ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #7976    
Old March 6th, 2013 (8:59 AM). Edited March 6th, 2013 by LocksmithArmy.
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy LocksmithArmy is offline
Mew!
     
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 28
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 415
    Hello, I am havin issues... when all my pokemon faint I dont respawn... im just getting a black screen...

    I followed this guide:
    http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/tutorials/view/extending-sethealingplace-on-pok-233mon-firered/
    word for word to increase my sethealingplace list... but now I just get a black screen, forcing the player to reset their game...

    logically it should work unless there is a point that guide is missing (or I messed it up somewhere else)

    so is there another guide for this? or does anyone know where the script is that runs after a person dies?
    cause resetting the game woulnt be that bad if it did it automatically... no respawns, when you die you start from your last save point... it would make people save more

    the black screen happen right after the "player whited out" text... before the "player scurried to the pokemon center protecting his pokes from furthur harm" text...
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #7977    
    Old March 7th, 2013 (2:55 PM).
    Crocky's Avatar
    Crocky Crocky is offline
    SuperScarlet!
       
      Join Date: Feb 2009
      Posts: 95
      Are scripts that do things after a certain amount of steps possible to do in Firered?
      I wanted to make berry trees that regenerate a berry after a certain amount of steps.
      Thanks for your help!
        #7978    
      Old March 7th, 2013 (3:02 PM).
      karatekid552's Avatar
      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
      What happens if I push it?....
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 1,766
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Crocky View Post
        Are scripts that do things after a certain amount of steps possible to do in Firered?
        I wanted to make berry trees that regenerate a berry after a certain amount of steps.
        Thanks for your help!
        Errr... It would be tough, but it could be done. It would require a small branch in the step routine, but it is fairly basic ASM in terms of complexity. It can't be done with just a script because scripts lock the player in place. The only way to do it with a script, would be to have a map script which checks the amount of steps since the last time it was used and if so, cause berries to grow. The only problem with this, is the scripts would only be loaded when reentering the map.


        Now that I think about it... I have a vague memory of seeing a note in JPAN's hacked engine that said you could have a script run every step. But I'm not sure. In that case, you could designate a var, and add 1 to it each time. When it hits the number of steps you like, it is reset and berries grow.
        __________________

        Paired with Simba
          #7979    
        Old March 7th, 2013 (4:16 PM).
        Kurapika's Avatar
        Kurapika Kurapika is offline
        Grudgebearer
           
          Join Date: Feb 2013
          Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 406
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
          The only way to do it with a script, would be to have a map script which checks the amount of steps since the last time it was used and if so, cause berries to grow. The only problem with this, is the scripts would only be loaded when reentering the map.
          I guess it is the best way, easier to do and makes more sense imo than a method that would make the plants pop-up in an instant. lol

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
          Now that I think about it... I have a vague memory of seeing a note in JPAN's hacked engine that said you could have a script run every step. But I'm not sure. In that case, you could designate a var, and add 1 to it each time. When it hits the number of steps you like, it is reset and berries grow.
          You're right, I guess yes. But as you said, it would lock and release the player with every step which will be probably annoying.
          __________________
            #7980    
          Old March 7th, 2013 (4:57 PM).
          karatekid552's Avatar
          karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
          What happens if I push it?....
             
            Join Date: Nov 2012
            Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 1,766
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
            I guess it is the best way, easier to do and makes more sense imo than a method that would make the plants pop-up in an instant. lol


            You're right, I guess yes. But as you said, it would lock and release the player with every step which will be probably annoying.
            Well, maybe not, the calculations of the script could be done extremely fast, and you might not even notice it. If you just had a script itself that was counting your steps you wouldn't have any control over over your character. There is no "let player move" command, lol.

            When you take a step, the game makes thousands of tiny calculations, what is two or three more by running a script every time? You shouldn't have a problem just as long as the script only plays with numbers, not person or object movement.
            __________________

            Paired with Simba
              #7981    
            Old March 8th, 2013 (8:08 AM).
            ep!c ep!c is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Mar 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 124
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kurapika
              But as you said, it would lock and release the player with every step which will be probably annoying.
              Man, if you just set vars, you don't even need lock and release..
              The WRAM is very very fast, within miliseconds it calculates hundreds of code

              And yeah, as long as you "put" the movement into an Assembler-Code, you can make object moves..
                #7982    
              Old March 9th, 2013 (5:29 AM). Edited March 9th, 2013 by jackhiggins138.
              jackhiggins138 jackhiggins138 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 11
                okay this is my script i wrote :
                #org $script
                lock
                faceplayer
                cry 0xA1 145
                #raw 0x33
                pause 0x30
                message $cry
                $cry 1 = Slowpoke! Slow!
                boxset 6
                wildbattle 145 50 0
                pause 0x70
                fadescreen 1
                removesprite 0x800F
                setflag 0x1211
                pause 0x10
                fadescreen 0
                release
                end

                what it is suppose to do is the basic zapdos battle in FR/LG
                it all works apart from it disapearing after battle , it just stays there
                if someone can just point out the mistake i made that would be great
                thanks !

