The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Other FULL Atlantis Awakening [OOC+SU] [M]

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old March 15th, 2013 (3:42 PM).
Retro Bug Retro Bug is offline
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Nature: Timid
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Because it was oNE IN THE MORNING AND I HAD TO SLEEP BECAUSE I HAVE WORK TODAY!

ps. wrote a post bo DEAL WITH IT
but mine was the shortest one sooo.

yayayay thanks madmadmaddy<3
__________________

"I'm ready for a nap..."
[YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
Pokémon:

The Meta Journey
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #102    
Old March 15th, 2013 (9:09 PM).
Swolligator's Avatar
Swolligator Swolligator is offline
Butcher of the Sands
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 1,955
I'll get onto some posts tonight, hopefully move the story on a bit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103    
Old March 16th, 2013 (1:19 PM).
POP3's Avatar
POP3 POP3 is offline
Hitman
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Location: England
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 2
    May I reserve a spot please?
    Reply With Quote
      #104    
    Old March 16th, 2013 (5:38 PM).
    dudegirl626's Avatar
    dudegirl626 dudegirl626 is offline
    schOOL TOMMOROW
       
      Join Date: Sep 2008
      Location: California
      Age: 20
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 50
      Sorry to intrude, but it's a wee bit unclear as to if sign ups are open or not at the moment.
      __________________
      "Life is a winking light in the darkness. ~Hayao Miyazaki"
      Reply With Quote
        #105    
      Old March 16th, 2013 (6:05 PM).
      Retro Bug Retro Bug is offline
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 1,176
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post

      ATLANTIS AWAKENING
      IC thread can be found here.
      Sign-Ups are OPEN

      It's not unclear at all if you have read the original/first post, which is where this quote is from.
      __________________

      "I'm ready for a nap..."
      [YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
      Pokémon:

      The Meta Journey
      Reply With Quote
        #106    
      Old March 16th, 2013 (7:19 PM).
      dudegirl626's Avatar
      dudegirl626 dudegirl626 is offline
      schOOL TOMMOROW
         
        Join Date: Sep 2008
        Location: California
        Age: 20
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 50
        I apologize, I saw that, but very often RPs don't update that top post. Guess this one's on top of it!
        I'll edit with my app.
        __________________
        "Life is a winking light in the darkness. ~Hayao Miyazaki"
        Reply With Quote
          #107    
        Old March 17th, 2013 (4:24 PM).
        Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
        Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
        The Arianator
           
          Join Date: Apr 2012
          Location: America
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 698
          !!! *Double take*

          Wow this just went over my head. When did this come back?

          If its cool with you guys, I would like to join this again, only with a new character.

          ....So I'm going to start working on my sign up because I'm really excited now.
          __________________


          Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
          Reply With Quote
            #108    
          Old March 17th, 2013 (4:45 PM).
          Nakuzami's Avatar
          Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
          Children of Fate
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2010
          Location: Ylisse
          Age: 18
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 5,997
          Lol

          I was wondering how you'd go about handling my introduction of Amelia.
          I love how she just got written off. xD

          Well, I'll make a post in a little bit. It doesn't look like I have too much to make a very long post anyways, so it shouldn't be difficult to write one quickly.
          __________________
          A burdened heart sinks into the ground
          A veil falls away without a sound
          Not day nor night, wrong nor right
          For truth and peace you fight
          Sing with me a song of silence and blood
          The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
          Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
          Can no one hear my cry

          Embrace the dark you call a home,
          Gaze upon an empty, white throne
          A legacy of lies,
          A familiar disguise
          Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
          The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
          Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
          Lost in thoughts all alone
          In the white light, a hand reaches through
          A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
          Waking dreams fade away,
          Embrace the brand-new day
          Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
          The light scatters to the sky above
          Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
          Lost in thoughts all alone


          In endless dreams, countless realms collide
          Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
          But all dreams come to an end,
          Just whispers on the wind
          Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
          Endless dawn came but not without a price,
          Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
          I think of you, all alone
          Reply With Quote
            #109    
          Old March 17th, 2013 (4:59 PM).
          Skymin's Avatar
          Skymin Skymin is offline
          part time demon hunter
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2006
          Location: AU
          Age: 24
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 5,134
          YOU CAN'T MAKE ROYAL FAMILY MEMBERS AND IF YOU DO I WILL KILL THEM THIS IS FACT
          __________________
          art blogreblog blogavatar by me
          i can draw your character → commission info
          Reply With Quote
            #110    
          Old March 17th, 2013 (5:30 PM).
          Nakuzami's Avatar
          Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
          Children of Fate
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2010
          Location: Ylisse
          Age: 18
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 5,997
          BUT MAYBE SHE WASN'T ROYAL FAMILY

          MAYBE SHE WAS

          . . .

