Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #526    
Old March 7th, 2013 (12:44 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon82☆ View Post
In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, what level should my pokemon be for mount battle area 10?
What strategies should I use to defeat the leader?
If you have the right movesets on your team, 60 or late 50 is pretty enough.
I remember going there with 60s and it was good enough =)
Be careful of legendaries, though They may surprise you =)
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

Relevant Advertising!

  #527    
Old March 7th, 2013 (9:09 AM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
rob the rich !
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 25
Nature: Timid
Posts: 32,177
Ask in the Spin Offs Q&A thread. You'd get better help there.
__________________

≫ take your heart !
challenges | klippy
  #528    
Old March 7th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
SaniOKh's Avatar
SaniOKh SaniOKh is offline
The Cynical Completionist
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: France
    Age: 29
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 542
    I went through Mt Battle in XD using what I call "Gen 1" strategy.

    Basically, I only used a Lugia and a Dragonite, both of them had Earthquake (as well as a few other moves that would take care of flying Pokémon). Since they themselves are flying they don't harm each other with it. So I just spammed Earthquake turn after turn, and occasionally used Hydro Pump, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam etc to take down flyers. The first time I attempted to get from Area 1 to 10 (to get my Gen 2 starters) , I lost in early Area 10, but the second time I succeeded. Just like in Gen 1, Earthquake owned most of my opponents :D .

    The champion is a different story though. Double Earthquake is a must if you want to get rid of his Slaking as quickly as possible (and believe me, you'll want to) , but the [email protected] (he has both) and his Salamence will give you trouble.
    __________________

    Friend codes:
    Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
    PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
      #529    
    Old March 7th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
    Guardian's Avatar
    Guardian Guardian is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Location: Distortion World
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,471
      Ok I will, thanks. If anyone still knows, tell me pls :D
      __________________

      "The future you see is the future you get."
        #530    
      Old March 7th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
      Guardian's Avatar
      Guardian Guardian is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Location: Distortion World
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 2,471
        I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?
          #531    
        Old March 7th, 2013 (1:32 PM).
        vaporeon7's Avatar
        vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
        My life would suck without you
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,154
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
        I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?
        The other downloadable missions were for a limited time only, sorry.
        __________________
          #532    
        Old March 8th, 2013 (1:49 AM).
        Guardian's Avatar
        Guardian Guardian is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Location: Distortion World
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 2,471
          Damn, I guess I got through whole game. After Regigigas, capture arena, and extra missions there is nothing else really to do besides getting your capturer to lvl. 100, right?
          __________________

          "The future you see is the future you get."
            #533    
          Old March 8th, 2013 (2:03 AM).
          vaporeon7's Avatar
          vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
          My life would suck without you
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 5,154
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
          Damn, I guess I got through whole game. After Regigigas, capture arena, and extra missions there is nothing else really to do besides getting your capturer to lvl. 100, right?
          Unfortunately, yes. You can only really restart and play again.
          __________________
            #534    
          Old March 8th, 2013 (3:42 AM).
          Guardian's Avatar
          Guardian Guardian is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Location: Distortion World
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 2,471
            Too bad. I guess I am moving on to PMD Explorers of Darkness :D
            Thanks for info.
              #535    
            Old March 8th, 2013 (3:58 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,503
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
            I went through Mt Battle in XD using what I call "Gen 1" strategy.

            Basically, I only used a Lugia and a Dragonite, both of them had Earthquake (as well as a few other moves that would take care of flying Pokémon). Since they themselves are flying they don't harm each other with it. So I just spammed Earthquake turn after turn, and occasionally used Hydro Pump, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam etc to take down flyers. The first time I attempted to get from Area 1 to 10 (to get my Gen 2 starters) , I lost in early Area 10, but the second time I succeeded. Just like in Gen 1, Earthquake owned most of my opponents :D .