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jackhiggins138 View Post
                okay this is my script i wrote :
                #org $script
                lock
                faceplayer
                cry 0xA1 145
                #raw 0x33
                pause 0x30
                message $cry
                $cry 1 = Slowpoke! Slow!
                boxset 6
                wildbattle 145 50 0
                pause 0x70
                fadescreen 1
                removesprite 0x800F
                setflag 0x1211
                pause 0x10
                fadescreen 0
                release
                end

                what it is suppose to do is the basic zapdos battle in FR/LG
                it all works apart from it disapearing after battle , it just stays there
                if someone can just point out the mistake i made that would be great
                thanks !
                oh and the speach was just a test because i used slowpoke as a test
                  #7983    
                Old March 9th, 2013 (8:09 AM).
                ep!c ep!c is offline
                Banned
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 124
                  -avoid flags higher than 0x900, this is the point where they go into vars.
                  -removesprite? Wtf it this script editor xD in XSE you can use
                  hidesprite LASTTALKED or hidesprite 0xnumber..
                    #7984    
                  Old March 9th, 2013 (8:47 AM).
                  karatekid552's Avatar
                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                  What happens if I push it?....
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 1,766
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ep!c View Post
                    -avoid flags higher than 0x900, this is the point where they go into vars.
                    -removesprite? Wtf it this script editor xD in XSE you can use
                    hidesprite LASTTALKED or hidesprite 0xnumber..
                    I believe he was using pokescript and following foullumps tutorials on youtube. I would suggest swithing over to either XSE 1.1.1 or PKSVUI, and finding a good tutorial on here as they are a bit different.
                    __________________

                    Paired with Simba
                      #7985    
                    Old March 9th, 2013 (9:40 AM).
                    LudicoloDude's Avatar
                    LudicoloDude LudicoloDude is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2012
                      Location: Hoenn
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 34
                      I've been looking around some forums to try to find out how to make a repeating level script. One person said that if you set a variable to 0x0 would work, but the game just froze. I have also tried not setting a var, but it still didnt work. Is there any way to make a repeating level script? This is the script I have.

                      #dynamic 0x800000

                      #org @start
                      movesprite 0x2 0x06 0x1E
                      hidesprite 0x4
                      setvar 0x5006 0x0
                      release
                      end
                        #7986    
                      Old March 9th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
                      jackhiggins138 jackhiggins138 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 11
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                        I believe he was using pokescript and following foullumps tutorials on youtube. I would suggest swithing over to either XSE 1.1.1 or PKSVUI, and finding a good tutorial on here as they are a bit different.
                        have you got any suggestions?
                        because i can't seem to find any good ones
                          #7987    
                        Old March 9th, 2013 (1:37 PM).
                        karatekid552's Avatar
                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                        What happens if I push it?....
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 1,766
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by LudicoloDude View Post
                          I've been looking around some forums to try to find out how to make a repeating level script. One person said that if you set a variable to 0x0 would work, but the game just froze. I have also tried not setting a var, but it still didnt work. Is there any way to make a repeating level script? This is the script I have.

                          #dynamic 0x800000

                          #org @start
                          movesprite 0x2 0x06 0x1E
                          hidesprite 0x4
                          setvar 0x5006 0x0
                          release
                          end
                          In the map script section of A-map, set your script's var to 5006 and the value to 0.
                          __________________