          //LOGIC
          __________________
          A burdened heart sinks into the ground
          A veil falls away without a sound
          Not day nor night, wrong nor right
          For truth and peace you fight
          Sing with me a song of silence and blood
          The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
          Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
          Can no one hear my cry

          Embrace the dark you call a home,
          Gaze upon an empty, white throne
          A legacy of lies,
          A familiar disguise
          Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
          The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
          Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
          Lost in thoughts all alone
          In the white light, a hand reaches through
          A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
          Waking dreams fade away,
          Embrace the brand-new day
          Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
          The light scatters to the sky above
          Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
          Lost in thoughts all alone


          In endless dreams, countless realms collide
          Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
          But all dreams come to an end,
          Just whispers on the wind
          Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
          Endless dawn came but not without a price,
          Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
          I think of you, all alone
          Reply With Quote
            #111    
          Old March 17th, 2013 (7:51 PM).
          CarefulWetPaint's Avatar
          CarefulWetPaint CarefulWetPaint is offline
          Doctor Lobotomy
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Apr 2011
          Location: New South Wales, Australia
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,196
          I think no means no and of the no is ignored the character gets dead.
          In other news I did my next post.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #112    
          Old March 19th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
          Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
          Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
          The Arianator
             
            Join Date: Apr 2012
            Location: America
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 698
            Are there any other powers besides Gravity manipulation that are reserved for npcs? Specifically ones not in the first post?
            __________________


            Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
            Reply With Quote
              #113    
            Old March 20th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
            Synthet's Avatar
            Synthet Synthet is offline
               
              Join Date: Feb 2013
              Age: 28
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 355
              Oh, bother. And I was trying so hard to only join one RP... may I reserve the power of technopathy please? I'll start on my SU tonight.
              Reply With Quote
                #114    
              Old March 20th, 2013 (5:49 PM).
              Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
              Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
              The Arianator
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2012
                Location: America
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Sassy
                Posts: 698
                Oh look a sign up how did that get here (okay ill tell you my secret i put it there)

                Spoiler:

                Sign-Up

                Main Information:
                Name: Austin Tseng (like song)
                Alias: Ninja(I hate to be that guy but, it kinda fits his power. You know, the taking light away and refraction parts)
                Age: 17
                Height: 6'
                Weight: 157 lbs
                Location: New York City, America
                Appearance:
                Atlantean Tattoo: A tribal looking sun, with intertwining rays. There are four longer rays, two of which stretch up to the bottom of his shoulders. The other two are on the bottom of the sun and are 45 degrees from the center. The four axis rays are a bit shorter, with the top only barely reaching the base of Austin's collar bone. It is black in color.

                Spoiler:
                Turn it 45 degrees clockwise. (or counterclockwise. Either way works.)


                Physical: With his slightly poofy hair bringing him to the 6' range, Austin is one of the tallest people in his family. His hair is pitch black (I know on the photo it looks brownish, but its supposed to be black) and very styled. It is fairly long, pin-straight, and parted down his right eye. Austin's eyes are dark brown, and his skin is slightly tanned. Overall, he is a handsome young man. He has a thin physique, but has some muscle mass thanks to his 12 years of playing soccer and basketball. His best physical attribute would be his speed, being one of the fastest and longest running members on his team.

