The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Fifth Generation
BlackWhite Quick Questions

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #4676    
Old March 6th, 2013 (6:45 AM).
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone Cyclone is offline
Eye of the Storm
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 3,392
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
    In the Dream World, is it possible to bring back more than just one Pokemon? Because it says when I get one Pokemon, the rainbow road will be closed until I brought back the DW Pokemon into my DS.
    I believe you can only bring back one at a time. After waking your Pokémon up, the dream comes true and the new Pokémon appears at Entree Forest in the Entralink.

    I should get around to trying that today. Haven't done it at all yet.

    Cyclone
    __________________
    "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

    Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
    Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

    Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!


    Relevant Advertising!

      #4677    
    Old March 6th, 2013 (3:58 PM).
    Captain Gizmo's Avatar
    Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is online now
    Legit Boss
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 4,824
    Such a pain to wake it up, go to the Entree Forest, catching it, putting your Pokemon back to sleep which takes very long =/
    __________________
    ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
    |3DS FC|
      #4678    
    Old March 9th, 2013 (6:38 AM).
    Dradier234's Avatar
    Dradier234 Dradier234 is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2012
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 309
      Whats the percentage of getting a shiny in BW?
      __________________
      http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
      Join Here
        #4679    
      Old March 9th, 2013 (6:59 AM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,447
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
      Whats the percentage of getting a shiny in BW?
      Still the same, 1:8192 which is 0.0001220703125%
      __________________
      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
        #4680    
      Old March 9th, 2013 (8:19 AM).
      Captain Gizmo's Avatar
      Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is online now
      Legit Boss
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2012
      Location: Canada
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 4,824
      is anyone having problems with the PGL? I keep signing in but it says wrong username or password. I made sure I typed everything correctly and when I try to do 'Forgot your pasword?' I type in my email and it says 'Oops! It seems that Pokemon.com has had an unexpected error. Don't worry; the site administrators have already been notified and they'll try to have the problem fixed soon.'

      This is really starting to get on my nerves >.<
      __________________
      ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
      |3DS FC|
        #4681    
      Old March 9th, 2013 (9:35 AM).
      Virtual Headache's Avatar
      Virtual Headache Virtual Headache is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2003
        Location: Somewhere in Europe
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 2,319
        I have heard on another forum that people have problems logging in too. So maybe it's a general error. It's working fine for me though on both my Japanese and German account. You could try mailing the support about it.
        __________________

        Button by WereDragn

          #4682    
        Old March 16th, 2013 (3:51 PM).
        Hikamaru's Avatar
        Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
        Sacred Hearts Club
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Location: Australia
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 45,206
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by d00bt00b View Post
        Are there certain Trainer ID's or Secret ID's that will make catching shiny Pokemon easier?
        Yes, the the Trainer and Secret ID numbers do factor in the determination of finding Shiny Pokemon.

        The Pokemon's personality value is also taken into account, and it has been this way since 3rd Gen, not just in 5th Gen.
        __________________
        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
          #4683    
        Old March 16th, 2013 (4:13 PM).
        d00bt00b d00bt00b is offline
        Genxo
           
          Join Date: Jan 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 20
          I just started a new game on my Pokemon Black 2 Version, and now that I've beaten the Elite Four I was thinking about hunting shinies a bunch. When I checked my trainer ID I noticed that it was 44444 and I was wondering if this would give me better chances than a normal ID of something like 28321 or something.
          __________________
          Pearl Friend Code: 5158 2556 3409
            #4684    
          Old March 16th, 2013 (5:16 PM). Edited March 16th, 2013 by tabor62.
          tabor62's Avatar
          tabor62 tabor62 is offline
          Who?
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2008
          Location: In the Sun
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 1,629
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by d00bt00b View Post
          I just started a new game on my Pokemon Black 2 Version, and now that I've beaten the Elite Four I was thinking about hunting shinies a bunch. When I checked my trainer ID I noticed that it was 44444 and I was wondering if this would give me better chances than a normal ID of something like 28321 or something.
          Two things:

          1. Your TID doesn't determine shininess of Pokemon, only your SID does
          2. The chances are the same as mine, or anyone else (1/8192 or 0.01% chance) Unless you use certain methods, I'll quote myself for this one:

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
          There are a few ways to increase your chances of finding shiny Pokemon. In both Gen IV & V, you can use the Masuda Method to increase your chances to 1/1639 (0.06%) in Gen IV and 1/1366 (0.07%) in Gen V. In order to use the Masuda Method, you must breed a Pokemon from your game and a Pokemon from a different country together (Japanese Pokemon are the easiest to figure out of course).

