• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.

Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~
I would say the lack of anything else from him could either be cause he gave so much that his job as trolling us is done, or he actually is from Nintendo and is now sitting in jail for breaking the wonderful thing called an NDA.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I would say the lack of anything else from him could either be cause he gave so much that his job as trolling us is done, or he actually is from Nintendo and is now sitting in jail for breaking the wonderful thing called an NDA.

While i don't know what NDA is, i would assume he wouldn't get that long in jail for it. Also nintendo may have just fired him if he works for them. Nintendo may also have asked him to stop posting for a bit to get the fans to talk more about it, that is if this is a new marketing plan which we have seen this year their approach to advertising is different. Either way the 15th will disprove or prove him right or wrong. I think that it could go either way, some of it sounds real and some of it is questionable but who knows, maybe nintendo wanted to change the series to bring more fans to it. They may have also changed it since it is the first main 3d pokemon game and they want to change it's level of play.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Non-Disclosure Agreement, which basically means that anyone involved in the localization of the game is not permitted to openly disclose anything of the game to the world, which was basically this. Which is also why I doubt its a marketing thing from Nintendo, that would actually be grounds to null any future breachings of NDA's.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
On top of that, NDAs usually do have jail times attached to them, and I doubt someone would like to risk that by leaking information about a Pokémon game.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Which, as I said could be the reason why XY hasn't posted anything else. Lets say its real, he done got himself caught.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Or maybe he doesn't want anymore attention so that nintendo doesn't find who he is.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Or maybe he doesn't want anymore attention so that nintendo doesn't find who he is.

At this point if what he's leaking has been true it's a little too late for him =P For his sake here's hoping his leaks aren't true. Plus, I think some of the stuff he's been "leaking" has been shoddy at best, so I doubt any of it has been true anyways.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.

Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~
I see I chose a bad time for a break. Bad Cyclone, bad Cyclone.

Where are some of these posts located?

While i don't know what NDA is
Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Cyclone

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.

If by numeral you mean Roman numeral, that'll be a little trickier to do seeing as 6 is VI, and there was actually two legends (Victini and Virizion) that started like that! However, I could see them having another mascot that isn't really pertinent to any story line thrown in there again like Victini was. And let's be honest: Victini was adorable, so if they made another cute one I'd be perfectly fine with that =P

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I'm sure we will get another Victini or Mew-like Pokémon. They need something to star in the movies after all.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hopefully its not another 000 Pokemon considering how it felt more of a one and done deal.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I didn't really like it either, it just confuses people really.
It gave the impression of Victini being the predecessor of all Pokémon in Unova. There's nothing confusing about it, whatsoever, unless you're poking through organizing the National Dex and sticking it after Arceus in Sinnoh. I thought it might belong at the end, but after thinking about it, I like where they put it here.

Doi we need another 000? No. But if they want someone to be the predecessor again, it makes sense. Arceus should have been an 000.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Um, there's no need for another 000 given that it's already taken and having two in that spot would make no sense whatever imo. :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was thinking that maybe they will go down the 000 road because this new region is isolated, so... I dunno, it'd make sense to me. But yes, I do wonder what the cute legendary will look like. I do wonder what the trio legendaries look like as well!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well last year we got deers and Kami's so anything is honestly available. I personally want legendary sharks, and have em go all out with the typings and what not.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I was thinking that maybe they will go down the 000 road because this new region is isolated, so... I dunno, it'd make sense to me. But yes, I do wonder what the cute legendary will look like. I do wonder what the trio legendaries look like as well!
I don't think Victini was listed as #000 because Unova was the first region detached from the location of the first four, but because Gen V was to be considered a "reboot" of the franchise and GameFreak decided to be creative and officially create Pokémon #000 that wasn't Missingo. So it made sense for them to create a Pokémon listed as #000 for what was to be a new beginning for the series.

I'm doubtful that they'll do it again though, at least for this generation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back