                Spoiler:


                Clothing: Austin dresses very well. He wears fashionable clothes, always wanting to look sharp. On a typical day, he could wear anything from a V-Neck to a tuxedo, and anything in between. Austin's wardrobe is only matched by his 'bling' collection. Most of it now goes unworn, but it isn't unlike him to pull out his favorite diamonds. Cuff-links, belt buckles, necklaces, you name it. Also in Austin's arsenal are many different forms of athletic wear. Compression shorts, basketball shorts and jerseys, soccer cleats, etc etc. He usually only wears these when he has a game or practice, or even if he just joins some pick-up sports after school.
                Personality: Austin is a nice guy. Not too competitive, easy going, and friendly, he makes a lot of friends easily. Now, he isn't exactly a pushover either. If he knows something is wrong, he'll try to fix it, or at the very least make sure he has no part in it. Austin also does not like to be told he's wrong, and gets embarrassed when he is. Even if its an honest mistake like spelling someone's last name wrong, he beats himself up about it. Sometimes, especially when he's made three or four mistakes in a row, he'll just stop talking and shut everyone out completely, trying to keep himself from further embarrassment. When it comes to sports, Austin is almost a different person. Headstrong and decisive, Austin does anything short of cheating to win. When he takes on a challenge in the game, he doesn't falter and would take his opponent to the ground rather than give up the ball. This has caused his teammates much grief, as he gets fouled often. Although, haven been given a red card on several occasions throughout his years, he has loosened up a bit this year. Anything is better than sitting on the bench.

                Austin likes to laugh and play, but also believes in hard work. He'd rather get the job done first and have time to goof off later than slack off while working. This philosophy has given him good grades, but his "goofing off" afterwards has also gotten him in some trouble along the way. You wouldn't believe how many toy lightsabers he's had taken away from him.

                History: Born in South Korea, Austin moved here with his Korean mother and half Korean, half American father when he was 6 months old. His parents are his only family, but that's okay with him. A big family is nice to think about sometimes, but he's glad he doesn't have to remember 20 different cousin's names when it's Christmas time. His parents own their own engineering shop, so they are able to attend most of his school events and sports games. When he was five, Austin started playing soccer, and a few months later he started basketball. Both of these sports he loved, and stuck with them. As a young child, he loves to mess around and learn things, only to forget about them when something more interesting came by. Every month it's something else. South American history, sudoku, ping pong, video games, art, karate, woodcarving, if it is available for him, he's interested. Sure, he's no karate master or Mario kart expert, but he can pick those up and practice for fun if he wanted.

                As the years progressed, Austin began to take things more seriously. He decided to only stick to a few certain things at a time until he has mastered them. Primary academics took priority, as he was getting ready to go to college. Changing his schedule drastically his freshman year in High School, he was loaded with all academics. He dropped band, art, P.E., and Desktop publishing for Geometry, American Literature, Chemistry, and Biology, Taking all of his required "easy" credits after school, Austin was able to power play his way into the highest offered level classes for his senior year, surprising both his parents and teachers. This is where he started to develop his "Work hard now, play later" philosophy. Not only did he incorporate this into the big picture of his life, but even the day to day schedule. "If I do tomorrows classwork today, then I can throw paper balls tomorrow," was a theory he tested more often than he should. Unfortunately, between schoolwork and sports, he didn't really have that much time to play. He still firmly believes that eventually he will not have any work left to do, and it will be straight fun from then on out.

                With the sudden exposure of the Atlanteans, it seems the fun is coming a bit early. With the revealing of the crystal, Austin has discovered a new toy to play with, which he dubbed Lumokinesis (actually, its probably what its called officially anyway.)

                Ability: Lumokinesis. The ability to control light. This can be either giving light to light things up, or take it away to make them dark. Since either light or the absence of light is always present, Austin's source is infinite on Earth. He can store light inside himself, and use it to sort of refuel (like photosynthesis, only he can't live solely off of it) his energy. At higher levels of concentration, Austin can reflect and refract light. This means he can mirror objects or even cloak them (by bending the light around objects or himself.)

                Writing Sample:
                Spoiler:

                Austin Tseng

                New York City

                Austin groped in the darkness of his room, trying to find his iPad amongst his nicknacks. After several minutes of accidentally pushing papers and playing cards onto the floor, he remembered his iPad was in the bathroom. Groaning, he got up and shuffled his way to the door. Hitting the light switch on the way out, he was momentarily blinded. Once he regained his sight, he continued to the restroom, where his iPad was sitting on the sink. He flipped the light on in here, too. He grabbed it, and then thought. Why was he using his iPad at...what time is it? 3:23 A.M.? Confused, he seemed to remember something about aliens. Probably just a dream. Weird. Austin turned his iPad off and started to walk back his room. Suddenly the lights went out.

