• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I've ran in to two, and one happened today!

The first was a Poochyena, all golden, pretty cool. The second today was a Nidoran in Fire Red. I was wondering about how annoying it may be to encounter one in the Safari Zone and voila. I caught it though. A blue Nidoran male.

Years
My first shiny was Aron. I remember it so well as I had the volume down and was just level grinding early on in the game. I was watching TV and I looked down at the screen and saw an Aron. It was weird because it's eyes were red, but it was female. I thought that it was weird they were red, so I caught it and boom, my first shiny! :D​

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
First encountered and caught a shiny Oddish today in FireRed while training for the Elite Four. First and only 3rd gen shiny, and second shiny total of all random encounters. I think I'll trade her to SoulSilver and evolve her into a Bellossom.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I got super lucky with Kendall, my Shiny Torkoal from Emerald. He was sooooo cool! B)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
I got a Poochyena on Emerald or Ruby ROM, can't remember which, but soon after, my save got corrupted so I lost it. :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
My first shiny ever was in 3rd gen, and it was a Minun. Unfortunately that play-through was an emulated play through on an unpatched Emerald and as soon as I beat the E4 the save file was gone.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I caught a shiny Zigzagoon in route 118. I had no idea why is it different in color.
I didn't know that there were shiny Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Mine was a shiny Zubat in Meteor Falls when I was 6 years old. I did not know what a shiny Pokemon was at the time so I KOed it :p. The first Shiny I ever caught was a shiny Swablu right outside of meteor falls the next year.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I've never had a shiny encounter on ANY pokemon game, my life sucks...
But my brother had 4(!!) shinies on his ruby: a swablu, an exeggute, a Rhyhorn and a wailmer.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Mine was actually my very first shiny caught, a female lotad on my brother's game. Years later, I transferred it to my Soulsilver game, where she remains, as a Ludicolo.

Tox

fight me
Years
Funnily enough, I've only ever captured three shinies and they were all in Emerald, on the Daycare route (I clearly spent way too much of my time there, haha). My first was an Illumise, followed by a Marill and finally, a Poochyena.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
Years
lol my first shiny was a Rattata.* o * After finding nothing to do i was walking to all the places and i randomly just felt like going in the Pokemon Mansion and just exploring I got bored and was gonna go out and few steps later BAM a beutiful girl Rattata!* w* Blonde fur...Blue eyes..I was like OMFG and then didint want it to escape so i threw my Master Ball.- w - Screw Mewto i got my shiny blonde girl Rattata.* w * but kinda hated that i rare candied it to lvl 28 T__T Its in my platinum doing nothing. > _ < probaly should EV train it and show it off in a real battle.> w <

Feebas

Unevolved
Years
My first was an Oddish in Emerald, that I killed. In one hit. From my weakest Pokemon. I cried for the rest of the day.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I was fishing in order to train my magnemite (which wasn't able to onehit them) -> fished a shiny sharpedo -> tryed to weaken it -> critical hit -> sharpedo fainted -> you serious???

Haven't been finding shinys anymore since that time...

Back