          In Black 2 and White 2 however, you can receive the item "Shiny Charm" if you complete the National Pokedex. This increases the chance of encountering or hatching a shiny Pokemon from 1/8192 (0.01%) to 1/2,731 (0.03%). If used in conjunction with the Masuda Method, it will be increased even further to 1/1024 (0.09%).

          Though the easiest way to find a shiny is to RNG one. Doing it correctly will yield a shiny Pokemon every time. However it can be quite complex and isn't for everyone (and no, it isn't cheating). Trade Corner has a guide for basic RNGing and can be found here.

          I hope this wasn't too confusing.
          __________________
          Trade Corner
          PM me | VM me

          3DS Friend Code
          0946 2243 9665



          Trade Reviews
          Click Here
            #4685    
          Old March 16th, 2013 (6:25 PM).
          ~RNC~'s Avatar
          ~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
          Mother Of All Pokemon!!
             
            Join Date: Dec 2006
            Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 8,725
            Couple of questions here, is zorua and zoroark considered legends? what legends in B / W cannot be shiny? Lastly can you catch tornadus, thunderus and ladurus in B / W2?
            __________________
            My Trading Thread ---> HERE
            I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
            Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
            My Thread Review ---> HERE
              #4686    
            Old March 16th, 2013 (6:35 PM).
            Hikamaru's Avatar
            Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
            Sacred Hearts Club
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: Australia
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 45,206
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
            Couple of questions here, is zorua and zoroark considered legends? what legends in B / W cannot be shiny? Lastly can you catch tornadus, thunderus and ladurus in B / W2?
            1. Zorua and Zoroark are not technically Legendary Pokemon, but in B/W they are the only non-Legendaries that are event-exclusive. Not the case in B2/W2 though, since you can receive a Zorua from Rood.

            2. Legendaries that cannot be shiny: Celebi, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

            3. Nope, they can only be obtained by trade or from the 3DS's Pokemon Dream Radar app.
            __________________
            pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
              #4687    
            Old March 17th, 2013 (1:38 PM).
            ~RNC~'s Avatar
            ~RNC~ ~RNC~ is offline
            Mother Of All Pokemon!!
               
              Join Date: Dec 2006
              Location: Surfing With Blastoise!!
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 8,725
              Ok another question, if I kill one of the legendary trio will it reappear if I beat the E-4 again?
              __________________
              My Trading Thread ---> HERE
              I Clone 6th & 7th Gen.
              Name: ~RNC~ 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Psychic: Espurr, Giraffic and Grumpig
              My Thread Review ---> HERE
                #4688    
              Old March 17th, 2013 (1:42 PM).
              Crystal Noel's Avatar
              Crystal Noel Crystal Noel is offline
              RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Location: United States
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 214
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
                Ok another question, if I kill one of the legendary trio will it reappear if I beat the E-4 again?
                Yes, it has happened since Gen 4.

                Here's my question:
                Does anyone know what the odds are of a wild double battle in the dark grass?
                __________________

                  #4689    
                Old March 19th, 2013 (11:08 PM).
                cibir's Avatar
                cibir cibir is offline
                Blaine's Apprentice
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                  Location: New York
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 4
                  What the heck kind of egg do I have? It's taking FOREVER to hatch.

                  I'm a little worried because I got it in GTS, and I've hatched like 5 other, newer eggs and this one still isn't even twitching.
                  __________________
                  Obtained (Black): 295
                    #4690    
                  Old March 19th, 2013 (11:14 PM).
                  Hikamaru's Avatar
                  Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                  Sacred Hearts Club
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                  Location: Australia
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 45,206
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cibir View Post
                  What the heck kind of egg do I have? It's taking FOREVER to hatch.

