In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

TrollandToad.com

Old March 10th, 2013 (10:28 PM).
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
    Just goofing around with the PWT's Leagues and decided to build a team to take them down. I try to use Pokemon I've never used before (or thought about using) so it's probably going to be all over the place. I have used Jolteon tons of times, but couldn't find a replacement, so... yeah.

Jolteon
    Volt Absorb, Zap Plate
    Thunderbolt
    Volt Switch
    Thunder Wave
    Shadow Ball

Cohagrigus
    Mummy, Leftovers
    Will-O-Wisp
    Hex
    Shadow Ball
    Power Split

Kingdra
    Swift Swim, Lum Berry
    Rain Dance
    Waterfall
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 13th, 2013 (8:01 AM).
    Forest's Curse
    • Platinum Tier
    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Mild
    Hmm, these are pokemon I'm not too knowledgeable on but I'll give it a shot.

Jolteon - I see no real reason for it to have both Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. I'd swap Volt Switch for a special coverage move or Work Up or something.

Cohagrigus- Looks okay to me.

Kingdra - Kingdra. You're clearly going for speed here but I see little reason to use both the Rain Dance + Swift Swim combo and Dragon Dance since that takes up move slots. I'd replace Dragon Dance for Dragon Pulse. Outrage is powerful but you need to be certain you can KO your opponent before confusion sets in or know that what ever you switch for can take hits (I'm guessing that's why you have Cohagrigus). So you should be fine to keep outrage but you may want to consider replacing it, really I think it is fine.

Kingdra covers for Jolteon's weakness fine but you don't have much coverage for Kingdra's or Cohagrigus' weaknesses.

PHANTUMP

Old March 13th, 2013 (1:54 PM).
    Nyeh?
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
    Hmm, these are pokemon I'm not too knowledgeable on but I'll give it a shot.

Jolteon - I see no real reason for it to have both Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. I'd swap Volt Switch for a special coverage move or Work Up or something.

Cohagrigus- Looks okay to me.

Kingdra - Kingdra. You're clearly going for speed here but I see little reason to use both the Rain Dance + Swift Swim combo and Dragon Dance since that takes up move slots. I'd replace Dragon Dance for Dragon Pulse. Outrage is powerful but you need to be certain you can KO your opponent before confusion sets in or know that what ever you switch for can take hits (I'm guessing that's why you have Cohagrigus). So you should be fine to keep outrage but you may want to consider replacing it, really I think it is fine.

Kingdra covers for Jolteon's weakness fine but you don't have much coverage for Kingdra's or Cohagrigus' weaknesses.
    The reason why Volt Switch is in there is to give Jolteon a scouting option; it damages the opponent, thens switches out. It's too frail to use Work Up.

I also don't see a reason for Cohagrigus to use both Shadow Ball and Hex at once. I'd rather use Shadow Ball because it's more consistent than Hex, which is only effective when the opponent is statused. If Cohagrigus' Hidden Power type is Fighting, then use that. Also, Pain Split > Power Split to give Cohagrigus some form of recovery.

Quick Reply