                Austin froze in place, waiting for his eyes to adjust. They never did. Proceeding carefully, Austin made his way to the bed. Just before he stepped up to get in, his foot pushed down on a rogue lego.

                "Mother of FUC-!" Austin started to yell, but he was cut off by a bright flash of light. Stunned, he fell back and hit his head on his dresser. His mind slowed down, and finally went out as he faded into unconsciousness.

                The next morning, Austin had a splitting headache. His neck was kinked, his back ached, and he hurt all over. Rolling over to stand up, Austin grimaced.

                "Oof..." he breathed. Opening his eyes slowly, he hissed at the light. What time was it?

                The clock said 6:30 A.M. Jeez, off to a bad start already. Austin stood up and waddled to the bathroom with his eyes half closed. Squinting in the light, he remembered that he left the light switch on when the power went out. He quickly turned it off. Using the light from the window, Austin took a quick shower. He then went into his room and threw on some undies and a pair of red jeans. He meandered to the kitchen, made a bagel with cream cheese and ate. His cat Marty meowed at him.

                "Whaft?" He said with his mouth full, "Youf want somefing?" Marty just stared at him. Austin pointed at his bowl, "There's still food in there from yesterday," he said, now having swallowed. Marty just kept staring at him.

                "Whatever," said Austin as he took another bite. When he finished eating, Austin cleaned up his plate and went back into his room to put on a shirt. He opted for a casual black tee with the Rolling Stones logo on the front. He finished his dressing with black converse shoes, grabbed his bookbag, and went out to the road. It was 7:10.

                "Dammit, I'm gonna be late," he cursed. Muttering to himself about aliens, he turned down the walkway and started walking to school.

                At 7:25, Austin slipped in to school. He hurried off to his AP History class for a study hour.

                "Well, look who decided to show up for a study half hour," commented his teacher as he walked in, "You know, this won't count towards the thirty hours you need from me. Only full hours at a time will be accepted." She smiled her nasty, ironically sweet smile.

                Austin glared at her, and turned away and left without a single word. He didn't have time to put up with this. Better he got a head start on his British Lit project in the library.

                Thirty five minutes later, Austin was in Government and Economics. They were looking up court cases in the textbook when Austin was gripped by intense pain in his chest. Urgently, he asked to go to the bathroom, said he was going to be sick, and bolted out the door. In the bathroom he pulled his shirt off and stood in the mirror. Black ink was etching across his chest, slowly and painfully. Austin's mouth dropped open. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He touched it tentatively. It responded with fire, turning his brain into Pain Receptors R Us. Yelling, no, shrieking in pain, the room light up. The light forced Austin to close his eyes, but before he did he saw the lights in the hallway go dark in the mirror. Covering his face with his shirt, he shrunk down to the ground.

                Over the next few days, Austin discovered that the bright flashes of light were from him. At first he had thought that he had unlocked some hidden human potential, but the announcement of the Atlanteans rectified that. Playing with his new ability, Austin learned that he can not only "create" light, but take it away and move it as well. (He doesn't actually create light, he just concentrates it from a source. And whenever he takes away or give light, it has to come from or go to somewhere.)


                __________________


                Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
                Reply With Quote
                  #115    
                Old March 20th, 2013 (9:45 PM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by Swolligator.
                Swolligator's Avatar
                Swolligator Swolligator is offline
                Butcher of the Sands
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Location: Syndicate HQ
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 1,955
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by POP3 View Post
                May I reserve a spot please?
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by dudegirl626 View Post
                I apologize, I saw that, but very often RPs don't update that top post. Guess this one's on top of it!
                I'll edit with my app.
                Yes, places are still open in the RP.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
                Lol

                I was wondering how you'd go about handling my introduction of Amelia.
                I love how she just got written off. xD

                Well, I'll make a post in a little bit. It doesn't look like I have too much to make a very long post anyways, so it shouldn't be difficult to write one quickly.
                You may not create any characters to do with either of the organisations or of importance unless you have: a)Advised us on your intent and talked with either Skymin or I about it, or b)Instructed to do so.