            The champion is a different story though. Double Earthquake is a must if you want to get rid of his Slaking as quickly as possible (and believe me, you'll want to) , but the [email protected] (he has both) and his Salamence will give you trouble.
            Poor Lugia... getting purified :D But yeah, this is good strategy that fails against Flying types and Levitate types... And as you mentioned, Battle Master has both of that... :D
            I think more diverse strategy should be applied here :D
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
              #536    
            Old March 10th, 2013 (1:42 PM). Edited March 10th, 2013 by PokeCoyote.
            PokeCoyote PokeCoyote is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3
              Hi everyone! I am a long time viewer of the Pokemon anime, but new to the games. I have a question concerning the TMs (technical machines), as I am working on converting Pokemon to the Hero System RPG. On the page for Bulbasaur's First Generation learnset on the Pokemon Wikia, it says that Bulbasuar can only use certain TMs (TMs 3,6,8,9,10,20,21,22,31,32,33,34,44,50) and HM1. So, I assume it does not use the others for a Bulbasaur and that other pokemon are limited as to what they can learn as well? The ones that Bulbasaur can use are normal, grass, poison, and psychic moves... I guess it makes sense that a grass/poison pokemon can't learn fire or steel moves...
                #537    
              Old March 10th, 2013 (1:54 PM).
              Sydian's Avatar
              Sydian Sydian is offline
              rob the rich !
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: Alabama
              Age: 25
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 32,177
              Yes, there are certain TMs that each Pokemon can and cannot learn.
              __________________

              ≫ take your heart !
              challenges | klippy
                #538    
              Old March 11th, 2013 (10:02 AM).
              Thomas Wiencek's Avatar
              Thomas Wiencek Thomas Wiencek is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 79
                Is a Meowth a Pokémon based on a kitten?
                  #539    
                Old March 11th, 2013 (12:21 PM).
                PlatinumDude's Avatar
                PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is online now
                Nyeh?
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: Canada
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Hasty
                Posts: 12,897
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Thomas Wiencek View Post
                Is a Meowth a Pokémon based on a kitten?
                Kind of a strange question if you ask me, but anyway: Meowth is based on Satoshi Tajiri's pet cat according to Junichi Masuda. In general terms, it's based on the Maneki Neko, the lucky/beckoning cat of Japanese myth.
                __________________

                  #540    
                Old March 12th, 2013 (7:04 AM).
                PokeCoyote PokeCoyote is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 3
                  I am still working on my Hero System translation, and my current question is this... I am working on the Spearow and Fearow and I am wondering, is there such a thing as a level 1 Fearow? Spearows evolve to Fearows at level 20 if you allow them to, but do mama Fearows give birth to baby Fearows, or are thier babies Spearow and there are no Fearows until the baby Spearows hit level 20? I assume the answer to this will apply to all other pokemon as well.

                  Thanks in advance!
                    #541    
                  Old March 12th, 2013 (7:08 AM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                  rob the rich !
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 25
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,177
                  This thread is really aimed at questions about the games, not Pokemon themselves. But anyway, Pokemon lay eggs...you can read about breeding here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breeding
                  __________________

                  ≫ take your heart !
                  challenges | klippy
                    #542    
                  Old March 12th, 2013 (7:16 AM).
                  PokeCoyote PokeCoyote is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 3
                    Ok, thank you... I will look for an alternate thread for my questions. I asked here because I was interested in how it worked in relation to the games, as opposed to the anime that I am more familiar with.
                      #543    
                    Old March 13th, 2013 (5:58 PM).
                    StinkomanFan's Avatar
                    StinkomanFan StinkomanFan is offline
                    The Thing with Questionable Taste
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 221
                      According to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Colosseum is a main game. Where does it fit into the timeline?
                      __________________
                      Please join my Pokemon RP: "So You Went To Prison"
                      Please also see my interactive story, "The Undertaker"
                        #544    
                      Old March 13th, 2013 (6:06 PM).
                      Sydian's Avatar
                      Sydian Sydian is offline
                      rob the rich !
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                      Location: Alabama
                      Age: 25
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 32,177
                      Unfortunately, that's probably up to a bunch of debates. We had a timeline thread in PGC, but it got really messy because people get really heated in there. I suppose you could search for that thread and see what was said and determine it for yourself. I don't recommend making another one though, because they always tend to go nuts.

