with the current version as it is said on the first page, but it didn't. So that leaves me in this unhonorable beggar state. I would like to ask if anyone has a save file after version 3 at the time when they defeated the elite four or after they got to the Orange Islands. I would accept anything you give me as long as the 2 maps are opened, and any pokemon in your arsenal, or non at all, I would even gladly accept a single pokemon.

I will most humbly accept it and would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Back