                Skymin and I are the GMs here, please refrain from making characters in the future when it comes to something like this. Also NPCs with abilities will also need to be passed by us, in order to keep a note of what abilities have been taken.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
                Oh, bother. And I was trying so hard to only join one RP... may I reserve the power of technopathy please? I'll start on my SU tonight.
                No problem, Reserved.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
                Oh look a sign up how did that get here (okay ill tell you my secret i put it there)

                Spoiler:

                Sign-Up

                Main Information:
                Name: Austin Tseng (like song)
                Alias: Ninja(I hate to be that guy but, it kinda fits his power. You know, the taking light away and refraction parts)
                Age: 17
                Height: 6'
                Weight: 157 lbs
                Location: New York City, America
                Appearance:
                Atlantean Tattoo: A tribal looking sun, with intertwining rays. There are four longer rays, two of which stretch up to the bottom of his shoulders. The other two are on the bottom of the sun and are 45 degrees from the center. The four axis rays are a bit shorter, with the top only barely reaching the base of Austin's collar bone. It is black in color.

                Spoiler:
                Turn it 45 degrees clockwise. (or counterclockwise. Either way works.)


                Physical: With his slightly poofy hair bringing him to the 6' range, Austin is one of the tallest people in his family. His hair is pitch black (I know on the photo it looks brownish, but its supposed to be black) and very styled. It is fairly long, pin-straight, and parted down his right eye. Austin's eyes are dark brown, and his skin is slightly tanned. Overall, he is a handsome young man. He has a thin physique, but has some muscle mass thanks to his 12 years of playing soccer and basketball. His best physical attribute would be his speed, being one of the fastest and longest running members on his team.

                Spoiler:


                Clothing: Austin dresses very well. He wears fashionable clothes, always wanting to look sharp. On a typical day, he could wear anything from a V-Neck to a tuxedo, and anything in between. Austin's wardrobe is only matched by his 'bling' collection. Most of it now goes unworn, but it isn't unlike him to pull out his favorite diamonds. Cuff-links, belt buckles, necklaces, you name it. Also in Austin's arsenal are many different forms of athletic wear. Compression shorts, basketball shorts and jerseys, soccer cleats, etc etc. He usually only wears these when he has a game or practice, or even if he just joins some pick-up sports after school.
                Personality: Austin is a nice guy. Not too competitive, easy going, and friendly, he makes a lot of friends easily. Now, he isn't exactly a pushover either. If he knows something is wrong, he'll try to fix it, or at the very least make sure he has no part in it. Austin also does not like to be told he's wrong, and gets embarrassed when he is. Even if its an honest mistake like spelling someone's last name wrong, he beats himself up about it. Sometimes, especially when he's made three or four mistakes in a row, he'll just stop talking and shut everyone out completely, trying to keep himself from further embarrassment. When it comes to sports, Austin is almost a different person. Headstrong and decisive, Austin does anything short of cheating to win. When he takes on a challenge in the game, he doesn't falter and would take his opponent to the ground rather than give up the ball. This has caused his teammates much grief, as he gets fouled often. Although, haven been given a red card on several occasions throughout his years, he has loosened up a bit this year. Anything is better than sitting on the bench.

                Austin likes to laugh and play, but also believes in hard work. He'd rather get the job done first and have time to goof off later than slack off while working. This philosophy has given him good grades, but his "goofing off" afterwards has also gotten him in some trouble along the way. You wouldn't believe how many toy lightsabers he's had taken away from him.

                History: Born in South Korea, Austin moved here with his Korean mother and half Korean, half American father when he was 6 months old. His parents are his only family, but that's okay with him. A big family is nice to think about sometimes, but he's glad he doesn't have to remember 20 different cousin's names when it's Christmas time. His parents own their own engineering shop, so they are able to attend most of his school events and sports games. When he was five, Austin started playing soccer, and a few months later he started basketball. Both of these sports he loved, and stuck with them. As a young child, he loves to mess around and learn things, only to forget about them when something more interesting came by. Every month it's something else. South American history, sudoku, ping pong, video games, art, karate, woodcarving, if it is available for him, he's interested. Sure, he's no karate master or Mario kart expert, but he can pick those up and practice for fun if he wanted.