                      As far as I know, especially after gen V, there isn't a very clear timeline anymore like there used to be. Pokemon has become the new Zelda, but a lot less convoluted, haha.
                      __________________

                      ≫ take your heart !
                      challenges | klippy
                        #545    
                      Old March 14th, 2013 (12:47 AM).
                      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                      Memento Mori
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 14,503
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by StinkomanFan View Post
                      According to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Colosseum is a main game. Where does it fit into the timeline?
                      I believe that's mistake on bulbapedia's side...
                      Colosseum should be treated as spin-off... I was explaining reasons in a different thread...
                      But as Syd said, we don't really have clear timeline (beside the BW - B2W2)...
                      __________________
                      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                        #546    
                      Old March 17th, 2013 (1:39 PM).
                      Guardian's Avatar
                      Guardian Guardian is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Location: Distortion World
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 2,471
                        I have another question. I just finished the main story of Pokemon Ranger: Explorers of Darkness.
                        I loved it (tho I loved the red rescue team's end bit better), and I just noticed that Explorers of Sky has some stuff in it that Time and Darkness do not. So my question is, if someone who played both t/d and S, if it's worth getting Explorers of time, even after I finish the Darkness (including the post-game story. I would like to get it, but only if it includes a lot of extra stuff.

                        Also, is there any significant differences between Darkness and Time?
                        Thanks
                          #547    
                        Old March 17th, 2013 (7:36 PM).
                        SchwarzRozen's Avatar
                        SchwarzRozen SchwarzRozen is offline
                        Sugary Delight
                           
                          Join Date: May 2012
                          Location: Richmond, VA
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 134
                          When it comes to Pokemon Battle Revolution, when importing your Pokemon from HGSS do things such as exclusive moves (egg/tutor) or event moves go in the game> I understand I had a problem in Plat when I tried to put in some of the Pokemon in their exclusive forms and what not.

                          Darkrai with Special Rend
                          Xatu with Signal Beam
                          Togepi with Extrasenory
                          for example
                          __________________
                          ~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
                            #548    
                          Old March 17th, 2013 (10:28 PM).
                          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                          Memento Mori
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 14,503
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
                          I have another question. I just finished the main story of Pokemon Ranger: Explorers of Darkness.
                          I loved it (tho I loved the red rescue team's end bit better), and I just noticed that Explorers of Sky has some stuff in it that Time and Darkness do not. So my question is, if someone who played both t/d and S, if it's worth getting Explorers of time, even after I finish the Darkness (including the post-game story. I would like to get it, but only if it includes a lot of extra stuff.
                          Well... I strongly believe that Sky is the best of the MDs.
                          I mean... it has special episodes that give out more information about the characters...
                          I might spoil you but you will see what happens with Grovyle

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
                          Also, is there any significant differences between Darkness and Time?
                          Thanks
                          Nope. Only some Pokemon differences.
                          __________________
                          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                            #549    
                          Old March 18th, 2013 (1:48 PM).
                          vaporeon7's Avatar
                          vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                          My life would suck without you
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 5,154
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
                          When it comes to Pokemon Battle Revolution, when importing your Pokemon from HGSS do things such as exclusive moves (egg/tutor) or event moves go in the game> I understand I had a problem in Plat when I tried to put in some of the Pokemon in their exclusive forms and what not.

                          Darkrai with Special Rend
                          Xatu with Signal Beam
                          Togepi with Extrasenory
                          for example
                          I've had no problem with them.
                          __________________
                            #550    
                          Old March 20th, 2013 (4:44 AM).
                          BessieDono's Avatar
                          BessieDono BessieDono is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2013
                            Location: Finland
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 4
                            hi. i've been wondering...
                            is it possible to trade/move pokemons from mystery dungeon games to main series games?
                            __________________
                            Giving away all starter from all generations. PM me if you're interested.
                            White2:1421 5714 2583

                            Next Friday ... call in to work. Get a babysitter. Bring your wife. For the Samurai With No Name is back ...

                            For A Few Nu¥en More!!
                            Closed Thread

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:46 PM.