• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

#Toonami

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Well, I gave in and watched all of Madoka Magica last night. I saw many reviews and comments say the show was overrated, but I thought it was actually very enjoyable...or as enjoyable as a depressing show like that can be! (and I thought Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland were depressing!)

Whoever told me there wasn't much action was wrong. I saw plenty, more in the first episode than Tenchi Muyo! GXP has had in 15 episodes. So as far as needing to have action, Madoka has it. However, I still believe the moe designs are gonna turn a lot of people off to the show that won't give it a chance, in a similar way to people who refuse to watch Sym-Bionic Titan just because it isn't an anime or doesn't look like an anime. It would be a big risk.

But, if Toonami where to pick up Madoka anyway, I'd admire them for taking that risk.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
in a similar way to people who refuse to watch Sym-Bionic Titan just because it isn't an anime or doesn't look like an anime. It would be a big risk.
Agreed, and I am one of those people guilty of not giving Sym-Bionic Titan a fair chance because of its lack of anime-like exterior. Personally, it feels nothing different than when it was initially made for Cartoon Network - and definitely not much more successful.

Soul Eater's premiere was a huge hit with me!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Toonami news from MomoCon!!

tumblr_mjf2jjcVZT1rvb8cmo1_500.jpg

TOM 5, new Absolution, and new logo will debut sometime in April!

New show coming at some point this year is:

one-piece-poster-pirates-all-stars-1037-p.jpg

One Piece. No word yet on if it will start at Episode 1 or not.

Also, One Piece may or may not be what replaces Tenchi Muyo! GXP.

For Toonami's birthday this weekend, we get:

35072.jpg

Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone. It will air at 1:00am after Naruto. There will also be other goodies that night.

Confirmed: Young Justice and Samurai Jack will NOT be airing on Toonami.

Shows also mentioned, possibly for consideration later on: Samurai Champloo, Panty & Stocking, and Sailor Moon 2013.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
You mean Adult Swim are ACTUALLY making good decisions now?

Oh god... I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Seriously...

Good job.

Just keep this up.

If you don't... you'll hear from me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've never been a fan of One Piece, so I'm indifferent to that. I think not showing Samurai Jack is a mistake, despite being incredibly old, but that's a personal bias because that's been a favorite of mine for yeaaaaars and would love to see it not die off from television quite yet.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
APRIL 27th

The Toonami crew has revealed that April 27th will be the debut of TOM 5, the new Absolution and the new on-air look for Toonami.

They also made this little announcement:

8130l.jpg

They managed to find a way to bring back IGPX, and it will begin airing that same night! They had mentioned previously that IGPX had been written off by Cartoon Network which would prevent them from being about to air it again. However (I'm guessing because CN and Toonami actually created the show) they managed get the rights back.

The plan seems to be to remove one of the Cowboy Bebop episodes to make room for IGPX. And it seems that this is NOT the replacement for Tenchi Muyo! GXP either, so something else may be coming too, in addition to One Piece.

Back