• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Lt. Surge vs Pokémon Platinum Update #FINAL

Progress:
- Leveled up in Victory Road a bit.
- Went TM searching, Evolved Buzzcut into Electivire.
- Cleaned out Fuego Ironworks and Iron Island cause I didn't before.
- Gave Electivire Brickbreak and Flamethrower.
- Gave Jolteon Thunderbolt and Hyper Beam since Thunderfang and Strength is physical and he's a Sp. Atker.
- Gave Raichu Iron Tail.
- Lickilicky learned Power Whip to replace Solar Beam.
- Grinded everyone to level 55 and tried the Elite Four again.

ELITE FOUR
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Years
Hello Sydian :D I would like to join this please!

Username: Joshbl56
Game: Platinum
Leader: Giovanni

As I do want to use Giovanni, do you mind if I hack in a Murkrow or do you want to choose the pokemon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As I do want to use Giovanni, do you mind if I hack in a Murkrow or do you want to choose the pokemon?

Rules said:
5. You may hack/trade in up to three Pokemon. You don't have to, but this rule is there if you need it!

It was right there in the rules. And no, this isn't a random challenge, so you pick your team. Unless you really want someone to assign it. If that's what you want, just say so. I don't mind anyone assigning your team.

Years
It was right there in the rules. And no, this isn't a random challenge, so you pick your team. Unless you really want someone to assign it. If that's what you want, just say so. I don't mind anyone assigning your team.

I knew it was in the rules, just didn't want to cause any problems beforehand. Also, I meant to ask if it had to be an egg or can we just hack it in at level 5?

Please ignore that question, I'm just being overly annoying at this time of night (it's almost 2am here lol @_@ )

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Update: Beat Claire easily, because Exeggutor is super bulky! Then I traveled to the League, which was taken down after a LOT of effort. Staryu is still being useless because I lack a Water Stone...

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
THE 2ND UPDATE​
510.gif
502.gif
499.gif
507.gif
520.gif

BADGES
Basic Badge/Toxic Badge/Insect Badge​

I have been busy playin through my adventure, did Pokewood after beating Roxie; helped Hugh with Team Plasma...Purrloin evolved into Liepard, and trained up Oshawott whom eventually evolved into Dewott finally hatched, hooray...took a nice boat ride with Hugh to Castelia City where I met Iris and Burgh; traveled into the sewer...to assist Hugh again, eww; captured Pokemon there and in the the little grass area for Castelia.

Trained up everyone to the early 20's and Pidove evovles into Tranquil hooray, after all healed up and saying byte to Hiugh I wend and defeated Bugsy with no problem thanks Pignite wondered into route 4 defeated trainers and captured Pokemon of that route, battled Colress and now resting at Dester Resort hopin to find N's Darumaka

11wildy

Me!
Years
Update!

Ohgod that was so intense O_O. I sped through Kanto, skipping almost all trainers. Then I reached Red, oh god O_o. I decided to be smart and dash in with level 47 Pokemon and a level 48 Staryu (Stupid fisherman not calling me etc).

It started with Exeggutor leading against Pikachu and 2hko-ing with Solarbeam after a Sunny Day. Not a bad start.

Then Snorlax came out. Body Slam brought Exeggutor to the red health every time, but I kept healing until he was out of PP. Then he started to spam Rest and Snore, but eventually he could do nothing but Amnesia. And at that point Ariados killed it with multiple Sludge Bombs.

Then the nightmare called Charizard was brought out. PP stall until he was out of Flamethrower PP, then switch between Staryu and Kadabra, hoping for a Focus Band save, which I abused with a paralysing Thunderpunch. Then another Thunderpunch and a Waterfall from Starmie brought him down. (it took like 15 to 20 minutes to get lucky though XD)

Next was Espeon. Exeggutor could survive Psychic with orange or red health, so PP stall more. Then kill with a few Solarbeams.

After that there was a Venusaur, which was constantly being stupid and using Solarbeam on Exeggutor, which means I could alternate between attacking and healing until Venusaur just give up and fainted.

Then Blastoise was there. My best bet was letting Exeggutor get killed by Blizzard 5 times, since after that he would have only Water moves left. Turns out Red misses 2 Blizzards, after which a critical hit Solarbeam ONE SHOTTED Blastoise!!

The end :)

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
i'm so confused on what this is, sorry and please bare with me, but are we challenging (as in members such as i) the gym leaders that have been picked/chosen?

Years
i'm so confused on what this is, sorry and please bare with me, but are we challenging (as in members such as i) the gym leaders that have been picked/chosen?

It's more that you choose your favourite Gym Leader and run through any game of your choosing (Not just the game your chosen Gym Leader is from) with a team of Pokémon from the list of allowed Pokémon for the Gym Leader you chose.

