• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Zodiac.

Flannary Returns!
Years
Your spriting is so fluent, how long did it actually take you to do these?

Spoiler:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
In terms of mapping the game is about 98% complete, while the eventing is about 28% complete. As for the Pokémon; the currently consist of the first 493 Pokémon, this of course will be changed to a smaller amount in the fullness of time.

Rayquaza.

Years
It looks very promising indeed my man, just one question though will the battle sprites be moving like BW?

Thanks. It's a good question you've asked there - the answer is yes with an if/but - I'm not going to use gifs to animate them because they really slow the game down (they're too big) and if I can get my hand on an animating sprite script there will still be a whole load of extra bitmaps to create.

Another map update - Victors Pass:

WARNING: BIG
Spoiler:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks. It's a good question you've asked there - the answer is yes with an if/but - I'm not going to use gifs to animate them because they really slow the game down (they're too big) and if I can get my hand on an animating sprite script there will still be a whole load of extra bitmaps to create.

Another map update - Victors Pass:

I'm working on the backsprites for B/W you can use them, but they are in Gen4 format
also, I like your map, but i dont understand the waterfall, you made it a secluded body of water, I dont understand how it is just pouring endless water... hahaha, I like it though, its pretty good

Rayquaza.

Years
I'm working on the backsprites for B/W you can use them, but they are in Gen4 format
also, I like your map, but i dont understand the waterfall, you made it a secluded body of water, I dont understand how it is just pouring endless water... hahaha, I like it though, its pretty good

Do you mean like 2 frame animations? In d/p/pt?

Thanks, all my maps are subject to change depending on public opinion.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Do you mean like 2 frame animations? In d/p/pt?

Thanks, all my maps are subject to change depending on public opinion.

no, like the rest of the standard pokemon backsprites just one frame, they're based off of Chaos Rush's rom hack project, but i have to do some editing since its only 128x128 and i make them 160x160 and some i dont use since its easier to take the original ones

also your waterfall could work if the lake thing was filled by an outside source like a river you cant go though, like its blocked by rocks

Rayquaza.

Years
i wanna play this... if you dont finish ill procrastinate on thinking of something to do!
nice logo for it :3

It will be finished; it may take some time to finish with all the sprites that need to be redone but it will be finished - not to mention the project is too far in to just give it up.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
When will the first beta come out? I can't wait to play this. Looks awesome :D

Rayquaza.

Years
When will the first beta come out? I can't wait to play this. Looks awesome :D

There won't be a release for some time because all work on the game has come to a complete standstill. I haven't given up or anything but I really need to revise for exams, the only reason I can update on the PMD Starter Kit thread is because I'm not the only contributor.

Rayquaza.

Years
Hi guys, I'll be back on this thread posting updates in a couple of weeks (about 4). This update will give some insight into the changes/additions I plan to make to the game.
As usual if you want to see what I have currently planned you can check my deviantart for any news/updates.

Back