                As the years progressed, Austin began to take things more seriously. He decided to only stick to a few certain things at a time until he has mastered them. Primary academics took priority, as he was getting ready to go to college. Changing his schedule drastically his freshman year in High School, he was loaded with all academics. He dropped band, art, P.E., and Desktop publishing for Geometry, American Literature, Chemistry, and Biology, Taking all of his required "easy" credits after school, Austin was able to power play his way into the highest offered level classes for his senior year, surprising both his parents and teachers. This is where he started to develop his "Work hard now, play later" philosophy. Not only did he incorporate this into the big picture of his life, but even the day to day schedule. "If I do tomorrows classwork today, then I can throw paper balls tomorrow," was a theory he tested more often than he should. Unfortunately, between schoolwork and sports, he didn't really have that much time to play. He still firmly believes that eventually he will not have any work left to do, and it will be straight fun from then on out.

                With the sudden exposure of the Atlanteans, it seems the fun is coming a bit early. With the revealing of the crystal, Austin has discovered a new toy to play with, which he dubbed Lumokinesis (actually, its probably what its called officially anyway.)

                Ability: Lumokinesis. The ability to control light. This can be either giving light to light things up, or take it away to make them dark. Since either light or the absence of light is always present, Austin's source is infinite on Earth. He can store light inside himself, and use it to sort of refuel (like photosynthesis, only he can't live solely off of it) his energy. At higher levels of concentration, Austin can reflect and refract light. This means he can mirror objects or even cloak them (by bending the light around objects or himself.)

                Writing Sample:
                Spoiler:

                Austin Tseng

                New York City

                Austin groped in the darkness of his room, trying to find his iPad amongst his nicknacks. After several minutes of accidentally pushing papers and playing cards onto the floor, he remembered his iPad was in the bathroom. Groaning, he got up and shuffled his way to the door. Hitting the light switch on the way out, he was momentarily blinded. Once he regained his sight, he continued to the restroom, where his iPad was sitting on the sink. He flipped the light on in here, too. He grabbed it, and then thought. Why was he using his iPad at...what time is it? 3:23 A.M.? Confused, he seemed to remember something about aliens. Probably just a dream. Weird. Austin turned his iPad off and started to walk back his room. Suddenly the lights went out.

                Austin froze in place, waiting for his eyes to adjust. They never did. Proceeding carefully, Austin made his way to the bed. Just before he stepped up to get in, his foot pushed down on a rogue lego.

                "Mother of FUC-!" Austin started to yell, but he was cut off by a bright flash of light. Stunned, he fell back and hit his head on his dresser. His mind slowed down, and finally went out as he faded into unconsciousness.

                The next morning, Austin had a splitting headache. His neck was kinked, his back ached, and he hurt all over. Rolling over to stand up, Austin grimaced.

                "Oof..." he breathed. Opening his eyes slowly, he hissed at the light. What time was it?

                The clock said 6:30 A.M. Jeez, off to a bad start already. Austin stood up and waddled to the bathroom with his eyes half closed. Squinting in the light, he remembered that he left the light switch on when the power went out. He quickly turned it off. Using the light from the window, Austin took a quick shower. He then went into his room and threw on some undies and a pair of red jeans. He meandered to the kitchen, made a bagel with cream cheese and ate. His cat Marty meowed at him.

                "Whaft?" He said with his mouth full, "Youf want somefing?" Marty just stared at him. Austin pointed at his bowl, "There's still food in there from yesterday," he said, now having swallowed. Marty just kept staring at him.

                "Whatever," said Austin as he took another bite. When he finished eating, Austin cleaned up his plate and went back into his room to put on a shirt. He opted for a casual black tee with the Rolling Stones logo on the front. He finished his dressing with black converse shoes, grabbed his bookbag, and went out to the road. It was 7:10.

                "Dammit, I'm gonna be late," he cursed. Muttering to himself about aliens, he turned down the walkway and started walking to school.

                At 7:25, Austin slipped in to school. He hurried off to his AP History class for a study hour.

                "Well, look who decided to show up for a study half hour," commented his teacher as he walked in, "You know, this won't count towards the thirty hours you need from me. Only full hours at a time will be accepted." She smiled her nasty, ironically sweet smile.

                Austin glared at her, and turned away and left without a single word. He didn't have time to put up with this. Better he got a head start on his British Lit project in the library.

                Thirty five minutes later, Austin was in Government and Economics. They were looking up court cases in the textbook when Austin was gripped by intense pain in his chest. Urgently, he asked to go to the bathroom, said he was going to be sick, and bolted out the door. In the bathroom he pulled his shirt off and stood in the mirror. Black ink was etching across his chest, slowly and painfully. Austin's mouth dropped open. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He touched it tentatively. It responded with fire, turning his brain into Pain Receptors R Us. Yelling, no, shrieking in pain, the room light up. The light forced Austin to close his eyes, but before he did he saw the lights in the hallway go dark in the mirror. Covering his face with his shirt, he shrunk down to the ground.