                  I'm a little worried because I got it in GTS, and I've hatched like 5 other, newer eggs and this one still isn't even twitching.
                  The egg hatching speed depends on the Pokemon that is in the egg. Some Pokemon take longer to hatch than others. You just need to walk a certain number of steps to hatch the egg.

                  A list of all the different Egg Cycles for each Pokemon can be found here.

                  You can also have a Pokemon with the Magma Armor or Flame Body abilities in your party to speed up the hatching process. Check your Egg's Summary screen regularly to see how close it is to hatching.

                  Hope that has helped you out!
                  __________________
                  pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
                    #4691    
                  Old March 19th, 2013 (11:26 PM).
                  Synerjee's Avatar
                  Synerjee Synerjee is offline
                  Atra du evarinya ono varda.
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2012
                  Location: Everywhere and anywhere.
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 2,919
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cibir View Post
                  What the heck kind of egg do I have? It's taking FOREVER to hatch.

                  I'm a little worried because I got it in GTS, and I've hatched like 5 other, newer eggs and this one still isn't even twitching.
                  Just be patient and ride your bicycle up and down a long stretch of path such as the Cycling Road for generations that have them or the Skyarrow Bridge in B/W or B/W2. It might take a little while more, but that egg will hatch sooner or later. The possible number of steps for an egg might vary from 5000+ up to 10,000 maximum, but don't worry about this and just keep on riding. Consider doing something else at the same time while riding back and forth as this activity might get a little boring.
                  __________________
                    #4692    
                  Old March 20th, 2013 (6:31 AM).
                  Cyclone's Avatar
                  Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                  Eye of the Storm
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 3,392
                    Check and make sure it's not a "Bad Egg" (it would say that). If you were to get one of those, I'll trade a junker for it and "fry" it for you by cloning over top of it (see? Action Replay does have beneficial non-cheating uses).

                    Otherwise, yeah, go to Skyarrow Bridge and ride back and forth. Also, to halve the time, have with you a Volcarona or someone else with Flame Armor (the Magby line also works 100% of the time unless it's a Hidden Ability find).

                    Cyclone
                    __________________
                    "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                    Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                    Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                    Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                      #4693    
                    Old March 31st, 2013 (8:24 AM).
                    CliCliW's Avatar
                    CliCliW CliCliW is offline
                    I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Location: Ireland
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bashful
                      Posts: 437
                      Hi there, Having trouble in getting Pokemon White on my 3DS to Game Sync/Connect to wifi due to a recharging issue. I've never used the game sync option properly so I can't see why it won't let me connect. So I'm looking for a bit of help to try get it up and running. A little overview of the problem I suppose would be in order.

                      1) I usually play on my DS Lite, but in order to try the internet I connected my 3ds to wifi (to avoid the crappy connectivity problems with the DS).
                      2) But, I started playing away on my 3DS about a week ago. It told me that the "game Sync has run out of energy. It will take on day to recharge it." I thought fine, ok. So I left it a few days and when I came back, it's still giving me that message.
                      3) In between I think I did play it on my Lite, but it's been over 24 hours playing on the 3DS and still nothing.
                      4) I can connect to normal internet pages no problem.

                      So I think that's it really. I'm dying to give the dream world a try but I just can't because I'm consistently met with the "needs to be charged" message. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how to solve it? And no, I'm afraid I don't have the booklet because I bought the game second-hand cart. only :/
                        #4694    
                      Old March 31st, 2013 (8:57 AM).
                      Crystal Noel's Avatar
                      Crystal Noel Crystal Noel is offline
                      RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2012
                        Location: United States
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 214
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
                        Hi there, Having trouble in getting Pokemon White on my 3DS to Game Sync/Connect to wifi due to a recharging issue. I've never used the game sync option properly so I can't see why it won't let me connect. So I'm looking for a bit of help to try get it up and running. A little overview of the problem I suppose would be in order.

                        1) I usually play on my DS Lite, but in order to try the internet I connected my 3ds to wifi (to avoid the crappy connectivity problems with the DS).
                        2) But, I started playing away on my 3DS about a week ago. It told me that the "game Sync has run out of energy. It will take on day to recharge it." I thought fine, ok. So I left it a few days and when I came back, it's still giving me that message.
                        3) In between I think I did play it on my Lite, but it's been over 24 hours playing on the 3DS and still nothing.
                        4) I can connect to normal internet pages no problem.

