• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have another question. I just finished the main story of Pokemon Ranger: Explorers of Darkness.
I loved it (tho I loved the red rescue team's end bit better), and I just noticed that Explorers of Sky has some stuff in it that Time and Darkness do not. So my question is, if someone who played both t/d and S, if it's worth getting Explorers of time, even after I finish the Darkness (including the post-game story. I would like to get it, but only if it includes a lot of extra stuff.

Also, is there any significant differences between Darkness and Time?

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
When it comes to Pokemon Battle Revolution, when importing your Pokemon from HGSS do things such as exclusive moves (egg/tutor) or event moves go in the game> I understand I had a problem in Plat when I tried to put in some of the Pokemon in their exclusive forms and what not.

Darkrai with Special Rend
Xatu with Signal Beam
Togepi with Extrasenory
for example

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have another question. I just finished the main story of Pokemon Ranger: Explorers of Darkness.
I loved it (tho I loved the red rescue team's end bit better), and I just noticed that Explorers of Sky has some stuff in it that Time and Darkness do not. So my question is, if someone who played both t/d and S, if it's worth getting Explorers of time, even after I finish the Darkness (including the post-game story. I would like to get it, but only if it includes a lot of extra stuff.
Well... I strongly believe that Sky is the best of the MDs.
I mean... it has special episodes that give out more information about the characters...
I might spoil you but you will see what happens with Grovyle ;)

Also, is there any significant differences between Darkness and Time?
Nope. Only some Pokemon differences.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
When it comes to Pokemon Battle Revolution, when importing your Pokemon from HGSS do things such as exclusive moves (egg/tutor) or event moves go in the game> I understand I had a problem in Plat when I tried to put in some of the Pokemon in their exclusive forms and what not.

Darkrai with Special Rend
Xatu with Signal Beam
Togepi with Extrasenory
for example

I've had no problem with them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
New to Pokemon: Where to start?

Hello all! I stumbled onto this forum through a web search, and I'm hoping you lovely people can help me with a serious question I have about Pokemon:

Where do I start?

I have literally never played a Pokemon game before, but I want to get into the world. Which game should I start with? I own or have access to several generations of systems, so no (or very few) limitations there, but I'm a little overwhelmed with where to start. Do the games run in any sort of chronological order, or is it kind of the same game rehashed with new Pokemon and a slightly different story-line each time?

I'm honestly feeling a little overwhelmed with where to dive into the "pool" of the Pokemon universe. Any help or thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2023
I would say the best place to start would be Generation 3. There isn't really necessary chronological order, but the games tend to cycle between main new region and add-on type games. Gen 3 presents you with a new region that plays much more closely to the current generation (5) than the original games and has the first introduction to real end-game content. I would definitely recommend playing all 5 generations to familiarize yourself with all of the pokemon, though. Really, starting anywhere is going to be fun, though, it's mainly about preference of generations, and gameplay isn't really hard until 3rd gen endgame content and competitive battling, so you should be able to reasonably play through the main campaigns of all the games within a couple of months.

Years
Pokemon battle revolution Q.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but I don't know where else to ask?

I have some hacked legendaries on pearl and am wondering if I will be able to use them on Pokemon Battle Revolution?
The stats/abilities/moves are not hacked, just their shininess and the location (necrene museum).
I'm not planning on using wi-fi battles with them.

Years
Like the person above I would say Gen 3, but I am not sure. Depends on you.
Here.

1. If you want to play game with great/moder graphic, start with Gen 3(Emerald) or Gen 4(Platinum)

2. If you are fine old graphic, I suggest Gen 1 (Yellow, Blue, Red) or Gen 2 (Crystal)

However

3. If you want to play Pokemon just for it, catching Pokemon and finishing the game, then go with Gen 3/4.

4. If you, however, want to get that special "feel" about Pokemon, and fully enjoy and learn abut Pokemon, then I strongly advise you to start with Gen 1, then Gen2, 3 4 etc.

If you take up the gen 3 first, you are most likely going to find gen 1 and 2 outdated, slow and boring. Not because it really is, but because new generations are so uch ahead of it.

I am personally going to start whole main game from start, from 1 to...the end. With few pauses during which I will play some spinoff games.

And also. You might want to consider what kind of game you want. Game where you catch Pokemon, or where you just befriend them for mission (Pokemon ranger) or where you are an actual Pokemon (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series)
It would the best for you to check the list of Pokemon games, and their gameplays.

Anyway, welcome to Pokemon world, world where effing Zubats and Tentacools fun never ends! :D

Years
As the above poster said, it really is up to you on how you want to start and where! :D Each generation has a different storyline but the gist of the games are each the same regardless of Generation. From getting your starter, to battling a rival, to battling with a villainous team, to getting gym badges, to taking on the Elite Four/league champion, most (if not, all) generations follow that general pattern. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think it will still let you use them, since I'm pretty sure it doesn't hack check. I remember people would use hacks in the wifi battles back when the game was popular, so yeah. You should be fine.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I personally think it's always good to start in the order that the games came out, but that's just me. If you choose to do it that way, you might not like it since that would mean starting in gen I and a lot of people don't like those games anymore since they're outclasses in many aspects in the current generation. If you don't mind the "blast from the past" type of feel and you want to start with the original games and a more authentic feel, imo anyway, then start with either Red, Blue, or Yellow.

If you're totally new to the series and want a great beginner type of game, FireRed and LeafGreen is the way to go. They're remakes of the original Red and Green, but they're for the Game Boy Advance, so the graphics are much better, the music has been updated, as well as many other things. The game has lots of mandatory and optional tutorials which is good for new players. A problem with getting GBA games is that a lot of them bought online end up being fake, so that's something to watch out for. If ever you choose to purchase a GBA game of any kind online, feel free to come back to this thread and post pictures of the game that's provided by the seller so that we can possibly help you verify authenticity.

I'm gonna stop for now cause I don't wanna overload you lol. :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Soft resetting for shiny snorlax

Hey guys I've been soft resetting for hours a day and still no shiny snorlax just want to know if anybody has the same experience before.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
No, it's random dude. It could take 5 minutes it could take 2 weeks. There's no easy way around it unless you use cheats.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Than I think I just got lucky with my shiny ho oh than. I soft reset for him and I got him in 4 days. It's my 4th day soft resetting for shiny snorlax and still no luck

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
SRing for a shiny is trying your chance in that 1/8192 shiny encounter rate to hit that lucky 1. It might take a few minutes to even months, from 5 SRs to thousands. My friend got his on his 70+ try. You have to have iron patience if you wish to use this method without cheating. I have tried SRing for a shiny starter once before but I have yet to get my shiny Totodile. It really saps ones' patience, but f you really want it, persevere! If you fail, try and try again. Never Give Up! (Y)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Yes, all shiny's have a 1/8192 chance. Whether it be Eevee from Bill, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Snorlax, Lugia, Articuno, etc. It takes patience and lot's of it, getting a shiny is luck and nothing but luck. As I said, there's no easy way to get a shiny just a lot of patience and frustration. That's why I don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back