                Over the next few days, Austin discovered that the bright flashes of light were from him. At first he had thought that he had unlocked some hidden human potential, but the announcement of the Atlanteans rectified that. Playing with his new ability, Austin learned that he can not only "create" light, but take it away and move it as well. (He doesn't actually create light, he just concentrates it from a source. And whenever he takes away or give light, it has to come from or go to somewhere.)


                Looks good, nice to have you on board. Accepted. Post when you're ready.


                @Everyone: With Skymin going away for three weeks and myself picking up extra work shifts around university, we will be unable to be online as much as we used to be, so please bare this in mind as the RP might slow a little.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #116    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (11:49 AM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by Nakuzami.
                Nakuzami's Avatar
                Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
                Children of Fate
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2010
                Location: Ylisse
                Age: 18
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 5,997
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
                You may not create any characters to do with either of the organisations or of importance unless you have: a)Advised us on your intent and talked with either Skymin or I about it, or b)Instructed to do so.

                Skymin and I are the GMs here, please refrain from making characters in the future when it comes to something like this. Also NPCs with abilities will also need to be bypassed by us, in order to keep a note of what abilities have been taken.
                Um . . . does 'sorry' cut it?.-.
                I guess I'm just used to creating random NPCs that have nothing to do with anything . . . and ones that do, in few cases.
                I was going to ask if you'd wanted to use her and have her be the one to go about my little recruiting business, but then I kind of . . . forgot about that. .-.

                And I wasn't questioning you being the GMs.

                (Compulsive correction. Don't take it the wrong way. :C Too late? /:)

                Normally I would say something here about how I'm going to post in the IC so that this post doesn't sound pointless, but I kind of have to wait for Imogen.
                EDIT: Just checked out Skymin's edit. Lol, one post coming up.
                EDIT2: Lol, I feel like I'm playing as Brad rather than Will at the moment. I must have done something wrong.
                __________________
                A burdened heart sinks into the ground
                A veil falls away without a sound
                Not day nor night, wrong nor right
                For truth and peace you fight
                Sing with me a song of silence and blood
                The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
                Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
                Can no one hear my cry

                Embrace the dark you call a home,
                Gaze upon an empty, white throne
                A legacy of lies,
                A familiar disguise
                Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
                The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
                Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
                Lost in thoughts all alone
                In the white light, a hand reaches through
                A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
                Waking dreams fade away,
                Embrace the brand-new day
                Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
                The light scatters to the sky above
                Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
                Lost in thoughts all alone


                In endless dreams, countless realms collide
                Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
                But all dreams come to an end,
                Just whispers on the wind
                Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
                Endless dawn came but not without a price,
                Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
                I think of you, all alone
                Reply With Quote
                  #117    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (1:29 PM).
                Skymin's Avatar
                Skymin Skymin is offline
                part time demon hunter
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2006
                Location: AU
                Age: 24
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 5,134
                Well you made will a colossal jerk. Maybe that's where you went wrong. I'm liking brad better atm haha
                __________________
                art blogreblog blogavatar by me
                i can draw your character → commission info
                Reply With Quote
                  #118    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (1:32 PM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by Nakuzami.
                Nakuzami's Avatar
                Nakuzami Nakuzami is offline
                Children of Fate
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2010
                Location: Ylisse
                Age: 18
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 5,997
                Yeah! I don't know why. xD
                That's just kind of how it came out. I had no intentions for it to be this way. At this rate, Brad's personality is what I had planned to make Will more like. x3
                I did kind of state in a previous post that Will was better at being 'nice' than Brad, but he was stressed for some reason. FOR SOME REASON. Don't ask because I don't know it. THAT'S JUST HOW WILL TOLD ME TO WRITE HIM, OKAY?