                        So I think that's it really. I'm dying to give the dream world a try but I just can't because I'm consistently met with the "needs to be charged" message. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how to solve it? And no, I'm afraid I don't have the booklet because I bought the game second-hand cart. only :/
                        It is probably one of the safeguards against changing the DS Clock. Check the the global link site and see if you have to register the game with the 3DS.
                        __________________

                          #4695    
                        Old March 31st, 2013 (9:05 AM).
                        CliCliW's Avatar
                        CliCliW CliCliW is offline
                        I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2012
                          Location: Ireland
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Bashful
                          Posts: 437
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Crystal Noel View Post
                          It is probably one of the safeguards against changing the DS Clock. Check the the global link site and see if you have to register the game with the 3DS.
                          The game is registered on the global link site, but not on the 3DS. Might try looking into that and let you know whether I have any luck! Thank you!
                            #4696    
                          Old March 31st, 2013 (11:50 AM).
                          Cyclone's Avatar
                          Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                          Eye of the Storm
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 3,392
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
                            The game is registered on the global link site, but not on the 3DS. Might try looking into that and let you know whether I have any luck! Thank you!
                            This is correct. You probably have to unregister and reregister the game.

                            Cyclone
                            __________________
                            "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                            Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                            Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                            Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                              #4697    
                            Old April 1st, 2013 (5:19 PM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by XandeRToXic.
                            XandeRToXic's Avatar
                            XandeRToXic XandeRToXic is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 33
                              I just picked up Pokemon White the other day, my first Pokemon gameboy purchase since Silver. My girlfriend told me you could get Zorua in this version. She traded me her Celebi so I could talk to the little girl and boy in the Game Freak building. But I already have and the little girl told me the story. I'm thinking I missed the pass phrase step when talking to the scientist. Now I can't find the scientist and I've already beat the gym leader. I wish they made it so you can still get the "Event" Pokemon after the events PLEASE HELP!!!

                              Why does it say Poliwrath!? lol

                              Maybe like Anon?
                                #4698    
                              Old April 1st, 2013 (6:24 PM).
                              Hikamaru's Avatar
                              Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                              Sacred Hearts Club
                              • Platinum Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2011
                              Location: Australia
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 45,206
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by XandeRToXic View Post
                              I just picked up Pokemon White the other day, my first Pokemon gameboy purchase since Silver. My girlfriend told me you could get Zorua in this version. She traded me her Celebi so I could talk to the little girl and boy in the Game Freak building. But I already have and the little girl told me the story. I'm thinking I missed the pass phrase step when talking to the scientist. Now I can't find the scientist and I've already beat the gym leader. I wish they made it so you can still get the "Event" Pokemon after the events PLEASE HELP!!!

                              Why does it say Poliwrath!? lol

                              Maybe like Anon?
                              Have you tried interacting with the boy? He turns into Zorua who will then join your party as long as you have an empty spot and a spare Poke Ball. Also make sure the Celebi you have is the one that was distributed to 4th Generation games during the Movie 13 event. If it isn't that specific Celebi, you won't get Zorua.
                              __________________
                              pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
                                #4699    
                              Old April 1st, 2013 (8:57 PM).
                              Cyclone's Avatar
                              Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                              Eye of the Storm
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 3,392
                                Additionally, if the Celebi has already "met its friend" (check its description for that), then it will not encounter another Zorua in another Castelia City. Event Celebis often get cloned and then traded due to this (or ARed, in the 4th gen.).

                                Cyclone
                                __________________
                                "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                                Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                                Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                                  #4700    
                                Old April 7th, 2013 (12:26 PM).
                                Moltres Rider Moltres Rider is offline
                                Banned
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                                  Location: With My Wife, Reshiram!
                                  Age: 31
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 993
                                  can someone help me??? EVERY TIME I battle people on wi-fi, my Zoroark's Illusion DOES NOT take effect!!! his ability is NOT WORKING on wi-fi battles!!! what is wrong??????
                                  Closed Thread
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:45 PM.