                          Paired with Simba
                            #7988    
                          Old March 9th, 2013 (3:39 PM).
                          jackhiggins138 jackhiggins138 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 11
                            another question
                            i downloaded XSE 1.1.1 and when ever i open it it just shuts instantly .
                            if its a dodgy download could someone link me?
                            or could someone tell me a fix
                              #7989    
                            Old March 9th, 2013 (3:48 PM).
                            TweenyTodd TweenyTodd is offline
                            Quitting cuz i got a job
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2013
                              Location: NOYB
                              Nature: Sassy
                              Posts: 95
                              I had that problem too. You are missing the settings.ini file. Once you get it, set Auto-Update to true.
                                #7990    
                              Old March 9th, 2013 (3:49 PM).
                              LudicoloDude's Avatar
                              LudicoloDude LudicoloDude is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2012
                                Location: Hoenn
                                Age: 20
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 34
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                In the map script section of A-map, set your script's var to 5006 and the value to 0.
                                I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?
                                  #7991    
                                Old March 9th, 2013 (3:53 PM).
                                jackhiggins138 jackhiggins138 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 11
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
                                  I had that problem too. You are missing the settings.ini file. Once you get it, set Auto-Update to true.
                                  and where cn i get this .ini?
                                    #7992    
                                  Old March 9th, 2013 (3:59 PM).
                                  TweenyTodd TweenyTodd is offline
                                  Quitting cuz i got a job
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2013
                                    Location: NOYB
                                    Nature: Sassy
                                    Posts: 95
                                    wow, that was fast.
                                    I got it from tajaros. Check his scripting tutorial. You'll have to re-download XSE.
                                      #7993    
                                    Old March 9th, 2013 (6:27 PM).
                                    karatekid552's Avatar
                                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                    What happens if I push it?....
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 1,766
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by LudicoloDude View Post
                                      I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?
                                      Yes. Now, change the map script to 02, if it isn't already.

                                      Also, you don't need to set the var in your script, if you don't touch it, it won't change and will always be 0.
                                      __________________

                                      Paired with Simba
                                        #7994    
                                      Old March 9th, 2013 (6:44 PM).
                                      FBI's Avatar
                                      FBI FBI is offline
                                      Free supporter
                                      • Silver Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2013
                                      Location: Unknown Island
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1,788
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by LudicoloDude View Post
                                      I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?
                                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
                                      For all your level scripting needs :)
                                      __________________
                                      ...
                                        #7995    
                                      Old March 10th, 2013 (2:30 AM).
                                      sarge981 sarge981 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 6
                                        Pokemon:
                                        Saphire Version:
                                        A-MAP:
                                        XSE:

                                        Ok I tried doing all the research that I could but I am having trouble fixing the problem. Let me try to make this as clear as possible for you guys. When I make it to the first area that I have my pokemon center and heal I go out to battle the trainers. but after I beat some of them in battle for some reason when the battle scene is over I take control of another OW sprite or I will just move around as an invisble character. I tried narrowing down the problems. I dont believe it is any of the trainer codes as they are very basic and have no flags set on any of them. I the only other thing that I could think of would be map scripts causing the effects. But this problem only happens after I heal at the POKEMON CENTER?

                                        I would show pics but the forum wont let me until I have posted 15 times :p
                                          #7996    
                                        Old March 10th, 2013 (5:21 AM).
                                        LudicoloDude's Avatar
                                        LudicoloDude LudicoloDude is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2012
                                          Location: Hoenn
                                          Age: 20
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Jolly
                                          Posts: 34
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                                          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
                                          For all your level scripting needs
                                          Hm, my first post was misleading. What I'm trying to do is make a level script happen once when you enter the map, and when you exit and return, it will do the same thing but once. I don't know if that made any sense at all.
                                            #7997    
                                          Old March 10th, 2013 (5:49 AM).
                                          FBI's Avatar
                                          FBI FBI is offline
                                          Free supporter
                                          • Silver Tier
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                                          Location: Unknown Island
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 1,788
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by LudicoloDude View Post
                                          Hm, my first post was misleading. What I'm trying to do is make a level script happen once when you enter the map, and when you exit and return, it will do the same thing but once. I don't know if that made any sense at all.
                                          Use script type: "03 On entering map/not on menu close". You don't need to set variables for that type of level script, the rest of the procedure is the same.
                                          __________________
                                          ...
                                            #7998    
                                          Old March 10th, 2013 (6:09 AM). Edited March 10th, 2013 by ArthurWaine.
                                          ArthurWaine ArthurWaine is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 21
                                            @ Sarge 981: Hmmm... that's really weird. Have you edited the pokemon center itself? Because if you've touched people inside of it (especially n. Joy), you may accidentally have set a person events movement byte to the one that says "Do not use - you will be this person after battling". Or at least, something along those lines. I'm sorry if it's of little help, but this is the only thing I can think of, apart from some kind of ROM corruption, which would produce the effect as you described it. You might seriously consider checking this either way, since you may have accidentally selected it while scrolling: I know that has happened to me at least once, except I was lucky enough that I got a normal movement byte.
                                            The thing to do here is to really try to narrow it down as best as you can. Then, if all else fails and you're sure it happens somehow during the healing, you could just replace that entire PC with a new map.

                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                                            Hello, I am havin issues... when all my pokemon faint I dont respawn... im just getting a black screen...

                                            I followed this guide:
                                            http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/tutorials/view/extending-sethealingplace-on-pok-233mon-firered/
                                            word for word to increase my sethealingplace list... but now I just get a black screen, forcing the player to reset their game...