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
                Austin Tseng - Atlantean Relief Center, New York City, America
                New York isn't a capital city. :C
                __________________
                A burdened heart sinks into the ground
                A veil falls away without a sound
                Not day nor night, wrong nor right
                For truth and peace you fight
                Sing with me a song of silence and blood
                The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud
                Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
                Can no one hear my cry

                Embrace the dark you call a home,
                Gaze upon an empty, white throne
                A legacy of lies,
                A familiar disguise
                Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
                The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
                Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
                Lost in thoughts all alone
                In the white light, a hand reaches through
                A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
                Waking dreams fade away,
                Embrace the brand-new day
                Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
                The light scatters to the sky above
                Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone
                Lost in thoughts all alone


                In endless dreams, countless realms collide
                Hope falls only to rise like the changing tide
                But all dreams come to an end,
                Just whispers on the wind
                Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
                Endless dawn came but not without a price,
                Lost in the waves there glimmers, a pale blue stone.
                I think of you, all alone
                Reply With Quote
                  #119    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (2:09 PM).
                Swolligator's Avatar
                Swolligator Swolligator is offline
                Butcher of the Sands
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Location: Syndicate HQ
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 1,955
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
                Um . . . does 'sorry' cut it?.-.
                I guess I'm just used to creating random NPCs that have nothing to do with anything . . . and ones that do, in few cases.
                I was going to ask if you'd wanted to use her and have her be the one to go about my little recruiting business, but then I kind of . . . forgot about that. .-.

                And I wasn't questioning you being the GMs. But I must say:
                Pass things by Skymin and myself before you do something drastic, WE run the RP, you don't.


                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
                By using the word 'bypassed' you pretty much just said NPCs with abilities need to be made and put in place without your knowledge so that you may keep track of them. Just thought I'd point that out. Surprising what two little letters can do. (Compulsive correction. Don't take it the wrong way. :C)
                Being a Smart-ass is a sure fire way to getting yourself booted out of this RP.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #120    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (2:19 PM).
                Skymin's Avatar
                Skymin Skymin is offline
                part time demon hunter
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2006
                Location: AU
                Age: 24
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 5,134
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
                New York isn't a capital city. :C
                It's a hotspot. It'll do.
                __________________
                art blogreblog blogavatar by me
                i can draw your character → commission info
                Reply With Quote
                  #121    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (2:43 PM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by Lt. Col. Fantastic.
                Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
                Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
                The Arianator
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Location: America
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Sassy
                  Posts: 698
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
                  New York isn't a capital city. :C

                  Oh, heh heh. I thought it was. My bad lol.

                  I mean, it would make sense for there to be one in New York anyway, since it's one of America's biggest cities.

                  EDIT: Somehow I missed Skymin's post. That has to be the longest gap of getting ninja'd by in history
                  __________________


                  Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #122    
                  Old March 24th, 2013 (2:20 AM).
                  Swolligator's Avatar
                  Swolligator Swolligator is offline
                  Butcher of the Sands
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Location: Syndicate HQ
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 1,955
                  It's okay Fantastic, there's a post there for you. Another for you too, Gamer.

                  Hopefully, I can get some posts written up over this weeks break of Easter and move the RP along more. Everyone's characters are great!
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #123    
                  Old March 24th, 2013 (2:24 AM).
                  adventure's Avatar
                  adventure adventure is offline
                  impossible girl
                  • Super Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2007
                  Location: Skaia
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 26,559
                  I want to do something already 8D But Tom keeps insisting we shouldn't be parted xD
                  __________________

                  adventure seeker ☆ ★ ★ super moderator
                  Reply With Quote
                    #124    
                  Old March 24th, 2013 (2:30 PM).
                  Swolligator's Avatar
                  Swolligator Swolligator is offline
                  Butcher of the Sands
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Location: Syndicate HQ
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 1,955
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
                  I want to do something already 8D But Tom keeps insisting we shouldn't be parted xD
                  Tom doesn't really get a say to be honest. Hopefully Maddy will be able to write a post for you guys in the coming week. I've got others to work on now.....
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #125    
                  Old March 24th, 2013 (4:36 PM).
                  CarefulWetPaint's Avatar
                  CarefulWetPaint CarefulWetPaint is offline
                  Doctor Lobotomy
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2011
                  Location: New South Wales, Australia
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,196
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
                  I want to do something already 8D But Tom keeps insisting we shouldn't be parted xD

                  WELL IM SORRY!

                  Anyway Im getting my post down right now so we should be able to kinda get a move on, at least you will
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply
                  Quick Reply

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:36 PM.