• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Last Game You Completed

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I just finished replaying LittleBigPlanet about a month ago, I'm playing a lot of games right now but most of them are games that you can't really 'beat' like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, and games that I've already beaten and I'm just replaying.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Pokemon Black.

Beat the main plot on Saturday.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I finished Portal 2 over the weekend. Needed YouTube strategy guides to get over that finish line, but I'm glad I did it. I'm the last person in the world to realise this, but it's a really, really good game, and nothing like I was expecting it to be when I first started playing it! :D

Sir Codin

Dead Rising (72 hour mode, currently on Overtime)
The Dig (gonna play it again cuz I love it)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
[...]
The Great Bay Temple is by far the most excruciating and annoying temple in the whole LoZ series in my opinion. Switching and freezing and unfreezing the water, damn stray fairies. Ugh.

I completely agree with you. People say bad things about the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time (which honestly I thought wasn't that bad), but in my opinion the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask is much worse. For me, the most annoying thing about it is trying to remember where to find all those damn valves to turn on, and to actually turn every one of those damn valves on every time you run out of time and have to go back to Day 1. And of course the boss is really hard.

But that wasn't the last game I completed. That credit goes to... uhhh... well gee, I can't remember. There are lots of games I'm still on my first playthrough of, but are there any I actually completed? Well, I think the last one I actually completed was Donkey Kong Country. I remember completing the Loopy Lights level and a second fight with Beaky and then being very surprised that I was at K.Rool already. Of course, I kinda cheated on the final fight: I was playing on an emulator, and thus gave in to the temptation to make lots of save states throughout the battle. I only did that because I absolutely loathe backtracking though. I even fell for the fake credits about halfway through the battle! XD

Even more recently than that, I completed Pokemon White, but that doesn't count for two reasons: one, it wasn't my first playthrough, and two, I was doing a Let's Play of the game, which for me automatically disqualifies it from any current play listings and such.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
Depends on what you'd count as finished. I've been playing RTS games, and I usually quit after I've conquered the world or achieve my victory requirements, rather than wait for the victory screen. If that counts, Europe Universalis III

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Megaman Battle Network 6 about 2 days ago. Probably shouldn't have started with the last entry in the series, but I only played it because I had been the watching the various EXE anime series'. Game and anime story are completely different too. Anyways, I enjoyed it quite a bit ;definitely at top of my list of GBA RPG's. (Awesome OST btw)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Finished up Kingdom Hearts 2 over the weekend, surprisingly it was pretty easy by the time I got to The World That Never Was but at the very least Xemnas kept things fun for me.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Super Mario 64 DS - Got all 150 Stars, and caught 28 Rabbits (28 Keys total) Takes even longer than the original version.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Last games I beat (all within a day of each other so I feel okay posting three) were:

Rhythm Heaven Fever - Not nearly as good as the DS version. I suffered from HDTV lag and the games just weren't as fun or rewarding. :/ I wouldn't really recommend it.

Plants vs Zombies (Vita) - I wouldn't have bought this again (I already own it at least twice) but I was very happy to get it through PS+. It's such a good game and this is a really good port.

Gravity Rush - Another PS+ Vita game. I really liked it but I don't know if I'd have been happy paying full price for it. Good game to show off what the Vita's capable of. Could've used less touch screen and tilt mechanics, though. (I have little hands--I can't always reach the screen to swipe for a dodge while actively trying to fight. ;_;)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Super Robot Wars for Game Boy. I felt like playing the Classic era to see where this huge series started. The game was actually good and the gameplay was well done. My only issue is the Final Boss. Too easy. Easier than the boss from the previous stage.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Chrono Trigger. Just finished it yesterday. :D Was as great as many had said.
Witcher. A different type of fantasy game. Awesome in every way. :D
Contra 4. This was some intense *****. Good as any other game in the series. Almost harder than Touhou even. :D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I just finished Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and...
...Dear God. Know that there is no exaggeration in my words when I say that everybody, and I mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON needs to play that masterpiece of a game. There is no game out there that can match VLR in terms of storytelling...just....

The game's left me speechless. It's an incredible game, and if I were to give it a rating, it'd be a 9.75 out of 10. Buy it, just buy it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Now that I think about it, the last game I finished was back in Februrary. Beat the Title Defense Mode in Punch Out.

Before that it was Rhythm Heaven in January. Gotta finish all the games I'm playing soon, and start some that have been waiting to be played for a while.
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Not nearly as good as the DS version. I suffered from HDTV lag and the games just weren't as fun or rewarding. :/ I wouldn't really recommend it.
Dead to me. The DS game is harder but Fever went back to the Tengoku's roots which is waaaay better and how it should be.

I honestly think Fever and Tengoku are harder too if you go for all perfects. The DS game is only hard first time around because each game got varied type of controls and gimmicks, so they catch you off guard, but once you get that keeping up with the rhythm is easy. Fever and Tengoku are actually challenging because the rhythm itself is challenging, not the controls. Once I get a medal in a game in the DS game, I know I can easily get a perfect on it, but the same doesn't apply for Fever and Tengoku. Nothing in the DS game is gonna be harder than getting a perfect on Monkey Watch or Remix 8 in Fever, nothing.

Eh getting off-topic there. I still love the DS game, but it's not even the best DS rhythm game, and not really what Rhythm Heaven represents.
EDIT:
Spoiler:

I just finished Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and...
...Dear God. Know that there is no exaggeration in my words when I say that everybody, and I mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON needs to play that masterpiece of a game. There is no game out there that can match VLR in terms of storytelling...just....

The game's left me speechless. It's an incredible game, and if I were to give it a rating, it'd be a 9.75 out of 10. Buy it, just buy it.
How comparable is it to 999? If you played that game, that is. Been interesting to pick this up since I liked 999, but I can't imagine a sequel being nearly as good, let alone surpass it.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
How comparable is it to 999? If you played that game, that is. Been interesting to pick this up since I liked 999, but I can't imagine a sequel being nearly as good, let alone surpass it.
That's what I said before playing it, I didn't think it could surpass the original...

But it did. Oh God, it did. The characters, the story, the music, the graphics...they all just take dramatic leaps. Given the length of the game in comparison to 999, VLR has a lot more time to craft its story and its characters, as well as its shocks and its twists, and it does. All of it is intelligently planned to lay out what I can without a doubt is the best story I've ever seen in any game I've played.

This one also employs a lot more choice than 999, and because of how it crafts its world, you as a person will feel the weight behind each action on an emotional level. Basically I have this to say: if you liked 999, you will LOVE VLR. I can't guarantee it, but I don't see the contrary being the case.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Completed Tomb Raider yesterday. 100% completion. I'll wait a bit for some new costumes/mods and then I'll give it an only bow run on Hard without the use of Survival Instinct.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
On the 360: Fallout 3. I finished the main story mode but still have to complete a couple side quests and hopefully get some more achievements in the process.

PS3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I let that game sit for a long while but when I finally got back to playing it, it really drew me in. Excellent story, I had a lot of fun finishing it. Just need time to go for Platinum now. ^^

Back