                                            logically it should work unless there is a point that guide is missing (or I messed it up somewhere else)

                                            so is there another guide for this? or does anyone know where the script is that runs after a person dies?
                                            cause resetting the game woulnt be that bad if it did it automatically... no respawns, when you die you start from your last save point... it would make people save more

                                            the black screen happen right after the "player whited out" text... before the "player scurried to the pokemon center protecting his pokes from furthur harm" text...

                                            You might want to try JPAN's hacked engine. I'm pretty certain it includes a rewrite of the way 'respawning' works, giving you access to a potentially infinite number of healing places.
                                              #7999    
                                            Old March 10th, 2013 (7:06 AM).
                                            LudicoloDude's Avatar
                                            LudicoloDude LudicoloDude is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Mar 2012
                                              Location: Hoenn
                                              Age: 20
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Jolly
                                              Posts: 34
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                                              Use script type: "03 On entering map/not on menu close". You don't need to set variables for that type of level script, the rest of the procedure is the same.
                                              Thanks a ton, but now I have run into another problem. I'm using movesprite but it dosnt seem to work in 03 On entering map/not on menu close.
                                                #8000    
                                              Old March 10th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
                                              designmadman designmadman is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2012
                                                Location: USA
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Adamant
                                                Posts: 13
                                                Whenever I try to compile this script I get the following error: "No#org/seek directives found" any suggestions?

                                                SCRIPT:

                                                #dynamic 0x805300
                                                lockall
                                                checkflag 0x1391
                                                if 0x1 goto @done
                                                checkflag 0x1385
                                                if 0x1 goto @start
                                                releaseall
                                                end


                                                #org @start
                                                setweather 0x5
                                                doweather
                                                setflag 0x1392
                                                playsong 0x127 0x0
                                                applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @moveplayer
                                                waitmovement 0x0
                                                msgbox @1 0x6
                                                msgbox @2 0x6
                                                msgbox @3 0x6
                                                msgbox @4 0x6
                                                msgbox @5 0x6
                                                msgbox @6 0x6
                                                applymovement 0x4 @move1
                                                waitmovement 0x4
                                                msgbox @yesno
                                                boxset 0x5
                                                if 0x1 goto @yes
                                                if 0x0 goto @no
                                                release
                                                end

                                                #org @yes
                                                applymovement 0x5 @move2
                                                waitmovement 0x5
                                                trainerbattle 0x1 0x066 0x0 @before @after @later
                                                #org @before
                                                = TRAITOR

                                                #org @after
                                                = DAMM YOU!

                                                #org @later
                                                msgbox @7 0x6
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                hidesprite 0x2
                                                hidesprite 0x5
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                setflag 0x1388
                                                setflag 0x1387
                                                msgbox @8 0x6
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                hidesprite 0x4
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                setflag 0x1389
                                                setflag 0x1391
                                                setflag 0x1394
                                                setflag 0x1395
                                                release
                                                end



                                                #org @no
                                                applymovement 0x5 @move2
                                                waitmovement 0x5
                                                trainerbattle 0x1 0x068 0x0 @before @after @later
                                                end

                                                #org @before
                                                = haha he's one of us!

                                                #org @after
                                                = NO...

                                                #org @later
                                                msgbox @9 0x6
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                hidesprite 0x2
                                                hidesprite 0x4
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                setflag 0x1389
                                                setflag 0x1387
                                                msgbox @10 0x6
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                hidesprite 0x5
                                                fadescreen 0x1
                                                setflag 0x1388
                                                setflag 0x1391
                                                setflag 0x1394
                                                setflag 0x1395
                                                release
                                                end

                                                #org @done
                                                releaseall
                                                end


                                                #org @yesno
                                                = Yes or no?

                                                #org @1
                                                = DAISY: FIENDS

                                                #org @2
                                                = REX: WEVE

                                                #org @3
                                                = DAISY: GO FIG

                                                #org @4
                                                = REX: .....

                                                #org @5
                                                = DAISY: SPEECHLE

                                                #org @6
                                                = REX: I WAS

                                                #org @7
                                                = REX: THIS ISNT

                                                #org @8
                                                = DASISY: MEET

                                                #org @9
                                                = DAISY: YOU'D

                                                #org @10
                                                = REX: MEET

                                                #org @moveplayer
                                                #raw 0x20
                                                #raw 0x20
                                                #raw 0x20
                                                #raw 0x20
                                                #raw 0x20
                                                #raw 0xFE

                                                #[email protected] move1
                                                #raw 0x2F
                                                #raw 0xFE

                                                #[email protected] move2
                                                #raw 0x2F
                                                #raw 0xE
                                                #raw 0xFE
                                                Closed Thread

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:48 AM.