For example: I chose Lt. Surge as my Gym Leader and Platinum as my game. This means I will play through Platinum with a team based on Lt. Surge's Pokémon list (posted in the first post)

That make sense?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
might just have to roll with drayden

Game? Make sure that when you sign up, you use the sign up format. It makes things easier for me, or any challenge owner really.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Clay|HG
Zephyr - Hive

Eliza - Trapinch - lv 21
Baron - Gyarados - lv 20
Andrew - Sandshrew - lv 20
Ira - Nidorino - lv 16

It's been like a week. Well, actually, looking at my last post... only like two days. But it felt like forever. But now I've finally done some things worth making an update for!
Good lord but training Baron was a struggle. I sat around in the Slowpoke Well for ages trying to get him anywhere near a decent level. Well, him and Andrew, but Andrew could one-shot most wilds by that point. Training was tedious and horrible and challenging in an awful way. I don't understand how I've managed to train Magikarp this early on so many times in the past. Anyway.
I took on Bugsy's gym and won against his minions pretty easily. But then his Scyther... eugh. I tried to battle him & restarted like four times [because I despise losing properly]. But finally I managed to poison that stupid Scyther and have Andrew take him out. Baron managed to do well enough in the gym, despite being a frickin' level 17 Magikarp. He finished off Kakuna and Metapod, so well done him.
Then... the rival. Who I have named Felix. It was fairly dumb of me to choose Flare [Cyndaquil] as my starter when I'm doing what is very nearly a ground monotype. That Croconaw was evil. I eventually finished him after much training and a crap ton of luck and my one last Super Potion that I got from Mom. Thank you, Mom.
So, through Ilex I finally went. Snuck up around trainers to Rt 35 to get Ira, who proceeded to make the game fun for me again by being an amazing battler. He evolved pretty quickly. And then something amazing happened. BARON. FINALLY. HIT. LEVEL. 20. He's gorgeous and amazing and competent now. With a higher attack stat than even Eliza. I'm so happy you don't even know. This game is going to be fun again. Thank god.

tl;dr: Azalea Town was a *****.

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
Made it as far as I could today before my right thumb began to feel like is was going to fall off from "A" button rage. I had to hack in Miltank and Psyduck(because I needed help with Brock) but everything else, I managed to catch by progressing through the game. I cleared all eight gyms gyms today and tried to get through victory road but, I literally have no feeling in my right thumb.

pokemonfirered031400254.png
pokemonfirered031400261.png

I should be wrapping up Kanto and moving on to Johto tomorrow.

Edit: Just beat my rival so I'll be starting Heart Gold. Mr.Mime got really over leveled because he was the only one who didn't get annihilated by this elite 4.
pokemonfirered031419430.png
pokemonfirered031419434.png

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
114.gif

Gym Leader Jasmine
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png

208.gif

Rusty ♂ lv. 31 @ Leftovers
Sturdy | Quiet
[ Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Smack Down, Heavy Slam ]

448.gif

Allison ♀ lv. 31 @ Scope Lens
Steadfast | Bashful
[ Counter, Quick Attack, Return, Force Palm ]

181.gif

Amphy ♂ lv. 30 @ Amulet Coin
Static | Naughty
[ Thunder Wave, Return, Strength, ThunderPunch ]

176.gif

Talihina ♂ lv. 31 @ Eviolite
Hustle | Serious
[ Wish, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Flamethrower ]

394.gif

Aaron ♂ lv. 30 @ Mystic Water
Torrent | Jolly
[ Scald, Ice Beam, Peck, Metal Claw ]

We finished the Desert Resort and went on to Nimbasa City to see the lovely sites! We went to check out the sports stadiums and beat some trainers and got some...Potions...yeeeah, exciting I know. We went on to the route to the east of the city and battled more trainers and got up toe level 30. That was good enough to take on the gym leader Elesa. It was really easy with Rusty in the lead, though I'm sure the going will get tougher from here...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Dent|Black
Trio - Basic - Insect

Yana - Pansage - lv 25
Poppo - Pidgeotto - lv 26
Fuu - Cottonee - lv 25
Shizu - Dwebble - lv 22

I fully explored Castelia City for the sake of proper completion of this dumb game and then vaguely hoped I could get through to the Desert Resort to get a Dwebble. But as I suspected, the game forced me to do Plot Advancement before barely even getting out of sight of Castelia. So I wandered off to beat Burgh, but ended up being fored to do even more Plot Advancement before even getting to challenge him. Eventually I did get into the gym and Poppo murdered everyone. Good for her. Beat Bianca and Cheren easily. Started being sneaky around trainers. Got given Dig and taught it to Yana. :D And then caught Shizu up in the Desert Resort! Now to go back and meticulously go over every inch of sand Route 4 and the Resort have to offer.

Clay|HG
Zephyr - Hive - Plain

Eliza - Trapinch - lv 21
Baron - Gyarados - lv 21
Andrew - Sandshrew - lv 21
Ira - Nidorino - lv 21
Kenya - Spearow - lv 20 (borrowed from a dude because sidequest)

Thoroughly explored Goldenrod because I am meticulous like that and still fully explore every city every time even on Emerald which I have played like once a year since it came out. At least. I got a bike, a blue card, a coin case, and various other things. Breezed through Whitney's gym- holy crap Baron was unstoppable and basically took out everyone in there except for the few I let Ira have. I got cried at and given a badge. Then I got given a squirt bottle. Yay. We can get Kenya to that other dude on Rt 31 now. Why couldn't she just fly?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Update for Ruby

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, I just beat Misty. I didn't feel it was really neccesary to update for Brock, since I didn't have any of Giovanni's Pokemon by that point. I caught both Nidoran on Route 3. Things have been pretty smooth so far. I evolved Nidorino with the Moon Stone in Mt. Moon. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about the hidden one in Mt Moon until after I was too far to go back. So I'll be waiting until Celadon to evolve my Nidorina.

Team:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back